Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#988219 Sep 23, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
How goes the trollin, injun Joe? Any bites today?:-)
not to many. seems folks are jumping off the Cruz bandwagon.

The Cruz Way: How to Lose Friends and Alienate People

It’s useful to remember that Cruz won the primary last year not because of any substantive policy disagreement or even because of his superior qualifications, but because he pledged that he would be uncooperative, combative, and generally obnoxious once in office. He has delivered on that promise, but I wonder if that is the kind of representation that most Texans or conservatives genuinely want. Cruz has excelled at rubbing people the wrong way, but this has extended not only to the people that he thinks he’s supposed to irritate (i.e., party leaders, Democrats, journalists, etc.) but to other conservatives and would-be allies in Congress. On foreign policy, he has achieved the rare feat of being identified as both hawk and “isolationist” while making himself unattractive to both. He’s quickly becoming the kind of politician that many people on the right don’t want to have on their side: loud, abrasive, and ineffective.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...

not hard to see why.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#988220 Sep 23, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>They live in a Shotz Brewery world__with Galt and Flack in the roles of Lenny and Squiggy.
lol. Priceless coming from you.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#988221 Sep 23, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The purpose of business is profit, and when the government provides cover for cutting of medical benefits, the benefits will be cut.
By the way, a "few more pennies per share" in earnings are critical to stock prices.
now if only a few more pennies per share would last forever...

there will come a day when there are no more pennies to share.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#988222 Sep 23, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Martin Luther King Jr. Remembrance Event Slated in Temecula
http://temecula.patch.com/groups/week-ahead/p...
so when are the renaming Main street?
small community theater...

Considering that Temecula has twice as many Asians as blacks, Charlie Chan Boulevard is more likely.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#988223 Sep 23, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
has real time been hitting the rocky mountain pisswater again?
sissies do like lite beer...

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#988224 Sep 23, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Life is far easier for you, having been born stupid.
keep pissing in the wind, nuc.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#988225 Sep 23, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Ted Cruz Leaves Senate GOP With No Easy Way Out
Ted Cruz's plan doesn't make much sense on its face. He says he wants to filibuster the House-passed government spending bill that defunds Obamacare. Why would he want to block a bill that accomplishes his dream?
The apparent contradiction underlines the politically difficult position that Cruz has put his caucus in. How do you explain to your constituents that you voted to block a bill that would have defunded the health care law that they so deeply revile? Explaining the arcane rules of the Senate isn't the easiest political message, though Cruz has earned the backing of big conservative groups to fortify his position.
But the fact that he's in this position at all probably isn't a good sign. "Rule No. 1 in communications is if you are explaining, you are losing," a senior Senate GOP aide told TPM.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/ted-cruz-leav...
The simple solution is to allow a 60-vote threshhold for amendments.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#988226 Sep 23, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Bring it, punk-azz beyotch. I might tell you the difference between wrap and rap but not wasting my time with the difference between rap and hip hop...old fool, mental disability gets all of the Whites of West Virginia and the dole.
ghetto trash.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#988227 Sep 23, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>The Internal Revenue Service said Monday that Lois G. Lerner, the woman at the center of the tea party targeting scandal, has resigned from the agency — though because of privacy rules it could say nothing more.
Ms. Lerner, who had been on paid administrative leave, was the director of the division that reviewed the applications for tax-exempt status from political groups over the past few years and that, according to an internal audit, gave extra scrutiny to tea party and other conservative groups.
PHOTOS: President Obama's favorite footstool: The famous Resolute desk
She remains subject to congressional investigation.
Her actions put her at the center of the controversy, and several congressional committees had been looking into her behavior and into emails that seemed to suggest she was looking for reasons to deny political groups approval for tax-exempt status.
Last week, acting IRS Commissioner Daniel Werfel said he had asked both a review board and the agency’s inspector general to look at the emails.
Republicans said Ms. Lerner’s resignation, while a first step, isn’t the end of the scandal.
“Just because Lois Lerner is retiring from the IRS does not mean the investigation is over. Far from it,” said Sen. Orrin G. Hatch of Utah, the ranking Republican on the Senate Finance Committee.“In fact, there are many serious, unanswered questions that must be addressed so we can get to the truth.”
Ms. Lerner had previously refused to testify to Congress, citing her Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination. But when she appeared before Congress she also delivered a brief statement claiming innocence, which some members of the House oversight committee said means she waived her right to silence.
She remains subject to being called back to testify before the committee.
*NOW let's go after Dick Durbin. He is the one that used Lois Lerner in his Illinois campaign.
The bitch should be fired without a pension.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#988228 Sep 23, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Cost of Iraq war: 4-6 trillion dollars. http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2013-03-28...
The cost per family of 4 -$48,000.00 -$72,000.
The difference between that & the ACA is the Iraq war was never funded.
Obamacare is funded so it costs that family of 4 likely nothing.
somebody pays, just not you loony left wingers.

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#988229 Sep 23, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>The O'bama care is not funded, are you nutz?
The ACA is fully funded.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#988230 Sep 23, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
"Rule No. 1 in communications is if you are explaining, you are losing," a senior Senate GOP aide told TPM.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/ted-cruz-leav...
Obama's been doing that for 5 years yet the LSM thinks he's still the Messiah
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#988231 Sep 23, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> So the video did produce rioting in many Mid Eastern cities. So what is it about Benghazi that would make rioting there not possible.
Dumbass Dave makes assumptions not supported by logic.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#988232 Sep 23, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
predictable.
Yeah, I thought so too. One of Flack's daughters taught him how to cut and paste__LMAO.

This thread will never be the same.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#988233 Sep 23, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems you Okies will be the ones enrolling.
After all, you're the 44th worst State with it's citizens living in poverty.
So when you signing up, dipstick??
Funny how the poorest states are the reddest ones. Proves poor rednecks are really stupid.
Poorest US States;
40 Kentucky
41 Tennessee
42 Arizona
43 West Virginia
44 Oklahoma
45 Arkansas
46 Texas
47 Alabama
48 New Mexico
49 Louisiana
50 Mississippi
All the Deep Red States also happen to be the most destitute ones, the ones who get more from the Federal Gov't than they pay in Federal Taxes.
Wanna talk about freeloaders??
Those of us from wealthy states have been subsidizing you idiots for decades.
Okies

Californians’ derogatory name for Oklahoma immigrants; meaning “ignorant tramps.”

I'm sure dumbass Dave will be along at any minute to explain this to you
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#988234 Sep 23, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know the future?
Things could change...
Why not change?
It's supposed to lower your rates? Right?
In NY it's supposed to lower premiums by 50 percent
and 20 percent in D.C...
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/19/us/politics...
Why not change and see if that is true?
Times change, things change all the time, move forward, adapt. Companies used to offer pensions after 20 years of service. Good luck with that.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#988235 Sep 23, 2013
You're not off the hook...

The AP reported moments ago that Lois Lerner is resigning her job at the IRS.

http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013/09/23...

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#988236 Sep 23, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> So the video did produce rioting in many Mid Eastern cities. So what is it about Benghazi that would make rioting there not possible.
the al queda members with pocket propelled grenades. Look, your dream guy lied to you. The quicker you come to grips with that the better off you will be.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#988237 Sep 23, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
now if only a few more pennies per share would last forever...
there will come a day when there are no more pennies to share.
those pennies will be saved every year, just as the huge ObamaKKKare deficit will occur every year...

by the way, what will the slacker "children" do for insurance when daddy's company drops family coverage?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#988238 Sep 23, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
...for the time being...
Well sure I'm going to die someday. But it's set for life. I work for a real company that values it's employees yet still manages to turn a great profit every year. I'm still debating on what to spend my bonus money on and what to do with the monies from my raise.

I will say this they have made it tough for me to strike out on my own.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min mdbuilder 53,042
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 45 min Learn to Read 187,831
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 57 min Ratloder 69,800
News CTA veteran Dorval Carter to return from D.C. t... 1 hr reality is a crutch 1
Core Aspects In Testo XTRM Across The Usa 5 hr jorgeleone 1
College Scandals 15 hr music 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 17 hr Red_Forman 5,947
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]