Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 45,571)

Showing posts 911,401 - 911,420 of1,037,759
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Michelle

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
They have 150 navigators to explain obamacare to 3.5 million people. I'm sure it will be smooth sailing.
I wonder why they want the Navigators to speak Spanish? Can't medical identity theft be accomplished using just plain old English?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry booby but as a tax paying American I am part of the deal.
No, incorrect...unless Homer is one of the evil rich, because the top 2% of wage earners are stuck with the bill for ObamaKKKare.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Sure there's backlogs, I blame the Republicans. Both are sustainable don't believe the rightwing hype, they are just trying to get rid of both programs. As for the last part easy peasy
what do you blame democrats for?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Homer went from dirt poor to middle class so I am quite happy with my financial position and what I have accomplished to date, the 'next guy' happens to be my wife, who is female before all you closeted rightwingers start in so I'm just making sure she has more than enough in the event of my untimely death.
Of course if my death is untimely please for the love of God look to her as the main suspect.
Homer thinks that his wife will be so grief-stricken that she will never be interested in another man...
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
If your financial position is so limited at your age that you still need life insurance, Homer needs to get busy....but your life insurance will make the next guy happy.
Mrs. Homer says if he adds a couple thousand more in coverage it will give her the incentive she needs to speed up benefit collection.
Michelle

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Clinton was long gone, he was out of office in January, Bush would have been already brought up to speed by January, mor elikely even before then, when Clinton left office. It's common knowledge Bush ignore the report presented to him by the CIA.
Long gone after inflicting enough damage.

Clinton's unwillingness to remedy the problem of international terrorism. Much has been said and written about Clinton, but facts are facts, and the facts show that Clinton did not protect America from terrorism, in particular Osama bin Laden. Bin Laden explained the purpose of the group in an interview in May of 1997, he declared a jihad, a holy war, against the United States government because it is, according to him, unjust, criminal, and tyrannical.

Clinton was made painfully aware of the danger this group provided, but he did little to nothing to stifle its threats.

Al Qaeda was busy during the Clinton Administration; the group took responsibility for the attack on the World Trade Center in 1993, the bombing of the U.S.S. Cole, the attacks on two U.S. military barracks in Saudi Arabia, the bombing of two U.S. Embassies in Africa, and the attacks on United States soldiers in Somalia.

Throughout these attacks, Clinton did nothing to protect America or her citizens; in fact he sabotaged America's ability to protect herself. Clinton incapacitated America by weakening the counter-terror organizations, overusing diplomacy, and simply ignoring the problem of international terrorism.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're incorrect, it was Clinton who was informed about Al qaeda hijacking planes and did nothing about it. That's how al qaeda received flying lessons during his term.
You're wrong__during the NYPD/FBI "blind cleric" investigation it was learned that terrorists had various talking stages plans, one of which, was to use heavy aircraft as missiles hitting landmark American buildings.

The NYT published a lengthy feature which detailed the more doable plans in 1995/6. Point is that many interested Americans knew about aircraft as missiles well before 9/11 and it was inexcusable that government agencies such as the FBI didn't take that threat more seriously. Particularly for, in the end, it was incredibly easy.

Much easier than poisoning water supplies, blowing up nuke plants etc.

Condi Rice asked "how could we have known?'

Hmmph__how could the NSA have not known?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
Homer looking forward to complete implementation of Healthcare Reform, then we can stand proud as a nation knowing we are taking care of each and everyone of our fellow citizens.
Gee, Homer, why don't you just wear a beanie on your head? At least everyone will know what they're dealing with before you open your mouth.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Clinton was long gone, he was out of office in January, Bush would have been already brought up to speed by January, mor elikely even before then, when Clinton left office. It's common knowledge Bush ignore the report presented to him by the CIA.
Ask the Roman Emperors about coming into power and dealing with the remnants of the previous regime...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
No, incorrect...unless Homer is one of the evil rich, because the top 2% of wage earners are stuck with the bill for ObamaKKKare.
Why do you call them evil? Although it's true to become that rich you do need to break some laws, ruin some lives. Okay I do see your point about them being evil.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Homer thinks that his wife will be so grief-stricken that she will never be interested in another man...
I disagree.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
Mrs. Homer says if he adds a couple thousand more in coverage it will give her the incentive she needs to speed up benefit collection.
That thought enters my mind every night just as my head hits the pillow.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Florida will be just fine with DaBammyCare__there is all sorts of interest among folks who've never been exposed to the benefits of health insurance.
Florida Blue Cross and Aetna are spending enormous sums on TV advertising__Blue Cross is even advertising on the radio.
Does the advertising tell prospective customers that the networks are not the same as for real Blue Cross and real Aetna?

Does the advertising make clear the deductibles and copays that go along with the premiums?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Michelle wrote:
<quoted text>Long gone after inflicting enough damage.
Clinton's unwillingness to remedy the problem of international terrorism. Much has been said and written about Clinton, but facts are facts, and the facts show that Clinton did not protect America from terrorism, in particular Osama bin Laden. Bin Laden explained the purpose of the group in an interview in May of 1997, he declared a jihad, a holy war, against the United States government because it is, according to him, unjust, criminal, and tyrannical.
Clinton was made painfully aware of the danger this group provided, but he did little to nothing to stifle its threats.
Al Qaeda was busy during the Clinton Administration; the group took responsibility for the attack on the World Trade Center in 1993, the bombing of the U.S.S. Cole, the attacks on two U.S. military barracks in Saudi Arabia, the bombing of two U.S. Embassies in Africa, and the attacks on United States soldiers in Somalia.
Throughout these attacks, Clinton did nothing to protect America or her citizens; in fact he sabotaged America's ability to protect herself. Clinton incapacitated America by weakening the counter-terror organizations, overusing diplomacy, and simply ignoring the problem of international terrorism.
Bush bears/bares all of the responsibility for 9/11, most sane people recognize that, rightwing idiots not so much.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>So is Palm Springs and other desert towns.
The last time I was in Phoenix it was so fkn hot that healthy people were having breathing problems.
Lake Havasu is even hotter, and unlike Palm Springs and Phoenix, there is absolutely nothing of interest in Lake Havasu.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask the Roman Emperors about coming into power and dealing with the remnants of the previous regime...
So finally you recognize the pile of sh%t left behind by Bush. Thank you!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>A-Bomb Hah, LMAO. Obviously you have zero clue as to the ACA.
BTW there are only 150 navigators in the state of FL babe about half are bilingual. Refresh all our memories about how many you claimed there would be and how much they'd be paid.
I can't even begin to describe how clueless you are about what this new tax law is doing to our economy already and what it's going to do in the years to come.

Or how Congress and the elite are exempt from it and dining on Cadillac coverage at our expense but, we, the peasants, are forced to swallow it whether we like it or not.

After January 1, I want you to open wide, Realtime, and take the biggest bite so I can watch you try to choke it down.

And here you're thinking you're going to eat steak.

Sad and unbelievable at the same time.
Michelle

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Clinton disrupted the counter-terror organizations' ability to protect America on many different levels.

It seems he kept a few words handy when dealing with armed forces, Central Intelligence Agency, and Federal Bureau of Investigation: under-funding, over-politicization, and compromise.

Clinton dangerously weakened the armed forces. He kept them under-funded and over-politicized at the same time as spreading them thinner than any president had ever done before.

To keep his liberal, special interest constituents happy, Clinton made sure the armed forces, the Army in particular, was bogged down with political correctness.

Clinton instituted a stress card system in boot camp. In this system, if a recruit was stressed he or she could flash a yellow card to the Drill Sergeant and would be exempt from the exercise.

How will a soldier be able to stop terrorists if they can wimp through boot camp?

President Clinton lowered the level of Special Forces training so that more women could join.

At the same time as weakening the Army, he spread it out all over the world. He used the Army in South America, the Near East, Africa, the Middle East, and Oceania. His use, or rather misuse, of the armed forces was both dangerous and ineffective.

The Central Intelligence Agency suffered greatly under Clinton. According to CIA agent Robert Baer, by the mid-1990s, the CIAĠs headquarters throughout the world lacked the officers to go after the rising epidemic of radical Islam.

Clinton often ignored the CIAĠs advice, he considered them irrelevant. The CIA warned Clinton that without proper funding, it could not properly supply the White House with current, honest intelligence. Clinton responded by disregarding the CIAĠs request for more funding.

It was the Federal Bureau of Investigation agent John O'Neil that first connected Osama bin Laden to the rise in Islamic radicalism, specifically the terrorist actions of Muslims.

O'Neil told officials in 1997, When bin Laden, speaks we have to listen. They have the capability to strike American soil any time they choose.

Then on September 10, 2001, O'Neil said,

It's going to happen. And it looks like something big is brewing.

O’Neil made a career of tracking bin Laden and predicting his actions, he informed the White House that bin Laden is the center of activity and that he controls the actions of millions of followers.

The White House, starting with President George H. W. Bush and peaking with President Clinton, neglected his warnings.

The one time President Clinton did use military might, it was hastily done.

Clinton had ordered the bombing of Afghanistan and Sudan to take attention away from the Monica Lewinsky scandal.

O'Neil, and a few others in a tight circle of national security insiders, knew Clinton was working with intelligence that was more than a year old.

O'Neil felt that if Clinton was going to use the information, he should have used it when he got it, not when it was politically helpful.

Clinton did not even notify the Director the FBI of the attacks. Clinton also didn't notify the FBI or CIA agents that were in those countries; they were essentially left in two heavily bin Laden sympathizing nations wearing FBI coats.

A total of 75 Tomahawk Cruise Missiles were fired, Afghani terrorist camps and a Sudanese VX manufacturing plant were the targets. The VX plant turned out to be an aspirin plant, the only casualties were Sudanese civilians.

And time proved Clinton wrong with his attacks in Afghanistan. All the terrorist training camps survived well enough to train Mohammed Atta, the suspected ring-leader of the high-jackers on September 11th.
Michelle

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Bush bears/bares all of the responsibility for 9/11, most sane people recognize that, rightwing idiots not so much.
No man caused the attacks of September 11th more than bin Laden himself, but it was President Clinton that allowed those attacks to happen.

Bill Clinton systematically turned the counter-terror organizations to a politically correct automaton of his pacifistic, anti-military beliefs. It is this attitude of his that allowed bin Laden to kill almost 3,000 Americans in one day.

Clinton also relied too heavily on diplomacy when military intervention would have been safer, more methodical, and more complete.

Finally, Clinton disregarded the warnings of the CIA and the FBI.

He continued his pattern of ignoring America's best interest by refusing to imprison bin Laden. It was Clinton that allowed the tragedy to happen, and now he has the death of 3,000 Americans on his conscience (if he had one).
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

If you are sick...

"New Jersey’s Disappearing Doctors"

http://www.my9nj.com/story/23536849/new-jerse...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 911,401 - 911,420 of1,037,759
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]