Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 45,401)

Showing posts 908,001 - 908,020 of1,034,084
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Sgt Friday

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Why does Real dave, Lily,Sonicfilth,Leosana,Yeah,R ealtime celebrate the deaths of Black American and do not care the same way they do about the deaths in syria why dont they call for something to be done if they expect obama to help Illegal Entrants to America escape the conditions in their home countries why dont they expect the same for Americans is he not the American President or is he an Illegal Entrant posing as an American show us you care about Amrerica and you respect the Lives Of American Citizens. Because they are Suburban Liberals The people in the Inner City means nothing to them or they would Help
Annie

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

"In order to eliminate discrimination, the Modern Liberal has opted to become utterly indiscriminate."

I'll give you an example:

AT THE AIRPORTS, in order not to discriminate, we have to intentionally make ourselves stupid.

We have to pretend we don't know things we do know, and we have to pretend that the next person who is likely to blow up an airplane is as much the 87-year-old Swedish great-great-grand­mother as those four 27-year-old imams newly arrived from Syria screaming "Allahu Akbar!" just before they board the plane.

In order to eliminate discrimination, the Modern Liberal has opted to become utterly indiscriminate.

The problem is, of course, that the ability to dis­criminate, to thoughtfully choose the better of the available options--as in "she's a discriminating shopper"--is the essence of rational thought;

thus, the whole of Western Europe and today's Democrat­ic Party, dominated as it is by this philosophy, REJECTS RATIONAL THOUGHT AS A HATE CRIME.

So what you're left with after 10, 12, 14, 20 years in the Leftist indoctrination centers that our schools have become, are citizens of voting age who are utterly unwilling and incapable of critically judging the merits of the positions they hold and have held unquestioned since they were five years old and first entered the Leftist indoctrination process.

There was a book that came out at just about the same time as Professor Bloom's that in some ways even better describes and explains the mindset of the Modern Liberal. It was Robert Fulghum's All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten, and it reads like the bible of Modern Liberalism and the playbook of Democratic Party policy.

The sentence fragment "Don't hit," which is one of the lessons that Fulghum refers to, has morphed into an entire sentence now that they're adults: "War is not the answer."

But they don't really need to know anything, because even though they know about Neville Chamberlain and what happens if you appease evil, they don't really need to know it because knowing it or not knowing it would not have changed the position they have now and have held unquestioned since they were five.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Great, rightwing morons in Congress wasting more time and money. Where are the jobs? Why is spending still going up, you've had control of the House for 2 years? Total fcking losers.
Totally amazing, Boehner is the least effective Speaker of the House ever. I bet they run Jeb Bush for President!
Annie

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Modern Liberalism

When I was five years old, I used to go around the neighborhood trick-or-treating with my friends on Halloween, and we'd have in one hand a bag for candy and in the other hand a little box with a slit on top for nickels and dimes and pennies for UNICEF, because at five years old, the United Nations is a terrific thing: "Don't hit, talk."

Another lesson from Robert Fulghum is "Share everything." Well, here, we'll share power; we'll share our wealth; we'll pay for the United Nations. Let's talk things out. What a lovely, wonderful thing.

Then you turn 10, 15, 20, and you learn some things about the United Nations that change your opinion.

You learn about the corruption.

You learn about the anti-Semitism, that they ran away from the genocide in Rwanda, have done nothing about the Sudanese genocide--in fact, made the Sudanese members of the Human Rights Commission while they were committing this genocide!

You and I change our position because these are things we really need to know,

Yet the Modern Liberal will maintain their five-year-old's position, their belief that the United Nations is this great, wonderful thing, and completely ignore everything they've learned since.

There was a song that came out at about this time called "Goodbye Stranger" by a group called Super­tramp--because, you know, being a "tramp" is super! In it, this guy and this girl shack up together for a couple weeks, and apparently things are pretty wonderful until she says something like, "Honey, we've run out of food. Why don't you go to the supermarket, pick up some things, and then we can do this for another week or two?" He says, "I should go shopping? No, no, that's not my paradise. I'm leaving." And as he's walking out the door, he says to her, "Now, I believe that what you say is the undis­puted truth, but I have to see things my own way just to keep me in my youth."

That is so much the mindset of the Modern Lib­erals.

It's not that they are not aware of all the things that we're aware of; it's that they need to reject them in order to remain in this five-year-old's utopia that they've been told is the only hope for mankind: a mindless indiscriminateness."
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO. Whenever you get totally desperate, you resort to the reposting of statements made five or six years ago when everyone knows I felt Obama was not qualified to be President. He proved me wrong. You, on the other hand, are just stuck on stupid.
"QUOTE who="usasince1680" <quoted text>
Cindy McCan got hooked on drugs following two spinal surgeries and is
very open about her use of drugs and recovery. She is a role model for
others in that situation.
Obama smoked pot and used cocaine to handle the stress in his life. I
think he's the true Wacko here.
USAsince1680 used to be smart. Now she is an O'bama drooooooooone. Amazing what 5 years of a true Wacko leading the country can do to low IQ people. hehehehehe."
So were you wrong then or are you wrong now.
I think you were right then and very wrong now.
You were against him before you were for him?????
Which is it uSmsinceforever
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Annie wrote:
"In order to eliminate discrimination, the Modern Liberal has opted to become utterly indiscriminate."
I'll give you an example:
AT THE AIRPORTS, in order not to discriminate, we have to intentionally make ourselves stupid.
We have to pretend we don't know things we do know, and we have to pretend that the next person who is likely to blow up an airplane is as much the 87-year-old Swedish great-great-grand­mother as those four 27-year-old imams newly arrived from Syria screaming "Allahu Akbar!" just before they board the plane.
In order to eliminate discrimination, the Modern Liberal has opted to become utterly indiscriminate.
The problem is, of course, that the ability to dis­criminate, to thoughtfully choose the better of the available options--as in "she's a discriminating shopper"--is the essence of rational thought;
thus, the whole of Western Europe and today's Democrat­ic Party, dominated as it is by this philosophy, REJECTS RATIONAL THOUGHT AS A HATE CRIME.
So what you're left with after 10, 12, 14, 20 years in the Leftist indoctrination centers that our schools have become, are citizens of voting age who are utterly unwilling and incapable of critically judging the merits of the positions they hold and have held unquestioned since they were five years old and first entered the Leftist indoctrination process.
There was a book that came out at just about the same time as Professor Bloom's that in some ways even better describes and explains the mindset of the Modern Liberal. It was Robert Fulghum's All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten, and it reads like the bible of Modern Liberalism and the playbook of Democratic Party policy.
The sentence fragment "Don't hit," which is one of the lessons that Fulghum refers to, has morphed into an entire sentence now that they're adults: "War is not the answer."
But they don't really need to know anything, because even though they know about Neville Chamberlain and what happens if you appease evil, they don't really need to know it because knowing it or not knowing it would not have changed the position they have now and have held unquestioned since they were five.
Using your logic (or lack thereof): would you say, "you must hit" and "war is the answer"?

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Joe Walsh campaigned against her saying the same thing; they're dittoheads. Total garbage.
Remember that swine Joe Walsh? The family values guy who owed $170,000 in back child support?
Thank the universe that that particular pig got voted out. Has he found his niche at a sewer treatment plant yet, or is he still unemployed to avoid paying his kids?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Very good read on what we have access too...

comparing the purchasing power of 1973 and today...

"Today’s young Americans: luckiest generation in history"

http://www.aei-ideas.org/2013/09/todays-young...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Because we read it after we passed it...

"Home Depot sends 20,000 employees into Obamacare"

http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/19/home-depot-...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Why go to work...

"Welfare Pays More than Minimum Wage in 35 States: Q&A with Cato's Michael Tanner"

http://reason.com/reasontv/2013/09/19/michael...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Thank the universe that that particular pig got voted out. Has he found his niche at a sewer treatment plant yet, or is he still unemployed to avoid paying his kids?
I think he has a talk radio show. Ask Fetch, she listens to Limbaugh, and Levin, maybe she fits Walsh in at lunch time.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Annie wrote:
"The Modern Liberal will invariably side with evil over good, wrong over right, and the behaviors that lead to failure over those that lead to success.
Give the Modern Liberal the choice between Saddam Hussein and the United States, and he will not only side with Saddam Hussein; he will slander America and Americans in order to do so.
Give him the choice between the vicious mass murderer corrupt terrorist dictator Yasser Arafat and the tiny and wonderful democracy of Israel, and he will plagia­rize maps, forge documents, engage in blood libels--as did our former President Jimmy Carter-- to side with the terrorist organizations and to attack the tiny democracy of Israel.
It's not just foreign policy; it's every policy.
Given the choice between promoting teenage abstinence and teenage promiscuity--and believe me, I know this from my hometown of Hollywood--they will use their movies, their TV shows, their songs, even the schools to promote teenage promiscuity as if it's cool: like the movie American Pie, in which you are a loser unless you've had sex with your best friend's mother while you're still a child.
Conversely, NARAL, a pro-abortion group masquerading as a pro-choice group, will hold a fund-raiser called "'F' Abstinence." (And it's not just "F." It's the entire word, because promoting vulgarity is part of their agenda.)
How do they think they're making a better world by siding with Saddam Hussein, by keeping his rape and torture rooms open, by seek­ing the destruction of a democracy of Jews? I don't know if you've seen the list going around the Inter­net of all the Nobel Prize-winning scientists from this tiny state of Israel. How do they think they're making a better world by promoting to children behaviors that are inappropriate and cause diseases and unwanted pregnancies and ruin people's lives? How do they think they're making a better world?
What I discovered is that the Modern Liberal looks back on 50,000 years, 100,000 years of human civilization, and knows only one thing for sure: that none of the ideas that mankind has come up with--none of the religions, none of the philos­ophies, none of the ideologies, none of the forms of government--have succeeded in creating a world devoid of war, poverty, crime, and injustice. So they're convinced that since all of these ideas of man have proved to be wrong, the real cause of war, pov­erty, crime, and injustice must be found--can only be found--in the attempt to be right.
If nobody ever thought they were right, what would we disagree about? If we didn't disagree, surely we wouldn't fight. If we didn't fight, of course we wouldn't go to war. Without war, there would be no poverty; without poverty, there would be no crime; without crime, there would be no injustice. It's a utopian vision, and all that's required to usher in this utopia is the rejection of all fact, reason, evi­dence, logic, truth, morality, and decency--all the tools that you and I use in our attempts to be better people, to make the world more right by trying to be right, by siding with right, by recognizing what is right and moving toward it.
When this first started to dawn on me, I would question my Liberal friends--and believe me, there were plenty of them in Hollywood.
The thing about Hollywood is that it is overwhelmingly Liberal: upper-case "L," not lower-case "l." There are a lot more of us conservatives than you would suspect, but they are afraid.
It's hard to come out because what's so Orwellian--and virtually everything about this philosophy is Orwellian--is that the Lib­erals are as illiberal as you can imagine.
As much as they scream "McCarthyism," there is a "graylist" there that sees people not get hired because they don't toe the Leftist line.
Give it up Jane; what's next? A regurgitation of Michelle Malkin?

http://townhall.com/columnists/johnhawkins/20...
Annie

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

How Modern Liberalism is Causing the Decline of Western Civilization

So because of modern liberalism having taken over our educational institutions, what you're left with is not really adults, but citizens of voting age who cannot judge their own positions but are virulently antagonistic to any posi­tion other than their own.

Why? Because when you've been brought up to believe that indiscrimi­nateness is a moral imperative, any position other than their own must have been arrived at through the employment of discrimination.

This is why Bush is Hitler; this is why Reagan is Hitler; this is why Giuliani is Hitler.

How is Rudolph Giuliani like Hitler to a thinking person? In one way: Hitler discriminated against the Jews; Giuliani discriminated against the crack-addicted prostitutes mugging people in Times Square.

Hitler discriminated against the Catholics; Giuliani discriminated against the criminal over­lords.

Hitler discriminated against the gypsies; Giuliani discriminated against the terrorists on 9/11 & beyond.

In other words, any form of discrimi­nation is wrong.

The Modern Liberals know that theirs is a posi­tion arrived at through the moral imperative of indiscriminateness; therefore, any position other than their own must have been arrived at through the employment of discrimination.

So this makes you not just wrong on your issues & your stances.

They don't even think about your issues & your stances. They don't have to. Even if they were will­ing to, even if they were able to, they don't need to.

Would you sit and contemplate Hitler's Social Secu­rity policy? No, you would fight Hitler.

So what you're left with is, after 10, 12, 14, 20 years in these indoctrination centers--and it's not a coincidence that the longer you stay in the indoctri­nation process, the more morally inverted you become, so that to become head of the Ethnic Stud­ies Department, you have to argue that the Islamic fascist terrorists are the good guys & the victims of 9/11 were all little Eichmanns--is people who quite literally cannot differentiate between good & evil, right & wrong, better & worse.

But indiscriminateness of thought does not lead to indiscriminateness of policy.

Indiscriminateness of thought invariably leads the Modern Liberal to side with evil over good, wrong over right, and the behaviors that lead to failure over those that lead to success.

Why? Because in a world where you are indiscriminate, where no behavior is to be deemed better or worse than any other, your expectation is that all behavior should lead to equally good out­comes.

When, in the real world, different behaviors lead to different outcomes, you and I know why-- because we think.

We know why communities that promote teenage promiscuity tend to fail at a greater rate than communities that promote teenage absti­nence:

Teenage promiscuity & teenage abstinence are not the same behaviors. Teenage abstinence is a better behavior.

Forget the moral component for a moment; let's just talk practicalities.

If your boy's out messing around, he's not home reading a book.

If your daughter's down at the abortion mill again, she's not at the library studying for the SATs.

If your son's in a hospital bed somewhere dying of AIDS, he's not putting together his 5-year plan.

You and I recognize why communities that pro­mote teenage abstinence do better than those that promote teenage promiscuity in their music, in their movies, in the schools.

But to the Modern Liberal who cannot make that judgment--must not make that judgment--that would be discriminating. They have no explanation.

Therefore, the only explana­tion for success has to be that somehow success has cheated.

Success, simply by its existence, is proof positive to the Modern Liberal of some kind of chi­canery & likely bigotry.

Failure, simply by its existence--no other evidence needed, just the fact that it has failed--is enough proof to them that fail­ure has been victimized.

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
irrelevant...
Police departments should not be paramilitary agencies.
You reich wingnuts really have a problem facing reality. Your claim was that Obama was the one supplying surplus military equipment to police agencies. The FACT that this has been going on since 1972 is NOT "irrelevant". Truth just keeps biting you in the backside and you can't handle it. Pathetic.

As far as our police agencies definitely deserve all the help they can get. Supplying them with humvees is certainly appropriate given all mudslides, snowstorms, and floods we have seen of late. Sure beats those old 4x4's that kept getting stuck in the mud.

However, if we stopped mass producing military vehicles to replace perfectly good ones, there wouldn't be any surplus to sale. Hmmmm.
Annie

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

So the mindless foot soldier like the college students that are planted at Obama rallies or those who soil the local park as Occupy Wallstreeters, which is what I call the non-elite, will:

Support the elite's blueprint for utopia,

Will side with evil over good, wrong over right, and the behaviors that lead to failure over those that lead to success, out of a sense of justice.

As I said at the beginning, they're not evil. It's just a mindless acceptance without any true Socratic desire to talk about the REAL CONSEQUENCES.

It's meaningless to them, and it's why John Lennon said utopia was all the people living for today.

By the way, it's not a coincidence that those who live for today now have so much debt.

What is debt? It's the failure to repay a promise from yesterday.

And they vote themselves nothing but more and more entitlements, which is what? Stuff for me. I'll worry about who pays for it later.

The same is true of good and evil.

Since nothing can deemed good, nothing can be deemed evil.

That which society does recognize as good must be the beneficiary of some sort of prejudice.

That which society recognizes as evil must be the victim of that prejudice.

So, again, the mindless foot soldier will invariably side with whatever policy, mindlessly accept whatever policy seeks to tear down what is good--America, Israel, Wal-Mart--and elevate what is evil until everything meets in the middle and there is nothing left to fight about.

Take an issue in the news and think like a Mod­ern Liberal, and you will see how, once you've been indoctrinated into this mindset, there is no other choice.

Remember, I said it was inevitable.

Once you belong to this cult of indiscriminateness, there is no other conclusion you can come to than that good is evil and that evil is the victim of good.

We all know it's official policy at the Leftist media outlets to never call Islamic Jihad, al-Qaeda, Hezbol­lah, Hamas, Harakat ul-Mujahidin, or any of the oth­er Islamic fascist terrorist groups around the world "terrorists," and you know why.

In fact, it's even in official memos to reporters ordering them not to use the appropriate word.

That reason is that "one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. Who are we to employ critical, rational judgment?"

But, as a very minimum standard, can't we at least agree that in order to be called a "freedom fighter," you have to be fighting for freedom?

We knew what Osama bin Laden was fighting for; he's told us. It's not freedom; it's an oppressive theocracy in which women are covered from head to toe and beaten if their ankles become exposed, and unless we all change to his religion, we are considered the offspring of pigs and monkeys to be decapitated.

People like Cindy Sheehan and Michael Moore will call Osama bin Laden a freedom fighter because being indiscriminate quite literally leaves them unable to tell the difference between freedom and having your head hacked off.

That's how sick this mentality is.

So, if The New York Times and CNN and News­week and the rest of the leftist media outlets are right and there is no objective difference between the ter­rorist and the freedom fighter, why is it that you and I teach our children that George Washington is a hero and Yasser Arafat and Saddam Hussein are vil­lains? You and I know why because we think.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, what "crimes" would that be?
If it's liberal, It's ghetto.. The usa bent over and punked by Harry and Pelosi...

It's the culture...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> That's what she said.
No dumbazz__the poster said, "the point was that the war was officially over in 1973 under Nixon." Obviously the poster was wrong.

The US sustained 168 casualties in 1974 and 176 in 1975*(a number of deaths from previous years were officially recorded in 1975)

It's worth noting that the US continues to pay for that war in veterans disability payments and medical services/benefits. Perhaps your familiar with the Hampton Veterans Affairs Medical Center.
Annie

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Why Liberals are Intolerant

George Washington risked his personal fortune to personally lead his troops into battle: battles fought nobly against other uniformed warriors for the purpose of creating the freest nation in the his­tory of the world. Pretty noble, pretty heroic stuff.

Yasser Arafat, on the other hand, stole his people's money, sent 14-year-olds out to fight his battles: battles fought against kids and women and civilians in pizza parlors and Passover ceremonies, all for the purpose of maintaining his corrupt dictatorship. Pretty villainous stuff.

But to the folks at The New York Times, there is no objective difference between the terrorist and the freedom fighter.

So why do we teach our children that George Washington is a hero? The only possible explanation is that he is a white Christian of Euro­pean descent.

If there is no difference between the behaviors of the freedom fighters and the terrorists, then why do we teach that Yasser Arafat and Sadd­am Hussein are villains?

There can be no other rea­son than they are darker-skinned Muslims of Middle Eastern birth.

So when push comes to shove and after 18 Unit­ed Nations resolutions and 10 years of having our airplanes shot at in direct violation of our very clear agreements, after Saddam Hussein had invaded Iran and invaded Kuwait, bombed Saudi Arabia and bombed Israel, committed atrocities against the Kurds in the North and was committing genocide against the Marsh Arabs in the South, we finally, reluctantly go to war to liberate those poor people.

You and I know why because we think: because we make critical, rational, moral judgments.

But to the Modern Liberal, to the mindless, to those who cannot discriminate between these behaviors, the only possible explanation for us going to war is some nefarious cause: because we're evil and Saddam Hussein, therefore, is a victim.

So they will rush there, as we've seen, and act as human shields to protect his rape rooms and his tor­ture chambers because they won't judge rape rooms and torture chambers, for that requires critical and moral judgment.

And if you listened to the chants of the mindless minions as they marched down the streets in their anti-America rallies, which the forged document users and the Leftist press euphemistically called "anti-war rallies," you could hear their chant:

"One, two, three, four, we don't want your racist war."

What race, exactly, comprises Iraq? What are they talking about? They don't know. It's not a factual statement; it's not an accurate statement.

Didn't we just recently go to war to protect Muslims in Kuwait? Didn't we bomb the Christians of Europe to protect the Muslims of Europe?

What is this based on? It's based on the reality that once you subscribe to indiscriminateness, any­thing other than indiscriminateness is the evil of having discriminated.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

EKG glove hooks to smartphone. Sends EKG to your doctor from home.

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Prohibition was implemented by the Volstead Act, not by the Eighteenth Amendment.
The Volstead Act, as bad as it was, was not as destructive to America as ObamaKKKare, the official name of which is a lie, being totally unaffordable.
Wrong once again. You are batting a big fat ZERO.

All the Volstead Act did was "set down methods of enforcing the Eighteenth Amendment, by defining which "intoxicating liquors" were prohibited, and which were excluded from prohibition.

The Eighteenth Amendment SPECIFICALLY established the prohibition of alcoholic beverages by declaring the production, transport and sale of alcohol illegal."

Your arguments keep getting buried by FACTS. Time for you to stop fighting windmills.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 908,001 - 908,020 of1,034,084
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE