Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1419606 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#987123 Sep 21, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
How about a 'one-hatey'?
A "one matey, ARRR!" (Am I too late for Pirate's Day or could I just act like a tea-bagger: same shit works for a decade or more?)

We will not go gentle

#987124 Sep 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor Galt.
If a buyer CHOOSES to include his 24 year old son, then his premiums would obviously be higher. Yet the added costs are far less than if that 24 year old purchased his own policy.
There were many options for coverages one could choose prior to Obamacare that would have raised your premiums.
Galt has no children, no insurance that isn't government provided, no sense...

We will not go gentle

#987125 Sep 21, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
carol just fell to 2nd place.
But I can't help but think that she learned him englisht.

Since: May 11

Aspers, PA

#987126 Sep 21, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
You are dumb. The above post from a moocher who has made a career of mooching off the government, first in line to get all the freebies. "John Galt" is correct. The constitution calls for a national defense. The problem is not the constitution, the problem is in the hands of lousy congress folks who enable the fraud. How about these examples of government fraud;
- Food stamps, use has doubled in 4 years and this under the economy directed by your hero, the girl messiah president nobama
- nobamakare a program more than 60% of American's don't like and don't want, a program expected to add a trillion dollars to the debt on 10 years
Peace
KMA
EEd is on Medicare.( i.e. Eed is a moocher)

The number of Food stamps recipients has NOT doubled in 4 years.(2008 -28 million peaked at 47 million)

Eed is a liar.

Obamacare does not add to the debt - it reduces the debt.(according to the CBO)

Eed is a liar again.
undercover ferrerman

Palatine, IL

#987127 Sep 21, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>A "one matey, ARRR!" (Am I too late for Pirate's Day or could I just act like a tea-bagger: same shit works for a decade or more?)
Hi, Leo! <blush>
TSM

El Paso, TX

#987128 Sep 21, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Do a "380"??? Sweet Jeebus, but Texas Small Mind doesn't seem to go far enough to cover the deficiency.
Nothing gets pass your Eyes… I’m actually surprise a Liberal caught it!!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#987129 Sep 21, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>But I can't help but think that she learned him englisht.
but cyphering those numbers seems to have been neglected.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#987130 Sep 21, 2013
Man destroying Earth not working out very Well… STUDY: Life on Earth has another 1.75 billion years to go!!

LCNLin

United States

#987131 Sep 21, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>A "one matey, ARRR!" (Am I too late for Pirate's Day or could I just act like a tea-bagger: same shit works for a decade or more?)
Teabagers seem unhappy,
something positive must be happening in America

“For God & Country”

Since: Aug 13

The Promised Land Illinois

#987132 Sep 21, 2013
waxywaxturd wrote:
Good Evening again to all my topix friends!!! As you all can see I have been here all day maniacally giving myself multiple brilliant judgits while negativly judging your posts and chit-chatting back and forth to myself using many of my favorite sockpuppets!! A "labor of love" though tiring!! I had to change my depends three times this afternoon but it was worth every diaper as it was challenging and exciting!!
I'm feeling the need to share yet again this morning with my Topix family, to clear the air so to speak! Another recommended form of self-affirmation. My doctor thinks it's a great idea!! Well, here goes!
My liver is totally shot but I don't regret one single day of drinking myself into a drunken, drugged out stupor. I was found on the ground in a semi-coma one morning next to a dumpster behind a disco and taken to the mental facility where I now reside. I have been here since my glory days in the 70's. Though I have no access to booze anymore I do take plenty of Meds!! Since living here all this time I have developed multiple personalities which I have very little control over. My doctor's tell me it is a way to escape the reality of my situation and confinement. Hence the heavy medication.
I have no access to sharp objects of any sort, no scissors, no knives,no ice picks, if you know what I mean. The psychiatric team who treat me feel the computer is a great outlet for my multiple problems and personalities. I adore spending my spare (which is all I have) time on topix venting my anger and hate through these, as they are called, sockpuppets!! I have been known to do a 48 hour stretch more than once!!! I listen to disco and show tunes while posting, it makes me feel invigorated!! Don't concern yourself with my lack of women, never had an interest in them anyway!
I and most of my sockpuppets will be on board all evening tonight making idiotic and mentally deranged comments, the sole purpose being to harass and feebly attempt to insult the legitimate posters who use this forum. I will also be judging your posts all night. I plan to be here for the entire night with my sockpuppets so get ready for an all out judgit blowout shitshow!!!!
Please JOIN in!! I will give you a head start if needed.
I enjoy spending the days and nights here giving out judgits to anyone who doesn't agree with me and I like to think I have full control of this thread!!! I consider it "mine"!!!!!!
PLEASE join me!
Warm and sincerest hugs!!! "Waxman"
As many of my topix friends are aware I have an endless supply of fake ip addresses and topix id's which I use every day of my life that I spend on topix.
It helps to pass the time here living on the psych ward in Ct. where I am permanently confined. It keeps me busy and I feel I am doing something worthwhile with all my spare time. My psychiatrists' think it is good therapy and basically harmless.
With love, Waxman!
Sharing your thought on hear is not a bad thing. It does not matter if most of the people agree/disagree with your post as long as it makes you feel better. This is the whole reason I post on here have fun :)

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#987133 Sep 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The Executive Branch spends the money appropriated by Congress.
Congress has an obligation to appropriate money to support the legislation that pass. If they aren't doing that, they aren't doing THEIR job and should be fired.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#987134 Sep 21, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Stripping money from the ACA will not shut the gov't down.
Not passing a spending bill that is acceptable to BOTH houses of
Congress will. The Reslugs presented a bill that they knew wouldn't pass the Senate. How stupid are they? If they were serious about avoiding a shut down, they would have passed a bill that represented a compromise. Instead, in typical reslug fashion, they are just playing games.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#987135 Sep 21, 2013
Al Gore has made Millions off the Stupid… Life on Earth has another 1.75 billion years to go!!

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#987136 Sep 21, 2013
TSM wrote:
The question ‘Are You Better Off Today than Four Years Ago’ NOPE!!!
Reality Check, Census Bureau report released on Tuesday reveals that the typical American family now earns less than it did in 1989. In 1989, median household income was $51,681 (in current dollars). In 2012, median household income was $51,017, homeownership 18 year Low; Poverty levels in 2012 also climbed to 46.5 million Americans--15% of the country--from 46.2 million in 2011!! WOW
'1989 ' was 20 years ago ,dude;not 4. But, I know that you're scared as crap to ask anyone in this country if they are better off now than at the end of Bush 43 's second term in 2009 when the economy was in full free-fall, and we were losing 800,000 jobs a month.
LCNLin

United States

#987137 Sep 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
don't like it, go to the poofball thread and discuss interior decorating...
nobama gay post number 1,235 and counting.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#987138 Sep 21, 2013
TSM wrote:
Man destroying Earth not working out very Well… STUDY: Life on Earth has another 1.75 billion years to go!!
With or without humans has become the open question of this climate century.

“For God & Country”

#987139 Sep 21, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>... yet American son!
Unlike you!
The dumbest and laziest US Citizen is still better than the rest of the world. Shoot I would say most America Citizens are even better than most of the rest of the world. The US and American Citizens are different.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#987140 Sep 21, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Stripping money from the ACA will not shut the gov't down.
Congress passed the Affordable Care Act and they have a responsibility to fund it. Period. Reslugs are playing a nasty game that will bite them in the rear.

“For God & Country”

#987141 Sep 21, 2013
TSM wrote:
I saw that article as well! OMG we are running out of time. It seams like it was only yesterday when the Dino's died off. Count down Clock 636,950,483,187 days till the end of life on earth.(Shaking in Styles but affordable Tennis shoes)

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#987142 Sep 21, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
The joke's on me. All this time I thought I was conversing with an adult. What a waste of time. Oh well...
Conversing? That would involve the exchange of thoughts and ideas. You don't seem capable of carrying on a conversation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Coffee Party 222,646
last post wins! (Dec '10) 1 hr honeymylove 2,427
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ize Found 70,958
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Too Funny 61,058
last post wins! (Apr '13) 5 hr They cannot kill ... 1,475
Social Security 5 hr Master L-Bates 8
Star news is Annoying. 5 hr Jerkt toff 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages