Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1406608 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#997085 Oct 7, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Some people have pride unlike you liberals--she doesn't want Medicaid welfare evidentally. She doesn't want insurance at all. She is steaming mad at O'bama and the democrats. Most people don't want to be part of the democrat TAX. Everyone is realizing O'bamacare is a SCAM. That's the facts Davie, deal with it.
She was crying on national TV for a subsidy but too proud for medicaid.
Pete

United States

#997086 Oct 7, 2013
Testing
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#997087 Oct 7, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
The ACA doesn't have anything to do with how long it takes your doctor to see you nitwit unless you think that because more people will have access to health care will increase your waiting time. If so too bad.
that was once a concern, but now it is clear that the hospitals and doctors in the exchange plans are not those that most people use.....in fact, ObamaKKKare may clear the trash from the good hospitals...

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#997088 Oct 7, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumb Dave under Dummy Watch.
No, I am not a Tea Party member.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#997089 Oct 7, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Hey, Yeah, and Republicans will be blamed either way. Let the cat out now or wait until the damage is already done.
Just like the shutdown. The Democrats are relishing in it. Even though they're the ones who created the damage.
Think of a spoiled younger sibling always getting away with everything because the older and more responsible sibling is always blamed for not keeping their younger brat out of trouble.
The majority of Americans are like permissive parents who never want to blame their precious little brat.
with soldiers like you in the American Revolution, we would still be British citizens.....grow a spine and stop listening to O'Reilly...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#997090 Oct 7, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
I sure don't see you trying to question it.
Sno'balls.
I just did with my comment.

Aren't you awake from your ignorance-induced sleep yet?
WOW

New York, NY

#997091 Oct 7, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably because Weiner and his wife didn't have a "power pact" - remember the "two for the price of one" when Clinton was elected?
Marriages built on power hunger don't count.
So what I get from your statement THE CLINTONS HAVE NO MORALS
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#997092 Oct 7, 2013
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Single mother of 2 wants no insurance?
2. Based upon her income, your story is crap. She already qualifies for Medicaid.
3. You're an idiot
crawl back in your hole, you child-molesting teacher wannabe....

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#997093 Oct 7, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Seems Reid did try and negotiate...
... Boehner reneged!!!
Got any details? But thanks for not waving your "I have absolutely nothing to offer to this forum" sign again.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#997094 Oct 7, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
She was crying on national TV for a subsidy but too proud for medicaid.
No she wasn't crying on TV either. It was on the O'bamacare website. She is being FORCED by the democrats to buy insurance, and YET she doesn't have the money to do so. There is the problem. I am sure she thought she would be 'entitled' to a subsidy or free healthcare. She wasn't crying SHE DOES NOT WANT OBAMACARE. BUT O'bama and the democrats are forcing her to have insurance. She needs to game the system. Pay the small 95 dollar fine and then if something happens, they can't refuse her.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#997095 Oct 7, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
that was once a concern, but now it is clear that the hospitals and doctors in the exchange plans are not those that most people use.....in fact, ObamaKKKare may clear the trash from the good hospitals...
Totally dumb commentary....
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#997096 Oct 7, 2013
Who needs the Natl Weather Service to tell us to take cover?

"Tornado watch posted for D.C. metro area Live"

http://liveblog.wtop.com/Event/Tornado_watch_...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#997097 Oct 7, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
So, tell us about what changes Reid wanted to the funding bills on his desk now that he won't allow onto the Senate floor for a vote.
We know what they don't agree on. Tell us why those things the Democrats say they are for are being held up by the Democrats.
Why are the Democrats shutting down the government?
Why son? All you do is make generic statements without support.

At least I've given a source... unlike you!

So grow up and be a man for once.... well, try to anyway!
WOW

New York, NY

#997098 Oct 7, 2013
BLACK AMERICAN WERE SOLD DOWN THE RIVER BY FORMER CIVL RIGHTS LEADERSHIP FOR OBAMAS PRESIDENCY Sisters of Miriam Carey say she was NOT delusional when she tried to ram her car through a White House barrier and question police officers' fatal use of force The sisters of Miriam Carey, the woman who was fatally shot attempting to drive through a barrier outside the White House last week, say she was not 'delusional'.I guess she wasn't RODNEY KING OR TWANA BRAWLEY
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#997099 Oct 7, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally dumb commentary....
wrong...check out the networks in the exchange plans...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#997100 Oct 7, 2013
Oh Look: The American People Are Defunding Obamacare All By Themselves

By Cultural Limits on October 4, 2013 •( 9 )

Obamacare-Rips-Off-Americans

As the reports roll in of state after state where NO ONE has signed up for Obamacare through the state exchanges, and the sticker shock of the arranged insurance plans is, ahem, making a lot of supporters mad according to their comments on the government’s “official Obamacare Facebook page,” we are witnessing the power of the people in action – and not just the TEA Party this time.

The American people are just saying no to Obamacare, and it is a beautiful thing to see.

While this in and of itself is not necessarily the law’s funeral toll, it is in effect defunding the creature – without Congress. All along, the “success” of Obamacare depended on young people enrolling in expensive insurance plans, with coverage they may not need or want, in order to finance the coverage of the uninsured. As the majority of the people dutifully playing their part of political pawn and going to the various register for Obamacare websites are finding out, Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum refers the price for taking part, not the level of care.

That those are fundraising levels frequently found on non-profit plaques is lost on the general public.

To add insult to injury to the people who thought they were getting something for nothing, most of the people for whom Obamacare was supposed to be an entitlement are not eligible:
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#997101 Oct 7, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Got any details? But thanks for not waving your "I have absolutely nothing to offer to this forum" sign again.
Why do you demand from others what you refuse to provide son?

Waving useless flags is your 'schtick'. You know, like your CRA crap!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#997102 Oct 7, 2013
Obamacare sticker shock will not affect millions of low-income Americans; a New York Times analysis published on Wednesday found that Obamacare “will leave out two-thirds of the poor blacks and single mothers and more than half of the low-wage workers who do not have insurance, the very kinds of people that the program was intended to help.”

From Breitbart:

Oops. Looks like The New York Times didn’t read the bill before it was passed, either. Or after for that matter.

Nothing says “We don’t care about you” more than promising something for nothing and then not delivering. Sucks for the Occupier of the White House since his name is on the legislation.

Now that the American people have seen for themselves what the price of Obamacare is, maybe the outcry will change a few minds on Capitol Hill. If not, a good number of those people will lose their jobs. And they want to keep their jobs. Sorry Bela Pelosi.

James Carville says it and it’s absolutely true: voters will eject anyone who does not appear to care for the people’s everyday lives. Somebody on that side didn’t think this one through. Making 30 hours per week the threshold for full-time work and expect business owners to actually maintain staffs at 39 hours AND pay for health insurance OR pay a fine? And then, those very people whose hours were cut because the business owners couldn’t afford to provide the insurance or pay the fine would not be eligible for subsidies? And then to expect working people would forfeit a quarter of their net income – AFTER the Federal Government takes a hefty cut – to pay into the system? Yeah, right.

Economics is obviously not a Democratic strong suit.

Thanks to pushing Obamacare down our throats and shutting down the government over Republican refusal to pay for it, the Democrats are going to pay a nasty political price if the people smarting from the sticker shock will hold still long enough to figure out who did the deed.

Forget that the websites are insecure and that the coding is a disaster, the pricetag is driving every day citizens away. We’d all rather pay the fine. It’s cheaper.

Yes, repeal is the ultimate answer, but the hoards haven’t quite accepted that yet. Hang on. More outrage to come.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#997103 Oct 7, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
the last word for right wing commie lovers...
you can't leave the kids alone when they're trying to kill the babysitter.
normally liberals like you would have already killed the kids AKA O'bamacareabortion.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#997104 Oct 7, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
with soldiers like you in the American Revolution, we would still be British citizens.....grow a spine and stop listening to O'Reilly...
And you need to just shut it. The Republicans are just doing what they were elected to do. But there is no way in hell Reid and Obama are going to change one word - not one letter - in Obamcare.

I'm assuming you DO know that...RIGHT??

The cat is going to be let out of the bag whether you want to believe we're dealing with rational and reasonable elected officials or not.

They're going to win AT ALL COSTS just because they can!!

Why did I even care about you being AWOL?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Dianne 219,930
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 8 min Ize Found 70,858
Al Sharpton 5 hr AlisAPieceOfShyt 12
People who annoy you. 5 hr Im Phissed 4
This is reason Pat Buchanan fired from CNN. 5 hr PatSezVOTETRUMP 5
Mario Romero 8 hr Searching 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 hr Sublime1 103,176

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages