Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#990494 Sep 27, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck on your home purchase Carol. Thanks to the newly formed Consumer Financial Protection Bureau you're a lot less likely to get screwed on the deal but then again that's another thing the Republicans opposed and want defunded.
More than likely, complying with requirements of this federal bureaucracy will add administrative costs to the transaction.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#990495 Sep 27, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck on your home purchase Carol. Thanks to the newly formed Consumer Financial Protection Bureau you're a lot less likely to get screwed on the deal but then again that's another thing the Republicans opposed and want defunded.
How?

Does the CFPB negotiate the sales price?

Does the CFPB negotiate the interest rate?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#990496 Sep 27, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the easily fooled I'm worried about - not those they elect.
lol! You should be concerned with yourself.

No wonder you practiced indoctrination when 'teaching' kids!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#990497 Sep 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The population of the US is growing at a rate of 0.9% per year, or about 3 million per year.
The important statistic is that the percentage of Americans in the labor force is steadily declining, so fewer and fewer producers are supporting more and more moochers..
FACT: According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics: In August, 2003, "Civilian labor force participation rate" was 66.1%. In December, 2008, it was 66.1%. In August, 2013, the "Civilian labor force participation rate" was 63.2%(1% of that was lost in the first month of Obama's presidency). I don't think that is bad considering all the destructiveness done by the Bush administration policies.

Things will drastically improve once we get rid of the Republican controlled House which has kept our economy from growing.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#990498 Sep 27, 2013
TSM wrote:
Families struggling with a 40 hr. work week now being reduce to 30 how’s that improving their Lives? I guess Liberals would argue that the tradeoff is now they have Obamacare….A Joke!!
I guess after 50 years of trying to destroy this Country with Liberalism we have finally reached our collective puke point. Let the battle begin!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#990499 Sep 27, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
It is failure of the federal government. The solution is not the debt ceiling. The solution is up to Congress & the President.
In the late 90's they did their job & matched revenues & spending to have a balanced budget.
Then the American people voted for a man who said that we should "give it back" instead of pay down the debt. He left office with the worst economic mess since the Great Depression.
When recovering rom this mess, slashing spending indiscriminately is not a solution. Government contraction only hurts the recovery.
Unfortunately, Republicans have chosen to work against the recovery & fight to maintain subsidies for big business will cutting said to children.
Higher taxes have zero chance in Congress, so what is your plan, Dumbass Dave?

Location hidden

#990500 Sep 27, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Since the recession started 4th quarter 2007, with a democratic majority Pelosi and Reid Congress takeover thru 2009 including unemployment never going under 7% in 52 straight months still to this day under a sellout obama...
List the legislation that majority democrats pelosi and reid passed that would have prevented the worst recession, this libtard mess, your retarded mess, losing 750,000 jobs per month, in 80+ years when 'w' handed over the keys to the WH and would have closed Gitmo?
If it's ghetto, ignorant, and idiot, it's urban, loser, and liberal..
It's the culture...
Every try to stop an avalanche? That is what Pelosi and Reid were up against. Can't be done. FACT: Republicans started the ball rolling.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#990501 Sep 27, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Only the sick degenerate people will sign up, there is no reason for healthy people to be involved with O'bamacare. I am sure they have better ways to spend their own money than on the losers of society.
...which is why the current premiums will be totally inadequate and big increases will occur next year....just ahead of the 2014 elections...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#990502 Sep 27, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Did we say you could speak, Reichatrd?
lol! Typical con.... complaining about his free speech while taking it away from others!

I love this comedy channel!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#990503 Sep 27, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>That's because you're a fkn idiot.
First off, Tim Scott had only recently been elected to the US when Nikki Haley appointed him to the US Senate seat vacated by Jim DeMint, Do you remember Jim DeMint?
Government can't be run like a business unless it is rearranged to resemble a business and that will never happen for we have these things called elections. Imagine a business with leadership elected by it's customers every 2 and 4 years.
That's because you're a fkn idiot.... LMFAO... Realtime always and still bent over and punked by Carol...

What a loser Realtime...

It's the culture......
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#990504 Sep 27, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>You with a stupid argument heavily influenced by ignorance and vast tracts of deranged gray matter and ghetto
It's the culture...
repeat please

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#990505 Sep 27, 2013
Realtime wrote:
First off, Tim Scott had only recently been elected to the US when Nikki Haley appointed him to the US Senate seat vacated by Jim DeMint, Do you remember Jim DeMint?
Government can't be run like a business unless it is rearranged to resemble a business and that will never happen for we have these things called elections. Imagine a business with leadership elected by it's customers every 2 and 4 years.
Yeah, I guess anyone talking about government being held responsible and managing spending like a business and stating the obvious - that no one on Capital Hill is even talking about priorities - would, to you, make someone what you called me.

How is Tim Scott to blame for being appointed to fill a vacant seat no matter whose it was? And who cares if it was a Republican governor who appointed him?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#990506 Sep 27, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how you never cite any of your "credible sources".
he doesn't know how.

Location hidden

#990507 Sep 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
This is from a managed care company, not a fee-for-service insurance company.
Do you understand the difference?
So, show me where in the Affordable Care Act does it says that "a fee-for-service" insurance company has "death panels". Put up or shut up.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#990508 Sep 27, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Even Moody's said they would not downgrade the U.S. from their triple A rating if the government shut down.
The government has shut down several times. And Yet? no one cared. The democrats who controlled the Senate and the House,(the complete Congress and the presidency)(Jimmah Carter) shut the government down three times for Abortion.
If the government "shuts down", most people will not be affected in any material way.

Nobody cares.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#990509 Sep 27, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't know; does it?
SEIU joins Kathleen Sebelius in Obamacare outreach push
Service Employees International Union President Mary Kay Henry announced that it will partner with advocacy groups, including Enroll America and Families USA, to help the Department of Health and Human Services promote Obamacare in 30 cities in coming weeks.
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/09/seiu-ob...
So does SEIU want their employers to drop all medical coverage so that they can enroll on the exchanges and receive subsidies?

Orlando, FL

#990510 Sep 27, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Every try to stop an avalanche? That is what Pelosi and Reid were up against. Can't be done. FACT: Republicans started the ball rolling.
Uh...excuse me for having to tell you what everyone already knows. Democrats were in control of Congress two years prior to Obama being elected and two years after Obama was elected.

They had two years after the 2008 election to single-handedly turn the economy around. They had control of both Congress and the Executive Branch.

But a good crisis couldn't go to waste, remember? So we got Obamacare instead.

Pick your avalanches carefully. You picked the wrong one.

Orlando, FL

#990511 Sep 27, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! You should be concerned with yourself.
No wonder you practiced indoctrination when 'teaching' kids!
You're one of the main ones among the easily fooled that I'm worried about.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#990512 Sep 27, 2013
Realtime wrote:
you always throw in sht no one is talking about. You think it makes you sound smart. In reality it had the opposite effect.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#990513 Sep 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
If the government "shuts down", most people will not be affected in any material way.
Nobody cares.
lol! Then let's hear you say they should make the shut down permanent son!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Dale 179,421
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 11 min WeWeWe 50,641
omnipods boxes for sale 27 min thanxlord 1
Amy 10-24 27 min Mister Tonka 12
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 1 hr Anonymous91 54,522
Drop a letter lose 10 words ! 1 hr Anonymous97 30
Dr john 0782857120 abortion clinic in jane furs... 2 hr Dr john 1
Abby 10-24 8 hr edogxxx 23
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info