Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1396352 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#988240 Sep 23, 2013
flack wrote:
Vandals torched a bronze, life-size statue of Ronald Reagan in an apparent arson fire in a Southern California sports park named after the 40th president, The Press-Enterprise reported.
The 1-year-old statue was set ablaze at the Ronald Reagan Sports Park in Temecula, Calif.-- a park Reagan praised in the early 1980s because it was built through volunteerism and fundraising and not through government handouts. The statue shows the former president in casual clothing, holding a shovel in one hand and a cowboy hat in another. The suspected arson was discovered around 7 a.m. Friday by a park worker.
"It’s an insult to the president as well as to the community," Perry Peters, founder of the nonprofit Friends of Ronald Reagan Sports Park, told the newspaper.
Authorities have not yet identified a suspect or a motive, according to the newspaper.
While the blackened statue still stands, the heat from the fire reportedly destroyed tiles from the decorative wall behind it.
The park, once named the Rancho California Sports Park, was named after Reagan in 2004. The former president had praised its building in a March 1983 speech to the U.S. Olympic Committee.
"The folks in a rather small town, Temecula .... got together and built themselves a sports park, held fund-raising barbecues and dinners," Reagan said. "And those that didn't have money, volunteered the time and energy. And now the young people of that community have baseball diamonds for Little League and other sports events, just due to what's traditional Americanism."
Uh Oh, Galt left the form long enough to play with fire. For shame.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#988241 Sep 23, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The ACA is fully funded.
...and the streets are paved with gold.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#988242 Sep 23, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The bitch should be fired without a pension.
Calm down Galt, what if that happened to you when they find out you've been on this forum every day that you're supposed to be working?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#988243 Sep 23, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, I thought so too. One of Flack's daughters taught him how to cut and paste__LMAO.
This thread will never be the same.
maybe she could teach you how to use google.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#988244 Sep 23, 2013
The sky is falling!
The sky is falling!
The sky is falling!
The sky is falling!
The sky is falling!
The sky is falling!
The sky is falling!
The sky is falling!
The sky is falling!
The sky is falling!
The sky is falling!
The sky is falling!
The sky is falling!
The sky is falling!
The sky is falling!
The sky is falling!
The sky is falling!
The sky is falling!
The sky is falling!
The sky is falling!

IPCC was wrong...

"According to reports, the International Panel on Climate Change will soon reveal that the climate isn’t warming nearly as fast as predicted."

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/09/20/warming-...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#988245 Sep 23, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Times change, things change all the time, move forward, adapt. Companies used to offer pensions after 20 years of service. Good luck with that.
Government still does, and very generous pensions at that.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#988246 Sep 23, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Okies
Californians’ derogatory name for Oklahoma immigrants; meaning “ignorant tramps.”
I'm sure dumbass Dave will be along at any minute to explain this to you
Now I was not born in Oklahoma, but I have grown to like it here...

that nutsack is a fool...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#988247 Sep 23, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Well sure I'm going to die someday. But it's set for life. I work for a real company that values it's employees yet still manages to turn a great profit every year. I'm still debating on what to spend my bonus money on and what to do with the monies from my raise.
I will say this they have made it tough for me to strike out on my own.
Homer is the classic example of the guy who never sees the layoff coming.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#988248 Sep 23, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Why weren't you out there protecting Ronnie's statue?
didn't even know it existed...it's a big park...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#988249 Sep 23, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Calm down Galt, what if that happened to you when they find out you've been on this forum every day that you're supposed to be working?
Galt is paid for production, not for time sitting at a desk.
Annie

Jamaica, NY

#988250 Sep 23, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i look like the redneck i'm not. and nowadays the only black folks i interact with on a personal level are the pro athletes that come out here in the spring to take advantage of my fishing knowledge. free of charge mind you.
LOL, and then you wake up. You are on Topix all the time.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#988251 Sep 23, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't hire white folks to install the $40K televisions who can you hire that can consistently pass a background check to enter all those high income homes you service?
...you asking for a lawsuit...
you shit is unraveling..
funny thing is...rich black folks like the fact that i hire blacks.

see how that works?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#988252 Sep 23, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Times change, things change all the time, move forward, adapt. Companies used to offer pensions after 20 years of service. Good luck with that.
Do you think Americans will VOLUNTARILY use adaption skills when someone is offering a safety net?

Free stuff and hunger both can change behavior, and they damn sure can influence a vote...

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#988253 Sep 23, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
"“When you add the $550 million for public safety and nearly $500 million for healthcare, the total cost for illegal immigrants to [L.A.] county taxpayers exceeds $1.6 billion dollars a year,” Antonovich said in a statement.“These costs do not even include the hundreds of millions of dollars spent annually for education.” "
just sayin'
Well, if we would just "pay our fair share"...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#988254 Sep 23, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
small community theater...
Considering that Temecula has twice as many Asians as blacks, Charlie Chan Boulevard is more likely.
so like the local IQ is off the charts?

i can only wish. i should have moved out there when i had the chance.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#988255 Sep 23, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh Oh, Galt left the form long enough to play with fire. For shame.
Hi Lily,

When are you enrolling into your states obamacare exchange?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#988256 Sep 23, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Well sure I'm going to die someday. But it's set for life. I work for a real company that values it's employees yet still manages to turn a great profit every year. I'm still debating on what to spend my bonus money on and what to do with the monies from my raise.
I will say this they have made it tough for me to strike out on my own.
you work for ACORN?

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#988257 Sep 23, 2013
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's been doing that for 5 years yet the LSM thinks he's still the Messiah
Has there ever been a president who - for almost 5 years - receives neither blame nor is held responsible for anything negative?

No, thanks to a fawning, sympathetic media and an opposing party afraid to be labeled racist.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#988258 Sep 23, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe she could teach you how to use google.
That's weak e-mutt__real weak.

You really need to stop sticking up for pretenders__they'll drag your already limited IQ down to where FOX overnight is interesting.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#988259 Sep 23, 2013
Separate but equal returns...

"Hamilton College’s “dean for diversity and inclusion” has decided to hold an event limited to “people of color” only.(Although there will be a separate but equal event for whites in the spring semester)"

http://www.nationalreview.com/phi-beta-cons/3...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 217,047
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr litesong 60,174
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr GEORGIA 8,927
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr fair assessment 102,560
last post wins! (Dec '10) 4 hr Retired SOF 2,157
last post wins! (Apr '13) 4 hr Retired SOF 1,126
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 hr Ize Fund 70,734

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages