Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1395761 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#994929 Oct 3, 2013
Congressman Castigates Park Ranger For The Memorial Closure He Voted For

"But Mark Segraves, reporting for NBC News' Washington affiliate, managed to capture the howler highlight of the Great World War II Memorial Bleat-n-Repeat -- Rep. Randy Neugebauer's (R-Tex.) Wednesday confrontation of a poor park ranger on the scene -- who was doing nothing more than her job -- blaming her for the closure he voted for and telling her that she should be ashamed of herself.

"How do you look at them and ... deny them access?" said Neugebauer. He, with most House Republicans, had voted early Sunday morning to pass a funding measure that would delay the Affordable Care Act, a vote that set up a showdown with the Senate and President Barack Obama. With the parties unable to agree on how to fund the federal government, non-essential government functions shut down Tuesday.
"It's difficult," responded the Park Service employee.

"Well, it should be difficult," replied the congressman, who was carrying a small American flag in his breast pocket.

"It is difficult," responded the Park Service employee. "I'm sorry, sir."

"The Park Service should be ashamed of themselves," the congressman said.

"I'm not ashamed," replied the ranger.

From there, Segraves reports, "a crowd of onlookers got involved," and began loudly demanding that Neugebauer lay off the park ranger, pointing out again and again that the reason everyone was in the position they were in was due to the fact that Congress very specifically put them there. Neugebauer countered that it was all really Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's (D-Nev.) fault, but that failed to impress anyone.

----------

Silly Repugnants!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#994930 Oct 3, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>What woman dead or otherwise would want to share a space with you?
Believe me there are many stores that want to be in the same plazas with Walmart.
locally Kohls, Ross, Marshalls, Famous Footwear, Payless, and numerous restaurants and smaller businesses
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#994931 Oct 3, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Sometimes you get Andy, sometimes you get Barney. Hah, when you don't need a cop__it's usually Barney. When you do need a cop it's usually Barney. Go figure!
Myriam Terry (sp) was batsht crazy__not sure Andy could have saved her from Barney__at least the little girl wasn't hit.
no excuse for cops to shoot unarmed woman.....

sounds like at least voluntary manslaughter, perhaps second degree murder in your town....

a badge should not be a license to kill....
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#994932 Oct 3, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
Kent Sorenson Quits After Report On Michele Bachmann Campaign Money
"IOWA CITY, Iowa -- IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP)— An Iowa state senator resigned Wednesday after a special investigator found it likely he violated ethics rules by taking money from political entities connected to former presidential candidate Michele Bachmann and then denying he'd done so.
Sen. Kent Sorenson told The Associated Press that he had already decided he would not run for re-election, and that his resignation was best for his family. He said his decision was "absolutely not" an admission of wrongdoing.
"I've spent money fighting this that I shouldn't have. I'm just not going to do that to my family anymore," he said in a telephone interview.
His resignation came after attorney Mark Weinhardt said in a report released earlier in the day that it was "manifestly clear" Sorenson negotiated payments in 2011 that eventually reached $7,500 monthly in exchange for his work as Bachmann's Iowa campaign chair. The money flowed from Bachmann's political action committee, MichelePAC, and her presidential campaign to a Colorado consulting firm, which in turn paid Sorenson's Iowa-based firm, Weinhardt wrote in the report filed with the Iowa Senate.
Sorenson's compensation from MichelePAC is a violation of a Senate rule that bars senators from being paid by political action committees, Weinhardt wrote. Senators will have to decide whether the payments from her presidential campaign also violate the rule since it is unclear, he wrote.
Sorenson knew that accepting the compensation was improper, and later made false statements when he denied that he had taken money tied to Bachmann entities, Weinhardt wrote. Those statements might amount to misconduct in office, a felony that would also be a violation of the ethics rules, the investigator added.
Weinhardt was appointed to investigate an ethics complaint filed against Sorenson by a former Bachmann aide. Weinhardt's report went to the Senate Ethics Committee, which is expected to meet to consider the report and what to do about it.
Before announcing his resignation, Sorenson said he disagreed with the report's conclusions that he made false statements or that he had accepted compensation from Bachmann's camp.
"I was never employed by Michele Bachmann. I was never employed by Bachmann for President. I was never employed by the PAC," he said. "I had a corporation that worked for a corporation that worked for Michele Bachmann."
----------
Silly Repugnants!!
Your Teabagger hero, Bachmann, is under ethics investigations!! In a Repugnant House, no less!!
She's guilty too and will likely serve some time. They're falling all around her.

Weird that she's still loved in Iowa eh?

Location hidden

#994933 Oct 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Wegmans are nice stores, but probably somewhat overrated because the other supermarket chains in their service area really suck.....
Trader Joe is more of a specialty store than a supermarket, good wine selection, nice fresh produce, cheeses, etc.
Galt once saw Al Roker shopping in the original Trader Joe on Arroyo Parkway in Pasadena the day before the Rose Bowl...Al spent about $50, primarily alcohol...
You've must have great eyesight to see that from PA, Nobraina.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#994934 Oct 3, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>She's guilty too and will likely serve some time. They're falling all around her.
Weird that she's still loved in Iowa eh?
What crime has Bachmann been accused of, let alone charged with or convicted for?

Location hidden

#994935 Oct 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
sounds like at least voluntary manslaughter, perhaps second degree murder in your town....
Don't know the facts as the security people saw it. It is a sensitive area, and if it had been an actual terrorist attempt and they hadn't reacted so severely, then what?? Another potential mass killing??

It's a difficult time we live in.

I agree with you about cops shooting far too fast, even tasers. It's the era we live in. Most police forces are nothing but cover ups for violent cops.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#994937 Oct 3, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Was that the one where those kids killed themselves in a mudhole??
Nah, that one was up above Charleston and featured dumbazz hillbillies doing what they do. There have been a few TV shows re: Mingo County, one called White Lightning and a couple on the History Channel.

The place is simply a shthole overrunning with corruption going way back.

Flacko is from a section of that state where folks can actually read__sort of__road signs, Bud Light signs and such.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#994938 Oct 3, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch the commie from Texas disappear. He always does when his stupidirty is exposed.
----------
"How much money does the U.S. government give oil, gas and coal companies?
In the United States, credible estimates of annual fossil fuel subsidies range from $14 billion to $52 billion annually, while even efforts to remove small portions of those subsidies have been defeated in Congress, as shown in the graphic below. Download your own pdf copy here."
http://priceofoil.org/fossil-fuel-subsidies/
""$2.4 Billion: subsidies to the Big Five producers debated and defeated in the Senate in 2011 and 2012
The Repeal Big Oil Tax Subsidies Act, sponsored by Senator Menendez (D-NJ) was debated and defeated by the Senate for two years running, and would have eliminated $2.4 billion in annual tax deductions for the five major oil companies: BP, Exxon, Chevron, Shell and ConocoPhillips.
Although the move would have been an initial step, it’s just the tip of the iceberg. So called “independent” oil companies are hardly small businesses. Major integrated oil companies also include Occidental, Amerada Hess, Marathon, Murphy Oil and dozens of others. Together, these companies produced 53.5 percent of U.S. oil in 2009.
$4 Billion: Subsidy cuts President Obama proposed in the 2013 budget.
President Obama has proposed cutting fossil fuel subsidies every year he’s been in office. The projections for savings have varied slightly each year but always hover around $4 billion annually. Congress has never even proposed voting on all of them.
$10 billion. Low end credible comprehensive estimates. Several recent independent estimates of U.S. fossil fuel subsidies all arrive at roughly this number, although they consider slightly different things. Recent studies include those conducted by Management Information Services, Environmental Law Institute, and the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development – OECD.(The OECD numbers compiled and analyzed here.)
The Sanders / Ellison “End Polluter Welfare Act” also clocks in at $11.3 billion annually.
$52 billion. Highest credible comprehensive estimate. Includes some costs associated with defending pipelines and shipping lanes in the Persian Gulf. Earth Track, an NGO that specializes in subsidy valuation, estimates that annual oil, gas and coal subsidies total about $52 billion annually."
----------
You can continue with your lies, Dweeb, and I will continue to make you look like the lying commie scumbag we all know you are!!
AND... We're suppose to care what you ignorant ghetto folk "think?" LMAO..

If it's ghetto, ignorant, and idiot, it's free cheese, loser, and liberal..

It's the culture...

Location hidden

#994939 Oct 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
What crime has Bachmann been accused of, let alone charged with or convicted for?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Read the content of the current ethics investigation on her in the House.

You turn playing dumb into an art form.

"Michele Bachmann Investigation Gets House Ethics Committee Extension
by Ben Jacobs Sep 12, 2013 4:45 AM EDT
The congresswoman can’t seem to put her 2012 debacle behind her—the House Ethics Committee says it is extending its probe into her presidential campaign. Ben Jacobs gets a copy of the original complaint.

The House Ethics Committee announced Wednesday that it is extending its investigation into alleged campaign finance irregularities by Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN). At issue is whether the congresswoman’s 2012 presidential campaign used money from her political action committee to pay staff and whether she used campaign staff and resources on her book tour.

----------

Silly Repugnants!!
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#994940 Oct 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
She's under investigation(s) for ethics violations and will eventually plead out. Meanwhile she'll take some Republiturds down.

Let google be your friend pally!

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#994941 Oct 3, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>K-Mart? Target? You're too stupid for this thread honey__maybe you should head back to game threads.
You are clueless-they are many stores that want to be with Target also. They are considered majors and they all create foot traffic. In one plaza close to where I work at times. There is a Kohls, a Jewel, a Target, a Dress Barn, a Best Buy--and the Walmart with 30 more stores is directly across the highway with 20 more stores in that Plaza and oh oh --the big huge mall with 200 stores is is directly across the east west street. Why do you suppose they are all there? it is because of foot traffic. Walmart is a huge draw for these stores.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#994942 Oct 3, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know the facts as the security people saw it. It is a sensitive area, and if it had been an actual terrorist attempt and they hadn't reacted so severely, then what?? Another potential mass killing??
It's a difficult time we live in.
I agree with you about cops shooting far too fast, even tasers. It's the era we live in. Most police forces are nothing but cover ups for violent cops.
I cant believe I'm actually going to have to agree with a retarded convict like you over Galt, but:

had I been an officer on that scene, I would have opened fire immediately when she began to attempt to hit the officers with her deadly weapon (vehicle). They showed great restraint, and proobably were TOO slow in pulling their triggers.

The dead perp is a 34 year old nutcase from Connecticunt. Were you not currently incarcerated (and posting here), I would suspect it WAS you.......

Prevented this

#994943 Oct 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
locally Kohls, Ross, Marshalls, Famous Footwear, Payless, and numerous restaurants and smaller businesses
I know. Ross in the Chicago market has latched on to the Walmart Plazas. There is a big store called Fresh Market Grocery store that is in the Plaza with Walmart, it was an Omni grocery store before that-it is huge. I don't what that tick is talking about. Walmart draws traffic. Stores need exposure. Walmart gives them the exposure. Personally I do shop at the Walmart-not my thing and too busy--but I do go to Ross and Marshalls. I hate paying retail for anything because I know the cost.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#994944 Oct 3, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Like the democrats between 2001-2009?
It's obvious you are sticking your nose into something you know nothing about.

Prevented this

#994945 Oct 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Given that Publix has operations only in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and Tennessee....probably known only to you crackers...
Walmart fish is questionable....the quality fish market here is dominated by smaller stores like Sprouts, Barons, Ranch Market, etc...
Galt prefers Chilean sea bass over your "Pacific chum salmon"...but your kind probably likes tilapia as well...
mmm Dover Sole is the best.:)
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#994946 Oct 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
But it's cool when a, cough, neighborhood watch captain chases down a teen and kills him.

I guess a ccw permit is a license to kill eh?

Prevented this

#994947 Oct 3, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
She is really dumb. Easy to catch her in dumb comments, ala Nobraina. Then she runs off. Ala Nobraina.
I get the feeling that these nitwits are not very fond of me.
That's a good thing.
Dead skunks aren't very fond of you either, but who cares. You are a cut and paste master still loving GW Bush, that's about all I get out of your posts. Looks like blah blah blah-same as O'bama-only the indigents follow him and you. Worthless loves worthless.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#994948 Oct 3, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You've must have great eyesight to see that from PA, Nobraina.
Watch the ghetto commie from Connecticunt disappear. He always does when his ghetto and stupidity are exposed.

If it's ghetto, ignorant, and idiot, it's free cheese, loser, and liberal.. The hazards of being demokRAT...

It's the culture...
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#994949 Oct 3, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>But it's cool when a, cough, neighborhood watch captain chases down a teen and kills him.
I guess a ccw permit is a license to kill eh?
Realtime all the time bent over and punked by No Surprize someone or something..

why are you so stupid?

It's the culture...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 25 min RACE 102,504
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 27 min Jacques Orleans 216,880
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 57 min GEORGIA 2,706
abby6-29-16 1 hr RACE 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr RACE 8,901
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 2 hr RACE 1,680
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr PEllen 6,421
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages