Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
OBAMA REED GOV SHUTDOWN

Smithfield, NC

#995603 Oct 4, 2013
House Republicans even started passing targeted funding bills to address particular issues, such as providing continued cancer treatments for children at the National Institutes for Health, keeping national parks open, and funding services for veterans. But Obama and Reid refused to even consider those bills as well.

When a reporter asked Harry Reid why the Senate would not pass a bill so children could continue to get their cancer treatments while the House-Senate budget battle dragged on, Reid responded,“Why would we do that?” and questioned the intelligence of the reporter. The obvious human answer was to save the lives of children. But Reid was not thinking about humanity. He was thinking about the political consequences of engineering a shutdown in further manipulation of the public against Republicans he is so certain the public will blame. In that context, his question made sense, including his disparagement of the reporter’s intelligence. Couldn’t she see the political value in denying health care to cancer stricken children, when the Republicans would be so obviously blamed for that?

But those bills were the beginning of the Republicans stumbling upon the right answer to the Democrats’ ploy. House Republicans should go back to regular order and start passing the remaining 11 or 12 appropriations bills to fund the entire government, except for Obamacare. Pass one each day, and hold a press conference to say the Republicans are ready to go to a Conference Committee with the Democrats if they disagree on the appropriations bill just passed.

But when it comes to the Treasury Department appropriations, the Republicans should just not fund the role of the rogue IRS in administering and enforcing Obamacare. When it comes to appropriations for the Office of Personnel Management (OPM), House Republicans should just not fund any payments from the Federal Employee Health Benefits program for health insurance on the Obamacare Exchanges for Congress and its staff, eliminating any special exemption for Congress from the requirements of Obamacare, because no other employer is allowed under Obamacare to help employees buy health insurance on the Exchanges. And when it comes to appropriations for HHS, House Republicans should fund the Department, except for any funds to enforce and administer the individual mandate for at least a year, matching Obama’s legally unauthorized one year delay of the employer mandate.

Then if the Democrats disagree with the provisions of these appropriations bills, they can pass their own appropriations bills with different provisions, and go to a Conference Committee with the House to compromise over final legislation. This is standard procedure for passage of bills. Check your high school civics book.

President Obama says he will not negotiate over funding the government. That is all to the good, because he has no role in this appropriations process, until both houses of Congress pass an appropriations bill for his signature.

Then if the President favors the role of the IRS in Obamacare, or a special exemption deal for Congress from Obamacare, or enforcing the individual mandate on working people but not the employer mandate on big business that is in his own Obamacare bill, he can say so in vetoing any of these bills and keeping the government shut down to that extent. But there is no point in negotiating with him in advance, because he thinks the shutdown works to his political advantage, so will not show the leadership to compromise, as Reagan did in working with Congressional Democrats so successfully.

HOW LOW WILL YOU GO DEMS???
WOW

Bronx, NY

#995604 Oct 4, 2013
Say no F'ing more Jenna Bush: Hillary is like an aunt to me and Bill Clinton is my father's 'brother from another mother' Americans can you not see the setup that is going on here are you for real hahahahahahahahalololololoolol Obama hahahahahahahahahaha Jay Z and beyonce runs America , this country is done

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#995605 Oct 4, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
What a creepy weirdo.
<quoted text>
"Buroc"
"nutsucker feels like a real stud, er turd, when he slurs and demeans "Carol". He ran off like the coward he is, because every post directed at him was pointing out what a stud, er turd he is.
Peace

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#995606 Oct 4, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Nope not insured, don't plan on being insured. If O'bama and his liberal commies want to throw me in jail so be it. I will sue O'bama's regulatory board with a lot of help.
That's right. You depend on people like me when that medical emergency strikes.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#995608 Oct 4, 2013
Does obamacare cover faith healing because I heard a rumor that sharpton is setting up a medical office

Spokane, WA

#995609 Oct 4, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Hiring more government employees is a welfare bill that kills other jobs.
"john Galt"
You must under stand. "real dumb's" dream is the government controlling all jobs. He wants all to be dependent on the government.
Peace
WOW

Bronx, NY

#995610 Oct 4, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
Political Algebra,
Bush sucked + Obama sucks = Both of them sucking!
You have to get passed the 'jan brady' moment you are having...
We are about to wreck and you are only worried about your turn at the wheel....
they are what you call a6 for a 9 6969696969696*96
WOW

Bronx, NY

#995611 Oct 4, 2013
that creepy a$$ cocker said they is gon put uses back in chains hahahahahahahahalolololol he sounded real creepy they eyes were wide open old people he was saying that garbage to hahahahahahahahaah yea lolololololcreepy a$$ got them like he was telling ghost stories to little kids hahahahahahaha they sssh gon put uses back in chains dont tell them i told you biden lolololohahahahahahaahahahahah PRICELESS it was like watching roots hahahahahalololol

Chambersburg, PA

#995612 Oct 4, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
No effort was made to indict al-Awlaki for any crimes (despite a report last October that the Obama administration was “considering” indicting him).
Despite substantial doubt among Yemen experts about whether al-Awlaki even had any operational role in Al Qaeda, no evidence (as opposed to unverified government accusations) was presented of his guilt.
http://www.salon.com/2011/09/30/awlaki_6/
Dumber than shit Dave can't even come up with a flimsy straw man.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/10/anwa...

How many more suicide bombers did you want this guy to recruit & sent on Flights to America?

Chambersburg, PA

#995613 Oct 4, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"john Galt"
You must under stand. "real dumb's" dream is the government controlling all jobs. He wants all to be dependent on the government.
Peace
Eed, GFY.

I'm not the one on Medicare - a GOVERNMENT program.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#995614 Oct 4, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>AND... We're suppose to care what you 13% ignorant ghetto folk "think?" LMAO..
It's the culture...
Hey Hey Hey do you know you are speaking to the Majority like that is 13% not the majority in math no they are the majority sir you must respect majority rule sir hahahahahahahahahalolololololo lololMajority is 13% hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Chambersburg, PA

#995615 Oct 4, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
silly analogy, but no surprise from Dumbass Dave from East Bumf*ck....
The "gunman in the clock tower" could be taken out more efficiently by an ordinary cop deer hunter than by SWAT and their tanks....
SWAT has snipers dumbass Galt.

So why can we kill the guy in the clock tower without due process but not a guy sitting in the desert "shooting" suicide bombers at us?
WOW

Bronx, NY

#995616 Oct 4, 2013
I had a rough child hood Im really 12 but I look 25 so I can vote because I dont need ID and no id makes my beats Getting legal eligible voters to the polls is not cheating.

Why do you Republicans think voter suppression is the way to win elections?
chief chickenfeathers

Denver, CO

#995617 Oct 4, 2013
Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Obamacares!! You lose
idiot:

No one in Kansas signed up for Ostupidacare on day one it's reported, hilarious.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#995618 Oct 4, 2013
Now im saying it im not a sell out I sold out along time ago some of you all will be upset but if obamacare covers the blue diamond pills and the new delay pills im in 100%
chief chickenfeathers

Denver, CO

#995619 Oct 4, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans blocked ending the oil subsidies. But they vote to take food from children by cutting food stamps.
Go figure.
lying sack of shit. Dropped the grandkids off at school today in one of the most affluent parts of town and what do I see? Children of the lazy and worthless sitting there eating their free breakfasts, because their dirtbag parents spend their money on big TV's, drugs and expensive cars.

That's your America, Doorknob.

Spokane, WA

#995620 Oct 4, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Eed, GFY.
I'm not the one on Medicare - a GOVERNMENT program.
"real dumb"
You are getting your fanny kicked by all who respond to you so you are reverting to profanity, it is all you have.
Yup "real dumb" Medicare is a service I may need someday. This year we, my wife and I have paid far more into Medicare than we taken out. Fortunately this year Medicare has not spent a dime our medical care.
Medicare, a program I had no choice, my employer deducts from my check every pay day for Medicare. I pay in to the farce, do you? No, you do not, you take advantage the program of choice of the moochers like you
Peace
KMA
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#995621 Oct 4, 2013
chief chickenfeathers wrote:
<quoted text>
idiot:
No one in Kansas signed up for Ostupidacare on day one it's reported, hilarious.
Sucks to have such a low literacy rate.
chief chickenfeathers

Denver, CO

#995622 Oct 4, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans blocked ending the oil subsidies. But they vote to take food from children by cutting food stamps.
Go figure.
Liar.

The Republican Food Stamp Plan is a Modest Step in the Right ...
www.cato.org/.../republican-food-stamp-plan-m... ;
Sep 19, 2013 - The food stamp program is long overdue for reform.... funding for pilot projects designed to increase work effort and reduce dependency.

Feed your own offspring and stop the mooching.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#995623 Oct 4, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you know you're going to hell for your hatred of 78% of the population, your lies, and you inability to love you neighbor as you do yourself? Well, just get on with it already...
Agree. She's busy spreading brotherly hate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 1 hr Just Saying 54,548
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 185,147
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr femiguy 51,578
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr Moon Rhythm 5,088
mai hindu ladki hu mujhe muslim ladke se shadi ... 5 hr abdul 3
Ask Amy 3-5-15 5 hr Kuuipo 7
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 hr Non _cents 5,736
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News