Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#993798 Oct 2, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
ROTFLMAO!!!!
MSNBC abandons health care exchange demo due to long waits, glitches
Washington Examiner
By Charlie Spiering
• Published October 02, 2013
Facebook28 Twitter10 LinkedIn1
MSNBC news producers abandoned their attempt to demonstrate the new health care exchange at healthcare.gov .
While repeatedly trying to access the New York, Maryland and New Jersey health care sites, news anchor Mara Schiavocampo eventually called a phone help line for assistance after the web chat function didn't work.
"This is the second call, so I've probably spent almost 20 minutes on the phone now. We started about 35 minutes ago, so at this point I'm going to hang up and call it a day," she explains on the show. "If I was signing up for myself, this is where my patience would be exhausted."
i signed up yesterday after a half hour wait.

so you can go ahead and sign up. should only be a 15 minute wait today.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#993799 Oct 2, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
this should win the 'Total Irony of the Day' award.
Rhode Island GOP Raffles Off Guns, Requires Winners Pass Background Checks
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/rhode-i...
another gun-nut PR campaign fail.
Aint they crazy WOW them republicans

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#993800 Oct 2, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You invent way too much in your post. For example, concerning the election, I pointed out the fact that there were very many locations where it was obvious some programmer was so stupid they programmed the voting machines to steal 100 percent of the vote. Naturally, most of the programmers weren't that stupid, and they programmed the voting machines to steal one in three or one in four votes.
Nobody knows who won the last election.
Now, back to the post in which you didn't address one of any of the points made. Here it is again for your convenient reference, if you choose to address any of the points, as opposed to running away from them like you and all Democrats usually do.
When you dupes acknowledge the obvious conclusion that Frank Marshal Davis is Obama's biological father, we can begin to have a reasonable discussion. Look at the photos. It's obvious.
In case you're completely ignorant, the communist movement is, and has always been world-wide. They plan for the future. They plan to be here fighting to eliminate capitalism 50 years from now, and farther into the future. They have intentions that span as much time as it takes to eliminate capitalism from the Earth.
The original people who walked across the land bridge connecting Asia and North America 20,000 years ago discovered America.
Jesus was a jew. It has been speculated he could have had a Roman father. I don't know of anyone on Earth so ignorant to have speculated Jesus was black. But, that's Jesus the human. Jesus the ideology has no race. You need to at least make an effort to stop thinking in terms of race.
You show obvious signs of what psychiatrists call "projection". It is you who wishes to be on the winning side so bad, lying just becomes part of you. You do not even have a concept of any other motivation. The truth is, I want only to be on the just side, win or lose. You gobble up every lie just because you think winning is more important than being honest, truthful, and just.
To prove this point, should we go over the recent US history of the previous century and identify the system of lies the Democrats invented and successfully duped the entire country with? How about you explain why we get a constant stream of obvious lies from the White House since Obama took office. Then, explain to us why you mindlessly regurgitate them.
Why did Obama lie for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the US in Benghazi?
Why is Obama lying right now about the total debt?
Why does Obama lie about being at Columbia?
Why does Obama lie about being born in Hawaii?
Why does the White House put an obviously fraudulent "birth certificate" on the website? Why don't they just submit that document as evidence and be done with the issue?
Why do you constantly regurgitate the obvious lies from Obama and the Democrats?
Just one clarification, if I may. Jesus correctly was a Jew, but his father was neither black nor white. Pretty sure the God of the universe can pull off one immaculate conception. There's no particular color involved in the spirit realm.

(Just hope the secularists don't freak out now. They seem to think they're being forced to believe something just because millions of others do. Makes them very angry for some reason.)

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#993802 Oct 2, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Alan Grayson: Republicans are rejecting Obamacare out of drunken anger
Rep. Alan Grayson (D-FL) did not discount what he called “public reports” that Republican lawmakers were drinking on the job, telling Salon that it was affecting their job performance.
“It’s a fact we all have to live with,” Grayson said in an interview published on Tuesday.“It’s making them violent and abusive towards America.”
Grayson did not identify any Congress members by name, but told Salon that “you can smell alcohol on their breath as they’re voting gleefully to shut down the government and create chaos.”
Huffington Post correspondent Jennifer Bendery wrote on Twitter on Monday night that,“About every other House lawmaker I just talked to smelled like booze. It’s only 9pm.” Bendery’s account corroborates a Post report from Saturday that other media members witnessed or smelled unidentified lawmakers drinking in the midst of negotiations over shuttering government offices.
Grayson also accused House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) of stymieing a vote on a “clean” continuing resolution — one providing funding for the government that also includes the Affordable Care Act — out of self-preservation.
“He enjoys his golf games with the president, and he doesn’t want to lose that perk, and so he’s desperate to maintain his relevance, and that means maintaining his position at all costs,” Grayson told Salon.“Even the kind of costs we’re seeing now for the country.”
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/10/01/alan-gr...
here's where Reagan rolls over in his grave.....
While Republican opposition has hinged on the new healthcare law, Grayson also accused Republicans of wanting to roll back other public health programs, such as the mandate requring emergency rooms to provide health care for patients unable to pay for their services.
Grayson doesn't care about anyone. He is another democrat who wanted the shut down to raise money. Filthy democrats.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/02/grayson-jee...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#993803 Oct 2, 2013
Peter King: I Did My Best to Fight the Cruz Crazies

At the same time, the “Ted Cruz Republicans,” as King called them, had been consistently disloyal. The present crisis had only come about because the Cruz crazies had refused to go along with Boehner’s original plan. Boehner had figured on sending legislation to the Senate that would allow it to fund the government even as it refused to pass an essentially symbolic measure defunding Obamacare.

Just two weeks ago, Boehner and House Majority leader Eric Cantor had spoken eloquently against triggering a government shutdown. The whole idea had been for the Republicans to make a statement without hurting anybody. That was not good enough for the Cruz wing, which was bent on undoing a law that had been passed by Congress, signed by the president, upheld by the Supreme Court, and essentially reaffirmed by the electorate in a presidential election.

“It goes against the whole spirit of the Constitution,” King says of the effort to undo Obamacare.

King had been pretty eloquent himself as he pointed all of this out in a speech at a closed-door meeting of his fellow Republican members in room HC-5 in the basement of the Capitol on Monday afternoon. He reminded the gathering that he had voted again and again with leadership during Boehner's tenure. He also reminded them that the Cruz crazies heeded only themselves.

http://peteking.house.gov/media-center/in-the...
WOW

Bronx, NY

#993804 Oct 2, 2013
These people gave their Lives President Oblamer they have a voice also why should they pay for healthcare for illegal entrants they served this country The newly imposed government shutdown proved no match for a group of defiant veterans who were determined to visit the World War II Memorial in Washington DC yesterday. Hundreds of veterans arrived for a previously scheduled visit to the memorial Tuesday morning to find it barricaded by the National Park Service after the shutdown went into effect at midnight. But the group of 91 Vets who had traveled from Mississippi were not to be deterred and 'stormed' into the memorial.

Orlando, FL

#993805 Oct 2, 2013
brown eyes wrote:
Behind their Patriotic Disguise:
The Tea Party behaves like the Taliban.
The concept of threatening, calling for, and inciting violence against the government has never been a part of being a patriotic American.
Whether it was Sarah Palin telling her sychochants to "don't retreat, reload", Michelle Bachman calling for Minnesotans to be armed and dangerous or Sharon Angle citing second Amendment remedies it is always teabaggers calling for violence against their enemies in government. Tea Party Taliban name is well deserved.
See? This is exactly why you liberals have lost your ever lovin' minds and why this president thinks fellow Americans who oppose his radical liberalism are more of a threat than the real enemy.

Inciting violence against the government? Are you just plain nuts?

Every Tea Party rally in every city and in every town across the country couldn't have been more orderly and respectful in their descent.

It was four liberal thugs who beat up a black Republican at one of those rallies who incited the only violence.

Get a frikkin' grip. You and your fellow crazy loons are really starting to scare me.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#993806 Oct 2, 2013
How Budget Brinkmanship Hurts the GOP

A minority of congressional Republicans are addicted to these impossible-to-win cosmic battles, which keep rescuing the president and his allies from taking responsibility for a lackluster domestic policy agenda.

Conservatives are on the cusp of developing an attractive reform agenda that represents a serious, affordable alternative to the Democratic vision of a federal government much larger in scale but more importantly in scope. But every time we have a new round of budget brinkmanship, this still-developing agenda gets derailed. This is a much bigger problem for Republicans than for Democrats, and more importantly, it is huge problem for the country.

http://www.nationalreview.com/agenda/359946/h...

whining whilst whining. but you get the idea.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#993807 Oct 2, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Home is where the heart is."
FACT:O'bama's ratings are so low that the Kenyans are now saying O'bama was born in America.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#993808 Oct 2, 2013
OBAMA DEM SHUT DOWN GOV wrote:
GOP ONLY ASK THAT ONE YEAR DELAY AND NOT TO SHUT
DOWN GOV.TO BE FAIR TO EVERYONE!Then in July, the OBAMA administration pushed back the employer mandate. Previously, companies with 50-plus full-timers had to start providing coverage in 2014 or face penalties. Now they have until 2015.HOWEVER MOST OF THE POOR PEOPLE HAVE GOT TO GET IT NOW!OBAMA SAYS IF HOUSE OR THE SEN. VOTE TO DELAY HIS HEALTH CARE HE WILL VETO IT?WAKE THE HELL UP USA!IT IS THE DEM AND
OBAMA WAY OR THE HIGHWAY
It appears it was a mistake to allow the republicans to delay the employer mandate. Give a Republican an inch and they want a mile. It had to stop. The "poor people" who will benefit from the Affordable Care Act are not complaining.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#993809 Oct 2, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You mentioned Tom Clancy yesterday and he died. Coincidence?
just saw that myself.

more than a few tears here. let's hope Tom gets a chance to take out a few bad guys in the afterlife.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#993810 Oct 2, 2013
I wonder If the Oblamer supporters on topix are actually Federal Workers spying on free speech real dave , lily,sonicfilth,yeah son, leosanus,realtime, because they seem to be furloughed not so active today are ya if this was a highway i would be drifting sideways all day yeah son Supreme Wisdom 5% shut em down professor Griff, Flava, Public Enemy they shut you down now shut them down
WOW

Bronx, NY

#993811 Oct 2, 2013
Homer wrote:
Peter King: I Did My Best to Fight the Cruz Crazies
At the same time, the “Ted Cruz Republicans,” as King called them, had been consistently disloyal. The present crisis had only come about because the Cruz crazies had refused to go along with Boehner’s original plan. Boehner had figured on sending legislation to the Senate that would allow it to fund the government even as it refused to pass an essentially symbolic measure defunding Obamacare.
Just two weeks ago, Boehner and House Majority leader Eric Cantor had spoken eloquently against triggering a government shutdown. The whole idea had been for the Republicans to make a statement without hurting anybody. That was not good enough for the Cruz wing, which was bent on undoing a law that had been passed by Congress, signed by the president, upheld by the Supreme Court, and essentially reaffirmed by the electorate in a presidential election.
“It goes against the whole spirit of the Constitution,” King says of the effort to undo Obamacare.
King had been pretty eloquent himself as he pointed all of this out in a speech at a closed-door meeting of his fellow Republican members in room HC-5 in the basement of the Capitol on Monday afternoon. He reminded the gathering that he had voted again and again with leadership during Boehner's tenure. He also reminded them that the Cruz crazies heeded only themselves.
This is how the democrats shut the government down by not respecting our republic why quote a REPUBLICAN THAT YOU DIDNT WANT TO WORK WITH
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#993812 Oct 2, 2013
'Lasting damage': Pete King on the Republicans' shutdown problem

"We're really living in parallel universes here," Rep. Peter King told me in a brief phone conversation from Washington this afternoon.

King, a longtime, periodically rebellious Republican congressman from Long Island, has been a loud, somewhat lonely voice for moderation over the last few weeks, railing against Senator Ted Cruz and the House Republicans who have instigated a shutdown of the federal government, which went into effect this morning after Democrats rebuffed Republican demands to delay the president's health care law.

The divide in the party was "between the guys who stand up and say, everywhere they go, people say you have to shut down the government, and crying on the street about Obamacare, and then other people from districts more like mine, where people are looking for pragmatic results," King said.

King said he was around his district all summer, and, even among the right-of-center Republicans, "nobody was talking about defunding Obamacare."

"I have a lot of interaction with people, and I'll tell you, nobody mentioned this to me all summer," he said. "These other guys come back saying it's all they heard about. Maybe we're living in different worlds, but I never heard a word about it.

"I mean, if I asked somebody,'Do you support Obamacare?' They'd say,'No.' Then I say,'Do you want me to shut down the government over it?' They'd look at me like,'Have a drink or something.'"

The Republican meltdown continues...

Tea Baggers vs. Moderates/sane people in the party

Bags and Bagnots

Orlando, FL

#993813 Oct 2, 2013
brown eyes wrote:
Behind their Patriotic Disguise:
The Tea Party behaves like the Taliban.
The concept of threatening, calling for, and inciting violence against the government has never been a part of being a patriotic American.
Whether it was Sarah Palin telling her sychochants to "don't retreat, reload", Michelle Bachman calling for Minnesotans to be armed and dangerous or Sharon Angle citing second Amendment remedies it is always teabaggers calling for violence against their enemies in government. Tea Party Taliban name is well deserved.
And speaking of inciting violence...did you fall asleep during the Occupy Wall Street movement in New York and California?

People were trashing the streets and preventing businesses from making a living in New York and cases of rape and vandalism were reported. Rioters in California vandalized businesses and attacked the police.

Do you not know what inciting violence looks like when you see it?

Orlando, FL

#993814 Oct 2, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears it was a mistake to allow the republicans to delay the employer mandate. Give a Republican an inch and they want a mile. It had to stop. The "poor people" who will benefit from the Affordable Care Act are not complaining.
Republicans didn't delay a darn thing. King Obama has been changing this law at his own whim every time we turn around. Delaying the mandate for corporations was another of his whimsical and unconstitutional ideas.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#993815 Oct 2, 2013
With Traditional GOP Allies Defecting, Big Business Takes Sides With Obama

Having failed to persuade their traditional Republican allies in Congress to avert a government shutdown, business leaders fear bigger problems ahead, and they're taking sides with a Democratic president whose health care and regulatory agenda they have vigorously opposed.

President Barack Obama is embracing the business outreach, eager to employ groups like the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and Wall Street CEOs to portray House Republicans as out of touch even with their long-established corporate and financial patrons.

Yet, the partial closing of the government and the looming confrontation over the nation's borrowing limit highlight the remarkable drop in the business community's influence among House Republicans, who increasingly respond more to tea party conservatives than to the Chamber of Commerce.

On Wednesday, Obama is hosting chief executives from the nation's 19 biggest financial firms. Moreover, the Chamber of Commerce has sent a letter to Congress signed by about 250 business groups urging no shutdown and warning against a debt ceiling crisis that they say could lead to an economically disastrous default.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/with-tradit...

"There is an element of the more independent, tea party coalition Republicans that, frankly, don't listen to very many people," said John Engler, the former Republican governor of Michigan and now president of the Business Roundtable, one of the groups that signed the chamber letter. "They are on a mission, often defined on the basis of their view of the world, and they aren't paying very much attention to what this means beyond maybe their own districts."

Concerned, the Chamber of Commerce is preparing to participate in political primaries, protecting friendly lawmakers from conservative challengers. "Clearly we're getting to a point where we need a Congress that's going to be productive, proactive and create a stable environment for economic growth and job creation," said Scott Reed, a Republican political consultant who is advising the chamber on its strategy.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#993816 Oct 2, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just one clarification, if I may. Jesus correctly was a Jew, but his father was neither black nor white. Pretty sure the God of the universe can pull off one immaculate conception. There's no particular color involved in the spirit realm.
(Just hope the secularists don't freak out now. They seem to think they're being forced to believe something just because millions of others do. Makes them very angry for some reason.)
Genesis 1:27
So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

Are you saying Adam was black? Heretic!

Orlando, FL

#993817 Oct 2, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
See? This is exactly why you liberals have lost your ever lovin' minds and why this president thinks fellow Americans who oppose his radical liberalism are more of a threat than the real enemy.
Inciting violence against the government? Are you just plain nuts?
Every Tea Party rally in every city and in every town across the country couldn't have been more orderly and respectful in their descent.
It was four liberal thugs who beat up a black Republican at one of those rallies who incited the only violence.
Get a frikkin' grip. You and your fellow crazy loons are really starting to scare me.
"dissent"...please excuse my haste for misspelling this word in context, Professor leosnana.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#993818 Oct 2, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Grayson doesn't care about anyone. He is another democrat who wanted the shut down to raise money. Filthy democrats.
http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/02/grayson-jee...
but seems he's not an alcoholic like the tea party crowd.

they better hope that the DC AA meetings haven't been shut down.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Rogue Scholar 05 181,720
Deat Abby 12-16 6 min Mister Tonka 61
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 15 min Le Duped 3
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 37 min PEllen 98,832
CHICAGO BEARS ARE SHYT. Boycott them 51 min Sublime1 21
Abby 12-18 51 min RACE 2
Amy 12-18 1 hr RACE 2
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info