Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#990749 Sep 27, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
All of you obamabots should look at the NEW YORK TIMES poll
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/09/26...
Hell, "other" ranks higher in importance than "health care" 22 to 8.
"Disapprove" on every question about obama is higher than "approve".
If healthcare ranks so low, why are you right whiners talking about it & voting on it every week?

Wy don't your heroes Cruz & the fraud Paul work on the economy & jobs instead of tying up the Senate for nearly 24 hours blabbing about healthcare?

When Republicans shut down the government & hurt jobs & the economy because of healthcare, then what?
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#990750 Sep 27, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit trying to think, its not working. What you need to do is get off this site and study for your GED.
Its the culture.
Emeem (Patrick) always bent over and punked by No Surprize Eman or something...

If it's ghetto, ignorant, and idiot, it's illiterate, loser, and liberal..

It's the culture...

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#990751 Sep 27, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, not one of you loony left wingers can read. Here's my post FOR THE THIRD TIME!
""will you guys make up your mind? Do they or don't they pay taxes? we don't need more low skilled Americans. Why do you think Mexico encourages immigration to America? ""
Where do i say "force"? You are sitting there calling someone an idiot when you don't even understand what you are reading. WOW!
Only one hour ago you made this post inviting you "guys" and "not one of you loony left wingers" to answer your dumbass question. Now you claim it was directed to ONE specific person.
Are you:confused, a liar, just plain stupid or all three?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#990752 Sep 27, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
"All pay sales tax"
are you sure about that?
Four states have no sales tax and others do not tax food or clothing, so that low-income people pay very little sales tax.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#990753 Sep 27, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"Eman"
"leosampleanus" my guess is needs a real man and a cold drink to improve her personality, though in "leos" case maybe the operative words are a real woman.
Peace
Is the cold drink for her or the (obviously blind and def) man?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#990754 Sep 27, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
If healthcare ranks so low, why are you right whiners talking about it & voting on it every week?
Because we are forced at the point of a gun to pay for the medical care of moochers...
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#990755 Sep 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
Fresh off his 21-hour filibuster against Obamacare funding, a new poll shows that Sen. Ted Cruz has leapfrogged past his potential rivals for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination and that GOP primary voters trust him more than their party leaders on Capitol Hill.
The Public Policy Polling survey found that 20 percent of those surveyed supported Mr. Cruz, Texas Republican, while 17 percent supported Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky, 14 percent supported New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and 11 percent supported former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush.
“Ted Cruz this week established himself as the grassroots hero of the Republican party,” said Dean Debnam, president of PPP.“The party has more faith in him than their more official leaders like Mitch McConnell and John Boehner.”
Mr. Cruz has climbed eight percentage points in the poll since July.
Ca ca ca Cruz getting a big filibuster bump, but I doubt he's electable. Rand will make a tough candidate to beat; young, smart, good-looking, and more level-headed independent Libertarian appeal than his Dad...

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#990756 Sep 27, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Wy don't your heroes Cruz & the fraud Paul work on the economy & jobs instead of tying up the Senate for nearly 24 hours blabbing about healthcare?
When Republicans shut down the government & hurt jobs & the economy because of healthcare, then what?
Read the poll, stupid.

<It's not "if" it does, IT DOES!>

Gettysburg, PA

#990757 Sep 27, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
The people who are ripping Ted Cruz just voted to defund O'bamacare---so they can home and say they voted to defund O'bamacare. See what a bunch of scammers the democrats are--they all voted to defund O'bamacare--and now Harry Reid will strip out the language to defund O'bama and send it to the house. This is how democrats roll. Gypsies Tramps and Thieves.
Its fun watching you right whiners eat your own.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#990758 Sep 27, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Very disappointing post e-mutt.
Dude, you drink pisswater before 10am. Do you really think your opinion means sht to me?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#990759 Sep 27, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit trying to think, its not working. What you need to do is get off this site and study for your GED.
Its the culture.
Why bother with a GED when my Bachelor of Arts degree is worth so much more?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#990760 Sep 27, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Your brain is non-op. Evidently Eman doesn't think he has a body. The funny part is that Eman likely has insurance as do all the dumbss right whiners b*tching about the mandate.
BTW, farm vehicles are covered under the farm policy.
they are not the problem...

the:
lazy
illegal
crooks
about 2/3 of the democratic voter demographic
are...

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#990761 Sep 27, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>2005? True then e-mutt, with a building boom, hurricanes etc there was a huge need for uncomplicated casual labor.
But the illegal Mexicans began hauling azz beginning around the time DaBammy was sworn in and their numbers continue to shrink even now, to the point where even Lou Dobb's has stopped lying.
Current official estimates range from 10 to 11 million illegal Mexican nationals__probably closer to 8 million. The migrant farm workers remain drastically over counted.
i realize the pisswater makes you think you sound smart, but what exactly does that have to do with my post?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#990762 Sep 27, 2013
I think everyone should be sprotin Niner logos. Looks good on here.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#990763 Sep 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the answer is "no" in almost all cases...in fact, these fools won't read the policy before they sign up and will be in for a shock when they learn the details...
Wait until one of them NEEDS a hospital and ends up in one that is not in the network.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#990764 Sep 27, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Its fun watching you right whiners eat your own.
Do you ever correct people on the left for stepping out of line?

No, you don't. Because your ethics are about as useful as a turd...

Gettysburg, PA

#990765 Sep 27, 2013
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
What exactly does that have to do with Obama's promises?
Close your eyes and what do you see?
So, you are just another right whiner who when they get caught in a lie, they change the subject. The subject was recovering from the Bush recession.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#990766 Sep 27, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Ca ca ca Cruz getting a big filibuster bump, but I doubt he's electable. Rand will make a tough candidate to beat; young, smart, good-looking, and more level-headed independent Libertarian appeal than his Dad...
either one fine with Galt...

just no more wimps like Romney or McCain...

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#990767 Sep 27, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Only one hour ago you made this post inviting you "guys" and "not one of you loony left wingers" to answer your dumbass question. Now you claim it was directed to ONE specific person.
Are you:confused, a liar, just plain stupid or all three?
Sorry Patric, I can't help it if you don't understand how a forum works.
LCNLin

United States

#990768 Sep 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
So, with fewer people working and more retiring, who will pay the Social Security and Medicare benefits?
By the way, the last baby boomers won't retire until 2030 and they will be collecting benefits until 2050, so the situation will continue to worsen.
Current retirement ages are unrealistic in the face of increased life expectancy...
...off topic and amusing

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Guru 187,264
abby 4-24 10 min Michael Satterfield 17
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 27 min TRD 69,671
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 39 min zion 52,831
Amy 4-24 1 hr Julie 12
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Doug77 5,898
Appletree Daycare Center, Pulaski, 3 hr maria 1
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]