Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#992768 Sep 30, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been singing the same dumb song since this thread started.
He was re-elected. You seem to have no concept of what that meant.
Give it up.
A lot of us said after we became a parallel universe in 2012...because there's no way Obama could have won in the real one...it's going to have to get really bad...

Well, now it is. It's about to start in less than 15 minutes.

Orlando, FL

#992769 Sep 30, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You smoke cigarettes.
Tel us again about some sense.
We should all light up and eat fried foods every single day. Better to get it over with. It's soon going to be like getting medical care in Bangladesh with a Walgreen's pharmacist diagnosing and treating chronic illnesses.

Bet you didn't know about that last part.

Seems nurses are also going to be playing doctor now. Hope you won't need an emergent lifesaving surgery or procedure. Surgeons are going to be scarce and backed up so far you might as well go to your local butcher shop and hope he knows human anatomy.

Orlando, FL

#992770 Sep 30, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I looked at those plans on our AZ State exchange. They are SO bad, you'd really have to be desperate to enroll in one.
Odumbocare was only designed for welfare slugs (and poorly at that). Most of them won't stay alive long, given the level of care they'll get....
Hope they've simplified the online exchange instructions. Even the liberal media said it was so lengthy and confusing, a lot of people were just going to give up.

How can anyone in their right mind possibly think this is a good thing?

It's like a scene from a Hitchcock movie. You keep waiting for the twist at the end - but this is it.

Orlando, FL

#992771 Sep 30, 2013
Someone said tonight that former President Clinton and Newt Gingrich talked in one day more than Obama has talked with republicans in 30 months.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#992772 Sep 30, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
omg
beyond right wing nutjobs who don't want pay their fair share, most people still file tax returns.
In a nutshell, liberals give dramatically less than conservatives, even though as a group they have 6% higher income on average than conservatives. And liberals are not privately charitable either, an argument that some liberals use to deflect what the hard numbers demonstrate. Conservatives give more because of their worldview, which centers around four forces as noted by Brooks: religion, skepticism about the government in economic life, strong families, and personal entrepreneurship.

Liberals give less because they believe charity consists mainly of government redistribution. And even if the government does not do what they think it should, they still won’t give. So the next time a liberal tells you they want their taxes to go up to help the needy, you should see it for what it truly is: their desire to appear compassionate in words because they are simply not compassionate in action. Ask them to write a check out to their local charity to alleviate poverty in their own city, and see just how much pushback you will get.

http://www.scientiamedia.com/...

Bozeman, MT

#992773 Sep 30, 2013
Barack Obama has ordered the federal government to shut down after the Senate killed a third bill by the House of Representatives that would fund the government and avert a shutdown, but also call for compromises to Obamacare.

Orlando, FL

#992774 Sep 30, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Time to sit back and let it play out...
Yep. At least Republicans can say they tried everything to stop it. The Democrats now have to defend it.

The government won't stay shut down very long. A few days is my guess.

But we're all finally going to see just how great this new law really is. The glitches signing up for the exchanges beginning tomorrow will cause the first panic. By Democrats, I mean.
Nat Turner

Angeles City, Philippines

#992775 Sep 30, 2013
Close it down and burn it down!

Orlando, FL

#992776 Sep 30, 2013
Well, anyway...

Nothing more to say but goodnight...until tomorrow.

Just one more thing. Is it me...or does it seem like Reid and Obama are salivating for the government to shut down to blame the GOP for their own unwillingness to compromise on such an important and far-reaching law with so many problems and inconsistencies?

Seems that way to me.

Bozeman, MT

#992782 Sep 30, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. At least Republicans can say they tried everything to stop it. The Democrats now have to defend it.
The government won't stay shut down very long. A few days is my guess.
But we're all finally going to see just how great this new law really is. The glitches signing up for the exchanges beginning tomorrow will cause the first panic. By Democrats, I mean.
Wait til the am (think many start at 5) when the left leaning media outlets start spewing the horror stories of a shut down caused by the evil GOP and ONLY the evil GOP.

Children will immediately start starving because public schools will only be able to serve 2 meals instead of 3 with a snack, planes will collide, trains will derail, and worst of all, the check WILL NOT be in the mail.

I predict our understaffed ER's will be overrun with anxiety attacks.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#992784 Sep 30, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"useless4ever"
If we furlouged president nobama America would prosper.
Peace
KMA
Con thinking... just furlough America!

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#992785 Sep 30, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
Barack Obama has ordered the federal government to shut down after the Senate killed a third bill by the House of Representatives that would fund the government and avert a shutdown, but also call for compromises to Obamacare.
It's too much power for such a little brain to deal with. Maybe somebody should offer him a brain expander. >:}
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#992786 Sep 30, 2013
Cons to America....

We won! We won!

Orlando, FL

#992788 Sep 30, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait til the am (think many start at 5) when the left leaning media outlets start spewing the horror stories of a shut down caused by the evil GOP and ONLY the evil GOP.
Children will immediately start starving because public schools will only be able to serve 2 meals instead of 3 with a snack, planes will collide, trains will derail, and worst of all, the check WILL NOT be in the mail.
I predict our understaffed ER's will be overrun with anxiety attacks.
That will definitely be the story. Not the monstrosity.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#992789 Sep 30, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Every person needs an ID unless they are ghetto, loser, criminal or have warrants...
It's the culture...
wow....

trying to put your gestapo manual to practice son?

You're 80 years too late!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#992790 Sep 30, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Both liberals and Neo-Nazi liberals opposed the Invasion of Iraq. Basically the Neo-Nazi liberals support any Arab country because they all oppose Israel and support exterminating the Jews you idiot...
It's the culture...
poor baby. so mad bushie boy lied....

... so now he lies!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#992792 Sep 30, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they are afraid. Very afraid. They lash out like cornered animals.
And the best part is, they did it to themselves!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#992794 Sep 30, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Radical zionists? Do you even know what you're typing, or are you just parroting your favorite lib talking head?
I swear, you so-called progressives are more afraid of conservative U.S. citizens than you are Islamic terrorists.
No. Only radicals son.

I think you people are afraid of anyone who isn't!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#992796 Sep 30, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
I hope Republicans will now tell the American people they did everything they could to get Reid and Obama to compromise on delaying it for a year and simply making exemptions fair across the board but both refused.
Then give them the darn thing, wait for Democrats to start crying when it blows up in their faces and defend it next year running against a Republican who said we tried to stop them but they wouldn't listen or budge an inch.
lol! I hope so so.

But I'm sure they'll whine and cry and complain as usual!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#992798 Sep 30, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The United States is not just "we", the liberal loons who'd kiss Obama's ass before admitting his policies are harming this country.
Some of us still have some sense.
So... you should be cheering the shutdown son.

It's what cons worked very, very hard for!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
It's the Gangs and Not the Police as Chicago's ... 31 min joey 2
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 48 min Earthling-1 49,176
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr JOEL 71,000
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Grau 68,881
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr Guru 181,755
Marcus Bachmann acts like a sissy 5 hr LOL 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 hr _Zoey_ 4,913
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago