Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1457546 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

dem

Hockessin, DE

#989067 Sep 24, 2013
I am an expert child molester!
tell_it_like_it_ IS

Blanchard, OK

#989068 Sep 24, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
We are the sixth richest nation in the world.
However, as of the fourth quarter of 2012, the United States had a net worth of $91.72 trillion.
With all the current "record-setting" foreign investment into the U.S. Treasury debt, we must be doing something right.
Make up your mind

Liberals bashed rmoney for being rich..

Mixed signals...

You idiot!
Benny Shields

Carson, VA

#989069 Sep 24, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Putin can. That's why Putin bitchslaps Obama around the room every time they meet. I think Putin got bored with simple bitchslapping Obama, and knocked him to the canvas on the Syrian fiasco.
There was a lot more in Putin's op-ed than would be understood by most Americans. The indoctrination process for Marxist communism is administered in levels. One must complete one level before being allowed to progress to the next level. Each level indoctrinates the subjects with rules and phrases not given in the previous level, as well as instructions on how to indoctrinate subordinate levels.
Putin's op-ed piece used these exact phrases. He was speaking directly to Vallerie Jarrett, using the exact phrases she was indoctrinated with. What he was saying is, he is more advanced than she, and she would be a student of his, and not his equal.
This should have become obvious to her, considering how he's outmaneuvered her at every turn. He knows exactly how she thinks, and can predict her every move.
Putin is a grad, Oblomo is a punk, I am just surprised his pants are up. In this arena Putin rules

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#989070 Sep 24, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Being a told a video might be the cause
Being told it was a war on terror.
Ummm.
At the time, it could have bee a video the spurred that attack, Why not, it started riots in several other cites & we know Libyans had lots of military weaponry.
We know this about Iraq. It was NOT a war on terror. No way. No how. It wasn't when it started & it wasn't as time wore on.
"real dumb"
muslim terrorists need no excuses. They simply act out of hatred their hatred of all Christians, all non muslims in fact.
Only idiots like you believe the video was a factor in the attack, despite the debunked lies offered by rice on behalf of the president. Those who will commit these kinds of atrocities need no excuse. That is their nature. There are many good, honest, hard working productive Muslims, there are also a good number who are your kind of people, thugs.
Peace
KMA

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#989072 Sep 24, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Where is my Allegiance? tell the class and see what happens.:)
A person who pledges allegiance to the United States does so with the understanding that they are renouncing all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign nation or sovereignty. You have refused to do that over and over again. So, perhaps you have had a change of heart. You tell me. Have you finally decided to chose? Where is your allegiance lie? With the United States of America or Israel?
tell_it_like_it_ IS

Blanchard, OK

#989073 Sep 24, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
This afternoon Ted Cruz launched a filibuster against funding Obamacare, which Fox News did their part to sabotage, by showing the video, but substituting their own discussion of how Cruz will fail.
Because he can’t stop anything, Sen. Ted Cruz is not calling this a filibuster. Instead, Cruz has promised to speak until he can no longer stand. This means that Ted Cruz is filibustering.
Fox News is doing everything they can to make sure that their viewers know as little as possible about Cruz’s efforts. Their strategy is to cut to a breaking news update, and show Cruz talking on the Senate floor. What they don’t provide is audio of what Cruz is saying. Instead, Fox News has guests talk about how Cruz’s efforts are going to fail, and what will happen in the House after the Senate sent them a clean continuing resolution.
In short, Fox News put a gag on Ted Cruz. Fox has banished Cruz to a live video stream on their website. Fox News’ strategy is to take live looks at Cruz while providing no sound. Fox News described what Cruz is doing in their 3:30 PM ET update as,“He’s talking, and he’s talking. He’s probably going to talk for several hours.” Fox News then helpfully added that Cruz doesn’t have the votes to stop the vote.
It is interesting to see the Fox News tactics usually used on Democrats being turned on Ted Cruz. As the Republican heavily hitters have taken action, we have seen the life sucked out of the defund Obamcare or shutdown the government movement. Now Fox News is doing their part to keep their viewed informed with only the information that they want them to have.
Fox News hasn’t put a syllable of what Ted Cruz is saying on the air. They keeping the Texas senator almost out of sight, and definitely out of mind.
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/09/24/fox-ne...
do you blame your tennis racket when you lose a tennis match to a white man?
Lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#989074 Sep 24, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Franchises, make for a nice family business, a friend looked in to buying one a while back.
There's no way to replace the entire USPS without changing/eliminating some important laws and regulations. I don't think congress will get on board with doing that anytime soon.
I'd strongly advise against it.
Lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#989075 Sep 24, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
This afternoon Ted Cruz launched a filibuster against funding Obamacare, which Fox News did their part to sabotage, by showing the video, but substituting their own discussion of how Cruz will fail.
Because he can’t stop anything, Sen. Ted Cruz is not calling this a filibuster. Instead, Cruz has promised to speak until he can no longer stand. This means that Ted Cruz is filibustering.
Fox News is doing everything they can to make sure that their viewers know as little as possible about Cruz’s efforts. Their strategy is to cut to a breaking news update, and show Cruz talking on the Senate floor. What they don’t provide is audio of what Cruz is saying. Instead, Fox News has guests talk about how Cruz’s efforts are going to fail, and what will happen in the House after the Senate sent them a clean continuing resolution.
In short, Fox News put a gag on Ted Cruz. Fox has banished Cruz to a live video stream on their website. Fox News’ strategy is to take live looks at Cruz while providing no sound. Fox News described what Cruz is doing in their 3:30 PM ET update as,“He’s talking, and he’s talking. He’s probably going to talk for several hours.” Fox News then helpfully added that Cruz doesn’t have the votes to stop the vote.
It is interesting to see the Fox News tactics usually used on Democrats being turned on Ted Cruz. As the Republican heavily hitters have taken action, we have seen the life sucked out of the defund Obamcare or shutdown the government movement. Now Fox News is doing their part to keep their viewed informed with only the information that they want them to have.
Fox News hasn’t put a syllable of what Ted Cruz is saying on the air. They keeping the Texas senator almost out of sight, and definitely out of mind.
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/09/24/fox-ne...
Bye bye Cruz!
tell_it_like_it_ IS

Blanchard, OK

#989076 Sep 24, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
A person who pledges allegiance to the United States does so with the understanding that they are renouncing all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign nation or sovereignty. You have refused to do that over and over again. So, perhaps you have had a change of heart. You tell me. Have you finally decided to chose? Where is your allegiance lie? With the United States of America or Israel?
Whats more important to you:
The USA or a political party affiliation?
tell_it_like_it_ IS

Blanchard, OK

#989077 Sep 24, 2013
Obama exempts himself from Obamacare!

Dumass Liberals!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#989078 Sep 24, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>that;s an awful lot of words for you to type, I bet you copied and pasted it,like ur mutt friend, kkk hunt lily.
Can you originate a thought of ur own?
PS: The filibuster is on CSPAN2, c unt
what filibuster?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#989079 Sep 24, 2013
Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Bye bye Cruz!
the FOX kiss of death.

does Glenn Beck have his show on cable yet?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#989080 Sep 24, 2013
tell_it_like_it_IS wrote:
<quoted text>
do you blame your tennis racket when you lose a tennis match to a white man?
i can't play tennis anymore. bad elbow. i blame the white half cause i can still play basketball. WORD!
Lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#989081 Sep 24, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Think of the Fort Hood massacre. That guy had red flags all over his psychiatric records. But political correctness dictated he not be profiled or detained even it meant putting others in danger.
Think of the many people who could have been detained just long enough to determine their mental stability except political correctness dictated psychiatrists could no longer do that.
Nowadays, it's almost impossible to put someone in a hospital to be tested and treated because of political correctness. It's why we have so many mentally ill people who need treatment on the streets and untreated. And when they do snap, we blame guns.
So, therefore, we should have a "crazy police squad" to pick up and lock up everyone who starts acting a little odd?
Go back to committing people to a life in mental hospitals? Drugged or perhaps lobotomized?
The Baker Act allows for 48-72 hours in a mental ward, if you're an adult, you can refuse and leave.
What is the treatment for the mentally ill? Does it work?
Eliminate the guns. There are always going to be crazy people.
You equate everything to your favorite phrase political correctness. Have you forgotten that it was President Reagan who instituted this practice of closing mental hospitals? Your lack of comprehension is astounding.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#989082 Sep 24, 2013
Ted Cruz Takes Nazis, The Moon, Pro Wrestling And Children's Book To Senate Floor Speech

'Cruz now citing the "Little Engine That Could." Game over for Reid.'

'Ted Cruz now comparing Congress to WWF'

'"The moon might be as intimidating as Obamacare." -- Ted Cruz. Yes, that is a real quote.'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/24/obam...

i like the picture. it looks like Ted's giving Sarah the 'creepy' eye.

'Damnit! Where's my paisley bathrobe?!?'

Fen?
Lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#989083 Sep 24, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
the FOX kiss of death.
does Glenn Beck have his show on cable yet?
I envision a Cruz Palin crazy hour on Fox! Or a book deal. He's toast.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#989084 Sep 24, 2013
During a floor speech Tuesday aimed at reviving the already-dim prospects for his effort to defund Obamacare, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) likened his doubters to Nazi appeasers.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/cruz-li...

FOX Nazi says......

On Fox News Monday morning, Brit Hume accused Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) and his Congressional allies of improvising a high-stakes strategy to defund ObamaCare that would either fail or wind up getting the GOP blamed for a government shutdown.

Hume noted that the only way Cruz and others in the Senate could use the Senate’s sixty-vote threshold to their advantage is by filibustering their own bill,“which would be a very peculiar position to be in,” and predicted the resolution would be amended to include ObamaCare funding and then passed through the House with some Republican votes.

“But there would be hell to pay among some factions within the Republican Party, that this would amount to betrayal, which is what Ted Cruz and his House allies are counting on,” Hume said.“My guess is this effort will fail.”

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/foxs-brit-hume-cru...

finest kind.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#989086 Sep 24, 2013
Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I envision a Cruz Palin crazy hour on Fox! Or a book deal. He's toast.
i'm think Ted wants to hook up with Sarah.

now that would make a great 'reality' show.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#989088 Sep 24, 2013
Nazi hunter...

Sarah Palin takes shot at Chris Wallace over anonymous Ted Cruz attacks

http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/22/sarah-palin...

Obama is like: Yeah, well now it's their turn.

you know he has to be laughing.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#989093 Sep 24, 2013
Tea partying: When protest movements defend the interests of the ultra-rich

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/09/24/tea-par...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Dr Guru 230,912
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Basil Fomeen 62,297
last post wins! (Dec '10) 5 hr honeymylove 2,740
Johnny Murray a/k/a Johnny's Marine 5 hr Elder James Johnson 34
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr John Schanahan 104,488
last post wins! (Apr '13) 6 hr They cannot kill ... 1,953
Why does Chicago want to harbor illegal criminals 7 hr YIM 9

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages