Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1383831 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 11

Aspers, PA

#992205 Sep 30, 2013
A reminder from Joe Biden to the Right Whiners.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php...
READ THE DAMN BILL

Smithfield, NC

#992206 Sep 30, 2013
http://www.c-span.org/Live-Video/C-SPAN/

LISTEN TO THE BULL SHIT COMING FROM DEM! ON LIVE
C-SPAN
VOTE OUT ALL PEOPLE WHO SUPPORT OBAMA CARE!
Michelle

Jamaica, NY

#992207 Sep 30, 2013
Adam 36 wrote:
Obama is either lying or has very bad advisers...
Khamenei's Fatwa Against Nuclear Arms Does Not Exist
President Obama told the UN General Assembly on Sept. 24: "The Supreme Leader has issued a fatwa against the development of nuclear weapons."In fact, such a fatwa was never issued by Supreme Leader Khamenei and does not exist. The deception regarding "Khamenei's fatwa" has been promoted by the Iranian regime for years. Each time, the fatwa was given a different year of issue - 2005, 2007, or 2012 - but the text was never presented.
http://www.memri.org/report/en/0/0/0/0/0/0/74...
m
I vote option C--obama is lying AND has very bad advisers...
TSM

United States

#992208 Sep 30, 2013
I’ll never forget Obama calling Bush unpatriotic/Failure for raising the Debt Ceiling!! Obama as a United States senator said the following!!
Obama…The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure...Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that “the buck stops here.”
Now, this debt ceiling — I just want to remind people in case you haven’t been keeping up — raising the debt ceiling, which has been done over a hundred times, does not increase our debt; it does not somehow promote wastefulness what a Joke!! Whatever policies Obama puts Forth Foreign/Domestic Equal Failure!! MR PRESIDENT THE BALL IS IN YOUR COURT!!
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#992209 Sep 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
A reminder from Joe Biden to the Right Whiners.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php...
Hair Plugs for Brains Joe O'Biden, the intellect of the of the Democratic Party.

A grin with an idiot behind it....

It's the culture..

Aspers, PA

#992210 Sep 30, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Nope love the constitution. Wish we would get back to it's principles. If we did follow the constitution we wouldn't be in this mess. Listen, in the town and area I grew up in there is no photo ID center. it is a long ways to get there. The closest place is 25 miles away. You need a photo ID to buy alcohol or tobacco products. State law. With the exception of mom and pop stores the cashier must punch in the DOB in the register. Chain stores are required to video tape these transactions. I have heard of no one complaining that they can't buy either. If these people can get to the photo ID place for that they can get there for voting.
Make all the excuses you want. Oh they need a photo ID to by cigarettes & Alcohol...really? When was the last time you were carded?

1) What voter fraud is it stopping? Where are the statistics?

2) How many will not get that ID & stop voting?

When you have the guts to answer those two questions honestly, then you will see what the purpose of these laws are.

This is no different than setting up too few polling booths & creating 2 hour long lines. Not everyone can wait or will wait..

Voter suppression. Why do you support playing political games with the right to vote?
OBAMA the GENIUS

Fayetteville, NC

#992211 Sep 30, 2013
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
How much is the deductible?
Somehow, I bet you'll never tell us.
Hey idiot!

Deductible?

I will take $5 grand deductible over a $200,000 hospital bill or $1 million billed for some procedures!

Plus the hospital will let me pay off the $5 grand over three years!

Get covered! Uninsured in America is dummmm!

ACA: saving me $400 per month.....

WITH BETTER COVERAGE.

Same Blue Cross co pay card!

Lie much Republican?

Aspers, PA

#992212 Sep 30, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Hair Plugs for Brains Joe O'Biden, the intellect of the of the Democratic Party.
A grin with an idiot behind it....
It's the culture..
He put Paul Ryan in his place.

Paul Ran was there voting yes yes yes. Has Ryan apologized for those votes yet?
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#992213 Sep 30, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey idiot!
Deductible?
I will take $5 grand deductible over a $200,000 hospital bill or $1 million billed for some procedures!
Plus the hospital will let me pay off the $5 grand over three years!
Get covered! Uninsured in America is dummmm!
ACA: saving me $400 per month.....
WITH BETTER COVERAGE.
Same Blue Cross co pay card!
Lie much Republican?
If it's ghetto, ignorant, and idiot, it's dangerous, loser, and liberal..

It's the culture...
TSM

United States

#992214 Sep 30, 2013
Obamacare….Over 27 hundred Pages of Lies…10 states where Obamacare wipes out existing plans...California, Missouri, Connecticut, Maryland, South Carolina, New York, New Jersey, Iowa, Wisconsin number 10 Georgia!! WOW!!
TSM

United States

#992215 Sep 30, 2013
What’ Up?… Obamacare Website Quietly Deletes Reference to 'Free Health Care'...anyone with a Brain knows there No such thing as Free!!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#992216 Sep 30, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
The debt-ceiling vote, of course, is not about future spending decisions. It is about whether to cover expenditures the Congress has already authorized. There is no sane reason for subjecting this to a repeated vote. And there is no precedent for serious threats not to honor federal debt -- as opposed to symbolic anti-Administration protest votes, which both parties have cast over the years. Nor for demanding the reversal of major legislation as a condition for routine government operations.
In case the point is not clear yet: there is no post-Civil War precedent for what the House GOP is doing now. It is radical, and dangerous for the economy and our process of government, and its departure from past political disagreements can't be buffed away or ignored.
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2...
... idiots.

If there isn't any money to appropriate, there isn't any money to spend.
The debt ceiling is law. Ultimately, Congress has to raise the debt ceiling to have the money to appropriate.

There is no precedent for spending money that doesn't exist.
There is no precedent for the government spending money that was not authorized by Congress.
There is no precedent for the government violating the law defining the debt ceiling.

The problem is, the people don't like the Marxist programs the Democrats are pushing. The GoP in the House is doing exactly what they should do. They are representing the people and rejecting the Democrats' Marxist communist agenda.

Now, where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
OBAMA the GENIUS

Fayetteville, NC

#992217 Sep 30, 2013
OBAMACARE?

Voters said yes!

Republican magic panties Mitt LOST TO OBAMACARE.

OBAMACARE WON BIG....

5 million votes more votes FOR OBAMA!

OBAMACARE KICKED YOUR AZZZZZZZ!

We won!

You lost!

How does it feel to be a loser?

Republicans?

Mitt?

Rand?

Bhoner?

Cruz?

All in the losers club for life!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#992218 Sep 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Make all the excuses you want. Oh they need a photo ID to by cigarettes & Alcohol...really? When was the last time you were carded?
1) What voter fraud is it stopping? Where are the statistics?
2) How many will not get that ID & stop voting?
When you have the guts to answer those two questions honestly, then you will see what the purpose of these laws are.
This is no different than setting up too few polling booths & creating 2 hour long lines. Not everyone can wait or will wait..
Voter suppression. Why do you support playing political games with the right to vote?
They had to have an ID to cash that welfare check, dumbass. They had to have an ID to apply for welfare, idiot.
How about they use that same ID to vote?
WOW

New York, NY

#992219 Sep 30, 2013
Did anyone one see the lying national enquirer saying obama is a homosexual and crack smoker omg he supports the muslim brotherhood with tax payer money he gives to his brother they said the same thing about rock hudson treying to smear his name their lies gave rock hudson AIDS
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#992220 Sep 30, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain 2012.
That's easy.

In the past 50 years when a sitting president won re-election his party also gained seats in the House.

1964 Johnson won, Democrats +34 seats
1972 Nixon won, Republicans +12 seats
1984 Reagan won, Republicans +16 seats
1996 Clinton won, Democrats +2 seats
2004 Bush W. won, Republicans +3 seats
2012 Obama won, Democrats +8 seats

Do you see a trend?

Obama's +8 seats was actually mediocre, below the +12.5 seat average.

The 2012 Democrat gain in the House was due to the coattail effect, not because of any legislation opposition by republicans.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#992221 Sep 30, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
my take is....Lerner(R) targeted tea party types so that Obama would take the hit.
consider....who blew the whistle?
Lerner first disclosed the IRS targeting at a May 10 tax law conference.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/09/23/lo...
Lerner committed perjury to protect Obama and this is the thanks she gets....perhaps she will tell the truth if given immunity...
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#992222 Sep 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
He put Paul Ryan in his place.
Paul Ran was there voting yes yes yes. Has Ryan apologized for those votes yet?
AND... We're suppose to care what you ignorant ghetto folk "think?" LMAO..

RealDumbDave always bent over and punked by No Surprize obama, a racist Joe Biden, someone or something...

It's the culture...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#992223 Sep 30, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I love how you people throw out statistics without any proof. Go put your head back in the sand. The Affordable Care Act is the law of the land and it is going to get a chance to sink or swim whether you and yours like it or not.
"law of the land" = leftwing talking points for parrots...

Aspers, PA

#992224 Sep 30, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> How many are close by in nearby counties?
We have 3 adjoining counties. So is 600 polling places & 4 photo ID centers better?

It is not convenient. It is not walkable. You can't get there without transportation.

If the Republicans were truly interested in the voter photo ID stopping fraud, they would have made sure there were more photo centers, mobile units, partnering with Walmart or CVS or something.

But they did NOTHING.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 22 min Dr Guru 214,580
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 27 min GEORGIA 8,455
News Leaders pleading for peace in Chicago after wav... 39 min Ronald 4
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Alfred the early ... 59,537
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 3 hr GEORGIA 2,446
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr GEORGIA 6,177
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 4 hr boundary painter 8,470
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) Sat Sublime1 102,044
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages