Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#988534 Sep 24, 2013
Speaking on Christmas Eve in 2009, just after the Senate first passed his national health care legislation, President Obama declared, "Because it is paid for and curbs the waste and inefficiency in our health care system, this bill will help reduce our deficit by as much as $1.3 trillion in the coming decades, making it the largest deficit-reduction plan in over a decade."
It's true that the Congressional Budget Office predicted that, if fully enacted, the health care package would modestly reduce the deficit overall. CBO bean counters projected that a combination of tax hikes and cuts to the growth of Medicare spending would more than offset the law's new spending on expanded insurance coverage.
But CBO officials also consistently included this important caveat in their reports during the health care debate: "These longer-term calculations assume that the provisions are enacted and remain unchanged throughout the next two decades, which is often not the case for major legislation."
As a classic example, in 1997, Congress voted to slow the growth rate of Medicare payments to physicians. But whenever the time has come to implement the cuts, Congress -- under intense lobbying from doctors' groups such as the American Medical Association -- has ultimately caved and prevented the cuts from actually going into effect.
If the health care law's Medicare cuts do not get implemented, instead of reducing the deficit, the law would actually add $6.2 trillion to the nation's long-term deficits, according to a recent analysis by the Government Accountability Office.
Despite years of insisting that the skeptics were wrong, the Obama administration this week provided a major signal that history is likely to repeat itself. Officials at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services announced they would delay cuts to the Medicare Advantage program scheduled to go into effect in 2014.
About one in four Medicare beneficiaries, or roughly 13 million people, participate in Medicare Advantage, which offers seniors the ability to choose among privately administered plans with additional benefits. Throughout the health care debate, Democrats argued that the federal government was paying far too much money to subsidize participating private insurers.
When Obama spoke of reducing "waste and inefficiency in our health care system," a big part of that initiative was reducing such overpayments. According to a CBO analysis from last year,$156 billion of the more than $700 billion in Medicare cuts under Obamacare were supposed to come through such changes to the Medicare Advantage payment scheme.
In February, when CMS proposed new rate cuts within the program, insurance industry lobbyists rushed into action. Soon, 160 members of Congress from both parties sent letters asking the administration to back off. Now, instead of reducing payments to health insurers who provide seniors insurance through Medicare Advantage by 2.3 percent in 2014, the federal government will increase payments by 3.3 percent.
America's Health Insurance Plans -- the nation's largest insurance lobbyist -- understandably hailed the reversal. So did Wall Street investors, who sent health insurance stocks soaring this week. But the news also bodes poorly for the financing of Obamacare.
All of Obamacare's proposed cuts and industry-specific tax hikes are going to draw similar lobbying efforts from other power players -- such as hospitals, doctors and pharmaceutical companies -- that stand to lose if certain provisions go fully into effect. Just last month, the Senate voted 79-to-20 on a nonbinding measure to repeal the law's tax on medical device-makers after ferocious lobbying from the industry.
Unfortunately for taxpayers, these special interests will not be lobbying to undo the trillions in new spending created by the law. The end result is that Obamacare is likely to be the budget buster its critics always feared.

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#988536 Sep 24, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
nobamakare is funded? What is funded with? The tax dollars paid by those who work and provide for their families? The ones who who will not get the funded care. Gee, you are dumb. Nothing is free.
Peace
KMA
I have an idea, dumbass Eed.

Get better informed.

You obviously have no clue on the funding of the ACA.
realdaveturd

Meriden, CT

#988537 Sep 24, 2013
waxywaxturd wrote:
Good Morning again to all my topix friends!!!
As you all can see I have been up all night into the wee small hours maniacally judging your posts and chit-chatting back and forth to myself using many of my favorite sockpuppets!! A "labor of love" though tiring!! I had to change my depends three times last night but it was worth every diaper as it was challenging and exciting!!
I and most of my sockpuppets will be on board all day today making idiotic and mentally deranged comments, the sole purpose being to harass and feebly attempt to insult the legitimate posters who use this forum. I will also be judging your posts all day. I plan to be here for the entire day and night with my sockpuppets so get ready for an all out judgit blowout shitshow!!!! Please JOIN in!! I will give you a head start if needed.
I enjoy spending the day here giving out judgits to anyone who doesn't agree with me and I like to think I have full control of this thread!!! I consider it "mine"!!!!!!
PLEASE join me!
Warm and sincerest hugs!!! "Waxman"
PS, another one of my wonderful sockpuppets has come forth. He calls himself "hahaobama". Winning!
Please my dear friends, show him some Topix Love!!
Not telling my doctors about this one either!
As many of my topix friends are aware I have an endless supply of fake ip addresses and topix id's which I use every day of my life that I spend on topix. It helps to pass the time here living on the psych ward in Ct. where I am permanently confined. It keeps me busy and I feel I am doing something worthwhile with all my spare time. My psychiatrists' think it is good therapy and basically harmless. My entire life is spent in a fantasy world and I don't think it shows much compassion when you attempt to humiliate me on this particular delusion.
Please my friends, play along with me. I use fake "ip address's" as I have access to hundreds. You, here on topix, are my only friends, please don't ruin this for me. It's all I've got left.
Hugs, Waxman!!!!!!!!!!
Good Morning again to all my topix friends!!!
As you all can see I be here all day into the wee small hours maniacally judging your posts and chit-chatting back and forth to myself using many of my favorite sockpuppets!! I have mental issues galore and no life. My life is Topix.

Your pal.

Dumb Dave

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#988538 Sep 24, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was a liberal Carol, in fact he was the ultimate liberal with his message of social justice. I guess that makes him an obnoxious loon too.
Was Jesus Christ a Liberal? 7 Indications Strongly Suggest He was Not
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#988539 Sep 24, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was a liberal Carol, in fact he was the ultimate liberal with his message of social justice. I guess that makes him an obnoxious loon too.
She didn't learn that in her Bible; you know, the revised one just like the revised history, revised science etc that she learned in her school or taught herself in later life at the Beck School for Morans.

Gettysburg, PA

#988540 Sep 24, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
ask the grieving mother, heartless piece if sht. You're one fckd up piece of work.
So, you base everything on what an upset grieving mother understood?

No, you are using this woman's grief to promote the idea that Obama lied.

There was no lie.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#988541 Sep 24, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
By not addressing the politically correct poison of red flagging mental illness and those who fit certain profiles of becoming violent and by not focusing on curbing the harmful effects of gratuitous violence in video games and movies, it's much easier for liberals to pursue their own agenda even if they will never stop gangs and criminals from getting their hands on the same guns they want to outlaw.
LOL! Talk about big government! Maybe the government can tattoo everyone who acts a little iffy so that they can't get a gun.
Anyone can get a gun on the street faster than going to the store and buying one; those nuts aren't applying for a permit. They're stealing the guns from people who hoard them in their homes. Perhaps we ought to hold the actual gun owners and their manufacturers financially responsible for the carnage.
You are saying that the government should ban guns; video games and movies; what's next? history books? It's already happening in Texas. Schools? Oh, that's on the top of the list. Abortion? Oh, forgot, that's the number one. Ban gay people? You're nuts.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#988542 Sep 24, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Was Jesus Christ a Liberal? 7 Indications Strongly Suggest He was Not
LOL Here we go. This should be good. Too bad I have to leave early
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#988543 Sep 24, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I have an idea, dumbass Eed.
Get better informed.
You obviously have no clue on the funding of the ACA.
Eeds afraid he'll be sent the soap factory so some black kid can have stitches.

Gettysburg, PA

#988545 Sep 24, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>My point IS that MOST of them DON'T pay taxes! Moron.
"The Social Security Administration estimates that about three-quarters of illegal workers pay taxes that contribute to the overall solvency of Social Security and Medicare."

Now, doesn't that make you an idiot or what.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/money/perfi/ta...

Gettysburg, PA

#988547 Sep 24, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
If USPS operated like UPS, we would all be a lot better off.
Idiots like Sonic think that doctors should not make a "profit."
Maybe if UPS had to stop by every mail box in the US 6 days a week, it would not be as profitable.
realdaveturd

Meriden, CT

#988549 Sep 24, 2013
I am really deviant. I can post as both DumbDave & my sock waxywaxturd only mere seconds apart. My proxy software works great! By the way, does anyone know of a shrink that works pro-bono. My last one refuses to see me an my kids stopped giving me money.
realdaveturd

Meriden, CT

#988550 Sep 24, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if UPS had to stop by every mail box in the US 6 days a week, it would not be as profitable.
Well waxywaxturd, for sure if UPS was run by government, it would not be as efficient. Have a nice day, nutjob.
LCNLin

United States

#988551 Sep 24, 2013
Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius said Medicare beneficiaries could lose their fully-paid annual wellness doctor's visit if funding is cut off, prescription drug costs could rise, and millions of seniors who are enrolled in private Medicare coverage might be required to switch to the traditional fee-for-service coverage to continue receiving health care.

Sebelius also said federal funding for the Children's Health Insurance Program would end on Oct. 1, some Medicaid recipients would lose coverage and Indian health programs would also be affected.

Republican then lost Congress
LCNLin

United States

#988552 Sep 24, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
But at what price? And at whose expense?
Unless and until we address lowering the cost of health care, we're going in circles.
Bringing down the middle class by placing an even greater tax burden on them while providing less than adequate health care for all people is not the solution.
Even if the 30 million still uninsured fall into the categories you listed, who pays for them when they go to the ER or have a catastrophic illness?
Fear of helping Americans - post number 1,235 ;-)
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#988553 Sep 24, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Or maintain staffed mailing and retail facilities in most zip codes.

Nobama/Galt=from simple minds come simple solutions.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#988554 Sep 24, 2013
What will the Liberal see?

"Increases aren't based on your individual claims or changes in health status,"

Family's insurance plan goes from $333 to $965 a month...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/09/24/on...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#988555 Sep 24, 2013
A poll that Liberals will argue the "polls are not important" angle...

"Record number of Republicans say the federal government has too much power"

http://www.gallup.com/poll/164591/americans-b...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#988556 Sep 24, 2013
Obamacare and irrational politics

But actually, it is rational, in a sense — because it plays to the base. Same with talking about Benghazi. There’s game theory behind these maneuvers. Quixotic behavior has its rewards. There is no longer a “national conversation,” as some people call it. There are partisan conversations, and fringe conversations, and deep-down-the-rabbit-hole conversations. If you are a GOP congressman and know you have to run for re-election, you don’t want to be challenged on your right flank, so you advocate legislation that rationally advances your re-election prospects even if it has zero chance of becoming law.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/achenblog...

'winning' by losing.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#988557 Sep 24, 2013
Assassins...

"Networks That Touted Tom DeLay’s 2010 Conviction Now Silent About His Acquitta"

http://www.mrc.org/biasalerts/networks-touted...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMerde 50,640
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 68,665
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr grave digger 47,501
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr jacques Ottawa 179,418
Abby 10-23-14 4 hr pde 10
Amy 10-24 5 hr edogxxx 11
Abby 10-24 5 hr edogxxx 23
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]