Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#994676 Oct 3, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing is more pathetic than the fact our current "president" is held responsible for absolutely nothing negative.
Sure he is. Just not the crap you bozos blame him for.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#994677 Oct 3, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I get it.
When I pay more in taxes for oil subsidies to provide your worthless ass a job, it controls my life.
Increased costs of policies have been going on for years. So I guess the insurance companies control my life & have been for years? Food has gone up so farmers control my life?
You;ve paid paxes ( Or so you clam) so the government has been controlling your life for decades.
This really pisses me of. My tax dollars supported the government that has been controlling your life that long & yet you are still a dumbass. That is a prime example of wasted tax dollars. I'm riting my Congressman to complain.
What oil subsidies?
You still haven't been able to find any subsidy paid to oil companies.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#994678 Oct 3, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, it took Obama far too long to take a stand against the extortionist tactics of the Republicans in Congress. I hope to see more of the same kind of backbone in the future.
Google "Republicans to blame for shutdown" and see how many hits you get. Read it and weep: The GOP is more unpopular than Obamacare!!
Could it be these "extortionists" are just Obama's enemies who represent half of the country this president wishes to simply ignore, demonize and dismiss?

Clinton compromised and negotiated with Republicans. Same with Reagan and both Bushes compromising and negotiating with Democrats.

In fact, every president has done that as far back as I can remember.

So what's wrong with this one besides being too cool for school?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#994679 Oct 3, 2013
RealDave wrote:
You know the ACA must be doing well with the exchanges.
Im thinking half the people logging on to the exchange site were right whiners seeing how much more expensive coverage would be for them.
Note that Carol or Dumbwaiter aren't here broadcasting how expensive it will be for them.
Flack hasn't even reported in but then again, he's shopping for a used policy to save money..
0.5 (that's zero point five) percent of the people who go to the website sign up.
That should tell you something, dupe.

I'm too busy calculating how much my taxes will go up with no increase in income because the company contribution to my health insurance will be taxable income.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#994680 Oct 3, 2013
Liberty is now Lonely lights out thanks to our AMERICAN GOVERNMENT a bunch of LOSERS ALLL of the from the TOP to the bottom they all stink and fancy speeches means nothing and along with congress not getting paid Obama should also not be paid because he is not on his job as the BOSS, he is no George Yankee Steinbrenner no even close you all are happy that Obamas Presidency shut the Government down and wont even help SICK BABIES REAL Strong Leaderlessship Mr. President but isnt sick babies apart of your obamacare why cant the Babies contiue to recieve care Mr. Obama

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#994681 Oct 3, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Obamacare has little effect on business.
Let me repeat this for you dumbasses out there.
96% of all business have less than50 employees & would not be effected.
Of those with 50 or more, only 0.2% do not offer insurance & would be forced to offer insurance by Obamacare.
You people are being duped once again by the lies from Republicans.
Just how GD stupid are you people?
Really Davie Boy? You are as dumb as you post? IF.... you knew anything about business, except showing up on Friday to pick up a check, you would know it's more involved than that? Continue to live in you Demorat dream world. You are the typical Democrat voter.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#994682 Oct 3, 2013
Michelle wrote:
<quoted text>LOL
Would that be the same ACA that even the Democrats who wrote it are now calling a trainwreck?
And, 3 years to put a system in place that is already making errors when it isn't crashing.
Believe it was Democratic Senator Jay Rockefeller who said it was "beyond comprehension".

I kinda like that one better.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#994683 Oct 3, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Harry Reid can end the government shut down today. All he has to do is put the bills from the House on the Senate floor for a vote. There is no mention whatsoever of ObamaKare in any of those bills.
Perhaps that's the problem? So, Democrats are holding the government hostage, right?
lol! hey son!

feeling stupid about your own boy copying Alinsky?

or simply proud he did a better job?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#994684 Oct 3, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>If a Republican majority in congress voted for a bill and it went through a Republican controlled senate and was signed by a Republican president, it's the law of the land, so be it, that is how our government works.
The law of the land also says the president can't write his own version of the law and decide who must obey the law, and who is exempted.
That's how our government works... well, according to the Constitution. The Democrats have another type of government in mind where a dictator decides everything.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#994685 Oct 3, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you find someone to f*** you in the caboose yet?
You've got the wrong poster. Lois was making those inquiries not Lily.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#994686 Oct 3, 2013
Homer wrote:
32. Would a shutdown put the brakes on implementing the Affordable Care Act, or "Obamacare?" No. The state-run exchanges for the uninsured would open as scheduled Tuesday. "The marketplaces will be open on Tuesday, no matter what, even if there is a government shutdown," President Obama said Friday.
33. Why not? Like Social Security or Medicaid, Obamacare is a permanent entitlement that isn't subject to annual funding by Congress. "Many of the core parts of the health care law are funded through mandatory appropriations and wouldn't be affected," Gary Cohen, the Health and Human Services Department official overseeing the health care rollout, said last week.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2...
So basically it's just Republican Tea Baggers grandstanding.
Then there is no need for federal funding, right?
So, why are the Democrats shutting down the government?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#994687 Oct 3, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
I see, so it's fine for your side "to take a stand" and show "backbone" when it's something you want, but not for the opposition to do the same?
Typical liberal hypocrite.
Hold your ground then son.

Galt should be all up in arms about this bootstrapping, but apparently it's not a bother this time around.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#994688 Oct 3, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure he is. Just not the crap you bozos blame him for.
Like all the lies after the Al Qaeda attack on Benghazi, right?... just for one example.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#994689 Oct 3, 2013
Obamas messes Libya, Syria, Egypt,Wall street , Homelessness,Travyon, Poverty,Obamacare,Brazil,South America, England,Chitown, Education,spending limits campaign finance
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#994690 Oct 3, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
I see, so it's fine for your side "to take a stand" and show "backbone" when it's something you want, but not for the opposition to do the same?
Typical liberal hypocrite.
no negotiating with terrorists!

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#994691 Oct 3, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure he is.
Yeah? List them and the sources. I'll wait.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#994692 Oct 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Meaning that 22% of firms are delaying hiring/staffing because of ObamaKKKare, a huge economic drag....
Firms surveyed__but that's how the math works out signaling that actual employers are surveying differently that stay at home mutts, like you, who answer random unsolicited phone calls.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#994693 Oct 3, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
Hobby Lobby’s Vince Parker, who said he “takes the owner’s phone calls and e-mails” at the company, also sent the following to Religion News Service:
“Alleged comments made by employees are currently being investigated and will be addressed accordingly. These comments are in no way indicative of Hobby Lobby culture, the owners and the operators.”
He added:“Marlboro is a great city and has wonderful people and we are blessed to be a part of the community.”
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/02/hobb...
Most companies specifically prohibit any unauthorized employees from commenting to the news media on any company policy, on penalty of termination.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#994694 Oct 3, 2013
Obama calls for striking union workers to be fired

Hilarity ensues as a panicked Barack Obama – fresh off his defeat at the hands of elderly World War II veterans – grabs a microphone and makes a compelling case for firing every union worker who goes on strike:

http://www.humanevents.com/2013/10/03/obama-c...

The poor saps cheering him are almost as funny as Obama himself. The only thing that would make this clip better would be a quick reaction shot of an aide face palming himself into a coma, or maybe a union boss beginning to applaud until he realizes what the President just said, at which point he slowly stops clapping.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#994695 Oct 3, 2013
Why aren't cons cheering at achieving their goal of shutting the government down?

In fact, I wonder why no surprize isn't here talking about the stock market 'climbing'?

I love this comedy channel!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 min Red_Forman 5,361
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Barrack 183,752
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min IB DaMann 50,307
abby 1-26 14 min Stina2 33
amy 1-27 26 min greenwichvillage 5
abby 1-27 1 hr Sublime1 7
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr KiMerde 51,361
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:04 am PST

NFL10:04AM
Richardson was suspended for two Colts playoff games
ESPN10:58 AM