Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1262848 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#992740 Sep 30, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
But when you go to sign up for a policy, your income is required. DUH
Getting on the exchanges is open to everyone, regardless of income. Deductions, etc. are based on income.
Can anyone be this dumb or do you purposely try to spin it as badly as you can??
The government won’t be able to verify whether or not applicants for Obamacare’s insurance exchange subsidies are actually qualified for the aid in the 16 states that are setting up their own exchanges. Instead, until at least 2015, these states will be able to “accept the applicant’s attestation regarding eligibility without further verification.”

The government is going with what Kliff and Somashekhar call “the honor system.”

“We have concluded that the…proposed rule is not feasible for implementation for the first year of operations,” say the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.“The exchange may accept the applicant’s attestation regarding enrollment in an eligible employer-sponsored plan…without further verification instead of following the procedure in §155.320(d)(3)(iii).”

...Would you support that if this were RepubliCare?

Or how about if a Republican president changed the law - his own law - on a whim every time you turned around because he decided to on his own?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#992741 Sep 30, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
No surprise here. It's a well known fact that our racist VP Joe Biden is always sh*tfaced.
Sounds like you really liked it when he made Paul Ryan look like an unprepared schoolboy in their debate.

It was a real 'take him to the woodshed' moment!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#992742 Sep 30, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Fenphen used to have an open mind, but all his brains fell out.
Chimpy, every girl has the right to be ugly (but you've abused the privilege).

Again, convicts don't have to worry about cut-rate odumbocare; you've already GOT a healthplan......

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#992743 Sep 30, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, then, let's say it was bad - people losing their jobs, more and more people having to work part-time, some people with waivers and exemptions and others not, and the CBO saying it will bankrupt the country - would you support RepubliCare then?
Would you want a Republican president and a Republican written and passed legislation forcing you to do something against your will without one Democrat on board because they thought they knew best?
Would you want RepubliCare if the majority of Americans did not want it and Republicans who wrote it said it was going to be a disaster?
Answer all three questions respectively please.
"silly"

Support rebublicare? Support nobamakare"
No way, the government should not be dictating to the American public. A majority of American's do not want the government forcing them, under threat of fines, to purchase a product they may not want or need.
Peace
KMA
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#992744 Sep 30, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought I told you to
SHUT DOWN YOUR MOUTH!
PUSSSCCEEEEE!
go choke on your drunken puke loser ;)
That's the spirit chimpy; keep on fighting!! If you live long enough on your budget health plan, you will be a huge hit on Bum Fights.......

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#992745 Sep 30, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The United States is not just "we", the liberal loons who'd kiss Obama's ass before admitting his policies are harming this country.
Some of us still have some sense.
You smoke cigarettes.

Tel us again about some sense.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#992746 Sep 30, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not like green eggs and ham, I do not like them, Sam I Am.
It's the law. You're a sore loser. Your side fought this since 2010. Obama was re-elected on Obamacare because your side made it the BIG issue.
If the majority of Americans did not want it, he would not have been re-elected. That is a fact you refuse to recognize. Mitt ran on a promise to 'repeal Obamacare on Day One', and he lost.
All the rest is sour grapes from losers.
The majority of Americans bought into the lies which are now coming to light and believed in that hopey/changey thingy.

A lot of them are now having to work part-time jobs. Young working males are now realizing free care means they're footing the bill.

Reality has set in.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#992747 Sep 30, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The government won’t be able to verify whether or not applicants for Obamacare’s insurance exchange subsidies are actually qualified for the aid in the 16 states that are setting up their own exchanges. Instead, until at least 2015, these states will be able to “accept the applicant’s attestation regarding eligibility without further verification.”
The government is going with what Kliff and Somashekhar call “the honor system.”
“We have concluded that the…proposed rule is not feasible for implementation for the first year of operations,” say the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.“The exchange may accept the applicant’s attestation regarding enrollment in an eligible employer-sponsored plan…without further verification instead of following the procedure in §155.320(d)(3)(iii).”
...Would you support that if this were RepubliCare?
Or how about if a Republican president changed the law - his own law - on a whim every time you turned around because he decided to on his own?
You mean the RED states that have refused and obstructed Obamacare in every way possible?? States like yours??

You make me laugh with your weak assed arguments.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#992749 Sep 30, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I looked at those plans on our AZ State exchange. They are SO bad, you'd really have to be desperate to enroll in one.
Odumbocare was only designed for welfare slugs (and poorly at that). Most of them won't stay alive long, given the level of care they'll get....
You looked at them. You're basing your opinion on the pictures.

Next time, get someone to read the content.

That's what happens when your brains fall out..........
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#992750 Sep 30, 2013
Patriot wrote:
A Must Read -
One does not need to be psychic to know that world’s darkest days are right around the corner. There are events which are forming the perfect storm. We face the likely prospect of WWIII in the Middle East. America (and the world) stands upon the brink of total economic collapse. The mechanisms for a brutal false flag attack have been put into motion and could happen within the next 45 days...
http://thecommonsenseshow.com/2013/09/30/the-...
We get off on prayers and good behavior.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#992751 Sep 30, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The majority of Americans bought into the lies which are now coming to light and believed in that hopey/changey thingy.
A lot of them are now having to work part-time jobs. Young working males are now realizing free care means they're footing the bill.
Reality has set in.
You've been singing the same dumb song since this thread started.

He was re-elected. You seem to have no concept of what that meant.

Give it up.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#992752 Sep 30, 2013
Democratic USA wrote:
<quoted text> just like bush uh fool?
Little different-at least America still had a decent Economy and JOBS...rather than people laying off and cutting people down to part time.

GROW UP.

GET A CLUE.

Aint NOTHING FWEE- parasite demoncRAT.
Nat Turner

Angeles City, Philippines

#992753 Sep 30, 2013
You crackers should be glad, you already get food stamps and welfare, now you get some free pills that you can sell in the "suburbs"
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#992754 Sep 30, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Arrest and prosecute the House GOP for treason." It's about time!!!
Sign the petition now:
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/des...
exactly the way that totalitarian regimes operate...
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#992755 Sep 30, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not like green eggs and ham, I do not like them, Sam I Am.
It's the law. You're a sore loser. Your side fought this since 2010. Obama was re-elected on Obamacare because your side made it the BIG issue.
If the majority of Americans did not want it, he would not have been re-elected. That is a fact you refuse to recognize. Mitt ran on a promise to 'repeal Obamacare on Day One', and he lost.
All the rest is sour grapes from losers.
God wants us to unite and help each other.
He is always on our side.
Look out for Hilary. The Clintons want
their white house back. Obama had his chance.
They all make us sick.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#992756 Sep 30, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we (the United States of America) are not going to let you radical zionist dictate our laws.
No, you prefer Palestinian terrorists...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#992757 Sep 30, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You really don't understand "insurance" do you?
People buy insurance in hopes that they will never need it.
Smart people assess the risk before deciding whether to buy insurance...

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#992758 Sep 30, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
Bob Woodward: Republicans Are 'Trying To Blackmail' Obama (VIDEO)
"Let's call it what it is, they are trying to blackmail the president and say,'Look, we're going to shut down the government or default on our debt unless you -- we go back, rewind the clock, on Obamacare and delay it or somehow cut off the funding," he said. "You can't govern that way. It will not work. It will be exposed."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/30/bob-...
Bob Woodward: Obama’s absence in shutdown talks ‘a baffling element’

In a break with conventional political wisdom, Washington Post reporter Bob Woodward says that President Obama’s avoidance of talks to avert a potential government shutdown is “baffling” and could hurt him politically.

Woodward argues that history would judge Obama harshly if a shutdown occurs.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#992759 Sep 30, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You looked at them. You're basing your opinion on the pictures.
Next time, get someone to read the content.
That's what happens when your brains fall out..........
What pictures would those be, chimpy? Ct correctional now limiting you to graphics,are they? I'm a licensed life & health agent, registered securities principle, and much more (and have been for over 20 years). It took 20 minutes review to see they are plans for the lowest-level indigent; and that's why everyone who's anyone is retaining their current plan.

But what does that matter to you, convict. We both know you're nothing but a number, and all your decisions have already been made FOR you for the next 20+ years......:-)
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#992760 Sep 30, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Little different-at least America still had a decent Economy and JOBS...rather than people laying off and cutting people down to part time.
GROW UP.
GET A CLUE.
Aint NOTHING FWEE- parasite demoncRAT.
Time to sit back and let it play out...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Dr Guru 194,416
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 41 min IBdaMann 54,338
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr CrunchyBacon 100,274
Cincinnati campus police officer charged with m... 6 hr joey 2
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 7 hr Whiny1 6,254
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 10 hr Ariel Sharon 70,141
Amy 7-29-15 13 hr mrs gladys kravitz 14
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages