Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Read more
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#993118 Oct 1, 2013
It's amazing that 200 or so idiots in Congress can go against the will of the people and shut down the government.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#993119 Oct 1, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>So if a state says a person has to be married or have children of make a certain amount of money, you will just roll over and do whatever your state says?
Homer wishes we were once again the land of the free.
"PA’s Voter ID law requires all voters to present photo ID when voting at the polls, but those photo ID requirements are NOT currently in effect."
fck em
Homer "red herrings" don't work. Only photo ID's work. It protects your vote.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#993120 Oct 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Certainly if people voting as others is that popular, there would be reports of people asking for ballots that were already taken & voted. Were are those? How many were they?
Voters may always be asked for ID. Do these people carry multiple IDs?
But hey, you are saying that we should make 11-12% of eligible voters jump through a hoop because you THINK there is voter fraud? Alienating millions of voters?
Would you take Chemo just in case you had a tumor?
But hey, you admitted there are no statistics. There is no proof.
This is no different than a poll tax that you give an exemption to licensed drivers.
Don't forget to bring a photo ID to the polls if you want to vote, idiot.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#993121 Oct 1, 2013
flack wrote:
About the above post I have two questions. She gets a subsidy of $1434 right. Say she is typical of 20% of the population. How much is that going to cost the federal government a year?
She has to pay $144 a month on a $13 an hour part time job. After all her other expenses what does she have left. Guess she just won't eat. Much.
By my math it would be $88,908,000,000. That is 20% of the population.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#993122 Oct 1, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i waited less than a 1/2 hour.
i waited with my wife yesterday at the cardiologist for 3 hours.
Most rightwingers are still on dial up. They fear any 'new' technology/

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#993123 Oct 1, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
gfy shorty
Someone who worked and made all the sacrifices to be admitted to Harvard was denied so some communist supposedly named Obama with connections high in the Communist Party USA could get another fraudulent line in their fraudulent resume.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#993124 Oct 1, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
1/2 an hour!!! The systems failing! It's failing! The sky is falling! Help! Help!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#993125 Oct 1, 2013
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Homer "red herrings" don't work. Only photo ID's work. It protects your vote.
As long as machines tabulate the vote, nothing is 'protecting' my vote.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#993126 Oct 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The dollar strengthens & weakens against other currencies.
This affects pricing between countries.
If we import steel from Germany & the exchange rates remain the same, there is no effect in pricing.
If the dollar weakens against the Euro, then that German steel becomes more expensive to buy with US dollars & US goods become cheaper in Germany.
So comparing currency exchanges is the key.
The dollar strengthens and weakens against what it can procure, you ignorant moron. An ear of corn doesn't change. The only thing that changes is the number of dollars needed to procure that unchanging ear of corn, idiot.
That ear of corn costs twice as many dollars today as it did before Obama took office, dupe.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#993127 Oct 1, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone who worked and made all the sacrifices to be admitted to Harvard was denied so some communist supposedly named Obama with connections high in the Communist Party USA could get another fraudulent line in their fraudulent resume.
"An organizer ... does not have a fixed truth. Truth to him is relative and changing." - Saul Alinsky
Sounds like this applies to Obama's fraudulent resume, doesn't it?... and everything else we are told to believe about Obama, too.
lol! Then it's your duty to do something about it son.

So...... what are you doing? Besides making claims as usual?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#993128 Oct 1, 2013
I guess the other question is if the Senate doesn't give in to the hostage takers, how long will they hold out?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#993129 Oct 1, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
I just tried again, still busy. I'll wait.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#993130 Oct 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Remember when Mary Matalins garage was stacked to the ceiling with that trash book Obamanation? They go and buy the book in bulk to inflate the figures. In a month they're on sale in the dollar pile at the used book store.
Lois/Carol silently sneaks out and closes the blinds on her garage windows.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#993131 Oct 1, 2013
Homer wrote:
It's amazing that 200 or so idiots in Congress can go against the will of the people and shut down the government.
The teabaggers are total swine.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#993132 Oct 1, 2013
<quoted text>
The young Florida woman who fired a warning shot into a wall to scare off her abusive husband was found guilty and sent to prison for 20 years. She's getting a new trial.
New trial ordered for Florida woman in warning-shot case
By Jason Hanna, CNN
updated 4:59 PM EDT, Fri September 27, 2013
CNN)-- An appellate court on Thursday ordered a new trial for a Florida woman who was sentenced to 20 years in prison for firing a gun to scare off her allegedly abusive husband, ruling that a jury was improperly instructed on self-defense.
Marissa Alexander's case will be retried because the jury was wrongly told that -- for her to claim self-defense -- she needed to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that her husband was about to seriously harm her, the appellate court said.
Rather, the appellate court pointed out, the prosecution had the burden to prove that Alexander herself was guilty of aggravated assault.
"Because the jury instructions on self-defense were fundamental error, we reverse" the conviction, a three-judge appellate panel said.
Watch this video
2012:'Stand your ground' plea rejected
A jury convicted Alexander, 31, of aggravated assault in March 2012 after just 12 minutes of deliberation.
Alexander's lawyer said he told her about the new trial by phone.
"Marissa was ecstatic and obviously she's incredibly thankful and wants to get back with her family," defense attorney Bruce Zimet told CNN.
'Stand your ground' denied in Alexander case
http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/26/justice/florida...
Yeah, the problem with this one is she went back.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#993133 Oct 1, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Most rightwingers are still on dial up. They fear any 'new' technology/
no wonder they never use Google.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#993134 Oct 1, 2013
Eman wrote:
The real reason healthcare.gov is having capacity issues...its running on one server
"HHS had similar strategic plans for the new site, at least at first. "They were planning 32 servers, between staging, production and disaster recovery, with application servers for different environments," said Cole. "You're just talking about content. There just needs to be one server. We're going to have two, with one for backup. That's a deduction of 30 servers.""
1 server with a back up server, very efficient and cost effective.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#993135 Oct 1, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone who could have offered innovative products or techniques was denied because another stupid loser American man had to buy a bride from Russia fer krissakes. Go back and take her with ya.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#993136 Oct 1, 2013
WOW wrote:
You know the just deal switch the name to Obama Aside from critical responsibilities, such as negotiating a peace deal with jailed Kurdistan Workers’ Party leader Abdullah Öcalan, and helping to direct relations with Turkey’s regional competitors, Iran and Israel, some observers have alleged the agency is helping provide assistance to rebels in Syria who are fighting to oust President Bashar al-Assad’s regime. AKP representatives vigorously deny the organization is involved in such activities.
M&#304;T’s 45-year-old director, Hakan Fidan, in office since 2010, has become an especially valuable ally of Erdo&#287;an, commented Emrullah Uslu, a Turkish security expert at Istanbul’s Yeditepe University. Once termed by the prime minister as “my secret-keeper,” Fidan, a former non-commissioned army officer who previously held a civil-service post in Erdo&#287;an’s office, is not known to be loyal to any source of power apart from the prime minister himself.
M&#304;T's rise, and that of its chief, has corresponded with the decline in power of Turkey's other intelligence agencies, which have connections to the armed forces, the police and gendarmerie. That decline paralleled Erdo&#287;an’s clampdown on the Turkish military’s political influence.
The limits to M&#304;T's powers are not clearly defined. Under a draft law under consideration earlier this year, for example, the agency would be able to conduct covert operations and request information not only from government bodies, but also from "establishments providing public services."
Some observers fear that, given its status and powers, the agency could become the tool that the prime minister could potentially use to squash legitimate internal dissent, ranging from Gezi Park protesters to followers of the influential Sunni cleric Fetullah Gülen, a onetime ally who is now seen as a critic of the prime minister’s centralized style of rule.
For its part, M&#304;T maintains on its website that it is “firmly devoted to the principles of pluralist democracy, supremacy of law, impartiality and human rights.”
Despite the change in status among Turkish intelligence entities, inter-agency rivalries continue. "It does get very complicated domestically,” commented Gareth Jenkins, a senior associate fellow with the Central Asia-Caucasus Institute & Silk Road Studies Program Joint Center in Washington, DC.
In the past, he added,“two or three organizations” even have ended up running surveillance operations on the “the same subject.”
Nobody here believes Obama has anything to do with government, and he doesn't have a clue what is happening. Vallerie Jarrett is the real president. Obama is just a cardboard cutout of a commercial to make it look like someone's actually president. He's a complete fraud. He's a college dropout from Occidental who never attended classes at Columbia and had the connections in the Communist Party USA to get admitted to Harvard.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#993137 Oct 1, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget to bring a photo ID to the polls if you want to vote, idiot.
No shot.

PA’s Voter ID law requires all voters to present photo ID when voting at the polls, but those photo ID requirements are NOT currently in effect.

NOT currently in effect.

We still live in America, the land of the free.

GFY

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr litesong 52,284
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr GayleWood 51,861
News Test Drive: 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid Review (Jan '09) 4 hr ImmaGetMeSome 5
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr JRB 185,851
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 10 hr Red_Forman 823
Abby 3-28-15 13 hr RACE 2
Ask Amy 3-28-15 13 hr RACE 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 14 hr Katie Sullivan 99,302
Amy 3-26 15 hr RACE 60
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]