Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#990461 Sep 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The Queen will outlive that AIDS-ravaged sack-o-shit.
Dammmmmmmmmmmmmn, but you're disgusting. I got two bucks says you won't live to see the deaths of either Queen Elizabeth II or the two-term first black POTUS.
Michelle

New York, NY

#990462 Sep 27, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think any American would have thought the liberal commies and O'bama would stoop to cheating by using the IRS and the NSA to win...did you?
Of course you did. The democrats have only been winning by cheating. Look no further than Chicago.
cheating and ineptness:

$67 million allocated to an IRS slush fund for the purpose of rolling out Obamacare is unaccounted for, according to a report issued by the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration.

When the Affordable Care Act was adopted in 2010, it included a provision to establish a $1 billion Health Insurance Reform Implementation Fund “to pay for the Federal administrative expenses to carry out the ACA”—yet another joyous discovery about the bill that passed “so that you can find out what is in it.”

So far, the IRS has been allocated $488 million from the HIRIF to help the agency prepare for the “law’s numerous tax provisions.” The audit was performed to determine whether the IRS had used the funds appropriately to create an “adequate process to accurately account for and report selected ACA implementation costs charged to the HIRIF.”

The report—released just two weeks before the launch of Obamacare Exchanges—reveals that Obamacare finances are already in ruins. Take a look:

Affordable Care Act: Tracking of Health Insurance Reform Implementation Fund Costs Could Be Improved

…The IRS did not track all costs associated with implementation of the ACA including costs not charged to the HIRIF. Specifically, the IRS did not account for or attempt to quantify approximately $67 million of indirect ACA costs incurred for Fiscal Years 2010 through 2012. Indirect costs include, for example, providing employees with workspace and information technology support.

The IRS established a methodology to track ACA costs in its accounting records. However, the IRS accounted for only direct costs, such as labor and contract costs, because it did not believe that indirect costs should be recovered from the HIRIF…

…By not also identifying and tracking indirect costs, the IRS lacks complete information regarding the full cost of ACA implementation. This lack of complete information on ACA implementation costs limits the IRS’s ability to accurately report to stakeholders the total resources it applied to the ACA implementation and fully estimate the resources needed in the future for this effort.
This is just the beginning. If the IRS managed to mishandle $67 million during the preparation process, what’s going to happen when the agency is responsible for overseeing the new Obamacare tax regulations that affect every American citizen?

The political targeting of charity groups by supposedly ‘non-partisan,’ IRS officials was hard enough to stomach, but the idea that these same officials are going to be in charge of financing national health care services is nothing short of a recipe for disaster.

The missing $67 million is going to be pocket-change in comparison to how much Obamacare will cost in the long run. But in this economy, most Americans can’t spare their pocket change, let alone $67 million worth of taxed income.

Which begs the question, yet again: Who assumed the IRS was more capable than you to oversee your health finances?
TSM

El Paso, TX

#990463 Sep 27, 2013
Families struggling with a 40 hr. work week now being reduce to 30 how’s that improving their Lives? I guess Liberals would argue that the tradeoff is now they have Obamacare….A Joke!!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#990464 Sep 27, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Using this incredibly stupid logic there would be no benefit to being insured.
Its the culture.
that depends on the individual situation. Try to use both sides of your brain, mini me.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#990465 Sep 27, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Various explanations from credible sources have been linked here__you skipped or ignored them.
My post was accurate " the chief factor in the shrinking labor force participation rate is that baby boomers are retiring en masse."
Funny how you never cite any of your "credible sources".
Michelle

New York, NY

#990466 Sep 27, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Guy who never won a trophy gets a trophy wife/beard (Limbaughtomy's still one ahead of him, however)? Love at first sight, no doubt; he just opened his wallet and there she was. "...And Rove, who attended Wynn’s gala wedding last year in Vegas, recently got something of a personal bonus out of the relationship. After Wynn attended the veteran operative’s wedding last month in Austin — an intimate and until-now unreported affair also attended by former President George W. Bush — Rove and his new wife Karen Johnson flew to Naples, Italy, aboard Wynn’s Boeing 737 — a nearly 11-hour, 6,000-mile trip that could cost tens of thousands of dollars from a charter jet carrier. Wynn joined Rove in Italy.
Isn't it nice when friends can join you on a special Italian honeymoon?"
That's chump change compared to Moochelle's many extravagant vacations with her 100 closest friends. The only difference is that Obama is the trophy wife in that relationship.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#990467 Sep 27, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
real time watches fox.
Lets not forget sonicmorons addiction to Fox news... Like a crack addict, sonicmoron always comes back for more...

Patrick n Angela's sock (Emeem) always bent over and punked by No Surprize and Eman...

It's the culture...
el cid 777

Scranton, PA

#990468 Sep 27, 2013
Hi! Everything is going pretty good in the world.
Syria may be accepting united nations supervision
of it`s chemical warfare weapons. The world is
starting to realize that we are all in a war with
Islam and they are not just militants. Islam wants
to spread its religion by warfare and there is not
too much we can do until Jesus Christ returns or
the space aliens show themselves officially. At 71
years of age, I am going to take one day at a time. Love, el cid 777
Michelle

New York, NY

#990469 Sep 27, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Dammmmmmmmmmmmmn, but you're disgusting. I got two bucks says you won't live to see the deaths of either Queen Elizabeth II or the two-term first black POTUS.
You can only bet a buck since he's only half black.

Orlando, FL

#990470 Sep 27, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck on your home purchase Carol. Thanks to the newly formed Consumer Financial Protection Bureau you're a lot less likely to get screwed on the deal but then again that's another thing the Republicans opposed and want defunded.
Too bad the Democrats didn't think about that option when they were defending Fannie and Freddie tooth and nail all the way up until the 11th hour despite numerous and frequent warnings of the impending disaster by both Bush and Bernanke beginning long before 2007-2008.

But it's a VA loan. Hubby was in the National Guard.

Not sure how fees associated with payroll debit cards being forced on employers has anything to do with our getting a home loan.

But thanks anyway. Just waiting for the appraisal next week.
el cid 777

Scranton, PA

#990471 Sep 27, 2013
Hi! I finally got on topix to speak to you. It is
so busy it says the web site is busy when I type
in topix.com ...There is a very good extraterrestrial web address I would like to give
you...it is alaje777...put this address in your
top browser line and click enter...there are almost
one million messages on this forum and my blog of
1142 messages is still on line...I will not give
you that web address. More alien web addresses are
...pleaidian messages...sirian messages and many others. I must go my time is running out at the
library computer. Love, el cid 777
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#990472 Sep 27, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how you never cite any of your "credible sources".
If you google, the incredible shrinking labor force, you'll find several interesting stories along with some right wing slop. My post was accurate__that you're mathematically challenged is on you.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#990473 Sep 27, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
So Reagan was a "dummy" to extend the reach of the 911 network? Explain that one.
Anyway, Obama and the FCC have done nothing to rein in anything.
"Not on welfare or below the poverty line? Never mind — here’s your free phone."
"The FCC supposedly buckled down on eligibility standards last year and established other safeguards aimed at reducing fraud. I was curious about how tough it was to get one of these phones, so last month, I hit the streets of New York. And out of respect for the law and my journalistic integrity, I did not lie to obtain a phone."
"My first task was figuring out where to register. The rule of thumb is that wherever you can sign up for food stamps, you can apply for an Obamaphone."
"The SafeLink vendor then referred me to his opposite number, a rep from Assurance. She too took down my information, registering me for another Obamaphone.
Traveling to several of the welfare offices in the city, I learned this was common practice. Obamaphone reps come in twos, and both will sign you up if they can."
"[O]btaining multiple subsidized phones from multiple Lifeline carriers is 'a flat-out violation of our rules,' says Michelle Schaefer, an attorney-adviser from the FCC’s Telecommunications Access Policy Division, Wireline Competition Bureau."
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/354867/...
Who called Reagan a "dummy"? Certainly not me. You shouldn't put quotation marks around a word I never used. Perhaps it was a quote from those voices in your head.

I don't know why I bother with you. It's a waste of my time. If you want to call them "Obamaphones", fine. I'm well aware that crazy people are adrift in their own little world separate from reality.(I bet you watch Reality TV, too).

That doesn't change the FACT that Safelink began under the Bush administration.

That is not to say it is a bad idea. It isn't. I support it and I think that it's sad that people have abused the program. The fact that people like you are so willing to throw Bush under the bus for helping to implement a program that helps those who have household incomes at or below 135 percent of the poverty line is sad. Give the credit to Obama. I'm OK with it.

People like the author of your article can apply for all the free cell phones they want....five, ten, fifteen, twenty and they will be approved based on their lies. Doesn't mean a thing. Under the new FCC measures, those phones won't be activated.

The newly created databases created by the FCC's overhaul of the program to confirm beneficiaries’ eligibility and to identify duplicate subscriptions will put a big dent in the abuses once complete.

In their 2012 overhaul, the FCC also slashed 75 percent of the subsidies for the Safelink program to eliminate the incentive for some phone companies to enroll ineligible persons. They expect a savings of $2 billion over three years. Go Obama!!!!
TSM

El Paso, TX

#990474 Sep 27, 2013
The biggest supporters of Obamacare are the one’s crying the Loudest to be Exempted!!

Orlando, FL

#990475 Sep 27, 2013
el cid 777 wrote:
Hi! Everything is going pretty good in the world.
Syria may be accepting united nations supervision
of it`s chemical warfare weapons. The world is
starting to realize that we are all in a war with
Islam and they are not just militants. Islam wants
to spread its religion by warfare and there is not
too much we can do until Jesus Christ returns or
the space aliens show themselves officially. At 71
years of age, I am going to take one day at a time. Love, el cid 777
Extra-terrestrials are keeping a close eye on nuclear bases here and in the UK according to top retired military brass coming out with the truth - even interfering with the testing of nuclear weapons on several occasions - again, according to top retired military officers here and in the UK.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#990476 Sep 27, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>The muzzies that bombed the World Trade Center, Mumbai, and most recently O'bama's home country of Kenya said the same thing. And since you support the muzzies....
.... I'm still American son!

You otoh....... that's another story!

Location hidden

#990477 Sep 27, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Lack of birth and death certificate is the "proof" that militant, gay Topix atheists are using to claim Jesus never existed.
Apparently they use Orwell's 1984 as a guidebook for revisionist history brainwashing.
Funny how they spend so much time and energy using this ploy to deny the existence of one, single man and none of the other people who lived their entire lives without a birth certificate.
"Topix Atheists"? Guess that includes your own Fetch Allstupid since she is the one claiming Jesus never existed. Interesting.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#990478 Sep 27, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Using this incredibly stupid logic there would be no benefit to being insured.
Its the culture.
Did we say you could speak, Reichatrd?

Orlando, FL

#990479 Sep 27, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
pisswater and prostitutes more your speed?
Vaguely recall Realtime burning the midnight oil on here a few times too. Being retired, my evenings are spent watching my favorite TV shows and then popping on here afterwards. It's usually a little late by then. But only need seven hours of sleep.

Location hidden

#990480 Sep 27, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm..."retard" logic?
Looks like someone needs political correctness and sensitivity training.
This from someone who supports the use of "libtard" in reference to liberals. You own it. Embrace it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 47 min Cold Front 69,693
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Analog man 5,907
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Earthling-1 52,856
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr Guru 187,313
Bubba's wife................Piano-Legs. 6 hr Piano-leg murderer 4
Bill Clinton's Wife. 6 hr WHATS-HER-PLAN 5
New Rapper Seven Dyce 10 hr UBANK RECORDS 1
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]