Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
912,801 - 912,820 of 1,100,219 Comments Last updated 31 min ago

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#993805 Oct 2, 2013
brown eyes wrote:
Behind their Patriotic Disguise:
The Tea Party behaves like the Taliban.
The concept of threatening, calling for, and inciting violence against the government has never been a part of being a patriotic American.
Whether it was Sarah Palin telling her sychochants to "don't retreat, reload", Michelle Bachman calling for Minnesotans to be armed and dangerous or Sharon Angle citing second Amendment remedies it is always teabaggers calling for violence against their enemies in government. Tea Party Taliban name is well deserved.
See? This is exactly why you liberals have lost your ever lovin' minds and why this president thinks fellow Americans who oppose his radical liberalism are more of a threat than the real enemy.

Inciting violence against the government? Are you just plain nuts?

Every Tea Party rally in every city and in every town across the country couldn't have been more orderly and respectful in their descent.

It was four liberal thugs who beat up a black Republican at one of those rallies who incited the only violence.

Get a frikkin' grip. You and your fellow crazy loons are really starting to scare me.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#993806 Oct 2, 2013
How Budget Brinkmanship Hurts the GOP

A minority of congressional Republicans are addicted to these impossible-to-win cosmic battles, which keep rescuing the president and his allies from taking responsibility for a lackluster domestic policy agenda.

Conservatives are on the cusp of developing an attractive reform agenda that represents a serious, affordable alternative to the Democratic vision of a federal government much larger in scale but more importantly in scope. But every time we have a new round of budget brinkmanship, this still-developing agenda gets derailed. This is a much bigger problem for Republicans than for Democrats, and more importantly, it is huge problem for the country.

http://www.nationalreview.com/agenda/359946/h...

whining whilst whining. but you get the idea.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#993807 Oct 2, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Home is where the heart is."
FACT:O'bama's ratings are so low that the Kenyans are now saying O'bama was born in America.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#993808 Oct 2, 2013
OBAMA DEM SHUT DOWN GOV wrote:
GOP ONLY ASK THAT ONE YEAR DELAY AND NOT TO SHUT
DOWN GOV.TO BE FAIR TO EVERYONE!Then in July, the OBAMA administration pushed back the employer mandate. Previously, companies with 50-plus full-timers had to start providing coverage in 2014 or face penalties. Now they have until 2015.HOWEVER MOST OF THE POOR PEOPLE HAVE GOT TO GET IT NOW!OBAMA SAYS IF HOUSE OR THE SEN. VOTE TO DELAY HIS HEALTH CARE HE WILL VETO IT?WAKE THE HELL UP USA!IT IS THE DEM AND
OBAMA WAY OR THE HIGHWAY
It appears it was a mistake to allow the republicans to delay the employer mandate. Give a Republican an inch and they want a mile. It had to stop. The "poor people" who will benefit from the Affordable Care Act are not complaining.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#993809 Oct 2, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You mentioned Tom Clancy yesterday and he died. Coincidence?
just saw that myself.

more than a few tears here. let's hope Tom gets a chance to take out a few bad guys in the afterlife.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#993810 Oct 2, 2013
I wonder If the Oblamer supporters on topix are actually Federal Workers spying on free speech real dave , lily,sonicfilth,yeah son, leosanus,realtime, because they seem to be furloughed not so active today are ya if this was a highway i would be drifting sideways all day yeah son Supreme Wisdom 5% shut em down professor Griff, Flava, Public Enemy they shut you down now shut them down
WOW

Bronx, NY

#993811 Oct 2, 2013
Homer wrote:
Peter King: I Did My Best to Fight the Cruz Crazies
At the same time, the “Ted Cruz Republicans,” as King called them, had been consistently disloyal. The present crisis had only come about because the Cruz crazies had refused to go along with Boehner’s original plan. Boehner had figured on sending legislation to the Senate that would allow it to fund the government even as it refused to pass an essentially symbolic measure defunding Obamacare.
Just two weeks ago, Boehner and House Majority leader Eric Cantor had spoken eloquently against triggering a government shutdown. The whole idea had been for the Republicans to make a statement without hurting anybody. That was not good enough for the Cruz wing, which was bent on undoing a law that had been passed by Congress, signed by the president, upheld by the Supreme Court, and essentially reaffirmed by the electorate in a presidential election.
“It goes against the whole spirit of the Constitution,” King says of the effort to undo Obamacare.
King had been pretty eloquent himself as he pointed all of this out in a speech at a closed-door meeting of his fellow Republican members in room HC-5 in the basement of the Capitol on Monday afternoon. He reminded the gathering that he had voted again and again with leadership during Boehner's tenure. He also reminded them that the Cruz crazies heeded only themselves.
http://peteking.house.gov/media-center/in-the...
This is how the democrats shut the government down by not respecting our republic why quote a REPUBLICAN THAT YOU DIDNT WANT TO WORK WITH
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#993812 Oct 2, 2013
'Lasting damage': Pete King on the Republicans' shutdown problem

"We're really living in parallel universes here," Rep. Peter King told me in a brief phone conversation from Washington this afternoon.

King, a longtime, periodically rebellious Republican congressman from Long Island, has been a loud, somewhat lonely voice for moderation over the last few weeks, railing against Senator Ted Cruz and the House Republicans who have instigated a shutdown of the federal government, which went into effect this morning after Democrats rebuffed Republican demands to delay the president's health care law.

The divide in the party was "between the guys who stand up and say, everywhere they go, people say you have to shut down the government, and crying on the street about Obamacare, and then other people from districts more like mine, where people are looking for pragmatic results," King said.

King said he was around his district all summer, and, even among the right-of-center Republicans, "nobody was talking about defunding Obamacare."

"I have a lot of interaction with people, and I'll tell you, nobody mentioned this to me all summer," he said. "These other guys come back saying it's all they heard about. Maybe we're living in different worlds, but I never heard a word about it.

"I mean, if I asked somebody,'Do you support Obamacare?' They'd say,'No.' Then I say,'Do you want me to shut down the government over it?' They'd look at me like,'Have a drink or something.'"

http://peteking.house.gov/media-center/in-the...

The Republican meltdown continues...

Tea Baggers vs. Moderates/sane people in the party

Bags and Bagnots

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#993813 Oct 2, 2013
brown eyes wrote:
Behind their Patriotic Disguise:
The Tea Party behaves like the Taliban.
The concept of threatening, calling for, and inciting violence against the government has never been a part of being a patriotic American.
Whether it was Sarah Palin telling her sychochants to "don't retreat, reload", Michelle Bachman calling for Minnesotans to be armed and dangerous or Sharon Angle citing second Amendment remedies it is always teabaggers calling for violence against their enemies in government. Tea Party Taliban name is well deserved.
And speaking of inciting violence...did you fall asleep during the Occupy Wall Street movement in New York and California?

People were trashing the streets and preventing businesses from making a living in New York and cases of rape and vandalism were reported. Rioters in California vandalized businesses and attacked the police.

Do you not know what inciting violence looks like when you see it?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#993814 Oct 2, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears it was a mistake to allow the republicans to delay the employer mandate. Give a Republican an inch and they want a mile. It had to stop. The "poor people" who will benefit from the Affordable Care Act are not complaining.
Republicans didn't delay a darn thing. King Obama has been changing this law at his own whim every time we turn around. Delaying the mandate for corporations was another of his whimsical and unconstitutional ideas.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#993815 Oct 2, 2013
With Traditional GOP Allies Defecting, Big Business Takes Sides With Obama

Having failed to persuade their traditional Republican allies in Congress to avert a government shutdown, business leaders fear bigger problems ahead, and they're taking sides with a Democratic president whose health care and regulatory agenda they have vigorously opposed.

President Barack Obama is embracing the business outreach, eager to employ groups like the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and Wall Street CEOs to portray House Republicans as out of touch even with their long-established corporate and financial patrons.

Yet, the partial closing of the government and the looming confrontation over the nation's borrowing limit highlight the remarkable drop in the business community's influence among House Republicans, who increasingly respond more to tea party conservatives than to the Chamber of Commerce.

On Wednesday, Obama is hosting chief executives from the nation's 19 biggest financial firms. Moreover, the Chamber of Commerce has sent a letter to Congress signed by about 250 business groups urging no shutdown and warning against a debt ceiling crisis that they say could lead to an economically disastrous default.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/with-tradit...

"There is an element of the more independent, tea party coalition Republicans that, frankly, don't listen to very many people," said John Engler, the former Republican governor of Michigan and now president of the Business Roundtable, one of the groups that signed the chamber letter. "They are on a mission, often defined on the basis of their view of the world, and they aren't paying very much attention to what this means beyond maybe their own districts."

Concerned, the Chamber of Commerce is preparing to participate in political primaries, protecting friendly lawmakers from conservative challengers. "Clearly we're getting to a point where we need a Congress that's going to be productive, proactive and create a stable environment for economic growth and job creation," said Scott Reed, a Republican political consultant who is advising the chamber on its strategy.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#993816 Oct 2, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just one clarification, if I may. Jesus correctly was a Jew, but his father was neither black nor white. Pretty sure the God of the universe can pull off one immaculate conception. There's no particular color involved in the spirit realm.
(Just hope the secularists don't freak out now. They seem to think they're being forced to believe something just because millions of others do. Makes them very angry for some reason.)
Genesis 1:27
So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

Are you saying Adam was black? Heretic!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#993817 Oct 2, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
See? This is exactly why you liberals have lost your ever lovin' minds and why this president thinks fellow Americans who oppose his radical liberalism are more of a threat than the real enemy.
Inciting violence against the government? Are you just plain nuts?
Every Tea Party rally in every city and in every town across the country couldn't have been more orderly and respectful in their descent.
It was four liberal thugs who beat up a black Republican at one of those rallies who incited the only violence.
Get a frikkin' grip. You and your fellow crazy loons are really starting to scare me.
"dissent"...please excuse my haste for misspelling this word in context, Professor leosnana.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#993818 Oct 2, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Grayson doesn't care about anyone. He is another democrat who wanted the shut down to raise money. Filthy democrats.
http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/02/grayson-jee...
but seems he's not an alcoholic like the tea party crowd.

they better hope that the DC AA meetings haven't been shut down.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#993819 Oct 2, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Grayson doesn't care about anyone. He is another democrat who wanted the shut down to raise money. Filthy democrats.
http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/02/grayson-jee...
Poor Wretch, happy her Republicans were having fun drinking & hiring prostitutes ( Vitter was likely there) while shutting down the government in yet another attempt to damage Obamacare.

But poor Wretch is mad that the people are so pissed with Republican obstructionism that they are willing to send money to make sure Republicans don't win in 2014.

I loved the Republican photo Op with Boehner ( rhymes with toner) ad Cantor etal sitting at the table as if Democrats said they would meet with them.

I'm sure that excited a Rush lover like Wretch but it was really pathetic.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#993820 Oct 2, 2013
Its funny Oblamers Blackness got him elected now it's his kyptonite lolololhahahahaha Pride I told you all the Fall Pride comes before the fall so what are we suppose to do now run out in the Skreets and ride for oblamer oblabber no let wall street help him he gave them more than obamacare will give you he didnt change nothing he did the same as the other 43 including clinton oblabber is no change just a color for African Americans he was not your deep seated revenge you hoped for so meet with russia ans iran work it out after the election so work it out President Oblamer use a drone it seems to solve most of your problems one thing I see when Oblamer cant bully he acts just like abully when confronted
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#993821 Oct 2, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
just saw that myself.
more than a few tears here. let's hope Tom gets a chance to take out a few bad guys in the afterlife.
Yeah and he just 66. Elmore Leonard, another great one, died just a couple of months ago.

Leonard was a chain smoker who wrote pencil to paper.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#993822 Oct 2, 2013
House GOP’s New ObamaCare-Busting Bill Contains Provision To End Imaginary Exemptions

http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/...
WOW

Bronx, NY

#993823 Oct 2, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis 1:27
So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.
Are you saying Adam was black? Heretic!
Black Ivy League Professor Who Called God Racist After GZ Verdict Says Gov’t Shutdown Is Due To GOP’s Hatred Towards Our Black President
this is what she has to offer a PHD Professor real problem solver a really educated person racists are really just Ignorant people no matter the level of education or profession remember Oblamers Race got him elected wasnt that racists he is half white but blacks who submit to the racists one drop rule still dont get it

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#993824 Oct 2, 2013
Homer wrote:
'Lasting damage': Pete King on the Republicans' shutdown problem
"We're really living in parallel universes here," Rep. Peter King told me in a brief phone conversation from Washington this afternoon.
King, a longtime, periodically rebellious Republican congressman from Long Island, has been a loud, somewhat lonely voice for moderation over the last few weeks, railing against Senator Ted Cruz and the House Republicans who have instigated a shutdown of the federal government, which went into effect this morning after Democrats rebuffed Republican demands to delay the president's health care law.
The divide in the party was "between the guys who stand up and say, everywhere they go, people say you have to shut down the government, and crying on the street about Obamacare, and then other people from districts more like mine, where people are looking for pragmatic results," King said.
King said he was around his district all summer, and, even among the right-of-center Republicans, "nobody was talking about defunding Obamacare."
"I have a lot of interaction with people, and I'll tell you, nobody mentioned this to me all summer," he said. "These other guys come back saying it's all they heard about. Maybe we're living in different worlds, but I never heard a word about it.
"I mean, if I asked somebody,'Do you support Obamacare?' They'd say,'No.' Then I say,'Do you want me to shut down the government over it?' They'd look at me like,'Have a drink or something.'"
http://peteking.house.gov/media-center/in-the...
The Republican meltdown continues...
Tea Baggers vs. Moderates/sane people in the party
Bags and Bagnots
The difference between your side and my side, Homer, is that my side would never refuse to negotiate with your side on something as important as this major piece of legislation after they voted for it on strict party lines to begin with. That would have never happened either.

It's that simple. And I find simplicity is always the best way to explain things to the simpleminded...no offense...but you're really too gullible for your own good, Homer, and I'm just trying to help you because I like you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word (Dec '08) 2 min andet1987 4,652
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 29 min J RULES 68,989
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 52 min Mimi Seattle 97,933
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr 40ish 4,670
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 177,384
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr Crazy Jae 1,451
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr Crazy Jae 568
Amy 8-29 9 hr Kuuipo 13
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••