Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#996754 Oct 6, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Polly want a cracker?
You are deflecting again to cover the fact that you have no
facts.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#996755 Oct 6, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Debunked. Polly want a cracker?
Fool, I was the one who pointed out that this turns out to be a sick publicity stunt.

Get a clue.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#996756 Oct 6, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text> Parroting play ground taunts is exactly what I would expect from you.
Maturity just isn't your strong point.
USA is out of talking points.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#996757 Oct 6, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Polly want a cracker?
No, Polly, you can't have one.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#996758 Oct 6, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Polly want a cracker?
Liberal grow up?

Prevented this

#996759 Oct 6, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You avoid the truth like it's poison.
The occupation of Lithuania by Nazi Germany lasted from the German invasion of Soviet Union to the end of the Battle of Memel (June 22, 1941 to January 28, 1945). At first the Germans were welcomed as "liberators" from the repressive Soviet regime which occupied Lithuania prior to the German arrival. In hopes of re-establishing independence or regaining some autonomy, Lithuanians organized their Provisional Government. Soon the Lithuanian attitudes towards the Germans changed into passive resistance."
"Before the Holocaust, Lithuania was home to about 210,000 or 250,000 Jews and was one of the greatest centers of Jewish theology, philosophy, and learning which preceded even the times of the Gaon of Vilna. The Holocaust in Lithuania can be divided into three stages: mass executions (June–December 1941), ghetto period (1942 – March 1943), and final liquidation (April 1943 – July 1944).
Unlike in other Nazi-occupied countries where the Holocaust was introduced gradually (first limiting Jewish civil rights, then concentrating Jews in ghettos, and only then executing them in death camps), executions in Lithuania started on the first days of war. According to German documents, on June 25–26, 1941, "about 1,500 Jews were eliminated by Lithuanian partisans. Many Jewish synagogues were set on fire; on the following nights another 2,300 were killed." The executions were carried out by three main groups: in Kaunas (Ninth Fort), in Vilnius (Ponary massacre), and in countryside (Rollkommando Hamann). It is estimated that 80% of the Lithuanian Jews were killed before 1942.""
----------
Your bullshit doesn't line up with history. The Nazi's wiped out Lithuania's Jews, with the help of Lithuanian Christian Partisans. The local Christians in Europe, like Poland and the rest, were eager helpers in killing the Jews.
What about the Hotel? you don't want to continue your lie there? So what is your point anyway? you are one of those Jew and Israel haters just like usm1680moslemlover and her husband yeah, the brain dead one with a pacemaker? Got it. You all can kibitz among yourselves. Useless.

Bozeman, MT

#996760 Oct 6, 2013
doberman wrote:
<quoted text>
but what they are offering isnt the affordable health care that Obama was promising. about $200 a month with a $1300 deductable. can you imagine some young person who makes $12 an hour, with a car payment, school loans, as well as all the typical domestic bills? this shˇt is a mess. most americans dont want socialized healthcare, and its being forced. i cant wait til this marxist is out of office. maybe someone else will be able to do some sort of damage control
The ACA may be a lot of things, but affordable is NOT one of them.

Prevented this

#996761 Oct 6, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Poky want a cracker?
pok·y
&#712;p&#333;k&#27 5;/Submit
adjective
annoyingly slow or dull.
"his poky old horse"
(of a room or building) uncomfortably small and cramped.
"five of us shared the poky little room"

Now how did you come up with the above sentence. Made it up in liberal land? er eh well um see I I I.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#996762 Oct 6, 2013
FYI

87% of government is still open.

The only things that are closed are those the admin's OMB has declared non-essential.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#996763 Oct 6, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's all get our political wisdom from a comic show?
Pass
Well humour cuts to the chase in a very direct way. Nothing like displaying the truth and talking about the absurdity of it. That's where the laughs are, and dip$hits like Hannity and co are the biggest laughs of all. Fox news is a comedians gift that keeps on giving, the source of laughter all around the world.

Orlando, FL

#996764 Oct 6, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
And that's why they're called 'entitlements'.
Many people like you think they'd be better off if they hadn't paid into the system.
Based on the number of older people surviving on Social Security alone, this disproves just how competent the average person is in planning for their later years.
If left to most, it's about later. I'll do it later. Then a bad economy, a job loss, an illness, and suddenly Social Security is your lifeline.
Though most of you deny it, it's all about I'll get mine now, and the younger ones will get screwed with the bill for me but no benefits for them.
You're a real patriot, fer sure.
Shouldn't worry too much about SS not being there for you. PDupont says the government is managing it just fine.

And it was your party's idea in the first place.

Can't help it if my generation's working tax dollars paid for the retirements of the generation before ours.

But your generation is most likely screwed because reform isn't in your party's dictionary.

Prevented this

#996765 Oct 6, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
USA is out of talking points.
Usually she starts blaming Israel for the world ills, that's always a main stay for her.

Orlando, FL

#996766 Oct 6, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, that's what you said when Obama ran against Rmoney. You are a good contrary indicator, that's for sure.
No, actually I thought the majority still had a brain.

But the majority, unfortunately, still had visions of sugarplums dancing in their heads.

A lot of them now realize Obama really isn't Santa Claus and Obamacare is getting coal in their stockings.

Orlando, FL

#996767 Oct 6, 2013
Obama wants this shutdown. It's the reason he's digging in his heels and relishing it.

Unfortunately, he can't refuse to negotiate on the debt ceiling that's right around the corner.

Bozeman, MT

#996768 Oct 6, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well humour cuts to the chase in a very direct way. Nothing like displaying the truth and talking about the absurdity of it. That's where the laughs are, and dip$hits like Hannity and co are the biggest laughs of all. Fox news is a comedians gift that keeps on giving, the source of laughter all around the world.
I suppose MSNBC is all about facts and truth, hmm?

Orlando, FL

#996769 Oct 6, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text> maybe you're just wrong......
Even though I understand the implications of letting Obama and the Democrats have complete ownership of Obamacare because it will be much more difficult putting the cat back into the bag once it's been let out, a big part of me still wants Republicans to say to Obama and Reid, "It's all yours now."

They tried.

Prevented this

#996770 Oct 6, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
The ACA may be a lot of things, but affordable is NOT one of them.
O'bama's Government Quack Care, A people and a job killer.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#996771 Oct 6, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again-idiot-this is a partial shut down.
The only agencies and services that are closed are those the admin's OMB has closed as non-essential
The OMB calls the Amber Alert and cancer treatment to kids as non-essential-heartless creeps.
No other POTUS has closed commentaries during these shut downs showing how over the top your spiteful POTUS is.
The Bonehead is OBAMA-your guy!
Debunked. Debunked. Debunked. Polly want a cracker?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#996772 Oct 6, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The taxpayer-funded federal health-insurance subsidies dispensed to those on Congress’s payroll — which now range from $5,000 to $11,000 a year — would have had ended had not Obama used the quiet of the August recess to personally order the Office of Personnel Management, which supervises federal employment issues, to interpret the law so as to retain the generous congressional benefits.
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/358550/...
A Senate source said polling data shows there is strong public support for requiring congressional members and staff to receive the same treatment under the healthcare law as all other citizens.
Reid said no way, Hosea.
You IDIOT!!! THE CONGRESSIONAL MEMBERS AND STAFF ARE NOT RECEIVING THE SAME TREATMENT UNDER THE HEALTHCARE LAW AS ALL OTHER CITIZENS!!!!! THEIR RIGHTS HAVE BEEN TAKEN AWAY FROM THEM. By being singled out and being FORCED to leave their insurance plan and join the exchanges they are being treated differently than everyone else. Why can't you see that?

The exchanges are for those with low incomes and preexisting conditions...just exactly how do you suppose members and their staff are going to qualify for subsidies? Their not. To be fair, it is only right that they be allowed to keep their employer contribution to their health care. Anything else is assine.

Bozeman, MT

#996773 Oct 6, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Debunked. Debunked. Debunked. Polly want a cracker?
Denial is a powerful psychological defense mechanism.

Ritz, please.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police: Missing woman with brain injury may be ... 5 min reality is a crutch 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 9 min TRD 69,744
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 27 min PEllen 99,410
Amy May 3-15 31 min PEllen 1
abby may 3-15 33 min PEllen 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Brian_G 52,970
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques in Orleans 187,696
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]