Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 45,543)

Showing posts 910,841 - 910,860 of1,033,723
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
What ACA taxes affect the middle class?
wow. Look, take the time to learn about the aca or stfu.
WOW

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

Some old news lol Obamacare Would Still Leave U.S. Last in Developed World

Forty-eight million Americans are still without health insurance, and 48,000 of them die every year due to inadequate care, said Dr. David Himmelstein, of Physicians for a National Health Plan.“Billions and billions are drained out of the health care system by greedy insurance companies whose interest is in denying people care,” said Himmelstein, whose organization favors a Medicaid-for-All system.“Even if Obamacare works as planned, we’re still going to have 31 million people who won’t have coverage,” which means the U.S. health care system will remain “the worst in the developed world.”

The Incredibly Shrinking Welfare State

The remnants of the federal welfare program, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families,“needs to be made more accessible,” said Timothy Casey, senior attorney for Legal Momentum.“Right now, two out of three families and children who are eligible don’t get any benefits.” Moreover,“benefits in every state are far below the official poverty level – typically less than half,” said Casey. Legal Momentum was formerly known as the NOW Legal Defense and Education Fund.

U.S. Protects Purveyors of Genocide in Congo

Washington refuses to bring real pressures on Rwanda to halt its 17-year war and occupation of the eastern Congo, the “deadliest conflict in the world since World War Two, in which millions of Congolese have lost their lives,” said Maurice Carney, executive director of Friends of Congo.“When you compare it to the way the U.S. has acted against Zimbabwe, or the way it’s been beating the war drums against Syria, the U.S. hasn’t brought substantial weight, whatsoever,” against its ally, Rwanda, said Carney.

Kenyans Say No to International Criminal Court

Both houses of Kenya’s parliament voted to sever ties with the International Criminal Court, which had previously indicted Uhuru Kenyatta and William Ruto, the current president and deputy president of the country.“They had and election, and one of the major aspects of the campaign was, We can handle our problems ourselves and we don’t need the ICC,” said John Philpot, a Canadian attorney and expert on international criminal law who has defended clients before the ICC. Parliament’s action “was a good step,” said Philpot,“because the ICC is the right hand of military/political intervention” and only prosecutes Africans.

This come from a Black Radical Website lololololo

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The cuts to Medicare Advantage were the prime funding mechanism for ObamaKKKare.
The man is so brainwashed that if Obama said money was pink he would start calling them pinkbacks.
yeah_blows

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
When you pick your judges, amazing things can happen.
Obama appointed how many Justices to SCOTUS....
Just in time for Obammie care...
dumazz dave....

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof?
The CBO says the ACA is not only funded but lowers the deficit.
you say this every day but have to ask what aca taxes effect the middle class. Stupid fck.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

WOW wrote:
<quoted text>Galt why did they put his family the whole bin laden clan on a private jet they should have held them hostage 3,000 + Americans died I never understood that it seems our government are playing us for fools with this republican verses democrat but they all seem to party well with each other
Holding hostages who have not committed crimes is the way Muslims operate, not Americans.

Since: May 11

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Why did O'bama delay his 'care' for businesses but not the individual?
Businesses requested more time & Obama said OK. I thought you fricken bozos liked businesses & now you give Obama crap for working with them addressing their concerns.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I should have said the cost of Afghanistan and Iraq wars. My mistake.
Both unfunded.
Both you support. How much did that cost the average family of 4?$48K -$72K.
you lied and got caught....again.
WOW

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

What We Could Do with a Postal Savings Bank: Infrastructure that Doesn’t Cost Taxpayers a Dime
The U.S. Postal Service (USPS) is the nation’s second largest civilian employer after WalMart. Although successfully self-funded throughout its long history, it is currently struggling to stay afloat. This is not, as sometimes asserted, because it has been made obsolete by the Internet. In fact the post office has gotten more business from Internet orders than it has lost to electronic email. What has pushed the USPS into insolvency is an oppressive 2006 congressional mandate that it prefund healthcare for its workers 75 years into the future. No other entity, public or private, has the burden of funding multiple generations of employees who have not yet even been born.

The Carper-Coburn bill (S. 1486) is the subject of congressional hearings this week. It threatens to make the situation worse, by eliminating Saturday mail service and door-to-door delivery and laying off more than 100,000 workers over several years.

The Postal Service Modernization Bills brought by Peter DeFazio and Bernie Sanders, on the other hand, would allow the post office to recapitalize itself by diversifying its range of services to meet unmet public needs.

Needs that the post office might diversify into include (1) funding the rebuilding of our crumbling national infrastructure; (2) servicing the massive market of the “unbanked” and “underbanked” who lack access to basic banking services; and (3) providing a safe place to save our money, in the face of Wall Street’s new “bail in” policies for confiscating depositor funds. All these needs could be met at a stroke by some simple legislation authorizing the post office to revive the banking services it efficiently performed in the past.

Funding Infrastructure Tax-free

In a July 2013 article titled “Delivering A National Infrastructure Bank ... through the Post Office,” Frederic V. Rolando, president of the National Association of Letter Carriers, addressed the woeful state of US infrastructure. He noted that the idea of forming a national infrastructure bank (NIB) has had bipartisan congressional support over the past six years, with senators from both parties introducing bills for such a bank:

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> The loss of their chemical weapon program that hey had invested a lot of time & money.
what loss? All they've done is hand over a bullsht report. You a fckn idiot.
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

Someone asked me to describe the Democratic Party using a singular word ‘Parasites!!’

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

By JENNIFER HABERKORN and CARRIE BUDOFF BROWN | 9/23/13 8:54 PM EDT

The Obamacare that consumers will finally be able to sign up for next week is a long way from the health plan President Barack Obama first pitched to the nation.

Millions of low-income Americans won’t receive coverage. Many workers at small businesses won’t get a choice of insurance plans right away. Large employers won’t need to provide insurance for another year. Far more states than expected won’t run their own insurance marketplaces. And a growing number of workers won’t get to keep their employer-provided coverage.
Every branch of the federal government played a role in weakening the law over the past three years, the casualty of a divisive legislative fight, a surprise Supreme Court ruling, a complex implementation and an unrelenting political opposition. The result has been a stark gap between the promise of Obamacare and the reality — one that has fueled a deep vein of skepticism about the law as it enters its most critical phase.
“Oh, I’ve heard of Obamacare, yes, but I didn’t know all that was involved,” said Cindy Bishop, a part-time worker from Lexington, Ky., who stopped by an Obamacare information booth at the state fair last month.“Everybody that I have ever talked to is totally against it. They’re afraid all the doctors are going to pull out, and you’re going to have to be like Canada and have to be on a waiting list.”

Obama will take a lead role during the six-month enrollment period in trying to convert critics like Bishop. He doesn’t expect to boost the subpar approval numbers, at least not in the near term. Democrats stopped anticipating a bump a long time ago when voters defied prediction after prediction that they would fall in love with Obamacare.

His best defense against Republican repeal efforts is a robust consumer response, and his best hope to soften years of public antipathy is a successful rollout. That’s why Obama is asking millions of Americans to just give the law a chance — go to the Web, sign up for a health care plan starting Oct. 1 and claim a new benefit that’s there for the taking on Jan. 1. It’s also why Republicans are mounting such an aggressive last stand this week to revoke funding for the law.
The early hiccups may not matter in the long run if the Affordable Care Act survives Republican challenges and goes on to become an entitlement as popular as Social Security or Medicare and if the early gaps between hope and practice narrow as more states agree to expand Medicaid.

Administration officials said the regulatory delays won’t have a significant impact on the overall implementation. And already, despite the unceasing GOP campaign to sink the law, Obamacare has exceeded expectations in some significant ways.

The growth rate for health care costs has slowed to its lowest level in decades, although experts dispute whether the recession or Obamacare should receive the credit.
WOW

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

I can't wait for the day obama has no choice but to come out and say aaaahhh hum I was born in kenya hahahahahalolololo its coming and the sad truth will sink in slowly he lied and he is not like you hahahahahalololololo got the popcorn and the kleenx ready

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you base everything on what an upset grieving mother understood?
No, you are using this woman's grief to promote the idea that Obama lied.
There was no lie.
I take her word for it. I don't have my head up obamas ass. He lied, come to grips with it

"I asked them,‘What happened? Please tell me,’” Smith said.“And every one of them says it was the video, and we all know it wasn’t the video. They all lied to me"

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
We need to question the deaths of those fighting forest fires, such as in Arizona. Many people believe that the effort should be made to save structures, but otherwise forest fires should be allowed to burn themselves out. In fact, that is exactly the practice on the National Park Service.
In the case of the World Trade Center, those on the upper floors could not be saved and the lives of the firefighters were lost needlessly. The culture of dashing into burning buildings without regard to personal safety is brave, but foolish.
I agree and those structures should have some firefighting ability on hand. Fire breaks being the minimum.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was a liberal Carol, in fact he was the ultimate liberal with his message of social justice. I guess that makes him an obnoxious loon too.
Social justice? Loving your neighbor as yourself and giving to the poor was a message given to each and every one of us personally. Christ didn't advocate big government - or Cesar - to be the collective conscience of the people and to take their money involuntarily to waste and squander.

"Give to Cesar's what is Cesar's" was a direct admonishment to pay our taxes - and "give to God what is God's" was a direct admonishment to give our own money to the poor out of love.

Christ's version of "social justice" was the condition of each individual heart. Love God first and then do for others.

Do you think big government is interested in loving God first? You're actually worshipping big government.

Cesar never entered the picture in Christ's teaching. Neither does Obama. We are simply admonished to pray for our leaders. Not put them on a pedestal before God.
WOW

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
We need to question the deaths of those fighting forest fires, such as in Arizona. Many people believe that the effort should be made to save structures, but otherwise forest fires should be allowed to burn themselves out. In fact, that is exactly the practice on the National Park Service.
In the case of the World Trade Center, those on the upper floors could not be saved and the lives of the firefighters were lost needlessly. The culture of dashing into burning buildings without regard to personal safety is brave, but foolish.
Galt lets go outside the box for a few could those fire be acts of terror Farrakhan spoke about this stuff being done by al quida the government and media misdirects inorder to maintain control just a thought because we now Know for a fact we have imported AntiAmerican Illegal entrants look to the recent kenyan attacks is this an excuse for America to be caught up funny the Presidents Born land comes under attack mmmmmmmmmmmm he will bring them to justice mmmmmmmmmwhy thats kenyas job we are not kenyans

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Businesses requested more time & Obama said OK. I thought you fricken bozos liked businesses & now you give Obama crap for working with them addressing their concerns.
Obama can't just change a law because he wants. Only Congress can do that. Tin horn dictators also.
WOW

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Holding hostages who have not committed crimes is the way Muslims operate, not Americans.
So in other words revenge best served cold ok makes sense we have morals good answer you are decent thanks
balls_4_Obama

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Checkmate again !
Now you and dave can give each other sponge baths....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 910,841 - 910,860 of1,033,723
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

31 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
snapchat gay names 21 min Aussieboy123 6
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 36 min Rogue Scholar 05 167,404
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 40 min OzRitz 42,937
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 55 min JOEL COOL DUDE 64,978
Who Dodged the SHOE Better? 2 hr throw more shoes 16
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr prognosticator 96,013
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 hr _Zoey_ 4,022
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE