Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#990153 Sep 26, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good thing you and your "circle of friends/associates" are old farts and won't bear the brunt of this impending calamity.
It's young working males who will pay the brunt of yours and my cost...but the problem is jobs are getting more scarce for young males and Obama actually believes they're waiting in line to sign up and pay out the wazoo instead of pay the penalty tax.
What then?
lol! Funny... that's why Paul Ryan used his mother in his commercials when he was running for president.

Had her telling the world the older generation was 'protected.'

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#990154 Sep 26, 2013
WOW wrote:
Will the government start taking the Guns from the Chicago gangs first or will they attack legal innocent Americans with out crime and poverty is the government really needed will the criminals give up their guns no the government will attack the American People with Un sanctions these two long jaws obama and kerry
Clinton tried to clean up Chicago's gang violence by implementing Operation Cleansweep during his administration and it failed when the blacks started screaming that it was racist for him to target the poor, subsidized apartment complexes there. Like he didn't know they would play the race card to keep guns on government owned property? Puhleeze, what a waste of time and money.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#990155 Sep 26, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Some people profited from the oppression of others. Not directly but, profited none the less. Now you people expect the oppressed to be as financially or economically strong as the oppressor. How stupid is that? All 1 has to do is, look at their demographically depressed living circumstances to see, the American dream turned out to be a nightmare for that class of people.
Who expects workers to be "as financially or economically strong" as their employer? Many of you leftist democrats think that way, and I agree, that IS stupid.

Arguing demographics will sink a democrat's argument quicker than lead boots. Democrats have overwhelmingly controlled "depressed living circumstances" for decades.

See Detroit. Yes, democrats did that.

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#990156 Sep 26, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing you've typed convinces me that any of the points you're trying to make are factual.
Just the opposite - as you're claiming that companies are using temp services "to cut out from paying for the employee's insurance", I can easily claim they're doing it to avoid the fees, fines, taxes, and regulations of Obama's ACA.
Can tell us how Obama and his administration has promoted self reliance and personal responsibility, two of the most important habits for any type of success, or maybe you're a fan of wealth redistribution and looking to the government to get involved whenever you've deemed something "unfair"?
You claim lots of stuff, Ray, unfortunately not much is true.

Do you know what is meant by "redistribution of Wealth"?

Are you calling for the return of discrimination??

Location hidden

#990157 Sep 26, 2013
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>Trayvon, its all because the president is black racism racism racism racism its the republicans blame blame blame then the same hypocrites say everything is grand like you Homor fos
It's past time for the race card to be shredded for the irrelevant POS it is.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#990159 Sep 26, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't live in a gated community to defend yourself from myths...
i don't live in a gated community. i wish i did. i could keep all the white folks at bay.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#990160 Sep 26, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you calling for the return of discrimination??
LBJ's welfare state left the black community in a permanent state of bondage and in discrimination to their political slavemasters, foreman and racist management you idiot...

EW Jackson says Great Society worse for black families than slavery

Demokrats, Klan Parent Hood, race cop Al Sharpton, Grievance Peddler Jesse Jackson, Black Panthers, MSNBC all profiteering in racism, discrimination and hate..

It's the culture...

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#990161 Sep 26, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>actually you are wrong. If a woman get breast cancer now over the age of 70 she will no longer be treated--and in case any person wanted to pay for this out of pocket-to be treated, they will not be able to do that either. It would be considered racist. If that isn't a death panel, what is?
That rumor was debunked even before the Affordable Care Act became law. Nothing in the law changes how people are going to be treated. Today's " Utilization Management" is no different than your Obamacare "Death Panels". If you believe "utilization management" guidelines represent "death panels", then "death panels" existed under the Bushes and Reagan, too. Shame on them!

Example:

"Utilization management professionals have no financial
incentives to deny services. Our UM decision-making is based only on appropriateness of care and service and existence of coverage."

"Prospective review refers to the review that takes place prior to requested procedures/admissions. This is achieved through a precertification process for elective admissions, certain diagnostic procedures, and outpatient surgeries."

The majority of this activity is carried out by nurses and other utilization management professionals. They use clinical screening tools such as Interqual to apply consistent standards.

Questionable cases are reviewed by our medical directors and a panel of doctor advisors."

Preauthorization Review

"Utilization Management nurses review proposed surgeries and other health care services --inpatient and outpatient. We call this our preauthorization review. If the available clinical information does not support the medical appropriateness of the requested procedure or service, clinical indications and alternative treatments are discussed with the surgeon. One of our doctor advisors may also contact the physician to discuss the treatment plan. This process
has proven effective in eliminating unnecessary surgery and procedures, is less imposing on the patient, and avoids redundant examination costs."

http://healthamerica.coventryhealthcare.com/w... @cvty_regional_chcpa/documents /webcontent/c041883.pdf

Location hidden

#990162 Sep 26, 2013
WOW wrote:
The words of our late assassinated President, John F. Kennedy, who just months before he was murdered said:
“What kind of peace do we seek? Not a Pax Americana enforced on the world by American weapons of war. Not the peace of the grave or the security of the slave. I am talking about genuine peace, the kind of peace that makes life on earth worth living, the kind that enables men and nations to grow and to hope and to build a better life for their children—not merely peace for Americans, but peace for all men and women—not merely peace in our time, but peace for all time.”
Yes, it is true. We in the United States once had a President who spoke of peace and mutuality and respect. He was killed by snipers’ bullets just months later.
Ironically, he was shot because he was promoting the U.N.'s gun control agenda.:)
The U.N. been after global disarmament for many years (decades) now. Again, ironically, they mean to be the only political entity allowed to arm itself. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#990164 Sep 26, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
My God.
"real dumb"
You are praying to the boy messiah, president nobama again? Shame on you, you have led all to believe there is no God. Are you confused again or did you just forget your prior lies?
Peace
KMA

Location hidden

#990165 Sep 26, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
Communist Kerry just signed the Gun Ban with the United Nations.
He's just another Kennedy clone.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#990166 Sep 26, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>LBJ's welfare state left the black community in a permanent state of bondage and in discrimination to their political slavemasters, foreman and racist management you idiot...
EW Jackson says Great Society worse for black families than slavery
Demokrats, Klan Parent Hood, race cop Al Sharpton, Grievance Peddler Jesse Jackson, Black Panthers, MSNBC all profiteering in racism, discrimination and hate..
It's the culture...
Report: E.W. Jackson Accused Of Threatening Daughter's Roommate In 2006

The Republican candidate for lieutenant governor of Virginia was accused of threatening the life of his daughter's roommate in 2006, Politico reported Thursday, which resulted in a temporary restraining order.

“Earl Jackson, Sr. threatened me verbally on the phone stating ‘you’re going to die, you’re going to leave this earth soon. I’m going to see to that'.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/report-...

typical black conservative entitlement behavior.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#990167 Sep 26, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
You think because you type 'fact' in all caps it makes it so?
'The Lifeline program was created in 1984 to make sure impoverished Americans had telephone service available to make emergency calls, especially 911.'
"But as with any federal program with too much funding, too little oversight, and perverse financial incentives, Lifeline has become infamous for rampant fraud and abuse."
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/354867/...
So, you believe Reagan included cell phones in his Lifeline program? LMAO.

FACT: The free cell phone program began under George W. Bush in 2008.

You really can't argue with FACTS but I'm glad to see you acknowledge that Reagan wasn't the brightest lightbulb. It wasn't until 2012 that Obama and the FCC took action to rein in the "rampant fraud and abuse" caused by Reagan's failure.
blue eyes

Falls Church, VA

#990168 Sep 26, 2013
brown eyes wrote:
Why are most male Republican politicians either in the closet or openly gay? Because they can only mandate.
Why were you born ignorant?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#990169 Sep 26, 2013
Afraid of No Man or Their Money, Obama Takes Down The Koch Brothers

THE PRESIDENT: Look, part of the reason I need your help to make this law work is because there are so many people out there working to make it fail. One of the biggest newspapers in the country recently published an editorial I thought was pretty good. They said, the Republicans in Congress are poisoning Obamacare, then trying to claim it’s sick.(Laughter.) That’s exactly what’s been happening.

I mean, they have tried to put up every conceivable roadblock. They cut funding for efforts to educate people about what’s in the law. Some of them said if their constituents called them, we won’t even try to explain to them what’s in the law. They actually opened up an investigation into people who try to help churches and charities understand how to help people sign up for the law.

Some of the tea party’s biggest donors — some of the wealthiest men in America — are funding a cynical ad campaign trying to convince young people not to buy health care at all. I mean, think about it. These are billionaires several times over. You know they’ve got good health care.

AUDIENCE: Right!(Applause.)

THE PRESIDENT: But they are actually spending money on television, trying to convince young people that if you’ve got the choice between getting affordable health care or going without health care, you should choose not having any health care. Now, do you think if you get sick or you get hurt, and you get stuck with a massive bill, these same folks, they’re going to help you out?

AUDIENCE: No!

THE PRESIDENT: Are they going to pay for your health care?

AUDIENCE: No!

THE PRESIDENT: It is interesting, though, how over the last couple years, the Republican Party has just spun itself up around this issue. And the fact is the Republicans’ biggest fear at this point is not that the Affordable Care Act will fail. What they’re worried about is it’s going to succeed.(Applause.) I mean, think about it. If it was as bad as they said it was going to be, then they could just go ahead and let it happen and then everybody would hate it so much, and then everybody would vote to repeal it, and that would be the end of it.

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/09/26/afraid...

Location hidden

#990170 Sep 26, 2013
_Bad_Company_ wrote:
20 Of the Most Obnoxious Quotes From College Professors
http://townhall.com/columnists/johnhawkins/20...
Yep, we don't pay for those damned expensive classes just to have some arrogant prick try to brainwash us into being supporters of their BS personal agendas.

Their should either keep their "opinions" to themselves or give every student in attendance equal time at the head of the class to express their own opinions. I don't want to know which Party the jerks belong to when I sit in a psychology 101 class.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#990171 Sep 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that McVeigh was irrational does not change the fact that Janet Reno conducted a terrorist attack at Waco, including the use of chemical weapons.
There is NOTHING a government official could do that would MAKE me kill innocent children. The fact that you would in any way try to justify or rationalize McVeigh's murder of children exemplifies how bat shit crazy you and your right wing lunatic friends are.
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#990172 Sep 26, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing you've typed convinces me that any of the points you're trying to make are factual.
Just the opposite - as you're claiming that companies are using temp services "to cut out from paying for the employee's insurance", I can easily claim they're doing it to avoid the fees, fines, taxes, and regulations of Obama's ACA.
Can tell us how Obama and his administration has promoted self reliance and personal responsibility, two of the most important habits for any type of success, or maybe you're a fan of wealth redistribution and looking to the government to get involved whenever you've deemed something "unfair"?
What part of" Obama had nothing to do with the Temp Services " don't you understand? There were Temp Services long before Obama even ran for the Senate.

As for promoting responsibility &, reliance. That's a parent's job, not the president.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#990173 Sep 26, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I could easily say the same thing about you, but I won't. Why? Because it's obvious from reading your posts that you've bought into this administration's agenda 100%. Truth to you is whatever they tell you.

And yes, I know what's 'meant' by redistribution of wealth. There are several meanings, but only one is relevant where the current administration's agenda is concerned.
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#990175 Sep 26, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Is population growth keeping pace with baby boomer deaths?
Anyone know for sure???
Oh and BTW Biden is supposed to be about 6'0" tall__has anyone seen the photo of Cruz standing next to Biden on the senate floor?
What is Cruz__5 feet tall? In Tony Lama's?
Here's an interesting observation:
Growth in the USA's eligible work force,(those in the work force plus those able to work but no longer counted in the work force).
In Bush's 8 years it grew 2,981,000 per year
In Obama's 4 years 7 months it grew 2,448,000 per year
Also note that the live birth rates the 18 to 22 years earlier (the years new Bush era or Obama era workers would be born) show an average of 300,000 more births per year for those coming to work age for the Obama years.

Where are these 500,000 to 800,000 new workers going each year?

Or is it if you manipulate the work force numbers, purposely under report it, you can lower the unemployment rate? Add those missing 3,000,000 workers to the work force and unemployment would be 9%.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 24 min Yumpin Yimminy 68,654
Abby 10-23-14 31 min pde 2
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 53 min J RULES 70,087
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Stina2 98,502
last post wins! (Apr '13) 2 hr Concerned_American 352
Hoffa tells Chicago Teamsters they play pivotal... 2 hr reality is a crutch 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr grave digger 47,495
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Grand Birther 179,351
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]