Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#987551 Sep 22, 2013
blurt wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope that lovely, "gently-used" and "lovingly refurbished" trailer home of your dreams comes equipped with a "double wide" door and ramp so they can fork-lift you out when you're finally, mercifully called home for a tallying of your countless sins against septic systems.
Until that glorious and dearly anticipated day, might we look forward to your absence for a couple of weeks as you search out the down market garage sales and flea markets for pick-up loads of tasteless chotchkas and massive used seat cushions full of geriatric farts to give your handicapped-friendly tornado magnet that "homey" touch befitting your future temporary coffin?
So what sold you on it, piggy -- owner financing? wrap-around grab bars in the tub, the curtains with the roosters and bunnies? Come on, share. Your audience is always rapt, you know -- or at least stunned or semi-comatose ... you insufferable, self-important slob, echo-chamber old former come bucket.
Jealousy is a terrible thing.

But this post is precisely why liberals are such obnoxious loons.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#987552 Sep 22, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush had basically Republican Congresses his first 6 years. Bush tried to put F & F oversight under White House control. Even Republicans in Congress told him no way.
Hey libtarded Moonbat:
"Democrats in their own words Covering up Fannie Mae, Freddie "

Your lying is so transparent. NUTJOB!!!!!!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#987553 Sep 22, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet..........you devoted countless hours over the past five years spouting nonsense opinions like a idiot savant on a meaningless quest. You've had various names and locations over time, you and Carol are the most consistent and prolific nitwits on this thread.
Yet you admit 'posts on threads like this are meaningless'.
So why do you devote so much time and effort talking about Gsalt in the third person? Why don't you just go back to being Nobraina? It's not like you've fooled anyone, even those who won't call you on it.
Could it be that your life is lacking meaning?
How is the weather on the Moon, freak?

“Weak People Blame Others”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#987554 Sep 22, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>In the history of the United States, Obama is the only true anti children president. His policies and agenda have hurt children more than all natural causes,wars,and outside factors combined. Statistically Obama is not only the anti-children president he is also the anti-job president. How did he ever get elected or re-elected? Every one that voted for him must know his anti-American policies.
Fine, name a single provision of the CFR that you argue is "anti-child".

Orlando, FL

#987555 Sep 22, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Repeated 107 times at least.
Fox trolling ;-)
Some people have thicker skulls than others apparently. But 107 is my limit. Yours is concrete.

But here's 108 - just for old time's sake.

Bush's unemployment numbers were rarely over 5% and only after 9/11 and the last few months of his presidency when the house of cards collapsed.

Orlando, FL

#987556 Sep 22, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
There are 24 Republicans and 17 Democrats on the committee. Democrats sit on the left, from the witness's perspective; Republicans sit on the right. Here's a screenshot from the moment Gowdy started speaking to Woods and Smith.
http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2013/09/20/...
right wing rhetoric source of screenshot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
we should all be more concerned about Big Media telling us both sides of every story. otherwise they're just pushing their own ad driven agenda.
All but two democrats walked out. Got any sources showing or reporting any republicans walking out?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#987557 Sep 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
There is little obvious inflation because the economy is still on the edge of recession.
As usual, you're wrong.

There is little inflation because Ben Bernanke has done a great job at the FED.

You nitwits were predicting massive inflation, ans you were proven wrong. As you were proven wrong about the Auto Bailout, with American Cars doing really well again, beating Toyota and Honda for quality in many cases.

And you're dead wrong about Obamacare. Proof is that 22% of Republicans had a good opinion of the 'Affordable Care Act', whild 12% of the same Republicans had a good opinion of 'Obamacare'.

There was an election last Novbember, where your guy ran on "I'll Repeal Obamacare on Day One".

He lost. Obama won, proving Americans want Obamacare.

Obamacare will be a major success, and that's what's got you nitwits so scared of it.

You nitwits poisoned the well as best you could, but you've lost.

Orlando, FL

#987558 Sep 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether one wants to blame politics or mortgage bankers, there would not have been any housing bubble and subsequent collapse were it not for irresponsible buyers who "purchased" houses far beyond their financial ability.
The buyers should bear most of the blame for their circumstances.
Granted. Can't count the number of times I asked "how are these people affording these overpriced houses" when we were renting to wait out the bubble bursting.

Eventually the kind of loans that allowed them to do that became clear. And why there were so many foreclosures a few years later.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#987559 Sep 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
,,,based on political scandal or love?
I think it’s more about Time Sharing!! I’ll bet Hillary pitch to Huma if you need another Weiner we can have a Weiner roast on weekends all you can eat’ No Strings Attach!!
Buy FOS

New York, NY

#987560 Sep 22, 2013
Buy American or Drop Dead wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine, name a single provision of the CFR that you argue is "anti-child".
You are anti-American and screwing the future for our kids, idiot.

All of you Obama people are anti-child. You are destroying the country with your moronic ideals, dirtbag. GFY.
Buy FOS

New York, NY

#987561 Sep 22, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual, you're wrong.
There is little inflation because Ben Bernanke has done a great job at the FED.
You nitwits were predicting massive inflation, ans you were proven wrong. As you were proven wrong about the Auto Bailout, with American Cars doing really well again, beating Toyota and Honda for quality in many cases.
And you're dead wrong about Obamacare. Proof is that 22% of Republicans had a good opinion of the 'Affordable Care Act', whild 12% of the same Republicans had a good opinion of 'Obamacare'.
There was an election last Novbember, where your guy ran on "I'll Repeal Obamacare on Day One".
He lost. Obama won, proving Americans want Obamacare.
Obamacare will be a major success, and that's what's got you nitwits so scared of it.
You nitwits poisoned the well as best you could, but you've lost.
Crazy person.

Location hidden

#987562 Sep 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Jealousy is a terrible thing.
But this post is precisely why liberals are such obnoxious loons.
Did I miss something? I don't visit often these days, though I'm sure I'm sorely missed by the Waxturd nitwit crew. I expect them all to show up at any time. Esp. the rabid gay duo of Fenris Electron.

Did Lorac go from a renter to an owner? Did she get the mobile home of her dreams?

Orlando, FL

#987563 Sep 22, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
self-absorbed poster ?
Got overly excited about my possible future home when Lily asked me about it yesterday and probably got a little carried away.

Realized that too late.

But self-absorbed because of a self-absorbed Obama? Nah.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#987564 Sep 22, 2013
richardIII wrote:
<quoted text>
Karl Rove: President Bush Tried to Rein In Fan and Fred - WSJ.com
online.wsj.com/article/SB123137220550562585.h ... ;
Jan 8, 2009 - President Bush Tried to Rein In Fan and Fred ... Fannie and Freddie are "government-sponsored enterprises" (GSEs), chartered by Congress.
The White House Warned Congress About Fannie Mae Freddie Mac ...
nicedeb.wordpress.com/.../the-white-house-war ... ;
Sep 21, 2008 - Fannie and Freddie stating that “nothing's wrong”. The Bush Administration tried 17 times to reign in Fannie and Freddie (Note: I tried to quote ...
Fact Check: Obama Had More to Do With 2008 Economic Meltdown ...
www.thegatewaypundit.com/.../fact-check-obama ... ;
Sep 5, 2012 - Moreover, Fannie and Freddie acquired “more loans .... Institute tried this CRA nonsense back in 2007 when Bush saw the Recession coming ...
No forced subprime mortgages, no crisis.
Thanks Dodd, Frank, Carter, Clinton, et
Bush did foresee the danger posed by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the government-sponsored mortgage finance giants. The president spent years pushing a recalcitrant Congress to toughen regulation of the companies, but was unwilling to compromise when his former Treasury secretary wanted to cut a deal. And the regulator Bush chose to oversee them - an old school buddy - pronounced the companies sound even as they headed toward insolvency.

As early as 2006, top advisers to Bush dismissed warnings from people inside and outside the White House that housing prices were inflated and that a foreclosure crisis was looming. And when the economy deteriorated, Bush and his team misdiagnosed the reasons and scope of the downturn. As recently as February, for example, Bush was still calling it a "rough patch."

The result was a series of piecemeal policy prescriptions that lagged behind the escalating crisis.

"There is no question we did not recognize the severity of the problems," said Al Hubbard, Bush's former chief economic adviser, who left the White House in December 2007. "Had we, we would have attacked them."

Looking back, Keith Hennessey, Bush's current chief economic adviser, said he and his colleagues had done the best they could "with the information we had at the time." But Hennessey did say he regretted that the administration had not paid more heed to the dangers of easy lending practices.

And both Paulson and his predecessor, John Snow, say the housing push went too far.

"The Bush administration took a lot of pride that home ownership had reached historic highs," Snow said during an interview. "But what we forgot in the process was that it has to be done in the context of people being able to afford their house. We now realize there was a high cost."

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/business/wo...

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#987565 Sep 22, 2013
richardIII wrote:
<quoted text>
as stupid as you are dumb, now stfu
As redundant as you are repetitive, Harmy...still cleaning out illegal immigrant housing for a living? You think Karma's been trying to tell Colorado something lately? "Throw the Hydra-headed troll overboard" maybe?

Location hidden

#987566 Sep 22, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it’s more about Time Sharing!! I’ll bet Hillary pitch to Huma if you need another Weiner we can have a Weiner roast on weekends all you can eat’ No Strings Attach!!
Do you ever have anything meaningful to say?

Your dirty schoolyard humor fits right in with the rest of your stupidity.

Orlando, FL

#987567 Sep 22, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Lois thinks the President should be her servent!
On Twitter, former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney announced the adoption of his “22nd grandchild,” Kieran James Romney, who is the second twenty-second grandchild he’s acquired in two months.
The child, adopted by his son Ben and wife Andelynne, is black. The circumstances of his adoption are unknown.
Critics have been quick to note that the boy’s name, Kieran, means “black” in Gaelic.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/09/22/romney-...
We elect our leaders to serve us, the people. Obama serves his self-imposed personal vision and blames republicans if they don't share his same vision.

Don't recall too many presidents like this one before. Most presidents reach across the aisle and work with representatives of the people who might not have voted for them.

Location hidden

#987568 Sep 22, 2013
Buy FOS wrote:
<quoted text>
Crazy person.
We know what you are, but what am I?

Orlando, FL

#987569 Sep 22, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I miss something? I don't visit often these days, though I'm sure I'm sorely missed by the Waxturd nitwit crew. I expect them all to show up at any time. Esp. the rabid gay duo of Fenris Electron.
Did Lorac go from a renter to an owner? Did she get the mobile home of her dreams?
Our offer was accepted on a house we like in an excellent location. We're waiting for the inspections and appraisal this week.

Cross your fingers. I know you will.

Location hidden

#987570 Sep 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Got overly excited about my possible future home when Lily asked me about it yesterday and probably got a little carried away.
Realized that too late.
But self-absorbed because of a self-absorbed Obama? Nah.
It's a 'possible future home'?

You come here to tell others about your 'possible future home'?

There's a core of you folks that really need to get off this thread and get an actual life. I can always count on seeing certain names however infrequently I stop by.

On both sides.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama Gives Trillions for Wall Street, Not a Di... 8 min Foster 20
Rattlesnake Logic 17 min little boy blue 20
Amy 10-24 34 min edogxxx 2
Abby 10-24 39 min edogxxx 2
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 43 min JOEL 70,100
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 48 min wojar 179,387
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 52 min KiMare 50,624
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]