Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1458402 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#992979 Oct 1, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of ignorant nobody's Dupont, was Sweden doing "just fine" as they were on their 5th day of riots yoy clueless fk?
Yeah stupid, there were riots over a police shooting. The same thing happened in England a couple of years earlier. We've had them too. Remember what happened after the Rodney King verdict? Did any of these have anything to do with the overall economies of the countries involved? No. But keep chewing on that bone if you want instead of coming up with any kind of rational fact based argument.
You're an idiot!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#992981 Oct 1, 2013
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/30/arge...

World's Gentlest Dog Befriends Little Boy With Down Syndrome, Melts Our Hearts

Since: Nov 11

Naperville, IL

#992983 Oct 1, 2013
READ THE DAMN BILL wrote:
Obama took to his Twitter account to comment on the failure to fund the government. "They actually did it," he wrote. "A group of Republicans in the House just forced a government shutdown over Obamacare instead of passing a real budget."

The Senate voted twice Monday to reject House efforts to delay the individual mandate, repeal a 2.3% tax on medical devices enacted to help pay for the law, and a proposal to eliminate a proposed subsidy to members of Congress, their staffs, and members of the Obama administration to buy insurance in the new system.

Obama reiterated that he would not sign any bill that seeks to dismantle the law. "One faction of one party in one house of Congress in one branch of government doesn't get to shut down the entire government just to refight the results of an election," Obama said at the White House.http://www.freep.com/art icle/20131001/NEWS15/310010042 /Government-shutdown-Obamacare -Affordable-Care-Act
OBAMA WAY OR HIGHWAY

Obama reiterated that he would not sign any bill that seeks to dismantle the law. "One faction of one party in one house of Congress in one branch of government doesn't get to shut down the entire government just to refight the results of an election," Obama said at the White HouseGOP ONLY ASK THAT ONE YEAR DELAY AND NOT TO SHUT
DOWN GOV.TO BE FAIR TO EVERYONE!Then in July, the OBAMA administration pushed back the employer mandate. Previously, companies with 50-plus full-timers had to start providing coverage in 2014 or face penalties. Now they have until 2015.

HOWEVER MOST OF THE POOR PEOPLE HAVE GOT TO GET IT NOW!OBAMA SAYS IF HOUSE OR THE SEN. VOTE TO DELAY HIS HEALTH CARE HE WILL VETO IT?WAKE THE HELL UP USA!IT IS THE DEM AND
OBAMA WAY OR THE HIGHWAY!!!!!
When was the last time the Democrats passed any budget?

Since: Nov 11

Naperville, IL

#992984 Oct 1, 2013
President Obama and his Big Labor puppet masters are trying to get yet another union militant on the National Labor Relations Board.

And this one is a direct slap in the face.

As you may recall, over the summer a handful of Republican Senators joined every Democrat to let Barack Obama pack the labor board with union militants literally and publicly chosen by AFL-CIO czar Richard Trumka.

The ONLY thing those Republicans got out of the “deal” was that Obama would not re-nominate Richard Griffin and Sharon Block to be members of the Board.

So what did Obama do?

He nominated Griffin for a different job at the Board -- the General Counsel -- the office in charge of prosecuting unfair labor practices by both unions and management.

It is hard to imagine a worse nominee.

Griffin is currently being investigated for attempting to cover up embezzlement at the International Union of Operating Engineers by firing employees who tried to expose the crime.

It’s outrageous that someone under investigation for such a crime cannot be trusted with all of the power associated with the General Counsel position.

Will the Republicans play dead again?
TSM

United States

#992985 Oct 1, 2013
How many of you went to Healthcare.gov and found out the system is not Working?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#992986 Oct 1, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
The only problem is that with states like Florida with a dickhead criminal thief governor like Rick Scott; many people will not be able to purchase from the exchanges as their incomes are not high enough. He refused the medicaide expansion that affects working class families. Those people fall through the gap. What a guy.
I went to the exchange website, healthcare.gov and it's swamped with millions of Floridians trying to apply, system is down!
There are millions of self employed people who have been waiting for this for a long time.
the insurance companies have been extorting me for years, so i'm just sitting here watching the site waiting for the line to move along. check back with me next week and i bet i'm still waiting.

so yes, millions who are taking a bite out of the ass of republicans. let's hope that's covered in their very expensive healthcare plan. but you know it's works....DENIED!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#992987 Oct 1, 2013
"In the old days, they used to say that a conservative is a liberal who has been mugged by reality. When it comes to health insurance, it seems a liberal is a conservative who has been mugged by an illness."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/08...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#992988 Oct 1, 2013
TSM wrote:
it was working earlier.

it crashed due to all of the republicans wanting to be a democrats.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#992989 Oct 1, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd rather live here with a strong American leader who isn't manipulated by Communists, the UN or terrorist dictators.
You are anti American, you hate your fellow Americans. You should be ashamed of yourself and renounce your citizenship and go to Russia.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#992990 Oct 1, 2013
TSM wrote:
That is because of the overwhelming need of the people you moran.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#992991 Oct 1, 2013
TSM wrote:
Just did...apparently, there's already a wait just to apply. Feels like being at the DMV.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#992992 Oct 1, 2013
Emeem wrote:
Republican government shutdown prevents getting gun permits while in effect.
There is a God!
News flash, phag: most Republicans have lawfully owned multiple guns for years.........
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#992993 Oct 1, 2013
POLL: Just one in four approves of Republicans’ handling of government shutdown standoff

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/w...

25% who've deluded themselves into thinking they're the majority voice.

so how's that working out for ya?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#992994 Oct 1, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
it was working earlier.
No...the long waits have already begun.

What did you expect?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#992995 Oct 1, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
the insurance companies have been extorting me for years, so i'm just sitting here watching the site waiting for the line to move along. check back with me next week and i bet i'm still waiting.
so yes, millions who are taking a bite out of the ass of republicans. let's hope that's covered in their very expensive healthcare plan. but you know it's works....DENIED!
I think what you may find is a lot of people saying "I'm required by law to pay how much a month?" "I got to pay how much in copay and deductibles?"
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#992996 Oct 1, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, seriously. Wish I could magically put the photos here so you'd be forced to see the similarities between Obama and Marshall and the obvious differences between Obama and Obama, Sr.
I apologize for the links but they do provide the best photos.
http://stupidcelebrities.net/2012/09/shocking...
http://wheresobamasbirthcertificate.com/blog/...
The cleft above the upper lip, the lips, the eyes, the bone structure...all favor Marshall. Obama's brother is the spitting image of Obama, Sr. but looks nothing like Frank Marshall.
No one was more shocked than me, let me tell you.
You're disgusting. I thought you were busy grilling your brother in law about the pleasures of anal sex?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#992997 Oct 1, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
it was working earlier.
Yes! They have to change their party affiliation to qualify!!!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#992998 Oct 1, 2013
Health Insurance Marketplace: Please wait

We have a lot of visitors on our site right now and we're working to make your experience here better. Please wait here until we send you to the login page. Thanks for your patience!

https://www.healthcare.gov/marketplace/global...

and it's working again.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#992999 Oct 1, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah stupid, there were riots over a police shooting. The same thing happened in England a couple of years earlier. We've had them too. Remember what happened after the Rodney King verdict? Did any of these have anything to do with the overall economies of the countries involved? No. But keep chewing on that bone if you want instead of coming up with any kind of rational fact based argument.
You're an idiot!
Question: what do the Rodney King riots and the Swedish unrest have in common?

Answer: "CHIMPS"!!!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#993000 Oct 1, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
"their healthcare costs have went down"!! You're an idiot.
Learn to read Lily. The health care costs went down because they chose not to go to the doctor for minor medical needs so they could keep the money. What I've been saying for years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 18 min SweLL GirL 9,849
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 31 min Legal Analysis 104,509
abby12-5-16 32 min RACE 3
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 56 min boundary painter 8,631
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr boundary painter 1,954
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr boundary painter 6,838
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr boundary painter 3,447

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages