Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#994816 Oct 3, 2013
Congressman Castigates Park Ranger For The Memorial Closure He Voted For

Mark Segraves, reporting for NBC News' Washington affiliate, managed to capture the howler highlight of the Great World War II Memorial Bleat-n-Repeat -- Rep. Randy Neugebauer's (R-Tex.) Wednesday confrontation of a poor park ranger on the scene -- who was doing nothing more than her job -- blaming her for the closure he voted for and telling her that she should be ashamed of herself.

From there, Segraves reports, "a crowd of onlookers got involved," and began loudly demanding that Neugebauer lay off the park ranger, pointing out again and again that the reason everyone was in the position they were in was due to the fact that Congress very specifically put them there. Neugebauer countered that it was all really Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's (D-Nev.) fault, but that failed to impress anyone.

What's really ghastly about this is that the whole "Harry Reid shut down the government" line is a talking point. It's "messaging" -- the mostly disingenuous bilge that politicos spit in order to gain some phantom upper hand in a war of rhetoric that plays itself out in the press. It's not intended to be sincere, it's all posturing -- throwing sub-standard witticisms at a wall in the hopes that something will stick and convince people.

This is all stuff intended for an audience of reporters -- and in that setting, all is fair. But you're not actually supposed to extend "messaging" out into the world of ordinary human Americans in this fashion, and victimize park rangers with it.

What's also inane about this is that, as Segraves takes pains to point out, the park rangers deployed to the World War II Memorial, while enforcing the closure of the memorial to the general public, are also there to make sure that the Honor Flight veterans who come to the memorial get access to the site. So, by impeding her from doing her job, all Neugebauer was doing was impeding access for the Honor Flight veterans. And telling the ranger that she should be ashamed? Man, that's not a good look, and the gathered crowd made sure Neugebauer learned that the hard way.

Got to give credit to the ranger for standing her ground and doing her job with professionalism, in the face of an idiot who really needs to learn his place.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/03/cong...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#994817 Oct 3, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't compromise with radical yahoos...They've done enough damage.
Hey phukstick...
How bout these radicals?

"Radicals who claimed to represent the Earth Liberation Front, a loose association of militant environmentalists, destroyed or defaced dozens of SUVs on Friday"

$1Million in damage!
http://articles.latimes.com/2003/aug/24/local...

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#994818 Oct 3, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...of course.
Obamacare - a sad reminder to the projected "31 million people without insurance by 2023."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/ ...
You truly are blind.
Obamacare, as passed, was not designed to get everyone insured. But how many would be uninsured without Obama n 2023.

BTW those 31 million people include non citizens. Some include people who would qualify for medicaid but due to state laws, can't get it.
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#994819 Oct 3, 2013
REMINDER!

FYI AMERICA - PREPARE

Truckers Convoy to D.C. Oct. 11-13

The strike, the report said, will be coordinated with an invasion of Washington.

“The protest calls for truckers to make their way to Washington, D.C., in a massive convoy in an effort to call attention to, among other things, the Benghazi cover-up, the recent attack which killed 25 members of Seal Team 6, ever rising fuel prices, and claims that 'President' Obama has engaged in treasonous crimes.”

One advocate wrote: The American People are bleeding out with no relief in sight. It is time to change the news. Let us show Our elected representatives that We are 100 percent fed up with their corruption and the blatant disregard of the Constitution that they by Oath Swear to Uphold.

Blog author Mac Slavo noted:“The corruption and need for real change in America’s government has transcended political lines. If the hundreds of thousands of truckers across America who keep our delivery systems running efficiently were to join together and stop hauling freight for even a week, the impact would be devastating and could not be ignored. There’d be no food on the shelves, no fuel at our gas stations, and no medical supplies at our pharmacies and hospitals...

Support these truckers and America - if you own a business, close the doors for those 3 days, do not shop, travel or buy gas on those 3 days unless absolutely necessary. GOD Bless!

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/convoy-...

http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/category/foun...

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#994820 Oct 3, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, Moocher Eed, I am not talking about Social Security. I am talking about Medicare which, evidently contrary to you, a government supplied program paid for through taxation.
You already admitted to being on Medicare.
You're an idiot.
"real dumb"
Gee you just keep getting dumber and dumber. Last doctor visit I paid, cash.$45.00. For your information I am still employed and every check has a deduction for Medicare. In as much as you sit on your fanny with your hand out and do not work you would not know that a Medicare Tax deduction is noted on every check.
Peace
KMA

Chambersburg, PA

#994821 Oct 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Businesses pay taxes on profits, not revenue.
Profits - whats left after expenses.

I want to deduct all of my expenses & pay taxes only pay tax on my profit - what is left from my earnings after all my living expenses. I just went to town to the bank & post office & fruit stand. Lets see, 30 miles & what .35 cents a mile - Oh Wait, I drove my car that I already am depreciating & gasoline is already expensed., My bad. This is fun pretending I am a corporation.

Why do corporations get to do this & not me.

Eric Cantor said that was not fair God Dammit.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#994822 Oct 3, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Only the penalty attached to the mandate for failure to comply is a tax.
"Individuals have until March 31st, 2014 to go without health insurance without being assessed a penalty.
After that date, lacking health insurance will result in a tax penalty on the 2015 IRS tax forms."
What are you going to do? Lie on your income tax?(Probably wouldn't be the first time.)
Or, perhaps you are one of those whose health insurance would represent more than 8% of your income. In that case, you have nothing to worry about...you're exempt.
Granted, there is a loophole in only allowing the IRS to assess interest charges and roll over the past due amounts from year to year. However, there is little doubt that aspect of the Affordable Care Act will be amended in the future. In the meantime, amounts due will continue to accrue, WITH INTEREST calculated daily. Like I said, the IRS WILL get their money...even if they have to collect it from your heirs.
http://www.voxxi.com/obamacare-enrollment-tax...
Since almost half the entire population is too "poor" to pay income tax now, who in their right mind expects this "tax" to be collected?
The bottom line is, the half of the population paying all the taxes now will have to pay more because ObamaKare is nothing more than another Marxist wealth redistribution program.
ObamaKare is nothing more than just another of the Democrats' Marxist welfare programs, and it will have the same effect as every other Marxist welfare program they ever managed to get written into law - disastrous.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#994823 Oct 3, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on Ray. Show me something that actually says you are not as GD dumb as you appear to be.
"GD dumb" is attributing a post from someone else to me.

Chambersburg, PA

#994824 Oct 3, 2013
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Really Davie Boy? You are as dumb as you post? IF.... you knew anything about business, except showing up on Friday to pick up a check, you would know it's more involved than that? Continue to live in you Demorat dream world. You are the typical Democrat voter.
Any business I ran or was in upper management that had 50 or more employees offered a top notch health insurance benefit. Obamacare would have zero on those businesses.

In fact, some of my competitors that never offered healthcare will have to pony up witch means my rates will not be higher due to covering those bills not paid by his employees.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#994825 Oct 3, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
What does this have to do with anything? Doesn't change the FACT that the IRS can, and will, assess interest on the past due tax and it will continue to accumulate year after year after year. Obviously, late payment penalties, at this time, cannot be assessed.
The IRS has no means of collecting the money, unless the taxpayer is due a refund.

Chambersburg, PA

#994826 Oct 3, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
What oil subsidies?
You still haven't been able to find any subsidy paid to oil companies.
I see you do not deny they exist.

In the past, I posted link after link of Republicans talking about & defending oil subsidies.

So why would they do that if they didn't exist.

But hey, don't feel bad,. Its not your fault you cant make it on your own. Maybe one day you will man up & pay your own way.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#994827 Oct 3, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Obamacare, as passed, was not designed to get everyone insured. But how many would be uninsured without Obama n 2023.
BTW those 31 million people include non citizens. Some include people who would qualify for medicaid but due to state laws, can't get it.
More proof Obamacare is just a stepping stone to socialized medicine via single payer. It's so obvious the democrat endgame is more power, more control over the people.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#994828 Oct 3, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
They'll also audit anyone who questions the policies of this administration. Just ask Dr. Carson.
They did it under bushie boy son.

I guess it wasn't important then.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#994829 Oct 3, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't compromise with radical yahoos and it is very apparent that teabaggers fit that category.
Remember, it was compromising with Teabaggers that lost us our AAA credit rating and caused the sequester. They've done enough damage.
"‘Occupy’ Protests Cost Cities Millions"

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2011/10...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#994830 Oct 3, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Since almost half the entire population is too "poor" to pay income tax now, who in their right mind expects this "tax" to be collected?
The bottom line is, the half of the population paying all the taxes now will have to pay more because ObamaKare is nothing more than another Marxist wealth redistribution program.
ObamaKare is nothing more than just another of the Democrats' Marxist welfare programs, and it will have the same effect as every other Marxist welfare program they ever managed to get written into law - disastrous.
lol! Hey ckicken little!

Talk to Michael Leahy recently now that you've been educated????

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#994831 Oct 3, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tick tock, tick tock. When are you going to pledge your unwavering allegiance to the United States of America?
When is your illegal burka and the rest of your muzzie terrorists fry ends leaving the United States?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#994832 Oct 3, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
More proof Obamacare is just a stepping stone to socialized medicine via single payer. It's so obvious the democrat endgame is more power, more control over the people.
lol! It's a good thing you don't have proof eh?

Chambersburg, PA

#994833 Oct 3, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Like all the lies after the Al Qaeda attack on Benghazi, right?... just for one example.
There was no lie from the White House.

When will you quit trying to make political hay from the deaths of 4 Americans.

Have you no shame?

Chambersburg, PA

#994834 Oct 3, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
"GD dumb" is attributing a post from someone else to me.
my mistake, That poster was rally stupid so I just naturally thought it was you.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#994835 Oct 3, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Do you shop Wegman's in Temecula or Murrieta or wherever the fk it is that Galt lives??? How about Weis?
LMAO
obviously not, but Galt has been to Wegmans stores in New York in the past...Wegmans was an early advocate of the enlarged supermarket with expanded produce and deli sections...

Here we have Vons, Ralphs, Albertsons, and Stater Brothers, all getting their butts kicked by Walmart, Costco, Sams, Target, Sprouts, Barons, and Trader Joe....

by the way, Temecula Valley Hospital has yet to open....even though construction was completed several months ago...

http://www.temeculavalleyhospital.com/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 69,384
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr _Zoey_ 4,713
Amy 9-18 2 hr Mister Tonka 27
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr KiMerde 49,842
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr LRS 178,060
Word (Dec '08) 4 hr andet1987 4,717
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 hr TRD 68,490
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 13 hr billyh 98,228
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search