Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1405628 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#994587 Oct 3, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh wow, Grampy the homophobe. Quel surprise!
One of the true visual pleasures of the Winter Games is watching the girl's Skater Butts.

Several years back while Dick Button was doing the TV commentary on the pairs ice dancing he complained about the curvature of the girl's butt, saying it ruined the line in their death spiral. The other announcer said "I'm not gonna even comment on that one".

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#994588 Oct 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, I love him, I hope he runs for office someday. He'd be a good mayor of NY
you really want to hear him abuse his daughter over and over? You get off on that kind of sht, stupid skank.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#994589 Oct 3, 2013
Homer wrote:
I think down the road will be sorry if the name 'Obamacare' sticks. He will always be credited.
Yes! It will forever be known as that now! Remember when the President said "Obamacares, I like it"
Brilliant turnaround!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#994590 Oct 3, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
For example ??????????
I know even you don't believe the propaganda bullshit you post here.
You also seem to be doing your usual stunt and running away from the post. Here it is again for your convenient reference, if you decide to respond.
According to Saul Alinsky's rules, the Democrats must make it appear as if all devils are on one side, and all angels are on the other side. To do this, the Democrats have to ignore the existence of all other groups other than the Republicans. If they acknowledge the existence of any ideology or faction or political party other than the Republicans, this goes against the strategy defined by Saul Alinsky to make it appear to the public as if there are only two factions, and all devils are in one faction and all angels are in the other faction.
ROTFLMAO!

Well son, it would appear you're an idiot as usual and hell-bent on proving it!(Well, at least I wish you were smart enough to be called an idiot!)

http://www.amazon.com/Rules-Conservative-Radi...

I'll wait for your response, but I'm sure you'll do the usual bs with the duck, dodge and dance routine!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#994591 Oct 3, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>So fare they have convinced the spineless one in the Republican party to go along with them. Fine go with all the Republicans in Congress who sent that crap bill to the senate, I was giving some of them a pass.
...or...you're full of sht.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#994592 Oct 3, 2013
GOP Lawmakers: House Could End Standoff With Up-Or-Down Vote On Clean Bill

Rep. Pat Meehan (R-Pa.):“At this point, I believe it’s time for the House to vote for a clean, short-term funding bill to bring the Senate to the table and negotiate a responsible compromise.”[Press Release, 10/1/13]
Rep. Scott Rigell (R-Va.):“Time for a clean [continuing resolution].”[Official Twitter, 10/1/13]
Rep. Jon Runyan (R-N.J.):“Enough is enough. Put a clean [continuing resolution] on the floor and let’s get on with the business we were sent to do." [Burlington County Times, 10/1/13]
Rep. Mike Fitzpatrick (R-Pa.): A Fitzpatrick aide tells the Philadelphia Inquirer the congressman would support a clean funding bill if it came up for a vote.[Philadelphia Inquirer, 10/1/13]
Rep. Lou Barletta (R-Pa.): Barletta said he would "absolutely" vote for a clean bill in order to avert a shut down of the government.[Bethlehem Morning Call, 10/1/13]
Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.): King thinks House Republicans would prefer to avoid a shutdown and said he will only vote for a clean continuing resolution to fund the government, according to the National Review Online.[NRO, 9/30/13]
Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.): The California Republican told The Huffington Post he would ultimately support a clean continuing resolution.[Tweet by The Huffington Post's Sabrina Siddiqui, 9/30/13]
Rep. Charlie Dent (R-Pa.):“I'm prepared to vote for a clean [continuing resolution].”[The Huffington Post, 9/29/13]
Rep. Frank Wolf (R-Va.): A Wolf aide told The Hill that he agrees with fellow Virginia Rep. Scott Rigell (R) that it's time for a clean continuing resolution.[The Hill, 10/1/13]
Rep. Michael Grimm (R-N.Y.): A Grimm aide told The Huffington Post that the congressman supports a clean continuing resolution.[10/1/13].
Rep. Erik Paulsen (R-Minn.): A local news anchor in Minnesota tweeted that Paulsen told him he would vote for a clean resolution if given the chance.[Blake McCoy Tweet, 10/1/13]
Rep. Rob Wittman (R-Va.): A constituent of Wittman's sent The Huffington Post an email she got from the congressman indicating he would vote for a clean funding bill but hasn't had "an opportunity to do so at this point." [10/1/13]
Rep. Frank LoBiondo (R-N.J.): LoBiondo told The Press of Atlantic City he'll support "whatever gets a successful conclusion" to the shutdown and a clean funding bill "is one of those options." [The Press of Atlantic City, 10/1/13]
Rep. Randy Forbes (R-Va.): Forbes told The Virginian-Pilot that he supports the six-week clean funding bill that passed in the Senate.[The Virginian-Pilot, 10/2/13]
Rep. Jim Gerlach (R-Pa.): The congressman issued a statement saying he would "vote in favor of a so-called clean budget bill." [Office of Rep. Jim Gerlach, 10/2/13].
Rep. Leonard Lance (R-N.J.): Lance's chief of staff confirmed to The Huffington Post that he told a constituent on Wednesday that Lance has voted for clean government funding bills in the past "and would not oppose doing so again should one be brought to the floor." [10/2/13]
Rep. Mike Simpson (R-Idaho): Simpson told a Roll Call reporter Tuesday night, "I'd vote for a clean CR because I don't think this is a strategy that works." [Daniel Newhauser Tweet, 10/1/13]
Rep. Bill Young (R-Fla.): Young told Tampa Bay Times reporter Alex Leary that he's ready to vote for a clean funding bill. "The politics should be over," he said. "It's time to legislate." [Alex Leary Tweet, 10/2/13]
Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart (R-Fla.): The congressman told Miami Herald reporter Marc Caputo that he would vote for a clean funding bill, provided it has the same funding levels contained in the Senate-passed bill.[The Miami Herald, 10/2/13]
Rep. Richard Hanna (R-N.Y.): "I would take a clean (continuing resolution)." [Observer-Dispatch, 10/2/13]
[10/2/2013]
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/01/hous...

And before you say oh the source is HuffPo, remember they just compiled the list.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#994593 Oct 3, 2013
Come on Boehnerhead, put it to an up./down vote.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#994594 Oct 3, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Harry Reid has on his desk at this very moment bills from the House that will restart the government.
Why are Harry Reid and the Democrats keeping the government shut down? Why are the Democrats holding the government hostage and demanding a ransom of money for their Marxist programs be paid?
Harry Reid has a bill that says to fund the country only of the aca is __________ Fill in repealed, defunded, and / or delayed.

Harry Reid sent a bill that funded the country to the House where there are enough votes to pass it if Boehner would put it to a vote.

Day 3 of no oils subsidies to help fund Dumbwaiters job. No wonder he is experiencing a melt down.
Lakeesha Bocateesha

Howell, NJ

#994595 Oct 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes! It will forever be known as that now! Remember when the President said "Obamacares, I like it"
Brilliant turnaround!
It's really ObamaSCARES
OBAMA the GENIUS

Fayetteville, NC

#994596 Oct 3, 2013
BLUE CROSS co pay cards?

OBAMACARE!

Provided by Blue Cross!

That commie outfit? NO.

that great outfit.

The people love a co pay card!

Why are Republicans afraid of Blue Cross?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#994597 Oct 3, 2013
lol! You know, Boehner is really caught between a rock and a hard place.

I think it was "corodingelectrode" who quoted "... the enemy of my enemy is my friend..."

When Boehener looks to the t-p, then looks to the non cons....

... what do you think he sees?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#994598 Oct 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Oh great, now shorty from TX is giving us the weather report; will it be a continuous loop?
On another note; can you believe that the Gus Boulis murder trial is only now taking place?
where do you get your weather, a schlurp on Obama's nuts or Pelosi's clam?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#994599 Oct 3, 2013
Homer wrote:
Wow who knew ACA would be so popular, they can't even keep up. Seems they may have bought into the Republican hype that no one liked the new law as they have been overwhelmed with calls, overloaded servers, long wait times. Amazing.
Homer knew it would be a complete success once the people saw it for what it is.
"You judge a program by it's popularity." - Homer
haha...fckn sheep

"California's health insurance exchange vastly overstated the number of online hits it received Tuesday during the rollout of Obamacare."
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#994600 Oct 3, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
Greece jails leader of far-right Golden Dawn party
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-57605817/...
...coming to America...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#994601 Oct 3, 2013
the sky will fall...because of 167 people...

https://twitter.com/jahimes/status/3852007776...

Newville, PA

#994602 Oct 3, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
The increased cost of the insurance premium, and the amount of taxes paid due to health care benefits to people who work for a living becoming taxable income.
How about asking that question to someone who just got taken off full time and put on part time.
Next question?
I get it.

When I pay more in taxes for oil subsidies to provide your worthless ass a job, it controls my life.

Increased costs of policies have been going on for years. So I guess the insurance companies control my life & have been for years? Food has gone up so farmers control my life?

You;ve paid paxes ( Or so you clam) so the government has been controlling your life for decades.

This really pisses me of. My tax dollars supported the government that has been controlling your life that long & yet you are still a dumbass. That is a prime example of wasted tax dollars. I'm riting my Congressman to complain.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#994603 Oct 3, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> What is now considered full time? 32 or 30. I don't remember. 32 I think. If they are dropping them from 32 to 29 then that is full time to part time.
believe the criteria is 30, but most companies will cut to 28 or less to allow some margin....

Newville, PA

#994604 Oct 3, 2013
Homer wrote:
Come on Boehnerhead, put it to an up./down vote.
Friday.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#994605 Oct 3, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
The owners of Hobby Lobby have the right to believe that contraception is immoral but they do not have the right to impose their beliefs on their employees by denying such coverage in their insurance plans.
Bullshit.

The employees of Hobby Lobby have the right to work elsewhere if they object to their terms of employment.

Since: Nov 11

Naperville, IL

#994606 Oct 3, 2013
Democrats continue their government shutdown

Obama will no "cherry pick" the budget, but will cherry pick who will get Obamacare waivers.

See? Liberals are brain dead hypocrites.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 219,714
Chicago has the Worst Women 2 hr Chiraq 40
What's the point of War 3 hr Anonymous 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr El Padre 60,664
last post wins! (Apr '13) 6 hr They cannot kill ... 1,265
last post wins! (Dec '10) 9 hr They cannot kill ... 2,280
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 hr RACE 103,160

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages