Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1643577 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#997014 Oct 7, 2013
"Revenge of the freeloaders" strikes leftist freaks. Best quote I've ever seen from a leftist chimp:

"Of course, I want people to have health care," Vinson said. "I just didn't realize I would be the one who was going to pay for it personally."

(LMAO)......:-)

Obamacare's winners and losers in Bay Area
By Tracy Seipel
[email protected]
Posted: 10/05/2013 04:52:50 PM PDT

Cindy Vinson and Tom Waschura are big believers in the Affordable Care Act. They vote independent and are proud to say they helped elect and re-elect President Barack Obama.

Yet, like many other Bay Area residents who pay for their own medical insurance, they were floored last week when they opened their bills: Their policies were being replaced with pricier plans that conform to all the requirements of the new health care law.
Vinson, of San Jose, will pay $1,800 more a year for an individual policy, while Waschura, of Portola Valley, will cough up almost $10,000 more for insurance for his family of four.

"Welcome to the club," said Robert Laszewksi, a prominent health care consultant and president of Health Policy and Strategy Associates in Virginia. For years, the nation has been embroiled in the political rhetoric of "Obamacare," but this past week the reality of the new law sank in as millions of Americans had their first good look at how the 3 1/2-year-old legislation will affect their pocketbooks.

This much quickly became clear:
As state- and federal-run health insurance exchanges debuted across the country offering a range of prices for different tiers of insurance coverage, the new online marketplaces -- which represent the centerpiece of Obamacare -- could greatly benefit more than 40 million Americans who now lack coverage. But an additional 16 million -- who buy individual health insurance policies on the open market -- are finding out that their plans may not comply with the new law, which requires 10 essential benefits such as maternity care, mental health care and prescription drug coverage.

In California, 1.9 million people buy plans on the open market, according to officials with Covered California, the state's new health insurance exchange. And many of them are steaming mad.
"There's going to be a number of people surprised" by their bills, said Jonathan Wu, a co-founder of ValuePenguin, a consumer finance website. "The upper-middle class are the people who are essentially being asked to foot the bill, and that's true across the country."

Covered California spokesman Dana Howard maintained that in public presentations the exchange has always made clear that there will be winners and losers under Obamacare. "Some people will see an increase who are already on the individual market purchasing insurance," he said, "but most people will not."

Covered California officials note that at least 570,000 of the 1.9 million people who buy their own insurance should be eligible for subsidies that will reduce their premiums. Even those who don't qualify for the tax subsidies could see their rates drop because Obamacare doesn't allow insurers to charge people more if they have pre-existing conditions such as diabetes and cancer, he said.
"I was laughing at Boehner -- until the mail came today," Waschura said, referring to House Speaker John Boehner, who is leading the Republican charge to defund Obamacare.

"I really don't like the Republican tactics, but at least now I can understand why they are so pissed about this. When you take $10,000 out of my family's pocket each year, that's otherwise disposable income or retirement savings that will not be going into our local economy."

Both Vinson and Waschura have adjusted gross incomes greater than four times the federal poverty level -- the cutoff for a tax credit.

"Of course, I want people to have health care," Vinson said. "I just didn't realize I would be the one who was going to pay for it personally."
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#997015 Oct 7, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
(you can see why the Dems are winning.)
White House: HealthCare.gov Drew Five Times As Many Visitors As Anticipated
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/white-h...
CLUE!.....CLUE!.....
CLUE!
CLUE!
please?
TPM as a news source? Fail again.

Hey, skippy, the website is close because as with most things created by the government it was crap! Suppose to open this am but still close.

Now if you would have used news sources you would KNOW that most of the visitors were looky lous-like the press- and only 1% actually signed up.
NJ raider 1

Newark, NJ

#997016 Oct 7, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, they aren't spying on everyone. They exempted the known sources of terrorists here, like mosques known to radicalize their patronage. By order of Obama, Muslims are not spied on. This government is spying only on traditional Americans.
If that were true, you &, all these radical righties would've been targeted &, executed a long ring ago. But you weren't so , we have proof that thefreedom of speech still exists!

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#997018 Oct 7, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Both states voted Obama. Coincidence?
West Virginia did not vote Obama.

You are wrong- Coincidence?

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#997020 Oct 7, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>RealDumbDave knows nothing of a commissary.. You acting like an idiot.. Hell you have admitted you are no military and never served, yet a draft dodger.. Yes I have the post number and post...
You are an idiot...
it's the culture...
Funny I know more than Dumbwaiter & now more than you.
WOW

New York, NY

#997021 Oct 7, 2013
It's funny Hillary Clinton stuck by Bill while he stuck his self into everything now she wants Weiners wife to leave him mmmm mmmmm mmmmm now this old Homosexual wants to breakup a family for her LUST, family values for you from the democrats
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#997022 Oct 7, 2013
Just because-

Some easy math for the victims of the PS system

When trying to look for percentages (ex 40% of 300) drop the 1s digit of the number and multiply by the 10s digit of the %(4 x 30=120)
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#997023 Oct 7, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
Obama closes food stores for dependents of active duty military fighting a war, but keeps his military-based golf course open.
That just about says all you need to know about Obama.
Good thing it's limited to your fantasies son!
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#997024 Oct 7, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh this is rich! Grampy who has been leeching off of his wife for how many years now?
I still make more retired than half of the people working fulltime and Grammy has no regrets, I cook her gourmet meals, plan and book 6 to 8 weeks of vacation for us each year, and ring her bell on a regular basis.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#997025 Oct 7, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
See, this is what I am talking about when I stated that you insist on remaining ignorant about what is happening in the US by using non-news sources for your information.
Raw Story-huh? Why not The Onion, Slate, The Enquirer?
You really fail at understanding what a news source is.
sonicmoron always bent over and punked by No Surprize obama, someone or something all the time remaining ignorant, looking like a total idiot...

I suppose loser MSNBC is all about facts and truth...

If it's ghetto, illiterate, moocher, and idiot... It's free cheese loser, sonicmoron, and ass-clown liberal..

It's the culture...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#997026 Oct 7, 2013
There is good news in the shut down.

The Shutdown is reducing new government regulations
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#997027 Oct 7, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny I know more than Dumbwaiter & now more than you.
The only time you have to defend yourself you idiot, is when your ignorant babble is failing you commie moron.. You're out of toilet paper, RealDumbDave...

If it's ghetto, illiterate, and moocher... It's free cheese loser, commie, and liberal..

It's the culture...
WOW

New York, NY

#997028 Oct 7, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
The biggest difference I noticed between real Africans and the so-called "African" Americans is, real Africans don't abandon their children and pretend they don't exist like the so-called "African" Americans do as a matter of cultural tradition.
You don't see an entire culture of single mothers and children without a father in Africa, dupe. All these so-called "African" Americans would be the lowest people with no status or respect in any African community and culture.
You'd know this if you knew anything about Africa, moron.
The euro-african-AMERICAN has no clue how they are viewed around the world not because of their race however because of the image of their conduct and they love HOLLYWOOD so much HOLLYWOOD destroyed their Image all for a piece of silver
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#997029 Oct 7, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
somehow i missed Fear-Mongering in Journalism 101. i guess i need to give back the sheepskin(s).
Really? You don't even know what a news source is.
TSM

United States

#997030 Oct 7, 2013
Liberal Media got so excited they finally found someone that actually enrolled in Obamacare’ Chad Henderson’ a Liberal activist claim he had actually enrolled in Obamacare the Liberal Media went Nuts but Chad story turnout not to be True!! Obamacare is a pyramid of Lies!!
WOW

New York, NY

#997031 Oct 7, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>If that were true, you &, all these radical righties would've been targeted &, executed a long ring ago. But you weren't so , we have proof that thefreedom of speech still exists!
That should give you a hint who runs things and your statement says not OBAMA you should realize how LUCKY YOU ARE and see that OBAMA is really a fraud and noisy

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#997032 Oct 7, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
It was Obama's decision to close it. You can't run away from that fact.
Republicans didn't say anything. It was Obama's decision to close those stores.
The grocery store is funded through purchase of groceries just as much as the golf course if funded through user fees, dumbass.
Obama closed grocery stores for dependents of active duty military who are fighting a war and keeps his military base golf open.
That tells you all you need to know about Obama.
It ia the Republicans who are trying to legislate through the budget negotiations. EVERYTHING that results from their quest to kill the Affordable Care Act is in your lap. Period.

PS When was the last time Obama used the Andrews Air Force Base golf coourse
WOW

New York, NY

#997034 Oct 7, 2013
The political divorce: Politicians vs. People
The display of utter childishness and total irresponsibility from the US Congress, shutting down sections of the US Federal Government, sending people home unpaid, giving workers four hours to clear out their offices before receiving a boot up the behind is part of a wider issue: the divorce of the politicians from the people they represent.

The title of Aristotle's Ta Politika (Affairs of State) is taken from the Greek word polis, meaning "city" (administration), which in turn provided the Latin word politia (civil administration). Fast forward two millennia, a politician, therefore, is someone who is appointed or elected to represent the people (and, unwritten, to provide a sensible and responsible administration of public affairs).

There is no need to single out Washington today for some American-bashing rant. Nevertheless, Congress' failure to approve the budget, for purely party political reasons, namely to turn Barack Obama into a lame duck as well as a wingless one, refusing to rubber-stamp Obamacare, is a shining example of the sort of infantile games those who are supposed to be responsible play to further their own interests and feather their own nests.

Tweet Print version Font Size Send to friend And the R word, Responsibility, is increasingly inexistent in the vocabulary of the political class which is steadily divorcing itself from the people they are supposed to represent. The Blank and Spoiled votes and Abstention provide a higher percentage of popular expression than many political parties receive, and the trend is for this "void" vote to grow.

But this is not only in Washington. Let us take a look at Europe, where the mismanagement by tier upon tier of representatives from the national to the local level has skillfully steered the entire continent into a financial and economic abyss, translated into at least one decade of austerity measures. Austerity is contrary to human interest, it destroys jobs, it destroys communities and brings exponential counter-effects. The people pay for these, their political masters, as a rule, do not.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#997035 Oct 7, 2013
Obama 2008 when Bush was president:

Raising the debt ceiling- unpatriotic!

What do you scumbag Reichtards have to say?

Hypocrites.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#997036 Oct 7, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Has nothing to do with clairvoyance. It's news. Republicans are split about letting the cat out of the bag now or hoping they can put it back in the bag over the next two years after the damage is done.
Without a source, it's not news son.

At best, it's only opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blue State in HUGE trouble sez George Will 1 hr DEM Skulduggery 8
Live From "Earth II"....? 1 hr 2 MANY 2 LIST 4
Joe Biden and PLAGIARISM. 1 hr Joe Bs A PLAGIARIST 8
Cat's out of the bag. 1 hr Fault of MarxiSoc... 5
Trump is A 1 hr CAUSED HRC OBIT 77
Buy Buy Charlie Rose.......LIBERAL! 1 hr OH bad boy Charlie 4
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr loose cannon 243,009

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages