Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#991314 Sep 28, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he's taking lessons from Miley Cyrus, especially the toungue part.
She's a cute little minx! Most of those panning her are older jealous overweight sows or guys stuck with older jealous overweight sows.

“For God & Country”

Since: Aug 13

The Promised Land Illinois

#991315 Sep 28, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
"Down" $400/mo. LMAO......
You will be worm food soon, chimpus...:-)
Please don’t threaten the worms.:)

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#991317 Sep 28, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Obama and the Democrats are the ones calling people trying to cut the budget, bomb throwers and anarchists. If there's a shutdown, the Republicans aren't responsible, the ones who refuse to negotiate like Obama and Reid are to blame.
LMAO. The majority does not need to "negotiate" with the minority. It works the other way around. List one area where the Republicans have "negotiated".

Bomb throwers and anarchists seems right up their alley:

Republican Pete Sessions:(March 2009, National Journal interview)

"Taliban Insurgency, we understand perhaps a little bit more because of the Taliban. Insurgency is the way they went about systematically understanding how to disrupt and change a person's entire processes. And these Taliban -- is an example of how you go about to change a person from their messaging to their operations to their frontline message. And we need to understand that Insurgency may be required when [dealing with] the other side..."

"If they [democrats] do not give us those options or opportunities then we will then become Insurgency ... I think Insurgency is a mindset and an attitude that we're going to have to search for and find ways to get our message out and to be prepared to see things for what they are, rather than trying to do something about them."

Republican senators Jim DeMint, Jon Kyl, Tom Coburn, John Ensign, and Bob Corker have filibustered more bills (over 300) than any Congress combined in US History. That is not negotiating.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/06/08/1098...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#991318 Sep 28, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>If it's ghetto, ignorant, and idiot, it's illiterate, loser, and liberal..
It's the culture...
repeat please
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#991321 Sep 28, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
That'll be the day!!
You're hallucinating again, you old fool.
Take your best shot, I'll have you whining about how mean I am, just as I always have.
Nutsack always bent over and punked by No Surprize Grampy, someone or something...

If it's ghetto, ignorant, and idiot, it's illiterate, loser, and liberal..

It's the culture...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#991322 Sep 28, 2013
TSM wrote:
Iran gets what they wanted ‘Time!! Putin/ Rouhani, 2 Obama, 0!!
UN Resolution 2118__Obama 10, Putin and Rouhani zip, zilch, nada.

“For God & Country”

Since: Aug 13

The Promised Land Illinois

#991323 Sep 28, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah idiot....
50 million are going to throw away their new insurance coverage guaranteed by federal law?
I am saving $400 per MONTH!
ACA! BABY!
OLD WHITE PUCEEE REPUBLICANS ARE DONE!
Liars all.
Racists all.
Hypocrites all.
Fenny knows. His party sckkkkks azzzzzz!
Idiot losers!
Hey dummmmmm ffffck! You still alive? You old dying has been. Just ffffck off! You and waxxy turd! Nobody likes you. Can I pizzzzz on your funeral?:)
I am glad I am not white! More of an off white maybe a lite tan.
And my insurance is going up $0.00
Why are you so angry? You could stroke out or have a heart attack being this angry!
Chill - smoke a blunt (Medical Purposes).
As it turns out not all people are going to be covered by Obama Care. People are still falling in the cracks.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#991324 Sep 28, 2013
Scientists more convinced mankind is main cause of warming

""STOCKHOLM (Reuters)- Leading climate scientists said on Friday they were more convinced than ever that humans are the main culprits for global warming, and predicted the impact from greenhouse gas emissions could linger for centuries.

The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) said in a report that a hiatus in warming this century, when temperatures have risen more slowly despite growing emissions, was a natural variation that would not last.

It said the Earth was set for more heatwaves, floods, droughts and rising sea levels from melting ice sheets that could swamp coasts and low-lying islands as greenhouse gases built up in the atmosphere.

The study, meant to guide governments in shifting towards greener energies, said it was "extremely likely", with a probability of at least 95 percent, that human activities were the dominant cause of warming since the mid-20th century.

That was an increase from "very likely", or 90 percent, in the last report in 2007 and "likely", 66 percent, in 2001.

U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said the study was a call for governments, many of which have been focused on spurring weak economies rather than fighting climate change, to work to reach a planned U.N. accord in 2015 to combat global warming.

"The heat is on. Now we must act," he said of the report agreed in Stockholm after a week of talks between scientists and delegates from more than 110 nations.

European Climate Commissioner Connie Hedegaard said it was time to treat the Earth's health. "If your doctor was 95 percent sure you had a serious disease, you would immediately start looking for the cure," she said.

Compiled from the work of hundreds of scientists, the report faces extra scrutiny this year after its 2007 edition included an error that exaggerated the rate of melting of Himalayan glaciers. An outside review later found that the mistake did not affect its main conclusions.

The IPCC said some effects of warming would last far beyond current lifetimes.

Sea levels could rise by 3 meters (9 feet, 10 inches) under some scenarios by 2300 as ice melted and heat made water in the deep oceans expand, it said. About 15 to 40 percent of emitted carbon dioxide would stay in the atmosphere for more than 1,000 years.

"As a result of our past, present and expected future emissions of carbon dioxide, we are committed to climate change and effects will persist for many centuries even if emissions of carbon dioxide stop," said Thomas Stocker, co-chair of the talks.

The IPCC said humanity had emitted about 530 billion tons of carbon, more than half the 1 trillion ton budget it estimated as a maximum to keep warming to manageable limits. Annual emissions are now almost 10 billion tons and rising.

Explaining a recent slower pace of warming, the report said the past 15-year period was skewed by the fact that 1998 was an extremely warm year with an El Nino event - a warming of the ocean surface - in the Pacific.

It said warming had slowed "in roughly equal measure" because of random variations in the climate and the impact of factors such as volcanic eruptions, when ash dims sunshine, and a cyclical decline in the sun's output.

Rajendra Pachauri, chair of the IPCC, told Reuters the reduction in warming would have to last far longer - "three or four decades" - to be a sign of a new trend.

And the report predicted that the reduction in warming would not last, saying temperatures from 2016-35 were likely to be 0.3-0.7 degree Celsius (0.5 to 1.3 Fahrenheit) warmer than in 1986-2005.""

----------

Time for cons and Teabaggers to quit putting their heads up their asses and pretending climate change isn't real.

But they're married to stupidity, so they likely won't change.

It's up to TRUE AMERICANS to beat their backwards butts to a pulp, as we have on gay civil rights and women's reproductive rights.

Location hidden

#991325 Sep 28, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
honest? WND material honest? honest that didn't keep Obama out of the WH?
honestly, you're out of your mind.
I've come to the conclusion that most all Republicans are out of their minds. Ever try have a political discussion with one of them face to face? Their face gets red and they almost explode before screaming, "I'm not going to discuss it"!! Cretins.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#991326 Sep 28, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>UN Resolution 2118__Obama 10, Putin and Rouhani zip, zilch, nada.
Oh, don't say that!

The right wing putin supporters here don't appreciate your candor! You'll hurt their feelings!
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#991327 Sep 28, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
But we all knew that 'Grampy' was a code word for 'Liar with Dementia'.
You're full of shit about the Korean Military exercises. If you weren't so brain addled, you'd have noted that Obama held joint exercises with South Korea, in March and in August 2013.
----------
South Korea: Joint military drills with U.S. over, but vigilance on North remains
By KJ Kwon, CNN
updated 2:26 PM EDT, Tue April 30, 2013
http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/30/world/asia/sout...
----------
S. Korea-US drill begins, simulating invasion by North
Published August 18, 2013AFP
"South Korea launched a military drill Monday with the United States against a simulated North Korean invasion, even as tensions between Seoul and Pyongyang eased after a series of breakthroughs.
Defence Ministry officials confirmed the exercise was underway from early Monday morning"
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/08/18/s-kor...
It was on FAUX, how'd you miss it, old fool??
----------
Obama's team found and had Bin Laden killed.
Obama's sanctions got Iran to blink and ask for talks.
Bush got nothing out of Iran for 8 years, nitwit. All he did was bluster.
Obama's threats got Syria to admit, for the first time in their history, that it actually had a chemical weapons program. They had never admitted to it before Obama threatened them with Air Strikes.
Putin went along, he is desperate to save any part of the Assad regime he can.
Obama is also making more progress on the Israeli Palestinian peace talks than Bush's stupid 'Roadmap to Peace' ever accomplished.
Where is that roadmap, you old lying fool??
You are right, they held the military exercises.

Obama cancelled an intercontinental ballistic missile to APPEASE the North Koreans!!!

Obama hasn't made any progress in the Israeli Palestinian matter. All he's really done is let the world know he's on the Palestinian/terrorist side. Few see that as progress.

Location hidden

#991328 Sep 28, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> You;re probably one of those irresponsible dumbasss mothers who do not vaccinate their kids.
That's her to a tee....except I believe she is too self-absorbed to be a mother.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#991329 Sep 28, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>repeat please
If it's ghetto, ignorant, and idiot, Yeah... it's illiterate, loser, and liberal..

It's the culture...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#991330 Sep 28, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've come to the conclusion that most all Republicans are out of their minds. Ever try have a political discussion with one of them face to face? Their face gets red and they almost explode before screaming, "I'm not going to discuss it"!! Cretins.
You know? Sometimes I think their idea of a 'discussion' is for them to talk and for you to listen!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#991331 Sep 28, 2013
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, they held the military exercises.
Obama cancelled an intercontinental ballistic missile to APPEASE the North Koreans!!!
Obama hasn't made any progress in the Israeli Palestinian matter. All he's really done is let the world know he's on the Palestinian/terrorist side. Few see that as progress.
Oh... right....

He should have done what bushie boy did....

and his father....

and Reagan...

btw, what did they accomplish with this problem?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#991332 Sep 28, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
"The margin"?? Chimpy, you must have been asleep (or getting pumped) during the last midterm election. Let me remind you of the results: the greatest election landslide in history in favor of the Republicans.
OK, now you can resume getting pumped....
Funny how Waxturd's retarded puppet keeps referring to an eection in 2010, while ignoring the electionof 2012, where Obama beat the Magic Mormon and Dems gained seats in both the House and Senate.

That was the election where 'AMERICA VOTED FOR OBAMACARE'!!

Suck on that for awhile.

Of course, Waxturd is well known for his stupidity, as well as his cadre of sockpuppets.

Fenris is his self loathing gay puppet.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#991333 Sep 28, 2013
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
Pipe down punk, or I'll bitch slap you until you change your Topix name again!
Oooohh, Grampy waving his cane!!!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#991334 Sep 28, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, i know how that works. which is why i've been banned from the local tea party meetings.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#991335 Sep 28, 2013
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
Phenomenally stupid. It's a major concession to Iran!
I like the pope, he told Pelosi she's going to hell!
How would he know who is going to hell or not?

Location hidden

#991336 Sep 28, 2013
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny since Obama didn't negotiate with bin Laden he killed him
You can't negotiate with crazy people (evidenced by the Republicans in congress). Bin Laden was crazy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 17 min Patriot AKA Bozo 49,337
abby 12-26 29 min RACE 5
amy 12-26 36 min RACE 5
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 52 min WelbyMD 182,134
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMare 51,293
For a meat-centric dinner, meet at Skrine Chops (Jan '08) 6 hr Reddog 6
Fight at Navy Pier 9 hr joey 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]