Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#989752 Sep 26, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>it's too bad your president isn't as smart or articulate as Cruz--he doesn't have a speech or a teleprompter, the lines in DC for the support of Cruz shut the phones lines down. LOL. It is wild in DC right now!
http://www.c-span.org/Live-Video/C-SPAN2/
The Cruz faux filibuster was filled with a whole lot of nothing with some pretty blatant lies thrown in among them;
Cruz falsely claimed that the spouses of 15,000 UPS employees will be "left without health insurance" and forced into "an exchange with no employer subsidy." UPS is dropping coverage for spouses only if they can get insurance with their own employer.
Cruz said the "IRS employees union has asked to be exempted from Obamacare." Not so. The union wants its workers to be treated like any other worker with employer-provided health insurance. It opposes a GOP bill that it says, contrary to law, would "take coverage away from employees who already receive it through their employers."
Cruz said the unemployment rate for black teens "is over 10 times higher than it is for college graduates — 38.2%." True, but that's comparing apples to oranges. The unemployment rate for white teens, aged 16 to 19, is also high, at 20.5%. There's still a racial disparity, but the rate is nearly double, not 10 times higher.
Cruz cited an outdated quote from Mark Zandi, chief economist of Moody's Analytics, to back up his claim that Obamacare is slowing job growth. Zandi told us the slowdown in job growth at small businesses is "no longer the case."
Cruz repeated the false claim that members of Congress are exempt from the health care law.
The law requires congressional members and their staffs to get insurance through the newly created exchanges, so they are not exempt. In fact, the law prevents them from getting insurance through the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program, like other federal employees. However, the federal government, will continue to make contributions toward the premiums of lawmakers and their staffs — just as most large employers do for their employees.
Cruz said, "Obamacare has a philosophy: empower government over your life, put a government bureaucrat between you and your doctor." The law doesn't create a government-run system. If anything, the law comes between you and your insurance company, forbidding them from capping your coverage or charging you more based on health status.
These examples came from USA Today.
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#989753 Sep 26, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Evidentally the senators are getting calls that are telling Reid and the democrats other wise. The CBO said today that the job lose and low hour low pay jobs are the result of O'bamacare. I hope everyone is watching this. It is very informative.
Really? Do you have a link to that? Of course you don't you pulled it right out of your azz.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#989754 Sep 26, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Do you have a link to that? Of course you don't you pulled it right out of your azz.
Hey Stupid! Is Sweden doing "just fine"?

ROTFLMAO!!!!!
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#989755 Sep 26, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, we are to assume everything you post is stolen. Not surprising.
Well, we know everything you post is either a straight out lie or hyperbole.

OK Dolt, did Bush "abandon" Afghanistan?

ROTFLMAO!!!!!
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#989756 Sep 26, 2013
richardIII wrote:
Number of people Oblama sent to Hugo Chavez's funeral=14
Number sent to Margaret Thatchers=0
what an unbelievable douchebag.
LIAR! The US delegation to Thatcher's funeral was led by former Secretaries of State George Shultz and Howard Baker and included the US Ambassador to Great Britain Louis Susman and the Embassy Charge D'Affaires Barbara Stephenson.
Let's also remember that Margaret Thatcher had been out of power for 20 years and Hugo Chavez was the current president of Venezuela when he died.
Both delegations consisted of diplomatic personnel.
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#989757 Sep 26, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, resorting to "Kenyan". I knew you dumb enough to be a birther.
If you actually knew what a community organizer did, you would praise Obama for being one.
Community Organizer: A modern day Reverse Pied Piper; instead of luring the rats away from a community he draws them in and teaches them how to game the system.
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#989758 Sep 26, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, resorting to "Kenyan". I knew you dumb enough to be a birther.
If you actually knew what a community organizer did, you would praise Obama for being one.
If your father was a lying Kenyan who lied about his marital status just to get into the pants of an angry slut, angry because her parents named her Stanley, knock her up, illegally marry her, and then abandon her and the baby, then you are also a Kenyan, and of course grow up to be a lying Kenyan.

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#989759 Sep 26, 2013
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
If your father was a lying Kenyan who lied about his marital status just to get into the pants of an angry slut, angry because her parents named her Stanley, knock her up, illegally marry her, and then abandon her and the baby, then you are also a Kenyan, and of course grow up to be a lying Kenyan.
I get it. Yet another right whiner who calls every woman who has sex a slut. Is your wife a raging slut too, Gramps. I hear she's f*cking the entire nursing home.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#989760 Sep 26, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I skipped over the committee meeting notices, news releases, "proposes" rules and public comments and only read the actual regulations. So, the answer to your question is "no" I did not READ the 20,000 pages....only the regulations. But, I did read all of those. Which is more than we can say for you.
You looney libs shut down the government 3 times during the Carter administration for the right to murder children through abortion--and then you shut the government down again for fewer abortions--democrats controlled the house and the senate---certainly you would not have a problem shutting down government again.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/...

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#989761 Sep 26, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, resorting to "Kenyan". I knew you dumb enough to be a birther.
If you actually knew what a community organizer did, you would praise Obama for being one.
While O'bama was a community agitator, he almost single handed put banks out of business in Chicago. That is when he wasn't blowing some other 'community agitator' at the Palmer House.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#989762 Sep 26, 2013
Cruz looking for way out, Coburn nails Heritage Action

....Is unilaterally surrendering historic conservative gains on spending the new measure of conservative purity?

Why do Cruz and his minions do this? Well, saying you’ll attack Dems is both old hat and useless. Every Republican says that. To grab the spotlight, one sets out to convince Republicans that they are being sold out by fellow Republicans. This is a grand lie, and it explains, in part, the raging hostility toward Cruz from a large majority of Republicans.

I spent some time in Senate offices today. Highly disciplined and polite staffers are fielding calls in Republican offices.“Yes, the senator wants to defund Obamacare.[Long pause while the intern is berated.] Thank you for taking the time to call. I will pass your message on to the senator.”(The rudeness and disrespect of these callers is one clue as to their character and motives.) In the Dem offices, it’s business as usual. That is what Cruz is “accomplishing”— creating a feeding frenzy directed toward those who oppose Obamacare. That’s not advancing the ball; it’s advancing Ted Cruz at the expense of the cause he ostensibly wants to promote.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-tur...
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#989763 Sep 26, 2013
This guy for POTUS (till Christie/Paul et al 2016)!!

http://www.yardbarker.com/high_school/article...

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#989764 Sep 26, 2013
Democrats favor the health-care law because they consider it the president’s signature achievement.

See America--The democrats don't care about you and your health--they follow O'bama blindly against the will of the people.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#989765 Sep 26, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting for your answer.....tick, tock, tick, tock
As An American born Jew-I support Israel, as does 70% of Americans. Now go ahead and show how Anti-Semitic you are. I also support Costa Rico with my dollars. Unlike you I am not supporting every muzzie in the world. And that includes your lying president.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#989766 Sep 26, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, resorting to "Kenyan". I knew you dumb enough to be a birther.
If you actually knew what a community organizer did, you would praise Obama for being one.
What's so bad about referencing Obama Sr as a "Kenyan" DUH A Vey?

He was.

"Barak Hussein Obama (Senior) was born in Nyangoma-Kogello, Siaya District, Kenya in 1936 (or 1934). He was a member of the Luo tribe and grew up in the sleepy village of Alego-Kogello."

WTH is the matter with duhmmies like you, can't handle the REAL truth?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#989767 Sep 26, 2013
Someone Tell Ted Cruz the Obamacare War Is Over

Last week, the Wall Street Journal editorial page compared Ted Cruz and his band of Obamacare defunders to kamikaze pilots. Today, as he neared the end of his long, weird diatribe against Obamacare, Ted Cruz thanked the staffers who “endured this Bataan Death March.” So now Cruz and his critics agree that the most apt comparison to Ted Cruz is the World War II–era Japanese military. The analogy does capture the defunders’ sheer obsessive determination to resist and utter inability to formulate a plausible strategy.

The Obama administration today released the final numbers on the premiums in the state health exchanges. This is the single most important piece of data we have to gauge the plausibility of the exchanges, which are the crucial mechanism of Obamacare. The premiums are not spin, they are the collective judgment of the marketplace. The conservative judgment of Obamacare has been a ceaseless litany of doom — rate shock, fumbling bureaucracy, unreasonable regulations. If that indictment were true, insurers would be charging higher rates than the administration initially forecast. Instead, the premiums are clearly lower than forecast — 94 percent of customers in the exchanges will have the chance to pay below-forecast premiums.

In 2010, conservatives were highly confident that the inherent awfulness of Obamacare was such that premiums would rise. James Capretta, writing at National Review, criticized the Congressional Budget Office for issuing "rosy premium scenarios." Capretta argued "this CBO analysis is terribly optimistic ... the premium estimates are based as much on judgment as analytics, and CBO’s judgment is clearly on the optimistic side." Too optimistic! Clearly! Conn Carroll, then at Heritage, enthusiastically endorsed Capretta's critique.

But now we know the CBO's forecasts of the premiums were not too optimistic but too pessimistic. Surely this might budge their evaluation of Obamacare, even a teeny bit, right? Their response? Total silence.

One might think that Ted Cruz’s filibuster?/really long speech overshadowed this major news. But the premium news has slowly leaked out over months, and has been a nonevent within the cocoon of conservative media. Not only is the news on the right entirely bad, but many conservatives appear genuinely unaware that anybody even thinks otherwise. Nick Gillespie likewise asserts there is "every reason to believe it will be a clusterfudge of epic proportions." Note the "every reason," which implies that the collective judgment of the industry with the most skin at the game does not count as a reason at all.

That is why Cruz can say,“Everyone in America knows Obamacare is destroying the economy,” and quite plausibly believe it. News to the contrary has never penetrated his mental bunker.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/09/...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#989768 Sep 26, 2013
Before it even begins...

"IRS Watchdog:$67 Million Missing from Obamacare Slush Fund"

http://atr.org/irs-watchdog-million-missing-o...

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#989769 Sep 26, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
The Cruz faux filibuster was filled with a whole lot of nothing with some pretty blatant lies thrown in among them;
Cruz falsely claimed that the spouses of 15,000 UPS employees will be "left without health insurance" and forced into "an exchange with no employer subsidy." UPS is dropping coverage for spouses only if they can get insurance with their own employer.
Cruz said the "IRS employees union has asked to be exempted from Obamacare." Not so. The union wants its workers to be treated like any other worker with employer-provided health insurance. It opposes a GOP bill that it says, contrary to law, would "take coverage away from employees who already receive it through their employers."
Cruz said the unemployment rate for black teens "is over 10 times higher than it is for college graduates — 38.2%." True, but that's comparing apples to oranges. The unemployment rate for white teens, aged 16 to 19, is also high, at 20.5%. There's still a racial disparity, but the rate is nearly double, not 10 times higher.
Cruz cited an outdated quote from Mark Zandi, chief economist of Moody's Analytics, to back up his claim that Obamacare is slowing job growth. Zandi told us the slowdown in job growth at small businesses is "no longer the case."
Cruz repeated the false claim that members of Congress are exempt from the health care law.
The law requires congressional members and their staffs to get insurance through the newly created exchanges, so they are not exempt. In fact, the law prevents them from getting insurance through the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program, like other federal employees. However, the federal government, will continue to make contributions toward the premiums of lawmakers and their staffs — just as most large employers do for their employees.
Cruz said, "Obamacare has a philosophy: empower government over your life, put a government bureaucrat between you and your doctor." The law doesn't create a government-run system. If anything, the law comes between you and your insurance company, forbidding them from capping your coverage or charging you more based on health status.
These examples came from USA Today.
Democrats favor the health-care law because they consider it the president’s signature achievement. This comes from Hairy Butt Reids office--if the bill is turned-- O'bama will become a failed president--not like he isn't all ready.

Let the democrats shut the government down.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#989770 Sep 26, 2013
Obamacare is killing big bird?

"Obamacare hurting Sesame Place employees"

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/local/20130...
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#989771 Sep 26, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
Democrats favor the health-care law because they consider it the president’s signature achievement.
See America--The democrats don't care about you and your health--they follow O'bama blindly against the will of the people.
Why would they-they gots duh votes of duh fwee cell phones, fwee medical, fwee food, section 8 and all the other fwee riding off the backs of ANYONE elses entitleMentalcase program parasite loserTic sectors.

Why give a chit about the WORKING class sectors?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 38 min SpaceBlues 48,585
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 59 min Jacques Ottawa 180,917
anybody know Glen Musielak? Glentech? (Mar '13) 1 hr Gary Seven 38
My true thoughts about this song. 2 hr dumbwhore 2
EverGreen Belgrade 5 hr aqif blyta 11
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 5 hr Swedenforever 54,527
Aldi's is the Worst Supermarket Chain (Jun '12) 6 hr Jamie 330
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:26 pm PST

Bleacher Report 7:26PM
Bold Predictions for Colts Week 13 Matchup
NBC Sports 9:17 PM
Week 13 skill-position injury report — Wednesday
NBC Sports11:56 PM
Colts put in extra time to prepare for McCoy - NBC Sports
NFL 4:44 AM
Redskins players 'surprised' by RGIII's benching
NBC Sports 5:01 AM
Michael Bush: I didn't get a "fair shake" in Chicago