Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#993648 Oct 1, 2013
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't Obama from Chicago? I wonder why he never goes there for vacation?
Obama is from Hawaii and he vacations there frequently.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#993649 Oct 1, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
They didn't give Congress a massive subsidy. They merely let them retain all the benefits of their employment package.
The exchanges will help those who need it and THEY will be more than happy to have coverage....any coverage.
The working people will be paying for those who don't work-just like they do now.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#993650 Oct 1, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine there will be some who exempt themselves. The IRS will never be able to stay on top of verifying over 300 million people - much less follow through with the penalties.
Many of the same people who just go to the ER will continue to do so. Will they be turned away without insurance under Obamacare?
I wonder if the IRS will be looking at political party when they decide who to verify?

Location hidden

#993651 Oct 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure it can, with respect to Congress and their staff...they are not union members and have no contract...
They may not have a "contract" but they do have a legally binding benefit agreement.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#993652 Oct 1, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is from Hawaii and he vacations there frequently.
But he was a senator from Illinois.

Location hidden

#993653 Oct 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! I wish I could call you retarded.
But you're not that smart son!
He suffers from full-fledged cretinism.

Location hidden

#993654 Oct 1, 2013
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
The working people will be paying for those who don't work-just like they do now.
The working people have always paid for those who don't. Who do you think has been picking up the tab for their health care all these years? Santa Claus?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#993655 Oct 1, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
He suffers from full-fledged cretinism.
I wonder if ACA covers his preexisting condition?
Congress is the joke

Bethlehem, PA

#993656 Oct 1, 2013
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
This whole healthcare thing is not to give people free healthcare. It's to make healthcare affordable! Do you understand that? Congress knows that, and they too would have to help people to afford healthcare, and they know that too. What they want is that Obama care doesn't have his name stamped on it. They want to take the reins from out under the president so they can later take credit for giving it back to the people; only it won't be called "Obama care" anymore. Republicans want a Republican to win the next election so it's crucial for them to bash Obama and make him look as bad as they can. Also, how despicable of Congress to get paid thousands of dollars each week while more then 80,000 government workers will not have a paycheck. They go on national TV boasting they'll give there's to charity and/or that the government workers will be reciprocated for their lost paychecks. Yeah right. All the Republicans are proving to me is how greedy and self serving they really are. They care nothing for the average working Americans and obviously even less for the poor and working poor. Politicians receive some of the best healthcare in the world, while they would blindly and gladly deny anyone else having it. Again, I'm talking about affordable healthcare, not freebies to the masses, but there will always be a segment of our society that cannot afford it and it has been that way since insurance first existed. Greed, indifference and power, are always at the center of these arguments and disagreements and it can hurt so many.

Location hidden

#993657 Oct 1, 2013
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
But he was a senator from Illinois.
Illinois was where he lived. Not necessarily the place he called "home".
GIVE US A KISS

Florence, OR

#993658 Oct 1, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Well, I'm going to be busy tomorrow emailing Republicans in the House to tell them to PLEASE give Democrats the darn thing once and for all. It's not their fault and no one will blame them.
It's time to let them own it. They're relishing the shutdown far too much. And the next two elections are the only hope we have for the future. Let Obamacare decide both.
It will have to get real bad for this nonsense to end. Better to bite the bullet and get it over with and focus on the debt ceiling coming up soon. A fight they can easily win if the Democrats are put on the defensive again about Obamacare with no one to blame anymore.
Don't you have a double-wide to decorate, you filthy bag of passive/aggressive lard?
Congress is the joke

Bethlehem, PA

#993659 Oct 1, 2013
ETA: there's should be theirs.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#993660 Oct 1, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The working people have always paid for those who don't. Who do you think has been picking up the tab for their health care all these years? Santa Claus?
So Obamacare changes nothing.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#993662 Oct 1, 2013
Congress is the joke wrote:
<quoted text>
This whole healthcare thing is not to give people free healthcare. It's to make healthcare affordable! Do you understand that? Congress knows that, and they too would have to help people to afford healthcare, and they know that too. What they want is that Obama care doesn't have his name stamped on it. They want to take the reins from out under the president so they can later take credit for giving it back to the people; only it won't be called "Obama care" anymore. Republicans want a Republican to win the next election so it's crucial for them to bash Obama and make him look as bad as they can. Also, how despicable of Congress to get paid thousands of dollars each week while more then 80,000 government workers will not have a paycheck. They go on national TV boasting they'll give there's to charity and/or that the government workers will be reciprocated for their lost paychecks. Yeah right. All the Republicans are proving to me is how greedy and self serving they really are. They care nothing for the average working Americans and obviously even less for the poor and working poor. Politicians receive some of the best healthcare in the world, while they would blindly and gladly deny anyone else having it. Again, I'm talking about affordable healthcare, not freebies to the masses, but there will always be a segment of our society that cannot afford it and it has been that way since insurance first existed. Greed, indifference and power, are always at the center of these arguments and disagreements and it can hurt so many.
"This whole healthcare thing is not to give people free healthcare. It's to make healthcare affordable!"

Affordable for whom? Not me, my costs have gone up, my deductibles have gone up, and my copays have gone up. For many people, their jobs have been reduced from full-time to part-time, resulting in their health care benefits being cut. Of course, those who are unemployed will have their premiums paid by the government-just like they are now, and those that are illegal will use and abuse the system and not pay a dime.

"Congress knows that, and they too would have to help people to afford healthcare, and they know that too."

Are they going to play by the same rules that everyone else has to play by? Or are they getting exceptions that should be given to those that truly need financial help?

The rest of your post is a bunch of BS and isn't worth addressing.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#993663 Oct 1, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Illinois was where he lived. Not necessarily the place he called "home".
Why would he become a senator of Illinois if he didn't consider it "home"?
brown eyes

Blacksburg, VA

#993664 Oct 2, 2013
Republicans are like rats abandoning a ship taking on water. Pulling their hair out. Full steam ahead Democrats. The government shut down when they put Tea Baggers in office.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#993667 Oct 2, 2013
Time to paint ourselves as the Indians of 1773 and run down to the voting booths this 2014 and cast out the Tea. Out unto the waters of political oblivion. Republicans of sound mind and integrity will help us in that endeavor.
Senator Susan Collins {R Traditionalist} of Main,“finds it baffling that it’s a small minority of our caucus, that is holding up going to conference, when our party for years, has argued that we need to have a budget. Without a House conference we can’t possibly complete action on it.”
Senator Marco Rubio {R Tea Party} of Florida argues that we should continue to support the ideology that ONE Senator can have the power to hold the USA Hostage and Ransom it off to what that Senator desires.
Democrats counter with the need of raising the debt ceiling to cover the cost of the Congresses’ expenditures. Republicans inability to produce a bill for a budget, mandates this process of hand to mouth budgeting scenarios. Ideologies of the Tea Party pirates lurking in the shadows .“Our Way Or The Highway reverberating through our Congressional Sacred Hallways.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Nov 11

United States

#993668 Oct 2, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
Welcome, leftist phags!! Its a great day in America, because the federal government has been shut down (and nobody cares)!! There has been nary a hiccup, proving the Conservatives main point that the fed is bloated and out of control. Now that fact has been proven, its time to take the necessary steps to shrink it by a requisite 50%.

Don't worry though; we'll keep this room open for you to cry and hold hands........
OH MY GOD!!!

It will be worst than the sequester!!!

The sequester was the end of the world, said the Liberals!!!

The government shutdown is the end of the galaxy!!!

Just as Democrats predicted after the sequester, "there will be people begging for food in the streets"!!!

I see them begging alright, for drugs no for food stamps, LOL !!!

United States

#993669 Oct 2, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
Welcome, leftist phags!! Its a great day in America, because the federal government has been shut down (and nobody cares)!! There has been nary a hiccup, proving the Conservatives main point that the fed is bloated and out of control. Now that fact has been proven, its time to take the necessary steps to shrink it by a requisite 50%.

Don't worry though; we'll keep this room open for you to cry and hold hands........
You mean the government can no control Liberals anymore?

What then are they going to do?

United States

#993670 Oct 2, 2013
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>"This whole healthcare thing is not to give people free healthcare. It's to make healthcare affordable!"

Affordable for whom? Not me, my costs have gone up, my deductibles have gone up, and my copays have gone up. For many people, their jobs have been reduced from full-time to part-time, resulting in their health care benefits being cut. Of course, those who are unemployed will have their premiums paid by the government-just like they are now, and those that are illegal will use and abuse the system and not pay a dime.

"Congress knows that, and they too would have to help people to afford healthcare, and they know that too."

Are they going to play by the same rules that everyone else has to play by? Or are they getting exceptions that should be given to those that truly need financial help?

The rest of your post is a bunch of BS and isn't worth addressing.
Liberal: Now I have "FREE" healthcare from work!"

Conservative: Are you working?

Liberal: Nope, I got layoff. My employer could no afford the healthcare.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 21 min Earthling-1 46,745
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Scrutiny 178,115
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr D-U-H 49,883
hy 3 hr badstuber 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr James 68,516
Word (Dec '08) 5 hr andet1987 4,726
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr Mister Tonka 98,239
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••