Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#995013 Oct 3, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It was Republicans who compromised and raised taxes on the wealthy in exchange for spending cuts. Did the spending cuts materialize?
Republicans have been asking for negotiations and compromise. It is Obama and Democrats who refuse to negotiate.
Ramrodding a law with many problems by bullying is not governing.
So what the Sam Hill are you talking about?
Obama has compromised on everything from national security to climate change to immigration.

Obama compromised on the repeal of the Bush tax cuts for those making more than $250,000; He compromised on the capital gains and dividends taxes; he compromised on his promise to eliminate capital gains taxes on investments made by "small and start-up firms"; he compromised on the Earned Income tax credit; he compromised on his plan to by make the Research and development tax credit permanent; ETC, ETC, ETC, ETC, ETC, ETC, ETC, ETC, ETC, ETC
hahaobama

Waterbury, CT

#995016 Oct 3, 2013
lets see if sharpton gives the murdered woman at theWHITEHOUSE the twana brawley treatment obamas cops murder woman and almost kill one year old baby
hahaobama

Waterbury, CT

#995017 Oct 3, 2013
history is a weapon in the hands of the enemy the democrats it is used to demobilize the people in the hands of revolutionaries it moblizes the people Africans Americans dont protest the government anymore

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

#995018 Oct 3, 2013
Democrats are racist!!! EVIDENCE BELOW:

Black person: Ben Carson attacked by the IRS after critizing Obama.

http://www.mrc.org/biasalerts/dr-ben-carson-t...

See? Democrats are the racists one, we told you!!!
super steve

Denver, CO

#995020 Oct 3, 2013
tell_it_like_it_IS wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you look like the muppet eagle dude?
Or do you look like a gay Hugh Hefner?
Which is it?
A shorter, fatter, smellier version of Rosanne Barr.

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

#995021 Oct 3, 2013
More police were sent to stop a veteran from going to the memorial park than Obama sent to protect the embassy in Lybia.'

See? Democrats are brain dead hypocrites.
hahaobama

Waterbury, CT

#995022 Oct 3, 2013
funny rodney king got off easier than this mother and child bush/obama same they murdered this innocent woman what is different between this woman and child and the drugged out crazy rodney king
super steve

Denver, CO

#995023 Oct 3, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama has compromised on everything from national security to climate change to immigration.
Obama compromised on the repeal of the Bush tax cuts for those making more than $250,000; He compromised on the capital gains and dividends taxes; he compromised on his promise to eliminate capital gains taxes on investments made by "small and start-up firms"; he compromised on the Earned Income tax credit; he compromised on his plan to by make the Research and development tax credit permanent; ETC, ETC, ETC, ETC, ETC, ETC, ETC, ETC, ETC, ETC
Peanuts compared to the trillions Obamacare will squander. He hasn't cut one penny from spending, his budgets are hilarious, w/o even 1 democrat vote.
hahaobama

Waterbury, CT

#995024 Oct 3, 2013
black people are fair game for obamas goons sharpton and the rest
tell_it_like_it_ IS

Blanchard, OK

#995025 Oct 3, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
.... global warming.....
Democrats are counting on registering polar bears to vote....
Hahahahahahahahahaha....
tell_it_like_it_ IS

Blanchard, OK

#995026 Oct 3, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama offering pedros who CROSSED OVER WITHOUT GOING THRU CUSTOMS AMNESTY is illegal...
is your name julio?

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#995028 Oct 3, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I will give credit where credit is due but Obama did not fight his way to the top and I will not ignore Obama's shortcomings just because he is the President-elect. His "character" is questionable.
Everyone was making a big deal out of the fact that Obama was the first black President of the Harvard Law Review - ignoring the fact that was only possible because Harvard had lowered their requirements. I would have much preferred more honest reporting - "Obama was the first black president in the twenty years since Harvard lowered their requirements to appease minorities."
It was still a great achievement - why was it necessary to hide the truth?
Obama won his Illinois State senate seat by using underhanded Chicago politics. We all know it.
Obama won his U.S. Senate seat by using underhanded Chicago politics and the manipulation of the system by the Senate president, Emil Jones.
Obama had the nerve to take credit for bills written and championed by other more senior senators. Shameful.
Obama won the Presidency by coercion, manipulation and lying. His campaign manager ran a great internet campaign - underhanded and coercive but successful.(Note: I did not give credit to Obama for running the campaign).
Throughout the campaign Obama showed me nothing in the way of leadership -- just the ability to give great speeches. Since becoming the "President-elect" he has surprised me by many of his cabinet selections. He seems to be acknowledging his inexperience and lack of good judgment by picking people who can carry him through. That's OK with me - perhaps his ego isn't as big as I originaly thought. Only time will tell.
Obama's good friend and mentor, Rev. Wright, always referred to President Bush as "Resident Shrub" - I'll be sure to give Obama the same level of respect.
Wow.

Guess we can't stay mad at Santa forever, eh USA?

BTW, what's changed?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#995029 Oct 3, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't stopping them from charging the tax every year and collecting interest on that past due amount until they can start collecting....which they will.
How?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#995030 Oct 3, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't cost nearly as much as the lowering of our credit rating cost us as a result of Teabaggers shenanigans.
What cost?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#995032 Oct 3, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
"I, USAsince1680, hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God."
IMO, anyone who refuses to take this oath doesn't deserve to live in the United States of America and cannot be trusted to have our best interest at heart. Since you have refused, I would say it is time for YOU to leave our shores.
Tick Tock, Tick Tock.
Galt hereby declares that he will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that he will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that he will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required for national defense; and that he takes this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion.

Screw the slavery stuff....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#995033 Oct 3, 2013
super steve wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical bureaucrat-ese.
just like calling taxes "revenue" and calling spending "investment"...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#995034 Oct 3, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
IDIOT.. Interest on the unpaid balance is not a "penalty". It is a tax. The "penalties" for late payment will be waived.
The law still contains the unconstitutional language....
chief chickenfeathers

Denver, CO

#995035 Oct 3, 2013
On MSNBC, Matthews and his guests on Hardball described House Republicans as "whacko-birds," "crazy, angry" and "birthers," driven by bigotry and selfishness.

At 8:00 p.m. on Fox, Bill O'Reilly - the country's most-watched television pundit - upped the rhetorical ante. Two days after its introduction, Obamacare was "not ready for prime time," according to O'Reilly, riven with so many problems "it was pretty much impossible to list them all," and likely to spawn delays in medical care and fraud.

Cracker ass cracka Mathews sounds like the nut job to me.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#995036 Oct 3, 2013
Republicans must give Obama and Reid this disaster once and for all so reality can finally set in.

They put up the good fight but they must walk away and let them have it. All of it. And soon.

No matter how bad it gets, it can't be any worse than the Democrats being perceived as the victors when ObamaCare is a losing battle by itself.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#995037 Oct 3, 2013
chief chickenfeathers wrote:
On MSNBC, Matthews and his guests on Hardball described House Republicans as "whacko-birds," "crazy, angry" and "birthers," driven by bigotry and selfishness.
At 8:00 p.m. on Fox, Bill O'Reilly - the country's most-watched television pundit - upped the rhetorical ante. Two days after its introduction, Obamacare was "not ready for prime time," according to O'Reilly, riven with so many problems "it was pretty much impossible to list them all," and likely to spawn delays in medical care and fraud.
Cracker ass cracka Mathews sounds like the nut job to me.
The former relies on hysterics and name calling. The latter relies on common sense and rationality.

It's why the latter is creaming the former in ratings.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 min Frijoles 69,990
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min grave digger 47,485
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 34 min Boy G 50,596
Abby 10-20 1 hr Ralph 10
Amy 10-11 1 hr Stina2 7
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 179,280
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 2 hr RJS 7,820
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance