Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
913,421 - 913,440 of 1,100,219 Comments Last updated 34 min ago

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#994447 Oct 3, 2013
A man who attempted to sign up claims he was threatened with driver’s license being revoked, federal tax lien on home. A man who attempted to sign up for Obamacare online was told that a fine of over $4,000 dollars a year for refusing to take out mandatory health insurance could be taken directly from his bank account, and that his driver’s license would be suspended and a federal tax lien placed against his home, according to an entry on the HealthCare.gov Facebook page.

See this is how dictators operate. Do democrats actually think they will not be treated the same way?

Oh wait this guy voted for O'bama.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#994448 Oct 3, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Republicans Grandstand At World War II Memorial Instead Of Working To Reopen It
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/02/worl...
did they rape anyone like YOUR friends at Occupy Wall street?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#994449 Oct 3, 2013
Ted Cruz blasted by angry GOP colleagues

Ted Cruz faced a barrage of hostile questions Wednesday from angry GOP senators, who lashed the Texas tea party freshman for helping prompt a government shutdown crisis without a strategy to end it.

At a closed-door lunch meeting in the Senate’s Mansfield Room, Republican after Republican pressed Cruz to explain how he would propose to end the bitter budget impasse with Democrats, according to senators who attended the meeting. A defensive Cruz had no clear plan to force an end to the shutdown — or explain how he would defund Obamacare, as he has demanded all along, sources said.

....as the government shutdown heads into day three, a number of Republican senators privately blame the Texas freshman for contributing to the mess their party finds itself in. And now that they’re in it, they say it’s up to Cruz to help find a solution.

“It was very evident to everyone in the room that Cruz doesn’t have a strategy – he never had a strategy, and could never answer a question about what the end-game was,” said one senator who attended the meeting.“I just wish the 35 House members that have bought the snake oil that was sold could witness what was witnessed today at lunch.”

At the Wednesday lunch, Cruz was asked what he would have done had GOP senators united to filibuster the House bill.

“He kept trying to change the subject because he never could answer the question,” the senator said.“It’s pretty evident it’s never been about a strategy – it’s been about him. That’s unfortunate. I think he’s done our country a major disservice. I think he’s done Republicans a major disservice.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/10/ted-cru...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#994450 Oct 3, 2013
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>I know more about the U.S. Constitution than the first sentence to the Preamble, Yeahoo? I was born in this country, my parents grandparents,and great-grandparents, were also . I didn't emigrate from Japan... After all you want the U.S. to follow the Soviet "Constitution". "One for all, and all for One" You're in a real 'pickle' there Yeahoo, whose gonna pay the freight?
Say's the birther genius!

Puke!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#994451 Oct 3, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Democrats cannot make up their minds or they are a holes...
"Washington Post: Those Mean Republicans Are Leaving America Open To Terrorism That Obama Said Had Disappeared"
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/10/washi...
One Year ago Obama said al-Qaida on the run, now demockRATs are on the run...

It's the culture...

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#994452 Oct 3, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
FDA stops inspecting produce due to Republican shutdown of fed gov!
Enjoy that salad FLATBOEHNER!
Maybe one of these Republicans will get salmonella and shttt himself to death.
First time home buyers?
No loan for you! Fed backed loans stopped.
FLATBOEHNER hurts the economy again!
There is a bill from the House on Harry Reid's desk to give funds the FDA.

Why does Harry Reid and the Democrats want the government to remain shut down?
Why doesn't Harry Reid allow the government to resume functions?
Why do the Democrats want the government shut-down?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#994453 Oct 3, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>The War memorial is a none personnel, open air site 24/7 you idiot.
sonicmoron always bent over and punked by No Surprize obama, someone or something looking like an idiot...
It's the culture..
yeah, you nutjobs are in desperation mode. example....

This Quote Says Everything About The GOP's Shutdown Stand

House Republicans are continuing to play hardball in negotiations over the spending bill that precipitated the government shutdown on Oct. 1, apparently out of fear that compromise would weaken their power.

"We're not going to be disrespected," Rep. Marlin Stutzman (R-Ind.) told The Washington Examiner. "We have to get something out of this. And I don't know what that even is."

The GOP spent much of Wednesday blaming President Barack Obama and the Democrats for the effects of the shutdown, which led to the furlough of 800,000 workers and the closure of numerous government services. They failed to mention that the spending bill didn't pass because they loaded the bill with restrictions on the Affordable Care Act, a law that passed in 2010 and was found constitutional by the Supreme Court in June 2012.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/03/marl...

the nutjob congress critters have lost the day. they need to pick up their toys and go home to mommy so they can cry on her shoulder because not one other soul in DC wants to hear it.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#994454 Oct 3, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Ted Cruz blasted by angry GOP colleagues
Ted Cruz faced a barrage of hostile questions Wednesday from angry GOP senators, who lashed the Texas tea party freshman for helping prompt a government shutdown crisis without a strategy to end it.
At a closed-door lunch meeting in the Senate’s Mansfield Room, Republican after Republican pressed Cruz to explain how he would propose to end the bitter budget impasse with Democrats, according to senators who attended the meeting. A defensive Cruz had no clear plan to force an end to the shutdown — or explain how he would defund Obamacare, as he has demanded all along, sources said.
....as the government shutdown heads into day three, a number of Republican senators privately blame the Texas freshman for contributing to the mess their party finds itself in. And now that they’re in it, they say it’s up to Cruz to help find a solution.
“It was very evident to everyone in the room that Cruz doesn’t have a strategy – he never had a strategy, and could never answer a question about what the end-game was,” said one senator who attended the meeting.“I just wish the 35 House members that have bought the snake oil that was sold could witness what was witnessed today at lunch.”
At the Wednesday lunch, Cruz was asked what he would have done had GOP senators united to filibuster the House bill.
“He kept trying to change the subject because he never could answer the question,” the senator said.“It’s pretty evident it’s never been about a strategy – it’s been about him. That’s unfortunate. I think he’s done our country a major disservice. I think he’s done Republicans a major disservice.”
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/10/ted-cru...
Another pathological lying Communist Party USA rag for a reference...

I couldn't help but notice nobody could identify one Republican in that post.
Do you ever read the bullshit you post here?
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#994455 Oct 3, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You mentioned Tom Clancy yesterday and he died. Coincidence?
I don't really recall mentioning Tom Clancy recently. I did, in response to Carol's claim that some second rate author wrote a "how to" book on assassinating George W. Bush, point out that using her inane logic several of Tom Clancy's books could be considered how to books on;
Building, placing and detonating a nuclear device at the Super Bowl (The Sum of All Fears)
Shutting down Wall Street and flying a plane into the Capitol (Debt of Honor)
Attacking the US with a deadly pathogen (Executive Orders)
Wiping out most of the world's population (Rainbow Six)
He was told some good stories but often annoyed me with his right wing slants that got even more pronounced in his later novels.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#994456 Oct 3, 2013
optics....and Obama

on the USAF and Naval Academy football game!

'The Naval Academy Athletic Association is a private organization not funded by the government. Gladchuk said the Air Force-Navy game could be held without any “appropriated funding.” Air Force recently created a similar athletic association that operates using private funds, donations and revenue from intercollegiate contests.'

http://ace.mu.nu/
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#994457 Oct 3, 2013
Poll Confirms Americans Blame GOP For Shutdown

A poll released Thursday provided confirmation of what's long been anticipated: more Americans blame Republicans — not President Barack Obama and Democrats — for the first government shutdown since 1996.

According to the latest CBS News poll, 44 percent said they blame the shutdown on Republicans in Congress, compared with 35 percent who said they blame Obama and Democrats. Seventeen percent said they blame both sides.

Those numbers mirror the findings in a CBS poll last week and are consistent with other pre-shutdown surveys.

A CNN/ORC International poll released on Monday showed that Americans would be more inclined to blame congressional Republicans for a shutdown than Obama.

The CBS poll showed that 72 percent of Americans disapprove of shutting down the government over differences related to the Affordable Care Act, comparable to findings in a Quinnipiac University poll on Tuesday.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/poll-co...

republicans fault.

now if only FOX had more than 2.5 million viewers....
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#994458 Oct 3, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Say's the birther genius!
Puke!
Democrats: We started the "birther" movement before we were against it..

Idiot retard liberals start and are the "proud parents" of the Hillary birther movement, sellout, then blame someone else because they're the idiots..

It's the culture...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#994459 Oct 3, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't really recall mentioning Tom Clancy recently. I did, in response to Carol's claim that some second rate author wrote a "how to" book on assassinating George W. Bush, point out that using her inane logic several of Tom Clancy's books could be considered how to books on;
Building, placing and detonating a nuclear device at the Super Bowl (The Sum of All Fears)
Shutting down Wall Street and flying a plane into the Capitol (Debt of Honor)
Attacking the US with a deadly pathogen (Executive Orders)
Wiping out most of the world's population (Rainbow Six)
He was told some good stories but often annoyed me with his right wing slants that got even more pronounced in his later novels.
RealDaves sock... PDUPONT...

AND... We're suppose to care about what you ignorant ghetto liberals "think?" LMAO.. You idiot...

It's the culture...
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#994460 Oct 3, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't really recall mentioning Tom Clancy recently. I did, in response to Carol's claim that some second rate author wrote a "how to" book on assassinating George W. Bush, point out that using her inane logic several of Tom Clancy's books could be considered how to books on;
Building, placing and detonating a nuclear device at the Super Bowl (The Sum of All Fears)
Shutting down Wall Street and flying a plane into the Capitol (Debt of Honor)
Attacking the US with a deadly pathogen (Executive Orders)
Wiping out most of the world's population (Rainbow Six)
He was told some good stories but often annoyed me with his right wing slants that got even more pronounced in his later novels.
Got to be Hell for you Commie Progressive Liberals to read those books where the Americans and Freedom always prevail....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#994461 Oct 3, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Another pathological lying Communist Party USA rag for a reference...
I couldn't help but notice nobody could identify one Republican in that post.
Do you ever read the bullshit you post here?
Cruz is done. he's never going to see the inside of the WH. i doubt he even survives another term. he's an egotistical manic who should have never been allowed to forward a bill of any sort and he should be thrown out of his office ASAP. i'm even starting to wonder if he was born in the US. he's probably been planted here by the Taliban so he can disrupt our government, so don't be surprised if the CIA uses a much loved Bush practice and the guy just disappears one day. a day that can't come soon enough.

there ya go. a little bit of crazy for one who can fully appreciate crazy. you should give me a pat on the back.
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#994462 Oct 3, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans didn't delay a darn thing. King Obama has been changing this law at his own whim every time we turn around. Delaying the mandate for corporations was another of his whimsical and unconstitutional ideas.
Obama didn't change anything liar, He gave small and medium sized companies some breathing room to properly comply with the law. That's not unconstitutional. Did you know that your hero Ronald Reagan stopped enforcing the Sherman Anti Trust Act when he was President? The result of that was big banks turning into ginormous banks that later crashed the economy with their gambles and bad decisions.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#994463 Oct 3, 2013
Half of Republican Voters Believe in Delusional Obama Conspiracies

If you want to understand the current mess our country is in, you need look no further than the worldview of today’s Republican voter. The Tea Party lunatics that currently infest the halls of Congress with their hostage-taking diplomacy owe their seats to a Republican voting base that has abandoned reason to embrace the most ridiculous and sinister theories about the president. A Public Policy Polling (PPP) survey released October 2nd, reveals the depths of delusion that Republican voters have succumbed to in the Obama era.

According to the national poll’s results, 62 percent of Republicans believe President Obama is “secretly trying to take everyone’s guns away“. In addition, 44 percent of Republicans believe that Obama is secretly trying to figure out a way to stay in office beyond 2017. Nearly half of Republican voters think that Obama is a dictator scheming to serve as president for a third term and over half think he has a secret plan to confiscate the guns of all Americans. These are not rational positions, but rather bizarre conspiracy theories, but they are majority opinions or near majority opinions within the universe of Republican voters.

These frankly delusional beliefs about the president’s supposed evil dictatorial motives, illustrate why the Republicans in the House are acting so irresponsibly. They are catering to a base that lives in a sinister fantasy land where Barack Obama is a tyrant intend on stealing their guns and serving as a dictator for life. When you cater to a ship of fools, you will eventually look and act a fool yourself. It is time to stop treating this segment of the Republican base as rational people who can be reasoned with, and it is time for politicians to stop pandering to voters who have such a tenuous grip on reality.

The Republican base has slipped from what was once the core of an alternative but responsible political party, into a collection of angry, deluded misfits whose paranoid worldviews make them a danger to themselves and to others. While it may not be polite to insult nearly half the members of one of America’s leading political parties, there is no way to sugar coat the obvious. The Republican Party is being steered by people who believe Obama is an evil dictator intent on stealing their guns and staying in power past the 2016 election. Is it any wonder that the leaders they have chosen to represent them have turned the House of Representatives into a perpetual circus whose main attraction is their repeated and obsessive compulsive attempts to deny reality and to repeal Obamacare?

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/10/02/republ...
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#994464 Oct 3, 2013
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
Got to be Hell for you Commie Progressive Liberals to read those books where the Americans and Freedom always prevail....
GFY Grampy. Just because someone doesn't agree with your right wing views doesn't make them Communists or anti American.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#994465 Oct 3, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, you nutjobs are in desperation mode. example....
This Quote Says Everything About The GOP's Shutdown Stand
House Republicans are continuing to play hardball in negotiations over the spending bill that precipitated the government shutdown on Oct. 1, apparently out of fear that compromise would weaken their power.
"We're not going to be disrespected," Rep. Marlin Stutzman (R-Ind.) told The Washington Examiner. "We have to get something out of this. And I don't know what that even is."
The GOP spent much of Wednesday blaming President Barack Obama and the Democrats for the effects of the shutdown, which led to the furlough of 800,000 workers and the closure of numerous government services. They failed to mention that the spending bill didn't pass because they loaded the bill with restrictions on the Affordable Care Act, a law that passed in 2010 and was found constitutional by the Supreme Court in June 2012.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/03/marl...
the nutjob congress critters have lost the day. they need to pick up their toys and go home to mommy so they can cry on her shoulder because not one other soul in DC wants to hear it.
The War memorial is a none personnel, open air site 24/7 park available to wildlife too, you idiot.. No fences, gates or barriers you moron...

Closing the park you moron is a crybaby obama agitating the folks, for entertainment and sonicmoron bent over and punked by No Surprize obama, drinking his toliet water or cut-n- pasting someone elses deranged shit..

If it's ghetto, ignorant, and idiot, it's illiterate, loser, and liberal..

It's the culture...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#994466 Oct 3, 2013
Watch Ted Cruz grovel to Filipino WWII vets after his ‘Bataan Death March’ quip

Critics of Ted Cruz (R) were treated to rare video this week of the Texas senator groveling before Filipino War World II veterans who had confronted him in his office after he recently compared one of his speeches to the 1942 Bataan Death March, which is considered to be one of the greatest atrocities of modern wartime.

At the conclusion of his marathon 21-hour Senate floor speech opposing President Barack Obama’s health care reform law last week, Cruz had thanked those “who have endured this Bataan Death March.”

Surviving Filipino War World II veterans quickly demanded an apology on behalf of the more than 10,000 men who were killed by Japanese forces after being captured and forced to march 65 miles down the Bataan peninsula.

“On behalf of our elderly Filipino American World War II veterans and members of our national advocacy organization, we demand your prompt apology and actions to remedy your ill-advised, and insulting televised statement last Wednesday,” the veterans wrote in a letter to Cruz.“You compared yourself, senate colleagues and staff as ‘Bataan Death March’ survivors for having endured your 21-hour talk-athon on the floor of the Senate.”

Filipino American Veterans national coordinator Art Garcia told the Philippine Daily Inquirer that the “heroism of the joint US and Filipino Forces in Bataan cannot be compared to the foolish filibuster of Ted Cruz.”

On Monday, some of those surviving Filipino veterans came face-to-face with Cruz in his Senate office.

“I apologize for causing offense,” Cruz said in a near whisper.“I should not have said what I did.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/10/02/watch-t...

dickhead.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word (Dec '08) 5 min andet1987 4,652
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 32 min J RULES 68,989
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 55 min Mimi Seattle 97,933
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr 40ish 4,670
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 177,384
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr Crazy Jae 1,451
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr Crazy Jae 568
Amy 8-29 9 hr Kuuipo 13
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••