A strong case was made that the 10:00 PM phone call on September 11 last year between Hillary Clinton and President Obama may be the conversation that led to the bogus story of an anti-Muslim video setting off "demonstrations" in Benghazi that led to the deaths of Americans.<quoted text>
Why would anyone believe a liar like you?
We know there were riots in several cities about that video.
It is entirely feasible that the attack in Benghazi was spurred by this video. To assume Benghazi was immune from this video is ridiculous. It made perfect good sense to consider that possibility immediately following the attack.
There was no lie. Only a bunch of people who would use the deaths of 4 Ameicasns political fodder.
Fraud flows from the top down, not the mid-level up. Mid-level officials in the White House and the State Department do not call the shots -- they carry out orders. They also were not running for reelection in 2012 or positioning themselves for a campaign in 2016. The people doing that were, respectively, President Obama and Secretary of State Clinton.
Obama and Clinton had been the architects of American foreign policy. As Election Day 2012 loomed, each of them had a powerful motive to promote the impressions (a) that al-Qaeda had been decimated; (b) that the administration's deft handling of the Arab Spring -- by empowering Islamists -- had been a boon for democracy, regional stability, and American national security; and (c) that our real security problem was "Islamophobia" and the "violent extremism" it allegedly causes -- which was why Obama and Clinton had worked for years with Islamists, both overseas and at home, to promote international resolutions that would make it illegal to incite hostility to Islam, the First Amendment be damned.
All of that being the case, I am puzzled why so little attention has been paid to the Obama-Clinton phone call at 10 p.m. on the night of September 11.
Even in the conservative press, it has become received wisdom that President Obama was AWOL on the night of September 11, after first being informed by Defense Secretary Leon Panetta, in the late afternoon, that the State Department facility in Benghazi was under attack.
You hear it again and again: While Americans were under attack, the commander-in-chief checked out, leaving subordinates
to deal with the crisis while he got his beauty sleep in preparation for a fundraising campaign trip to Vegas.
That is not true ... and the truth, as we've come to expect with Obama, is almost surely WORSE.
There is good reason to believe that while Americans were still fighting for their lives in Benghazi, while NO military efforts were being made to rescue them, and while those desperately trying to rescue them were being told to stand down, the president was busy shaping the "blame the video" narrative to which his administration clung in the aftermath.
Jay Carney first revealed the existence of the phone call and the time in February. Hillary Clinton confirmed she spoke to Obama "later that evening."
What was said between the two?
We now know from the e-mails and TV clips that, by Sunday morning, the White House staff, State Department minions, and Susan Rice were all in agreement that the video fairy tale, peppered with indignant rebukes of Islamophobia, was the way to go.
How do you suppose they got that idea?
The theory makes sense. What's more, there may be a phone log of the conversation and what was discussed in the records of both principles.
That would be a fascinating document to discover.