Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#992457 Sep 30, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>His point which you missed as you usually miss most people's points is the the electoral college has never gone against the voter's of each state to change the outcome of a presidential election.
Individual electors (157 of them) have cast their votes contrary to their pledged positions, but none changed the outcome of the election.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#992458 Sep 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Both WWII and the Vietnam war had a tax levied to help pay for them.
Republicans under Bush voted to expand medicare with the drug benefit -unfunded.
Obamacare saves money in the Medicare program,.
Adam, you really need to get better informed.
You must not be in the health care industry thats why you talk out of your A$$ ok illegal entrants have been taken care of for years so this constant denial of healthcare is because the services are not available and all the obamacare in the world cant buy water in the desert if the hospitals and Workers are not there they will not get the service hospitals are being downsized so your garbage agenda is just that all thats important is the Name obamacare but like they said wait until you see whats in it suckers
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#992459 Sep 30, 2013
Poor flack....

... so lost.

“For God & Country”

Since: Aug 13

The Promised Land Illinois

#992460 Sep 30, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because MOST people don't need Obamacare you dumbass. Its for the 30 million uncovered and those people that the insurance companies have thrown under the bus.
Obamacare is really exposing the ignorance of you right wing morons.
To be honest I am going to be 45 in a few days. My entire life I have just over 2 years of not having insurance. The time frame between high school and the Military, I have had it ever since then.
It is called Champus Tri-Care Primary, and my insurance is accepted everywhere.
To be honest I am jaded.
I have never known life without insurance. The same cannot be said about my brothers and sisters.
This I do know The ACA aka Obama Care it is inevitable but someone will fall through the cracks. They always do and always will.

Life Sucks and we move on.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#992461 Sep 30, 2013
and republicans kill granny!

Q1: If you knew a woman who was pregnant, who had 8 kids
already, three who were deaf, two who were blind, one mentally
retarded, and she had syphilis; would you recommend that she have
an abortion?
Read the next question before scrolling down to the answer of
this one.
Q2: It is time to elect the world leader, and your vote
counts.
Here are the facts about the three leading candidates:

Candidate A

Associates with crooked politicians, and consults with
astrologists. He's had two mistresses. He also chain smokes and
drinks 8 to 10 martinis a day.

Candidate B

He was kicked out of office twice, sleeps until noon, used opium
in college and drinks a quart of whiskey every evening.

Candidate C

He is a decorated war hero. He's a vegetarian, doesn't smoke,
drinks an occasional beer and hasn't had any extramarital
affairs.

Which of these candidates would be your choice?
Decide first, then scroll down for the answer.

Candidate A is Franklin D. Roosevelt
Candidate B is Winston Churchill
Candidate C is Adolph Hitler
.....and by the way:
Answer to the abortion question - if you said yes, you just
killed Beethoven.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#992462 Sep 30, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
so you are under 100K and a minority? Or are you married to a minority?
Do you see how Stupid Homor is he got a Kenyan in the whitehouse and they are still crying that shows you how stupid you are Homor no change still crying about racism they really dont even know why they are crying anymore its just the thing to do blacks been had power they hide it from you dummies by hiring white face plates dumb ghetto dunce thats why you have the president you dreamed about and you still got nuttin

“For God & Country”

The Promised Land Illinois

#992463 Sep 30, 2013
I am more interested in the government shutting down tonight.

Do you think it will happen?

If so how many days will it take for them to run out of money?

Do you really think it will hurt the US Government?
I Don't
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#992464 Sep 30, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Bob Woodward accused Republicans in Congress of "blackmail" on Monday's "Morning Joe."
"Let's call it what it is, they are trying to blackmail the president and say,'Look, we're going to shut down the government or default on our debt unless you -- we go back, rewind the clock, on Obamacare and delay it or somehow cut off the funding," he said. "You can't govern that way. It will not work. It will be exposed."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/30/bob-...
so what?

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#992465 Sep 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
If you look at those who do not currently have a photo ID, a good proportion are poor. The poor is disproportionately Black (Democratic voters).
Republican leaders n PA admitted that the voter ID law favors Republicans.
The law may apply to all but t really only affects those without photo ID.
I don't see them bitching that it's discriminatory when they have to show a photo ID when applying at any apartment housing complex in America. ALL housing managers require that now, but apparently it's only unreasonable when it applies to the poor voting. Right, got it. I don't see a one time fee every 8 years for a photo I.D. or driver's license being a hardship for ANY poor American. Their phone and food is free, so wtf is so bad about proving they're legal to vote unless it's because they are up to something? IOWs, "Please turn a blind eye to my activities because I'm poor
I'm poor now and I have absolutely no problem with continuing to purchase an I.D. I don't find it insulting in the least.

It's funny how this was not a major issue until we had a president who managed to have so very many people vote multiple times for him. It's not a racial issue when a white guy gets illegal votes but when a black guy does all of a sudden his partners in crime claim discrimination when they get caught.

The race card makes cowards of civil people and they end up getting shafted for bending over to it.
Nat Turner

Angeles City, Philippines

#992466 Sep 30, 2013
Dracula, Frankenstien and the Wolf Man are all real life white crackers! This is how white people live!

Bozeman, MT

#992467 Sep 30, 2013
Bob Woodward: Obama’s absence in shutdown talks ‘a baffling element’

In a break with conventional political wisdom, Washington Post reporter Bob Woodward says that President Obama’s avoidance of talks to avert a potential government shutdown is “baffling” and could hurt him politically.

“He said he will not negotiate on the debt ceiling — a reasonable position,‘I will not be blackmailed,’ he said. But he should be talking, they should be meeting and they should be discussing this because as I think Steve Rattner showed earlier, the America economy is at stake and the president, if there is a downturn or a collapse or whatever could happen here that’s bad it’s going to be on his head,” Woodward said on Monday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.”

Woodward argues that history would judge Obama harshly if a shutdown occurs.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/30/bob-woodwar...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#992468 Sep 30, 2013
flack wrote:
Separation
John S. Carlile, a leader during the First Wheeling Convention
In Richmond on April 17, 1861, the 49 delegates from the future state of West Virginia voted 17 in favor of the Ordinance of Secession which provided for Virginia's secession from the Union, 30 voted against,[3] and two of those delegates abstained.[4] Almost immediately after the adoption of the ordinance a mass meeting at Clarksburg recommended that each county in north-western Virginia send delegates to a convention to meet in Wheeling on May 13, 1861.
When the First Wheeling Convention met, four hundred and twenty-five delegates from twenty-five counties were present, but soon there was a division of sentiment. Some delegates favored the immediate formation of a new state, while others argued that, as Virginia's secession had not yet been ratified or become effective, such action would constitute revolution against the United States.[5] It was decided that if the ordinance were adopted (of which there was little doubt) another convention including the members-elect of the legislature should meet at Wheeling in June.
At the election (May 23, 1861), secession was ratified by a large majority in the state as a whole. But, in the western counties that would form the state of West Virginia the vote was approximately 34,677 against and 19,121 for ratification of the Ordinance of Secession.
Counties (in green) Approving Virginia's Secession from the U.S.
The Second Wheeling Convention met as agreed on June 11 and adopted "A Declaration of the People of Virginia." The document, drafted by former state senator John S. Carlile, declared that since the Secession Convention had been called without the consent of the people, all its acts were illegal. It further declared the pro-secession government in Richmond void and called for a reorganization of the state government, taking the line that all who adhered to the Ordinance of Secession had effectively vacated their offices. An act for the reorganization of the government was passed on June 19. The next day Francis H. Pierpont was chosen governor of the "Restored Government of Virginia," other officers were elected and the convention adjourned. The legislature, composed of the members from the western counties who had been elected on May 23 and some of the holdover senators who had been elected in 1859, met at Wheeling on July 1, filled the remainder of the state offices, completed the reorganization of the state government and elected two United States senators who were recognized by Washington. There were, therefore, two governments claiming to represent all of Virginia, one owing allegiance to the United States and one to the Confederacy.
Article 4 Section 3 of the U.S. Constitution -

Section 3.

New states may be admitted by the Congress into this union; but no new states shall be formed or erected within the jurisdiction of any other state; nor any state be formed by the junction of two or more states, or parts of states, without the consent of the legislatures of the states concerned as well as of the Congress.

Doesn't matter what a bunch of country bumpkins want or did, we follow a Constitution here in the United States of America.

End of story.

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#992469 Sep 30, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> About the same % who wouldn't vote if their life depended on it. The people who wouldn't bother taking the trouble to get a photo ID is about the same as wouldn't bother to vote anyway. It's a false flag and you know it.
No false flag at all.

There will be some of those people who typically vote that will no longer vote.

Why?

Because you erected a hurdle.

Why did you erect that hurdle?

To get those people to no longer vote.

You f*cking idiots act like we get 100% turnout on elections. We don't.

Turnout is down when the weather is bad.

You know it.

So hey, lets make people without drivers licenses & certain photo IDs get this special ID that you can only get in these special places that are few & far between and You think that won't reduce the turnout.

You're either one dumb person or a liar trying to defend political games to win elections.

Put a photo station in ever polling place. A digital camera & a laptop is all that is needed. Send the photo to the state & get a photo ID for the next election.

Why aren't Republicans doing that?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#992470 Sep 30, 2013
The Senate rejected House Republicans' amendments to a government funding bill in a vote of 54 to 46 on Monday.

The Senate's vote to strip the provisions that would have delayed the Obama administration's healthcare reform law for one year and repealed the medical device tax means the House is once again in the spotlight on passing a bill that funds the government.

A simple majority was needed to defeat the bill.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/senate-...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#992471 Sep 30, 2013
With a government shutdown appearing imminent Monday, a Republican congressman expressed frustration with the conservative wing of his party.

"We're pretty much out of options at this point," Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA) said, as quoted by the Wall Street Journal.

"They're all giddy about it," he said in reference to Republicans most unwilling to compromise. "You know who benefits the most here from a shutdown? The Democrats benefit and they know that."

Rep. Tom Cole (R-OK) also admitted that Republicans will be damaged politically in the event of a government shutdown. Meanwhile, a poll released Monday showed that Americans will be more inclined to blame congressional Republicans for a shutdown than President Barack Obama.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/gop-rep...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#992472 Sep 30, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>So if state says only people with jobs making 100K per year or own their home that will fly eh?
The bottom line it's all about suppressing the right to vote.
The middle-aged pasty white male(Flack, Galt, etc.) is doing everything he can to maintain power in the face of ever increasing numbers of minorities in this country.
Incorrect.

We just want everyone to carry their own weight and not steal from others.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#992473 Sep 30, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
so what?
so winning by losing is the plan? haven't we had enough of Bush tactics?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#992474 Sep 30, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
so you are under 100K and a minority? Or are you married to a minority?
Earning less than $100K (being a drone) is a badge of honor on this thread.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#992475 Sep 30, 2013
flack wrote:
Coast Guard History
Military.com
The Coast Guard's official history began on 4 August 1790 when the first Congress authorized the construction of ten vessels to enforce federal tariff and trade laws and to prevent smuggling. Known variously through the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries as the Revenue Marine and the Revenue Cutter Service, the Coast Guard expanded in size and responsibilities as the nation grew.
The service received its present name in 1915 under an act of Congress that merged the Revenue Cutter Service with the Life-Saving Service, thereby providing the nation with a single maritime service dedicated to saving life at sea and enforcing the nation's maritime laws. The Coast Guard began to maintain the country's aids to maritime navigation, including operating the nation's lighthouses, when President Franklin Roosevelt ordered the transfer of the Lighthouse Service to the Coast Guard in 1939.
"
About Us

We started Military.com in 1999 to revolutionize the way the 30 million Americans with military affinity stay connected and informed. Today, we're the largest military and veteran membership organization — 10 million members strong.

Military.com 's free membership connects servicemembers, military families and veterans to all the benefits of service — government benefits, scholarships, discounts, lifelong friends, mentors, great stories of military life or missions, and much more.

We believe that the benefits earned in the service should be easier to access and written in plain English. We're passionate about helping members make the most of military experience throughout life.

Military.com 's members are sharing stories, insider tips, news from the front lines, and unique slices of military life including the tough stuff of war.

Military.com provides headline news and technology updates since our community answers the call and makes news. We also cover the rest of the military experience — from great content like our user-generated videos in our popular "Shock and Awe" feature to our military equipment guide we present what makes the military unique (and fun).

In 2004, Military.com joined forces with Monster Worldwide (NYSE: MWW) to accelerate our growth and change the playing field for career and educational opportunities for servicemembers, veterans and military spouses. Monster's vision is bringing people together to advance their lives, which is a great fit with Military.com 's "members first" ethos and goal of connecting the military community to all the benefits of service.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#992476 Sep 30, 2013
Did this Obama supporter ask if the clerk was a fellow liberal obama supporter

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 182,029
Santa Claus delayed in Chicago after getting th... 2 hr ChicagOpinion 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr ChicagOpinion 98,871
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 7 hr J RULES 71,188
Chicago Pizza Blows 10 hr joey 2
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 10 hr KiMare 51,279
AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 10 hr IUEC 7,564
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:49 am PST