Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1460433 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#988806 Sep 24, 2013
Homer wrote:
hey rightwing dummies, normals, how's everybody today?
I just a have a minute or so so make your hellos and attacks lightening quick today.
the grungy old p***y would tell you the word is "lightning", except that you're on her side....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#988807 Sep 24, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
We can see this sock has some serious issues.
Just the same draft-dodging black scumbag from Bumpass...
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#988808 Sep 24, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Rolling up to 5 consecutive now son!
Damn! You're emotionally pissed aren't you son?
Used to be a poster on here that would cite other topix forums and threads. The Laughing Liberal and it even used a similar avatar.

Disappeared suddenly along with about 7000 of the most excruciatingly long and nonsensical posts in topix history.

LMAO__this thread would have well over a million entries if not for the deletions.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#988809 Sep 24, 2013
blurt wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahaha -- "we should be focusing on people who kill with guns first??????" OMFG. Hey, dimbulb, what if I prefer helping people who kill with chainsaws first -- specifically YOU???
Oh hahahahahahahah HA! This shut-in hag never let's a mangled cliché go to waste
If it were up to me, you'd be so red flagged you'd look like a Russian flag.

Just don't snap anytime soon. Your politically correct police will blame your weapon even so - but only if it's a gun.

Chainsaws are okay though. Just FYI.

“Weak People Blame Others”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#988810 Sep 24, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>Bullshit.

ObamaKKKare is designed to fail, ending in government takeover of medicine.
Thank you for that scholarly, well reasoned, fact based response. LOL. Admit it, Chicken Little was a childhood hero of yours
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#988811 Sep 24, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your turds are Intel?
Where exactly are you going with this?
lol! I didn't think so...

... but clearly you doo!

We will not go gentle

#988812 Sep 24, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey look! It's the Sheriff of the Politically Correct Police! Just doing her job to keep the mentally unstable on the streets...
"mentally unstable on the streets"??? WTF, Batty, I'm sure you're not out there texting on your I-Phone...I think it was actually Ronald Reagan who set the unstable to embrace homelessness as long as it didn't cost his rich cronies any money or votes, but the next Grumpy Old Pricks in charge have continued his "wages of sin are high" philosophy with the worst of them.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#988813 Sep 24, 2013
Liberals, nation building, and Africa...

-give them mosquito nets
-cattle market
-water
-food
all the things Liberals in the US promise to voters...

"... the project did change Dertu. The population exploded from hundreds to thousands. People were attracted to the town by the free food, water and medicine. They gave up their pastoralist ways and built shantytowns. And then the money ran out. The doctor left, and the project manager was fired, and the good times came to an end."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/commentary/som...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#988814 Sep 24, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
the "funding" has been handed to the senate. Did all you loony left wingers double your dosage of stupid pills today?
lol! Sorry son.

I didn't realize the House took out Obamacare.

They did take it out, right?*snicker*

“Weak People Blame Others”

Location hidden

#988815 Sep 24, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>You people should decide whether the problem is obesity or hunger.

One could argue that food stamps and school breakfast/lunch programs are the reason that minority children are so obese.

Stop forcing children to eat so much.
LOL. So too little food causes obesity? LOL. Go volunteer as a foster parent or a guardian ad litem. Tell me how many heavy kids you see then visit a middle or upper class school and compare. Oh, that's right. You're a heartless coward who doesn't care about the welfare of others. Let me guess, you family wants nothing to do with you.

Orlando, FL

#988816 Sep 24, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Kenya should send an assassination squad to Minnesota to clean out the Somali Muslim terrorists given shelter by Obama. Drones would be better if Kenya had them.
Wonder what plan the UN has to solve yet another global crisis.

Obama and the liberals seem to think they have a plan.

Orlando, FL

#988817 Sep 24, 2013
blurt wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, it will, and soon, if we're lucky!
Oh, goody! Obamacare is going to bring down the unions soon if we're lucky? Are you sure? I'm trying not to get too excited.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#988818 Sep 24, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Big fat lie from a big fat liar, Galt. They were herded around like cattle, living in something akin to crowded barns, forced labor, with their property seized. I know you were probably around then, but I studied history that didn't come from Reagan's illustrious career as a war bond propagandist. If Muslims are here legally, there's nothing a "freedom of religion" country can do about it--I believe one of the reasons used for shafting the Japanese was for their own safety.
Is this a classroom?

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#988819 Sep 24, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
He won? really? Please explain to us what penalty Syria has paid for supposedly using CW.
Syria had to admit to the world that they DO possess chemical weapons and agree to abide by the international Chemical Weapons Convention, which bans the production, storage and use of chemical weapons.

Since there are those who question whether Assad was responsible for the chemical attacks, his guilt cannot be ascertained without reservation. A diplomatic approach rather than a punitive one is the best path to follow if it leads to the same end.

Orlando, FL

#988820 Sep 24, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama snatched defeat from the jaws of victory...
He had to prove something. That his war was the "right" war and not Bush's.

So all that blood and treasure was lost for nothing. So Obama could prove something.

History is going to record the past eight years as a time when Americans went insane.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#988821 Sep 24, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Big fat lie from a big fat liar, Galt. They were herded around like cattle, living in something akin to crowded barns, forced labor, with their property seized. I know you were probably around then, but I studied history that didn't come from Reagan's illustrious career as a war bond propagandist. If Muslims are here legally, there's nothing a "freedom of religion" country can do about it--I believe one of the reasons used for shafting the Japanese was for their own safety.
Visit the Manzanar National Historic Site in California and see for yourself.

Sure, the internment was wrong, but nowhere near as extreme as you describe.
WOW

New York, NY

#988822 Sep 24, 2013
Obama sure sounded like the White george Bush To day same lies same garbage syria yada yada yada yada Barry do you really think powerful people take obama as some truth speaker

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#988823 Sep 24, 2013
Realtime wrote:
Twenty five more dead in Iraq today as the nation slips further into a sectarian war. Can anyone predict to which nation Iraqi Shiite refugees will flee?
Earthquake in Pakistan kills at least 45 and also creates a new island off the nations Southern coast.
Moslems in Pakistan walk into a Christians Church and blow up 81 Christians. So by your analogy: Moslems do more harm than an earthquake. Seems plausible.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/22/...

Orlando, FL

#988824 Sep 24, 2013
OBAMA AND MOST DEM wrote:
15 Reasons Why The Obamacare Decision Is A Mind Blowing Disaster For America
By Michael Snyder, on June 28th, 2012
You can almost always count on the Supreme Court to do the wrong thing. In fact, just about every major decision by the U.S. Supreme Court over the last 40 years has been bad for America. Many were hoping that the Supreme Court would strike down Obamacare, but the truth is that we all should have known better than to expect them to get something right. So now America is headed for a complete and total disaster as Obamacare is fully implemented over the next several years. Obamacare is going to absolutely shred the infrastructure of our medical system, it is going to send health insurance premiums soaring, it is going to dramatically expand the size and the scope of government, it is going to fundamentally alter the relationships between doctors and their patients and it is one of the largest tax increases in U.S. history. Not only that, it is also going to add about a trillion dollars to our national debt over the next decade. So no, the Obamacare decision is not good news. Obamacare was one of the worst pieces of legislation in American history, and now we are stuck with it.
It was a 5-4 decision to uphold Obamacare, and the swing vote was Chief Justice John Roberts who was appointed by George W. Bush.
After the vote today, it is hard to have any faith in the U.S. Supreme Court. Many constitutional conservatives kept voting for Republicans in the hope that the direction of the Supreme Court would change, but it hasn’t.
Prior to the Obama administration, Republicans controlled the White House for 20 out of 28 years. If Republicans were going to fundamentally change the nature of the Supreme Court, that was their opportunity.
But it didn’t happen.
Instead, what we have is a Supreme Court that is dominated by judges that have very little respect for the U.S. Constitution. When I was in law school I got to study the Supreme Court pretty closely and I quickly realized that most of the time they simply do whatever they want to do and they make up whatever reasons they can to justify their decisions.
That sounds really bad, but that is the truth.
Justice Roberts said he was torn over the Supreme Court having too much power to overturn a law of the land - or something to that effect.

Probably why Supreme Court justices should have an expiration date too - like elected officials.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#988825 Sep 24, 2013
leosnana wrote:
History tells us that a Republican apologized for this wrong...

"...President Gerald R. Ford also formally apologized in 1976. Soon enough, the Office of Redress Administration finally delivered redress payments to 82,220 claimant"

http://aasreadingoutline.blogspot.com/2008/12...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Jacques Ottawa 231,237
last post wins! (Dec '10) 37 min They cannot kill ... 2,764
last post wins! (Apr '13) 38 min They cannot kill ... 1,977
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Burn Gas for Fun 62,366
Are democrats destroyed? 2 hr enter username 17
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Talkin To DaDouch... 7,967
Should TRUMP use this? 8 hr ITs TRUE USE IT 10

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages