Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1383857 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#990509 Sep 27, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't know; does it?
SEIU joins Kathleen Sebelius in Obamacare outreach push
Service Employees International Union President Mary Kay Henry announced that it will partner with advocacy groups, including Enroll America and Families USA, to help the Department of Health and Human Services promote Obamacare in 30 cities in coming weeks.
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/09/seiu-ob...
So does SEIU want their employers to drop all medical coverage so that they can enroll on the exchanges and receive subsidies?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#990510 Sep 27, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Every try to stop an avalanche? That is what Pelosi and Reid were up against. Can't be done. FACT: Republicans started the ball rolling.
Uh...excuse me for having to tell you what everyone already knows. Democrats were in control of Congress two years prior to Obama being elected and two years after Obama was elected.

They had two years after the 2008 election to single-handedly turn the economy around. They had control of both Congress and the Executive Branch.

But a good crisis couldn't go to waste, remember? So we got Obamacare instead.

Pick your avalanches carefully. You picked the wrong one.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#990511 Sep 27, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! You should be concerned with yourself.
No wonder you practiced indoctrination when 'teaching' kids!
You're one of the main ones among the easily fooled that I'm worried about.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#990512 Sep 27, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>That's because you're a fkn idiot.
First off, Tim Scott had only recently been elected to the US when Nikki Haley appointed him to the US Senate seat vacated by Jim DeMint, Do you remember Jim DeMint?
Government can't be run like a business unless it is rearranged to resemble a business and that will never happen for we have these things called elections. Imagine a business with leadership elected by it's customers every 2 and 4 years.
you always throw in sht no one is talking about. You think it makes you sound smart. In reality it had the opposite effect.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#990513 Sep 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
If the government "shuts down", most people will not be affected in any material way.
Nobody cares.
lol! Then let's hear you say they should make the shut down permanent son!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#990514 Sep 27, 2013
If Senate DemoKKKrats strip ObamaKKKare defunding from the appropriations bill and the House then adds a new amendment to delay the individual mandate for one year, how do DemoKKKrats react?
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#990515 Sep 27, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
he doesn't know how.
Note how LCNLin's (Patrick) sock Emeem goes silent at the same time...

It's the culture..
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#990516 Sep 27, 2013
"Americans blame Obamacare already for higher costs"

"...but 20 percent of Independents and 11 percent of Democrats are also among the group."

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101065226
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#990517 Sep 27, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're one of the main ones among the easily fooled that I'm worried about.
lol! Funny. I proved you were easily fooled son.

But you keep going back to the same well!
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#990518 Sep 27, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
he doesn't know how.
It's a waste of my time__so is reading back over two or three pages__or acknowledging the majority of flamewarriors on this thread.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#990519 Sep 27, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the easily fooled I'm worried about - not those they elect.
you should worry about those they elect. Obama is an example.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#990520 Sep 27, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>repeat please
How do you like your obamaphone?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#990521 Sep 27, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Dammmmmmmmmmmmmn, but you're disgusting. I got two bucks says you won't live to see the deaths of either Queen Elizabeth II or the two-term first black POTUS.
you got a stanky puss...thats what you got.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#990522 Sep 27, 2013
Results are in! and democrats spike football

"...Only 1 percent says they now have health insurance for the first time due to the new law."

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101065226
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#990523 Sep 27, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Every try to stop an avalanche? That is what Pelosi and Reid were up against. Can't be done. FACT: Republicans started the ball rolling.
DemockRATSs in Congress created the worst recession in 80+ years, demokRat majorities Pelosi and Reid were Chief Chefs cooking up nothing but Poison for America bringing America near financial meltdown, a housing collapse, doubling the national debt, killing the economy and jobs to help and elect an outsourced sellout obama you idiot

An overdose of poison even obama cannot recover from today you eggplant blaming something or someone else because you are the idiot..

It's the culture...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#990524 Sep 27, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
Independent voters will blame the GOP for a government shut down.
<quoted text>
How would a government shutdown affect your life, Patrick?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#990525 Sep 27, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
Federal agent arrested after daytime shooting at Boca Raton mall
A Pompano Beach man whose car was allegedly shot at by an off-duty federal agent said Thursday it's a "miracle" that nobody in the car — including his 2-year-old son — was hit by the bullet.
Alla Juma, 27, said he thinks Boca Raton police did the right thing by initiating the arrest of Angel Echevarria, a Department of Homeland Security special agent assigned to the U.S. Marshals Service.
"I don't really have a reaction, I just know that justice has been served," Juma said of the arrest. "You can't just take out your gun and start shooting at people
Echevarria, a special agent with Homeland Security's Federal Protective Service, surrendered at the Palm Beach County Jail late Wednesday, said Boca Raton Police Officer Sandra Boonenberg. Police on Monday had filed a probable cause affidavit seeking Echevarria's arrest.
He faces three counts of aggravated assault with a firearm and one count of shooting into an occupied vehicle, according to court records
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/palm-beach/f...
...and you people want only cops to have guns...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#990526 Sep 27, 2013
Obama approval heading back up, currently at 47% approve, 46% disapprove.

Hello rightwing morans and normal people(which includes all you lefties)
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#990527 Sep 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
How would a government shutdown affect your life, Patrick?
Probably wouldn't effect Homer but would Carol still get her SS check on time? That's Homer's real concern here.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#990528 Sep 27, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Note how LCNLin's (Patrick) sock Emeem goes silent at the same time...
It's the culture..
he's probably registering a whole bunch of 'no surprize' wanna be accounts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Dr Guru 214,604
Oprah to cast comedian and actor Larry Bourne I... 1 hr shewont 3
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Budmo hey Budmo heey 70,610
Observations 6 hr A Noted Observer 36
last post wins! (Apr '13) 7 hr Retired SOF 1,001
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 8 hr GEORGIA 1,525
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 hr Barack calls me B... 59,540
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages