Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#991127 Sep 27, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand why you care. You have a low cost catastrophic health insurance policy. That's all you need to comply with the provisions of the Affordable Health Care Act. Stop worrying about everyone else, they will be just fine.
first, you have no idea what kind of insurance Galt has...

second, Galt is paying the taxes to finance the freebies for you people...

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#991128 Sep 27, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Under obamacare, I can wait till I'm sick to buy it. Besides, "Emeen" told us earlier today it's stupid to buy health insurance if you're healthy.
You do realize that without milking the healthy, obamacare could not be funded in it's current form.
Really? You think the Affordable Care Act is funded by the premiums paid by the likes of you? LMAO
Lakeesha Bocateesha

Lakewood, NJ

#991129 Sep 27, 2013
Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh wow, dittohead of the fat junkie speaketh! GFY Moran
lily sure gots a dirty mouth for bein a mama
Voluntarist

United States

#991130 Sep 27, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Because they refused to have their baby vaccinated. As the hospital figured out when the lawyers came with the police, they had to release the baby with out vaccinations. Liberal Illinois. Looking forward to what O'bama care is going to do to babies-if they are born that is.
Disgusting, I had a similar experience although much worse.
LCNLin

United States

#991131 Sep 27, 2013
Former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney said Friday that he disagrees with members of his party who are trying to use the threat of a government shutdown to strip funding from Obamacare.

"We're more effective tactically not to use a shutdown of some kind to pursue the ... anti-Obamacare objective. I don't think that will be as effective,Ē Romney told CNNís Jake Tapper.

ďI think there's a better way of getting rid of Obamacare ó my own view ó and that is, one, delaying it by at least a year. That was Senator Manchin's idea, the Democrats' idea,Ē Romney added.

The Senate on Friday voted 54 to 44, by party line, to keep the governmentís lights on through November. The bill now heads to the House, where conservative lawmakers have vowed to block any funding bill that funds the presidentís health-care law.

If lawmakers in both chambers canít come to an agreement by Tuesday, many parts of the federal government will grind to a halt.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#991132 Sep 27, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
No worry. YOU won't see your insurance premium increase more than it did last year.
maybe, maybe not, but the tax increase is already a reality...

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#991133 Sep 27, 2013
Switch gears!

"In 2011, according to the US Census, the median income for a man aged 25-34 was $32,581 (£20,368). The average Silicon Valley salary was a little under $100,000. The Bay Areaís tech industry boasts 50 or more billionaires and many thousands of millionaires. Yet homelessness in the region has risen by 20 per cent in two years. "

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/ameri...

Location hidden

#991134 Sep 27, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say anything about an emergency. You fckn illiterate liberal. Last time I NEEDED an x-ray, ordered by my P.C.P. it was done in a hospital.
Well then, if it isn't an emergency, there is absolutely no reason a person can't go to the hospital that is covered by their insurance.
Voluntarist

United States

#991135 Sep 27, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is forcing him "at gun point" to buy anything and he certainly isn't paying for the insurance of others. That's not in his nature.
What will happen when I refuse to buy health insurance?

“Weak People Blame Others”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#991136 Sep 27, 2013
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>if someone is on Medicaid/medicare they don't have the means to pay?

Where will oBamacare get the money to pay for these people?
It's an attempt to lower the cost by requiring everyone to get coverage. Currently, too many younger/healthier folks don't have health insurance. If they come into the system, the ratio of premium paid vs. claims paid will drop. If the ratio drops, health insurance will be cheaper and more folks on Medicaid will be able to afford private insurance.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#991137 Sep 27, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Haven't you every carried health insurance? IF someone actually NEEDS has an emergency, they can go to the nearest hospital and their insurance will cover the cost.
...or they can simply pay the bills with all the insurance premium money they have saved and invested over the years...
Voluntarist

United States

#991138 Sep 27, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Rationing is the key problem in countries with socialized medicine.
Liberals think it's going to be different here even with a population of over 300 million.
They think government running our health care instead of running the military and the treasury is the best thing since sliced bread.
They must love going to the DMV.
Because we all know that government is the best at running things lol!

Location hidden

#991139 Sep 27, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
But it didn't prevent your disease.

It resulted in early detection which prevented my disease from spreading and allowed me to be cancer free. That is good enough for me. One of the number one preventive measures someone can take to avoid illness is STOP SMOKING yet some people on here just don't care about their health.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#991140 Sep 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the hard truth is that early diagnosis of some cancers just increases the cost of treatment and prolongs the agony of death...in other cases lives are saved, so a mixed bag...
certainly you realize thousands of women were diagnosed with stage ZERO breast cancer and were 'so-called' saved, never needed surgery and had no cancer at all. But they count them as been saved. It is one of the biggest hoaxes perpetrated by the Cancer loving society.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-212...

And not only that the 'preventive' medicine of testing did more harm than good. The mammograms actually cause cancer. And some of these stupid broads have them done every 6 months. Are they glowing from all the radiation?

Location hidden

#991141 Sep 27, 2013
Brain dead Liberals always looking to Europe for the answers to what is ailing society...

medicine..
safety nets..

"UPDATE 2-Poland reduces public debt through pension funds overhaul"

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/09/04/pol...
Voluntarist

United States

#991142 Sep 27, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>That one is a vegan with a small brain--and cancer. Remember when all the 'fat free' food crap started in the 90's? What better way to cause cancer than with fat free 'sugar'--feeding the candida which in turn leads to cancer-over 99% of the people diagnosed with cancer are full of it. Cholesterol medicine is now causing dementia and diabetes. Americans are stupid when it comes to health and doctors. I hate them. The only thing western doctors are good for in my opinion are repairs and trauma. Certainly they are 'curing' anything.
And it is illegal for anyone but an oncologist to treat cancer.

Location hidden

#991143 Sep 27, 2013
Brain dead Liberals always looking to Europe for the answers to what is ailing society...

Iceland and 'haircuts'

"Iceland Borrows European "Template" - Removes Large Deposit Guarantees"

http://www.zerohedge.com/print/479265
Voluntarist

United States

#991144 Sep 27, 2013
Buy American or Drop Dead wrote:
<quoted text>
It's an attempt to lower the cost by requiring everyone to get coverage. Currently, too many younger/healthier folks don't have health insurance. If they come into the system, the ratio of premium paid vs. claims paid will drop. If the ratio drops, health insurance will be cheaper and more folks on Medicaid will be able to afford private insurance.
Its not going to work out that way, the insurance companies lobbied and wrote the bill.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#991145 Sep 27, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Disgusting, I had a similar experience although much worse.
Fortunately we all have the same alternative doctor-he knew the law and came to the hospital immediately with the corporate attorneys we have on call 24-7--then the police were called by the attorneys. It was like a stand off--stupid doctor blocking him from taking his baby. It was like being criminals. That is what liberals want though, isn't it? a nation of criminals.
Voluntarist

United States

#991146 Sep 27, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
It resulted in early detection which prevented my disease from spreading and allowed me to be cancer free. That is good enough for me. One of the number one preventive measures someone can take to avoid illness is STOP SMOKING yet some people on here just don't care about their health.
Since you believe in preventative care you take selenium daily?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min wojar 181,959
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 45 min JOEL 71,140
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 46 min IBdaMann 49,256
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr KiMare 51,267
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,897
French researchers find new strain of HIV virus... (Aug '09) 4 hr dango64 6
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr PEllen 98,858
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News