Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#992162 Sep 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Now Flacktard calls black people stupid. Or are you calling poor people stupid? Maybe you are calling those elderly without a photo ID stupid.
Which is it Flack?
Here in the county I live, I am 20 miles from a photo center. How does a person get to that photo ID center to get that photp ID? Obviously, they do not drive.
These laws are , by definition, voter suppression.
Republicans know that when they erect this photo ID hurdle than many will not get that ID & thereby no longer vote. This was the purpose of this law because there is no evidence of significant voter fraud that a photo ID requirement will stop.
NONE
It has nothing to do with why they would not get a photo ID.
Some may just give up voting. Some just can't get that ID. The reason is not relevant.
What is relevant is that Republicans are engaging in voter suppression with the sole purpose of reducing the black / Democrat vote.
This this pretend Constitution lover, Flack, is all for it.
I bet Flack went to 95 North of Richmond to worship that large Confederate Flag when they raised it.
If it's ghetto, ignorant, and idiot, it's illiterate, loser, RealDumbDave and liberal..

We're suppose to care what you ghetto cheese folk "think?" LMAO.. You folk ain't NO Tea Party....

It's the culture...
Michelle

New York, NY

#992163 Sep 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Now Flacktard calls black people stupid. Or are you calling poor people stupid? Maybe you are calling those elderly without a photo ID stupid.
Which is it Flack?
Here in the county I live, I am 20 miles from a photo center. How does a person get to that photo ID center to get that photp ID? Obviously, they do not drive.
Republicans know that when they erect this photo ID hurdle than many will not get that ID & thereby no longer vote. This was the purpose of this law because there is no evidence of significant voter fraud that a photo ID requirement will stop.
NONE
Some may just give up voting. Some just can't get that ID. The reason is not relevant.
What is relevant is that Republicans are engaging in voter suppression with the sole purpose of reducing the black / Democrat vote.
I bet Flack went to 95 North of Richmond to worship that large Confederate Flag when they raised it.
Total BS unless this is already Rwanda or Zimbabwe. If the applicants couldn't get their welfare checks without photo ID, they'd manage to get a picture taken and pronto.
READ THE DAMN BILL

Winterville, NC

#992164 Sep 30, 2013
“Everybody is working 24/7,” Christine C. Ferguson, the director of Rhode Island’s exchange, told reporters in a conference call last week.“We are sliding into that date still testing and making sure that we are able to fulfill the promise that we’ve made for Oct. 1.”
Enlarge This Image
Thomas Patterson for The New York Times
Cover Oregon is the state’s new insurance marketplace.
On the Threshold of Obamacare, Warily (September 29, 2013)

Any insurance coverage acquired through the exchanges will not take effect until Jan. 1, when the health care law will start requiring most Americans to have insurance or pay a tax penalty. Ms. Ferguson and other officials are predicting that while people might flood the exchange Web sites in October to learn about their options, few will actually enroll so soon.
To be covered starting Jan. 1, people need to sign up for coverage through the exchanges by Dec. 15. The first open enrollment period will run from Oct. 1 to March 31.
“The idea that huge numbers are in essence going to do layaway purchasing three months out, I just think runs against the American way,” Ms. Ferguson said.
Peter V. Lee, the executive director of California’s exchange, joked in the conference call with Ms. Ferguson last week that he expected a total of two people to sign up for health plans on Day 1. Tuesday, he said, would be “important as a historic marker of our nation saying health care is a right, not a privilege.” But California does not expect many people to start signing up until November, he added.
At the state’s exchange here, known as Cover Oregon, posters urge the staff to “Keep Calm and Go Live.” Last week, 180 staff members and consultants were proofing some 500,000 lines of computer code, 1,500 Web site pages and 5,000 possible premium rates that will vary depending on where people live, how old they are, how much money they make and which insurance company and plan they choose. A downstairs conference room had taken on the look of a modern-day sweatshop, with long tables lined with workers tapping away on laptops. Even the bike storage room had been converted to a testing room.
“Still smiling?” Mr. King asked one group of workers.“O.K.”
Mr. King said rate quotes had been one of the trickiest things to get right, a problem that also appears to be plaguing other states and the federal government. Mila Kofman, the executive director of the D.C. Health Benefit Exchange Authority, said she had discovered “a high error rate, about 15 percent,” in tests to determine if people were eligible for tax credits or Medicaid. The errors, she said, occurred in complicated cases involving large families with different sources of coverage.
“If one in 10 people get the wrong information,” Ms. Kofman said,“that’s too many in my book.”
Because of the errors, Ms. Kofman said, a family might be told it qualified for a tax credit of $150 a month when it was eligible for only $50.
The agency will be able to determine eligibility in November, she added, and people who qualify will still be able to get subsidized coverage on Jan. 1 as originally planned.
In Portland, Mr. King said a “go-live team” would hunker down on Tuesday in a “situation room” next to his office, monitoring a hot line that insurance companies, agents and community groups helping with enrollment and others can call to report technological problems. Similar efforts will play out in state exchanges across the country.
“I tell everybody,‘If the site isn’t right, I’ll close it and we’ll fix it,’” he said.“We’ve just got to make sure that stuff is correct for folks.”
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#992165 Sep 30, 2013
Peter Suderman has a clear explanation of “the disarray, dysfunction, and legislative blundering” that is plaguing the congressional GOP. He observes that Republicans have nothing like a workable legislative strategy, because a determined group of GOP lawmakers refuses to acknowledge that a legislative minority can only do so much:

The trick will be to work effectively within those limits, exploiting clear opposition weak points and pushing for narrow victories that stand some change of being accomplished.…

But what Cruz and many of his allies in the defunding fight have done is just the opposite. They have gone big—on rhetoric, on theatrics, on policy requests. And they have stoked demand for grand showdowns amongst many of their supporters, making it harder for those who might prefer more targeted battles to proceed. They’re getting the showdowns. But they’re not getting much else.

Right now the GOP has no strategic or tactical savvy. Instead, the party has a surfeit of bluster.

http://www.nationalreview.com/agenda/359763/d...
READ THE DAMN BILL

Winterville, NC

#992166 Sep 30, 2013
New Yorkers will pay less than they used to for individual health insurance under ObamaCare — but they better not get used to it, because steep increases are on the way and the choice of doctors will be limited, critics warn.

While health-insurance costs will balloon around the country under the Affordable Care Act, an unusual legal situation in the Empire State will lower prices when the markets for President Obama’s signature legislative achievement open on Tuesday.

Everyone who doesn’t already have a medical policy — through work, Medicare or otherwise — will have to buy a policy or face fines once ObamaCare begins.

In New York, the new presidential plans can be had for an average of 29 percent less than old individual policies —$356 a month, compared with $500 — experts at the Manhattan Institute for Policy Research predict.

By comparison, the monthly rate for a 27-year-old man in Connecticut will soar 98 percent, to $238. A 64-year-old woman in that state will see her premium surge 83 percent, to $683, an analysis by the institute found.

Lead researcher Yevgeniy Feyman said New York’s situation is “very, very unique” due to insurance-industry reforms signed into law by Gov. Mario Cuomo in 1992.

The state’s “pure community rating” system requires insurance companies to offer policies at the same price, regardless of the purchaser’s age, gender or health.

“This is what destroyed the New York individual market,” where costs are currently among the highest in the nation, Feyman said.“That being said, the rate we [will] have,$356, is not cheap.”

Feyman said his group’s $356 figure for New York is a composite based on the average cost of the “bronze” policies that are the least expensive among four levels of standard coverage:“platinum,”“gold,”“si lver” and “bronze.”

Top-tier platinum policies will cost individuals up to $896 a month, the state Health Department’s online estimator shows.

Available tax credits can reduce the price for individuals earning less than $45,960 or families of four earning less than $94,200, limiting their maximum cost to 9.5 percent of annual taxable income.

The complex formulas also offer bigger breaks to residents of Staten Island.

For example, a single Manhattan resident earning $35,000 a year will get a monthly credit of $88, while a single Staten Islander will get a credit of $107.

A Health Department spokesman said the difference was due to the higher price of Staten Island’s second-lowest-cost silver plan.

The penalty for ignoring ObamaCare’s “individual mandate” to buy health insurance next year is $95 per adult and $47.50 per child — up to $285 per family — or 1 percent of taxable family income, whichever is higher.

But it will jump to $325 per adult and $167.50 per child, or 2 percent of income, in 2015, and to $695 per adult and $347.50, or 2.5 percent of income, in 2016, with future hikes tied to cost of living.

Pacific Research Institute President Sally Pipes, author of “The Cure for Obamacare,” said that’s not enough to get healthy, young adults to shell out for coverage.

“Even though the price is down, the price is still very expensive,” she said.“People are not going to buy into this. Then the system will implode.”

Merrill Matthews, a resident scholar at the Institute for Policy Innovation, predicted a “death spiral” in which the rates rise over the next several years, leading healthy people to drop their coverage while “very sick” people “stay in until the very last drop,” forcing rates up even more.
Michelle

New York, NY

#992167 Sep 30, 2013
READ THE DAMN BILL wrote:
The physician said on CNN’s “State of the Union” that consumers are in for a case of sticker shock, adding that Americans will have difficulty finding a doctor to care for them.
“The president made a couple of promises. One with the exchanges, and he said it would be cheaper than a cell phone bill. And I don't expect a lot of people to be able to find something less than $71 a month on the exchanges,” he said.
“People are going to be paying more. And he said … if you have your doctor and you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. We're seeing all across the country exchanges that trying to get the price down have had to exclude many doctors.”
Barrasso rattled off a list of states with exchange problems, including Vermont, Oregon and the District of Columbia.
“This law is unworkable. It's unpopular. It is unaffordable for us as a nation. It's hurting jobs. It's hurting the economy. And now, what I'm hearing and I was at a health fair in Wyoming yesterday, it is unfair,” Barrasso said.
“Someone said to me why is it that the president is going to give my boss a one-year delay? The bosses are getting a delay, but the workers are not. And we need a delay in the individual mandate.”
Senators on Monday are expected to consider a stopgap spending bill approved by the House early Sunday that delays ObamaCare for one year.
Read more: http://thehill.com/video/sunday-shows/325355-...
Follow us:@thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook
I don't think there should be a delay. Let voters find out that as usual, there are negative consequences for not paying attention. Obamacare is the domestic outcome of his failing. Losing the war on terror and a diminished world presence is the international outcome, and we've already seen it and the US may never recover from it.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#992168 Sep 30, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
how's it feel to have conservatives telling the tea party nutjobs that they're failing?
You ain't NO Tea Party....

AND... We're suppose to care about what you ignorant ghetto folk "think?" LMAO..

It's the culture...

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#992169 Sep 30, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Didn't Hitler say something like that right before he invaded Poland? We are in so much trouble. These idiots are fools.
Yes, everything relates to Hitler. Lets just nuke the bastards now.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#992171 Sep 30, 2013
Cruz and the Defeat Caucus

To the extent that the theatrics of the last week contribute to a government shutdown, that will likely sour the public even more on Republicans in Congress and that might end up undermining Republican candidates in competitive states.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
READ THE DAMN BILL

Winterville, NC

#992172 Sep 30, 2013
“The death spiral is well known in health insurance,” he said.

Edmund Haislmaier, who studies health-care policy for The Heritage Foundation, said some medical providers will refuse to accept ObamaCare, noting four of the insurers offering policies in New York specialize in Medicaid plans.

“You’re going to have very limited access to doctors and hospitals,” he said.

Danielle Holahan, deputy director of the New York State of Health marketplace, said that officials believe the rates being offered are “sustainable,” and that 330,000 uninsured residents will buy ObamaCare over the next three years, up from 17,000 who buy individual insurance now.

She also said a “network adequacy requirement” for insurers means everyone on ObamaCare will be able to get to a doctor or hospital in their network within 30 minutes on public transportation.

THE WHOLE NATION WILL TURN AGAINST OBAMA AND THE
GOP AND DEM THAT SUPPORT OBAMA CARE!!!!!I AM TALKING ABOUT THE MIDDLE CLASS PEOPLE PAYING FOR
IT,NOT THE HEALTHY PEOPLE THAT ARE ON WAFARE WERE IT IS FREE AND THE RICH WILL NOT GIVE A DAMN LIKE OBAMA WHO DOES NOT HAVE TO BE ON OBAMA CARE!
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#992173 Sep 30, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
Hey idiot!
$5 grand deductible on the lowest cost plan?
AWESOME!
if I get sick and spend a week in the Hospital: cost around $200,000
I only owe $5 grand!
On the lowest cost plan!
WOW!
SIGN ME UP!
Most people who buy their own insurance now have $10,000 deductible.
OBAMACARE! Saving me $400 per month with BETTER coverage!
Provided by Blue Cross......great outfit!
(Sell your poison to your grandma....stupid idiot!)
<quoted text>
Then you are either a welfare case or a lying communists scumbag.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#992174 Sep 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, everything relates to Hitler. Lets just nuke the bastards now.
Hitler too blamed the Jews and gassed them...

RealDumbDave ain't no Tea Party...

It's the culture...
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#992175 Sep 30, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet the candidate who promised to repeal this "very unpopular" law was defeated and the one who actually enacted it won. Go figure! Also Republicans who were opposed to the ACA lost seats in both houses of congress.
Explain the 2010 midterms when the Democrats lost their majority status and 63 seats in the House. The most seats lost since 1938, and in that one the Democrats still held on to majority control. Guess what piece of legislation caused that big loss.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#992176 Sep 30, 2013
Obama is either lying or has very bad advisers...

Khamenei's Fatwa Against Nuclear Arms Does Not Exist

President Obama told the UN General Assembly on Sept. 24: "The Supreme Leader has issued a fatwa against the development of nuclear weapons."In fact, such a fatwa was never issued by Supreme Leader Khamenei and does not exist. The deception regarding "Khamenei's fatwa" has been promoted by the Iranian regime for years. Each time, the fatwa was given a different year of issue - 2005, 2007, or 2012 - but the text was never presented.

http://www.memri.org/report/en/0/0/0/0/0/0/74...
m
OBAMA the GENIUS

Pittsboro, NC

#992177 Sep 30, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you are either a welfare case or a lying communists scumbag.
Citizens had a great chance to end OBAMACARE.

Vote for magic panties Mitt.

Instead

The citizens byytch slappped the Republicans so hard!

Over 5 million extra votes for Obama!

Sent Mitt the shttt home a loser!

So all these citizens are communists?

The majority of voters?

You people are bonkers crazy!

ACA: TOMORROW!

BLUE CROSS OFFERS PLANS ON THE EXCHANGES!

I trust them over bonkers crazy Republicans!

You should too.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#992178 Sep 30, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>You ain't NO Tea Party....
AND... We're suppose to care about what you ignorant ghetto folk "think?" LMAO..
It's the culture...
insults and denial.

so yes, you are tea party.
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#992179 Sep 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
How do they get there? Maybe the same way they get to the voting centers. If they can get to the polls they can get their lazy azz to the photo ID center!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#992180 Sep 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is it Flack?
NONE
It's funny but I have friends who live 25 miles up a creek valley that then have to drive another 25 miles to the closest DMV and they have no problem getting a photo ID. How about the same way they get to the doctor, the store, or anywhere else they need to go. I'm not calling them stupid. learn to read. I'm saying you libtards are calling them stupid because you say they can't get a photo ID. In this day and age it is not that hard. In fact I would bet that anybody that says they can't get a photo ID goes by a place to get one at least once a month. Unless they are home bound in which case they would mail it in anyway.

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#992181 Sep 30, 2013
Republicans running scared.

They have spent 4 years doing absolutely nothing except fighting Obamacare.

If they don't stop it or delay it now, they will be DOA in 2014 elections when Obamacare works.

How dumb are Republicans, they stated in their arguments how only 5% of the people list healthcare as a priority & how many more list jobs & economy far higher and still the dumbf*cks wasted so much time on Obamacare & now risk damaging the economy & costing jobs with shutting down the government.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#992182 Sep 30, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
insults and denial.
so yes, you are tea party.
If it's ghetto, ignorant, and idiot, it's free cheese, loser, and liberal.. sonicmoron.. and that's NOT Tea Party...

It's the culture...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Indemnity 179,658
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 min RACE 98,556
Abby 10-30 13 min RACE 14
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 19 min Earthling-1 47,585
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 35 min Frijoles 70,146
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Boy G 50,755
Amy 10-30 3 hr edogxxx 11
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]