Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
907,001 - 907,020 of 1,101,068 Comments Last updated 16 min ago

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#987563 Sep 22, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
self-absorbed poster ?
Got overly excited about my possible future home when Lily asked me about it yesterday and probably got a little carried away.

Realized that too late.

But self-absorbed because of a self-absorbed Obama? Nah.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#987564 Sep 22, 2013
richardIII wrote:
<quoted text>
Karl Rove: President Bush Tried to Rein In Fan and Fred - WSJ.com
online.wsj.com/article/SB123137220550562585.h ... ;
Jan 8, 2009 - President Bush Tried to Rein In Fan and Fred ... Fannie and Freddie are "government-sponsored enterprises" (GSEs), chartered by Congress.
The White House Warned Congress About Fannie Mae Freddie Mac ...
nicedeb.wordpress.com/.../the-white-house-war ... ;
Sep 21, 2008 - Fannie and Freddie stating that “nothing's wrong”. The Bush Administration tried 17 times to reign in Fannie and Freddie (Note: I tried to quote ...
Fact Check: Obama Had More to Do With 2008 Economic Meltdown ...
www.thegatewaypundit.com/.../fact-check-obama ... ;
Sep 5, 2012 - Moreover, Fannie and Freddie acquired “more loans .... Institute tried this CRA nonsense back in 2007 when Bush saw the Recession coming ...
No forced subprime mortgages, no crisis.
Thanks Dodd, Frank, Carter, Clinton, et
Bush did foresee the danger posed by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the government-sponsored mortgage finance giants. The president spent years pushing a recalcitrant Congress to toughen regulation of the companies, but was unwilling to compromise when his former Treasury secretary wanted to cut a deal. And the regulator Bush chose to oversee them - an old school buddy - pronounced the companies sound even as they headed toward insolvency.

As early as 2006, top advisers to Bush dismissed warnings from people inside and outside the White House that housing prices were inflated and that a foreclosure crisis was looming. And when the economy deteriorated, Bush and his team misdiagnosed the reasons and scope of the downturn. As recently as February, for example, Bush was still calling it a "rough patch."

The result was a series of piecemeal policy prescriptions that lagged behind the escalating crisis.

"There is no question we did not recognize the severity of the problems," said Al Hubbard, Bush's former chief economic adviser, who left the White House in December 2007. "Had we, we would have attacked them."

Looking back, Keith Hennessey, Bush's current chief economic adviser, said he and his colleagues had done the best they could "with the information we had at the time." But Hennessey did say he regretted that the administration had not paid more heed to the dangers of easy lending practices.

And both Paulson and his predecessor, John Snow, say the housing push went too far.

"The Bush administration took a lot of pride that home ownership had reached historic highs," Snow said during an interview. "But what we forgot in the process was that it has to be done in the context of people being able to afford their house. We now realize there was a high cost."

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/business/wo...

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

#987565 Sep 22, 2013
richardIII wrote:
<quoted text>
as stupid as you are dumb, now stfu
As redundant as you are repetitive, Harmy...still cleaning out illegal immigrant housing for a living? You think Karma's been trying to tell Colorado something lately? "Throw the Hydra-headed troll overboard" maybe?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#987566 Sep 22, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it’s more about Time Sharing!! I’ll bet Hillary pitch to Huma if you need another Weiner we can have a Weiner roast on weekends all you can eat’ No Strings Attach!!
Do you ever have anything meaningful to say?

Your dirty schoolyard humor fits right in with the rest of your stupidity.

Orlando, FL

#987567 Sep 22, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Lois thinks the President should be her servent!
On Twitter, former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney announced the adoption of his “22nd grandchild,” Kieran James Romney, who is the second twenty-second grandchild he’s acquired in two months.
The child, adopted by his son Ben and wife Andelynne, is black. The circumstances of his adoption are unknown.
Critics have been quick to note that the boy’s name, Kieran, means “black” in Gaelic.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/09/22/romney-...
We elect our leaders to serve us, the people. Obama serves his self-imposed personal vision and blames republicans if they don't share his same vision.

Don't recall too many presidents like this one before. Most presidents reach across the aisle and work with representatives of the people who might not have voted for them.

Location hidden

#987568 Sep 22, 2013
Buy FOS wrote:
<quoted text>
Crazy person.
We know what you are, but what am I?

Orlando, FL

#987569 Sep 22, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I miss something? I don't visit often these days, though I'm sure I'm sorely missed by the Waxturd nitwit crew. I expect them all to show up at any time. Esp. the rabid gay duo of Fenris Electron.
Did Lorac go from a renter to an owner? Did she get the mobile home of her dreams?
Our offer was accepted on a house we like in an excellent location. We're waiting for the inspections and appraisal this week.

Cross your fingers. I know you will.

Location hidden

#987570 Sep 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Got overly excited about my possible future home when Lily asked me about it yesterday and probably got a little carried away.
Realized that too late.
But self-absorbed because of a self-absorbed Obama? Nah.
It's a 'possible future home'?

You come here to tell others about your 'possible future home'?

There's a core of you folks that really need to get off this thread and get an actual life. I can always count on seeing certain names however infrequently I stop by.

On both sides.

“Weak People Blame Others”

Location hidden

#987571 Sep 22, 2013
Buy FOS wrote:
<quoted text>
You are anti-American and screwing the future for our kids, idiot.
All of you Obama people are anti-child. You are destroying the country with your moronic ideals, dirtbag. GFY.
Name one? Of course you can't because that would require actual study and the ability to comprehend information above your 6th grade reading level

Orlando, FL

#987572 Sep 22, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Barack Obama has never cared about the best interests of our country. His agenda is 100% geared at what Obama's interests are, those include destroying our country and The Constitution. Obama only cares about Obama. If the dollars he was wasting came out of his pocket,maybe he might think differently about his radical left wing agenda.
This is the first president in our history who actually wants to bring this nation down and weaken us on the world stage - almost as payback for past sins - even though blacks have long since taken their place as a crucial part of this nation's fabric.

He really does.

Location hidden

#987573 Sep 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
All but two democrats walked out. Got any sources showing or reporting any republicans walking out?
There ya go again.

Arguing about meaningless shit.

Obama won. You lost. All the rest is your bullshit whining.

The State exchanges open in just over a week.

Get over it.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#987574 Sep 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
All but two democrats walked out. Got any sources showing or reporting any republicans walking out?
i just gave them to you.

are they all sitting in their seats?

Location hidden

#987575 Sep 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
...more NYC Bocajew religious bigotry...
And your blatant anti-semitism isn't religious bigotry?? DUH

You're a hypocrite of truly major proportions.

Time for you to leave for the evening, Nobraina.

“Weak People Blame Others”

Location hidden

#987576 Sep 22, 2013
Buy FOS wrote:
<quoted text>
You are anti-American and screwing the future for our kids, idiot.
All of you Obama people are anti-child. You are destroying the country with your moronic ideals, dirtbag. GFY.
LOL. And I see you apparently live in New York City. Enjoy buying every drop of water you consume in the very near future all thanks to Bush, Cheney and your friends at Halliburton. And if you or your love ones drop dead as a result of exposure to the poisoned water, too bad for you b/c Bush/Cheney's 2005 Energy Policy Act states the oil & gas companies are immune to suit. LOL.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-11-30/new-...

Location hidden

#987577 Sep 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Our offer was accepted on a house we like in an excellent location. We're waiting for the inspections and appraisal this week.
Cross your fingers. I know you will.
I wish you the best in this.

Location hidden

#987578 Sep 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the first president in our history who actually wants to bring this nation down and weaken us on the world stage - almost as payback for past sins - even though blacks have long since taken their place as a crucial part of this nation's fabric.
He really does.
there it is.

the hatred you harbor for this man is truly beyond belief.

Maybe this black just doesn't know his place is the way you look at it.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#987579 Sep 22, 2013
Darrell Issa (Almost) Successfully Trolls Democrats for Not Caring About Benghazi Victims

Pat Smith and Charles Woods, who've appeared in other media to shame Congress and the president for not working hard enough on Benghazi, called on the lower house to call more witnesses. If the House decides to create a special select committee—something leadership hasn't ruled out—we'll surely hear more from these parents. Faced with them, the five Republicans and two Democrats who stuck around the Oversight Committee basically one-upped each other on pathos, with South Carolina Rep. Trey Gowdy putting in a eulogy/apology worthy of Tennessee Williams.

At some point during these testimonies, an Issa staffer stood at the back of the room and took a photo, revealing how few Democrats were there. Issa tweeted this, twice.

PHOTO:@OversightDems excuse themselves from testimony of #Benghazi heroes' family members #PJNet pic.twitter.com/NP9u2I2noC
— Darrell Issa (@DarrellIssa) September 19, 2013

After ARB testifies, only 2 @OversightDems decide to stay & hear testimony from family members on 2nd panel PHOTO: pic.twitter.com/zfOjjppU0V
— Darrell Issa (@DarrellIssa) September 19, 2013

Notice how Issa softened the accusation in the second tweet—from all "Oversight Dems" to all but two. Didn't matter—the story rocketed around conservative media that, as Fox News put it, Democrats were "spitting on the graves" of Benghazi victims by not sitting for the parents' testimonies.

Just how cheap is this story? Well: There are 24 Republicans and 17 Democrats on the committee. Democrats sit on the left, from the witness's perspective; Republicans sit on the right. Here's a screenshot from the moment Gowdy started speaking to Woods and Smith.

There don't seem to be 24 Republicans sitting down for this; there seem to be six of 'em. So does Rep. Patrick McHenry not care about Benghazi victims? Does Rep. Thomas Massie not care about Benghazi victims? Does Rep. Doc Hastings not care about Benghazi victims?

http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2013/09/20/...

Orlando, FL

#987580 Sep 22, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a 'possible future home'?
You come here to tell others about your 'possible future home'?
There's a core of you folks that really need to get off this thread and get an actual life. I can always count on seeing certain names however infrequently I stop by.
On both sides.
You don't seem to understand the process of home buying. We have the option to walk away if the inspection reveals a costly repair and the sellers will not fix it.

The inspection and appraisal are scheduled for next week and we can walk away if there's a problem with costly repairs.

So, basically, we bought a home. After the inspection, we can say it's definitely ours.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#987581 Sep 22, 2013
Sarah Palin: GOP ‘Gutless’ for Not Standing Against Obamacare

“Whenever anything bad happens, the media blames Republicans for it,” Palin writes.“That’s not an excuse to roll over and play dead. It’s a call to follow the advice I give my daughters: Woman up, stand your ground, and fight like a girl!”

http://swampland.time.com/2013/09/22/sarah-pa...

but it already looks like a catfight in the House.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#987582 Sep 22, 2013
richardIII wrote:
<quoted text>
Karl Rove: President Bush Tried to Rein In Fan and Fred - WSJ.com
online.wsj.com/article/SB123137220550562585.h ... ;
Jan 8, 2009 - President Bush Tried to Rein In Fan and Fred ... Fannie and Freddie are "government-sponsored enterprises" (GSEs), chartered by Congress.
The White House Warned Congress About Fannie Mae Freddie Mac ...
nicedeb.wordpress.com/.../the-white-house-war ... ;
Sep 21, 2008 - Fannie and Freddie stating that “nothing's wrong”. The Bush Administration tried 17 times to reign in Fannie and Freddie (Note: I tried to quote ...
Fact Check: Obama Had More to Do With 2008 Economic Meltdown ...
www.thegatewaypundit.com/.../fact-check-obama ... ;
Sep 5, 2012 - Moreover, Fannie and Freddie acquired “more loans .... Institute tried this CRA nonsense back in 2007 when Bush saw the Recession coming ...
No forced subprime mortgages, no crisis.
Thanks Dodd, Frank, Carter, Clinton, et
lol! Oops! Trumped by history!

http://newsroom.bankofamerica.com/press-relea...

"Bank of America today announced agreements with the Federal National Mortgage Association (Fannie Mae) to resolve outstanding and potential repurchase and certain other claims relating to the origination, sale and delivery of substantially all residential mortgage loans originated and sold directly to Fannie Mae from January 1, 2000 through December 31, 2008 by entities related to Countrywide Financial Corporation (legacy Countrywide) and Bank of America, National Association (BANA).

In addition, Bank of America announced that it signed definitive agreements to sell the servicing rights on 2.0 million residential mortgage loans totaling approximately $306 billion, as measured by the aggregate unpaid principal balance (as of November 30, 2012).

“As we enter 2013, we sharpen our focus on serving our three customer groups and helping to move the economy forward,” said Bank of America Chief Executive Officer Brian Moynihan.“Together, these agreements are a significant step in resolving our remaining legacy mortgage issues, further streamlining and simplifying the company and reducing expenses over time.”

Fannie Mae agreements

The agreements with Fannie Mae cover loans with an aggregate original principal balance of approximately $1.4 trillion and an aggregate outstanding principal balance of approximately $300 billion. Unresolved claims by Fannie Mae for alleged breaches of selling representations and warranties with respect to these loans totaled $11.2 billion of unpaid principal balance at September 30, 2012. These agreements extinguish substantially all of those unresolved claims, as well as any future representations and warranties claims associated with loans sold directly to Fannie Mae from January 1, 2000 to December 31, 2008, subject to certain exceptions which Bank of America does not expect to be material.

As part of the agreement to settle representations and warranties claims, Bank of America will make a cash payment to Fannie Mae of $3.6 billion and also repurchase for $6.75 billion certain residential mortgage loans sold to Fannie Mae, which Bank of America has valued at less than the purchase price. These actions are expected to be covered by existing reserves and an additional $2.5 billion (pretax) in representations and warranties provision recorded in the fourth quarter of 2012.

Bank of America also agreed to make a cash payment to Fannie Mae to settle substantially all of Fannie Mae’s outstanding and future claims for compensatory fees arising out of past foreclosure delays. This payment is expected to be covered by existing reserves and an additional provision of $260 million (pretax) recorded in the fourth quarter of 2012.

Together, these actions described above are expected to reduce Bank of America’s pretax income by approximately $2.7 billion in the fourth quarter of 2012...."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 16 min _Zoey_ 301
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 22 min Eric 69,050
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr gcaveman1 46,361
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 68,393
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Learn to Read 177,493
12 wounded in city shootings 3 hr reality is a crutch 1
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 3 hr boo ya 53
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••