Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
911,181 - 911,200 of 1,101,017 Comments Last updated 4 min ago

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#992115 Sep 30, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I would like to see them explain how the law is only discriminating against African Americans if it APPLIES to ALL voters.
What a bunch of loons!
If you look at those who do not currently have a photo ID, a good proportion are poor. The poor is disproportionately Black (Democratic voters).

Republican leaders n PA admitted that the voter ID law favors Republicans.

The law may apply to all but t really only affects those without photo ID.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#992116 Sep 30, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is absolutely no reason Iran end its nuclear enrichment program. They the same rights as any other nation to enrich uranium as part of a civilian nuclear energy and medicine program.
"We do not need military-grade uranium. That's a certainty and we will not move in that direction," Zarif said. "Having an Iran that does not have nuclear weapons, is not just your goal, it's first and foremost our goal."
Zarif has presented an olive branch and we should welcome it.
Every day, Obama moves closer and closer to earning that Nobel peace prize. Must drive you crazy.
Didn't Hitler say something like that right before he invaded Poland? We are in so much trouble. These idiots are fools.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#992117 Sep 30, 2013
House Republican Hostage-Takers Are Unfit to Govern

They’re threatening an economic shutdown that will cause financial hardship and even ruin for millions of Americans.

Obama will not—he cannot—negotiate with a roving band of anarchists who say,“Build our oil pipeline or the troops don’t get paid. Give us tax cuts for the rich or seniors don’t get their Social Security checks.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/09...

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#992118 Sep 30, 2013
I spent a week in Madrid. The cafes offer seating outside on the sidewalk where one can sit and drink and smoke. Also, it is where the beggars can just walk right up to your table and make themselves at home, putting you in the position of being rude to make them get up out of the chair they just plopped their useless ass down in to insert themselves into your conversation and beg/coerce for money.
A young black American (23 years old) did just that. I had a conversation with him, which I told him he isn't a child and he needs to grow up and go to work. In the conversation, he asked me what I thought of Obama.
My answer:
"You are a 23 year-old man who won't work and are walking around Madrid begging for money. I think both of you are the same."
He didn't have much to say after that.
I didn't give him any money, although I am almost always very generous. But, I recognize the difference between being down on your luck, and being downright irresponsible and lazy.

Gettysburg, PA

#992119 Sep 30, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> You still didn't answer the question. Where does the money come from that allows your business to pay the taxes it owes? It's a simple question. By not answering you prove what a hack you really are.
You are just stupid.

That can be the only explanation.

Customers buy something. The money goes into my account. It becomes my money. If I don't pay my corporate taxes, I go to jail, not my customers.

Whn Joe Blow gets paid, his paycheck goes into his account. It becomes his.

If Corporations don't pay taxes then people don't pay taxes.

Its a simple concept.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#992120 Sep 30, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
If we furloughed the Republican members of Congress, we would actually get something done for a change.
The government was set up by the founders precisely this way to keep a tyrannical government from overtaking the people. They knew however that unless the people stayed vigilant the power hungry would rise to the top. Thus the first and second amendments.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#992121 Sep 30, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
Justice Department to challenge North Carolina voter ID law
The Justice Department will file suit against North Carolina on Monday, charging that the Tar Heel State’s new law requiring voters to show photo identification at the polls violates the Voting Rights Act by discriminating against African Americans, according to a person familiar with the planned litigation.
Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/09/justice ...
Damn right it discriminates!
How else would the Melowese Richardsons and Virginia McMillans of the country get to defend Obama’s "right to sit as president of the United States" and ensure her "vote was counted correctly" if they can't vote half a dozen times!?!?
http://mediatrackers.org/ohio/2013/07/15/ohio ...
You know, I have a question. If republicans thought their voters were so stupid they couldn't get a photo ID before an election... Oh never mind, that is just wrong.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#992122 Sep 30, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should the right waste any more of their time crafting legislation when the only thing Obama will listen to is himself?
Don't even try to pretend Obama is bipartisan or some kind of democratic ambassador when it's obvious he's neither.
His objective is to make republicans irrelevant. Period.
Congress makes law, not Obama, you dumbass. Republicans should "waste their time crafting legislation" because that's what we pay them to do, not pout about laws that already exist.
And, it was the conservative Heritage Foundation that created Obamacare, he listened to them.
You have really been duped by your wealthy handlers.

Gettysburg, PA

#992123 Sep 30, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
You are dense are you not. One more time the meaning of KMA"
K indly
M ontana University
A lum
Peace
KMA
Wouldn't that be KMUA? Dumbass

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#992124 Sep 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
If you look at those who do not currently have a photo ID, a good proportion are poor. The poor is disproportionately Black (Democratic voters).
Republican leaders n PA admitted that the voter ID law favors Republicans.
The law may apply to all but t really only affects those without photo ID.
Oh no! You really didn't just say that? "The law may apply to all but it really only affects those without photo ID". hahahahaha!!! Man, I would be pissed if I thought my party thought I was to stupid to get an photo ID if I wanted to vote. Well, wait a minute. They are to stupid to get a photo ID if they want to vote. Never mind.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#992125 Sep 30, 2013
The debt-ceiling vote, of course, is not about future spending decisions. It is about whether to cover expenditures the Congress has already authorized. There is no sane reason for subjecting this to a repeated vote. And there is no precedent for serious threats not to honor federal debt -- as opposed to symbolic anti-Administration protest votes, which both parties have cast over the years. Nor for demanding the reversal of major legislation as a condition for routine government operations.

In case the point is not clear yet: there is no post-Civil War precedent for what the House GOP is doing now. It is radical, and dangerous for the economy and our process of government, and its departure from past political disagreements can't be buffed away or ignored.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#992126 Sep 30, 2013
"There's nothing to negotiate with. He shouldn't delay the health care bill. It's the law and we're opening the enrollment on October 1. We're ready," Clinton said on This Week. They're in better shape now than the country was to implement President Bush's drug program, which everybody's forgotten. Go back and look at the polls, even more unpopular than health care reform is now."

"So I think that's a non-starter," Clinton said.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/clinton...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#992127 Sep 30, 2013
SAWYER:

A couple of other questions about the agenda now. You have said next year that you would repeal the healthcare vote. That's still your mission?

BOEHNER:

Well, I think the election changes that. It's pretty clear that the president was reelected, Obamacare is the law of the land.

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/...
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#992128 Sep 30, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it really matter what color a Marxist is?
The President hasn't enacted or even proposed anything that's in the least Marxist you ignorant hate filled twit. He's governed more as a moderate Republican than anything else.
You're an idiot Carol!

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#992129 Sep 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just stupid.
That can be the only explanation.
Customers buy something. The money goes into my account. It becomes my money. If I don't pay my corporate taxes, I go to jail, not my customers.
Whn Joe Blow gets paid, his paycheck goes into his account. It becomes his.
If Corporations don't pay taxes then people don't pay taxes.
Its a simple concept.
You are a moran, of the highest degree!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#992130 Sep 30, 2013
Hours before the government is scheduled to run out of money and shut down, a poll released Monday morning found that more Americans will blame congressional Republicans than President Barack Obama for such a scenario.

According to the latest CNN/ORC International poll, a plurality of 46 percent said they would blame Republicans on Capitol Hill for a government shutdown while 36 percent said they would hold Obama responsible. Thirteen percent said they would blame both sides.

As some Republicans in Congress have pushed hard to defund the Affordable Care Act, the risk of a government shutdown has risen sharply. House Republicans passed a spending measure on Sunday that delays the health care law for one year.

A CNN/ORC poll released earlier this month also found that congressional Republicans would bear more of the fallout from a government shutdown than Obama.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/poll-co...

more reality that will garner no reply. has even one republican addressed the fact that most Americans will blame them for the shutdown? oh wait, i'm wrong, someone has....

House GOPer: Shutdown 'Is A Loser For Us'

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/house-g...
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#992131 Sep 30, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
The President hasn't enacted or even proposed anything that's in the least Marxist you ignorant hate filled twit. He's governed more as a moderate Republican than anything else.
You're an idiot Carol!
ROTFLMAO!!!!

What a clueless Kool-Aid drinker we have here!

I'm not even going to argue this point with this idiot Dupont.

Absurd!!!!
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#992132 Sep 30, 2013
Employers are now distributing information about Obamacare and the "exhanges".

The document states employer converage is considered "affordable" if the cost of "single" coverage is not more than 9.5% of annual household income.

What a frikkin joke!

Obamacare is a joke!
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#992133 Sep 30, 2013
I checked the calculation for a young adult making 40K per year and Obama/Democrats expect them to pay one quarter of their net income and be forced onto Obamacare.

This is a colossal joke!!!!!
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#992134 Sep 30, 2013
The middle class gets screwed by Democrats yet again!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wechat users share ur id for world wide friends... 9 min Ryan_cool 1
chief keef 24 min y 2
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 25 min Gay be gone 49,449
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 28 min deutscher Nationa... 52
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 39 min loose cannon 177,469
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 44 min LessHypeMoreFact 46,359
last post wins! (Apr '13) 59 min Hatti_Hollerand 334
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info