Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1278162 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#992380 Sep 30, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> No president was elected by the American people. The American people may have thought they voted but they didn't. Shows just how bad the education system in this country.
His point which you missed as you usually miss most people's points is the the electoral college has never gone against the voter's of each state to change the outcome of a presidential election.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#992381 Sep 30, 2013
Compare Obama to obama no one would vote for him if he was White not even the Suburban Hypocrite liberals well unless he turns america into a dictatorship for his MASTERS to take over the setup man is going going going gone in 2 more years good riddance he can spend quality time with his wife so she wont feel like a single woman, the reason obamawas sold to Blacks was Moochelle because noone really knew obama
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#992382 Sep 30, 2013
Democrats threw grandpa over a cliff!

How many died because of the Demcraps?

Thousands!!!!!!!

Babies died!

Kids starved!

Dogs and cats played cards!

"Shutdown #6: Higher pay, fewer abortions

When did it take place? Sept. 30 to Oct. 12, 1979
How long did it last? 11 days
Who was president? Jimmy Carter
Who controlled the Senate? Democrats, 58-42; Robert Byrd was majority leader
Who controlled the House? Democrats, 277-158; Tip O'Neill was speaker
Why did it happen? The House wanted to raise congressional and senior civil servant pay by 5.5 percent, which the Senate opposed. The lower house also wanted to limit federal abortion spending to cases where the mother's life was in danger, while the Senate wanted to keep funding in cases of rape, incest, and when the mother's health is in serious jeopardy. The dispute was not resolved before a partial shutdown.
What resolved it? The House got its pay increases but had to allow abortion funding in cases of rape or incest (but not when the mother's health, rather than life, was in danger). The latter was a slight tightening of the previous year's Medicaid abortion compromise."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/...

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#992383 Sep 30, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Coast Guard is a Navy and yes you can have more than one.
WTF?? Show us where the Constitution allows more than one Navy. LOL

You're just talking thru your ass now, much like Galt.

You're a stupid person attempting to discuss things you don't understand on any level.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#992384 Sep 30, 2013
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
You're as dumb as the dirt you play in for a living.
The vote of the American people? Where is former President Gore these days?
The President and Vice President are elected by Electoral College "Electors". Unless your daddy was a president, then the Supreme Court elects you.
Flack's argument was that state legislators can take away the right to a popular vote. It had nothing to do with the electoral college. But nice try, Weakheart.

Who was the only President to be elected by electors only??
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#992385 Sep 30, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Coast Guard is a Navy and yes you can have more than one.
lol! No son. The primary function of the US Coast Guard at it's birth was lighthouses and lifesaving.

Talk about a lack of eduction, you sure do take it to the next level!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#992386 Sep 30, 2013
Whoops! And revenue!!!!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#992387 Sep 30, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>The Confederacy was never recognized, so those states did not officially secede in the eyes of the Union, ergo West Virginia was created from parts of Virginia which makes it unconstitutional.
Wrong again Homer but it's ok. You will get it right eventually. By the way. What part of the dully elected legislature (of Virginia) voted to change the name don't you understand? So if anything Virginia should be required to change to West Virginia. But we don't want them.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#992388 Sep 30, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Listen. I realize you are a libtard so therefore can't understand what you read so I will explain. We were talking about voting.
You're lost son.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#992389 Sep 30, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such an idiot.
The states cannot pass any laws that conflict with the US Constitution or they can be stricken down. DUH
Do you have any clue as to the functioning of the Supreme Court??
That's the court that declared Obamacare Constitutionally acceptable, and declared Jim Crow Laws unConstitutional.(1954)
This is just another version of Jim Crow.
Your comprehension of the Constitution is a mile wide and an inch deep. In other words, stick to truck driving for Airborne Express.
if you were lucky enough to find the 'hole" and have kids the world is fkd...

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#992390 Sep 30, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>So tell me son, which 'government' is the REAL government of the state of Virginia/West Virginia?
Depending on your answer, I may/may not stop looking for Jefferson Davis' US presidential picture!
Under Homer's version of the past West Virginia is.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#992391 Sep 30, 2013
I thought Obama/Liberals told us the American People loves Obamacare…Most Popular Question at Healthcare.gov :'How do I get exemption?'

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#992392 Sep 30, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such an idiot.
The states cannot pass any laws that conflict with the US Constitution or they can be stricken down. DUH
Do you have any clue as to the functioning of the Supreme Court??
That's the court that declared Obamacare Constitutionally acceptable, and declared Jim Crow Laws unConstitutional.(1954)
This is just another version of Jim Crow.
Your comprehension of the Constitution is a mile wide and an inch deep. In other words, stick to truck driving for Airborne Express.
Section 4 is the constitution. Good grief we need to do something about education system in this country.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#992393 Sep 30, 2013
I would not take a class with this professor its one thing to combat racists laws but you cannot take away someone choice so f'ing get over your selves you have a PHD and you worry about racism well news flash what does a white person who is qualified for the position and they do not get the chance because a Black person who is not qualified gets the job what is that revenge reverse racism only Blacks can be treated unfairly because of their color Though racism is more covert today, blacks are subject to the same prejudice as they were in the 1960s, Duke University sociology professor Eduardo Bonilla-Silva argued in a lecture on Thursday. Bonilla-Silva said a new form of racism has emerged, replacing Jim Crow racism.

“We are not post-racial,” he said.“This ideology is suave but deadly.” Focusing on relations between whites and blacks, Bonilla-Silva said the latter’s current economic status has remained the same in recent decades, even as the forms of subordination and racism have since evolved.
After describing various ways in which this ideology is prevalent in today’s society, Bonilla-Silva presented three main points about color-blind racism: the forms of interpreting racism, rhetorical strategies for articulating racism and stories contextualizing racism.

Bonilla-Silva said whites believe that they are not racist and often use the election of President Barack Obama to support the claim that America has moved beyond its racially tense past. He said these beliefs are “sincere fictions” and countered that blacks and other racial minorities are still behind whites in society, receiving inferior education in “so-called integrated” schools and colleges.
what is it that these Non whites who are Black when it suits their purpose
his job should be to fill the gaps left out by the racist liberal teachers bitching about racism when you have a PHD it must be a Player Hater Degree

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#992394 Sep 30, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>His point which you missed as you usually miss most people's points is the the electoral college has never gone against the voter's of each state to change the outcome of a presidential election.
And?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#992395 Sep 30, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Homer get a clue. When Virginia seceded from the US half stayed in. That part was still Virginia. The dully elected legislature voted to change the name. No new state was created because that part of Virginia still belonged to the USA. The other half of Virginia belonged to the CSA.
Also if it was 'still Virginia' why the name change?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#992396 Sep 30, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Listen. I realize you are a libtard so therefore can't understand what you read so I will explain. We were talking about voting.
I realize you have a tough time comprehending things, I was talking also talking about voting 'requirements', guess everything needs to be spelled out to you morons. States just can't disregard the Constitution and do whatever the fck they want, why have a Constitution then?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#992397 Sep 30, 2013
Trim the fat!

Mow your own lawn Obama!

"For the vital services Obama himself depends on — the services that people in the White House Residence provide — it turns out only 15 out of 90 are essential."
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/09/gover...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#992398 Sep 30, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Under Homer's version of the past West Virginia is.
Son, I know you're a right wing nut and have problems with facts and comprehension so let me see if I can clarify this down to your level....

... it was YOUR version of history in question.

So please don't "pass the buck to duck" the issue.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#992399 Sep 30, 2013
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
You're as dumb as the dirt you play in for a living.
The vote of the American people? Where is former President Gore these days?
The President and Vice President are elected by Electoral College "Electors". Unless your daddy was a president, then the Supreme Court elects you.
And have the electors every not voted the will of the voters or have they changed the outcome of a presidential election?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 16 min District 1 197,080
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Into The Night 54,596
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr contrary opinion 100,673
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr 40ish 6,443
News Should prostitution be less illegal-or more? 2 hr beastman 2
abby9-3-15 5 hr Kuuipo 9
abby9-2-15 5 hr boundary painter 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages