Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 45,290)

Showing posts 905,781 - 905,800 of1,033,782
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
actually, I never made a comment about them being war declarations. However, I do believe that they were authorizations for the use of force and not declarations of war. they were specifically not declarations of war
The Gulf of Tonkin Resolution (officially, the Southeast Asia Resolution, Public Law 88-408) was a joint resolution that the United States Congress passed on August 7, 1964, in response to the Gulf of Tonkin Incident.
It is of historical significance because it gave U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson authorization, without a formal declaration of war by Congress, for the use of "conventional'' military force in Southeast Asia. Specifically, the resolution authorized the President to do whatever necessary in order to assist "any member or protocol state of the Southeast Asia Collective Defense Treaty". This included involving armed forces.
It was opposed in the Senate only by Senators Wayne Morse (D-OR) and Ernest Gruening (D-AK). Senator Gruening objected to "sending our American boys into combat in a war in which we have no business, which is not our war, into which we have been misguidedly drawn, which is steadily being escalated".(Tonkin Gulf debate 1964) The Johnson administration subsequently relied upon the resolution to begin its rapid escalation of U.S. military involvement in South Vietnam and open warfare between North Vietnam and the United States.
There is a difference between a DECLARATION OF WAR AND a Resolution of the use of force.
Congress has the power to declare war, but no Constitutional power to "authorize use of force"...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Not the point; both were declarations of war.
??????????

You must be from another country son.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"John Galt"
You are for the murder by abortion of innocents? Or do you only support abortion if the victim is black?
Peace
KMA
Galt opposes abortion on moral grounds, but believes that fools have a right to be immoral. Any person of any race who chooses to murder their own child must find a way to live with themselves. Suicide might be appropriate.
wow

Southampton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Wow
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! And you still can't find that part in the Constitution, eh?
No wonder you're even more confused son.
I talked to you this morning because you were making some reasonable connections, now that you are back to acting like a clown-I am going to ignore you.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"John Galt"
You are for the murder by abortion of innocents? Or do you only support abortion if the victim is black?
Peace
KMA
To answer your question more fully, Eed, the word "murder" in relation to abortion requires a religious belief that life begins at conception, a belief supported by Roman Catholics and fundamentalist Christians. Most other reasonable people believe that life begins when the fetus is viable outside the womb.

DemoKKKrats believe that executing a child at the moment of birth is acceptable, and would allow abortion up to age 18 if they had their choice. Bottom line of their position is that whatever the mother wants rules and that the father and the child have no rights. Selfish pigs.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Congress has the power to declare war, but no Constitutional power to "authorize use of force"...
Karma and Yeah this is for you -

Definition of war is a state of armed conflict between different nations or states or different groups within a nation or state.

An authorization for use of military force is a euphemism for war.

No constitutional scholar, that I am aware of, has ever claimed that a POTUS went illegally to war using "authorization for use of force..."
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
So tell me when did the Church of Christ involve itself in terrorist activity as the Muslim Brotherhood has.
Realtime is trying to lump terrorist with churches.
We get it she/he hates religion but the analogy is totally stupid.
Listen up dummy__Islam is a religion* as is Christianity.

The COC is someones idea of an improvement to what was written in the New Testament (KJV). Kinda like the KJV on steroids__hey boys, lets start at the back, scare the fk out of everyone and work towards the front where the Catholics and Lutherans hang out.

Same Same with the Muslim Brotherhood and other so called schemes to improve Islam.

* sometimes regarded as a way of life or instructions for life depending upon ones IQ.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Listen up dummy__Islam is a religion* as is Christianity.
The COC is someones idea of an improvement to what was written in the New Testament (KJV). Kinda like the KJV on steroids__hey boys, lets start at the back, scare the fk out of everyone and work towards the front where the Catholics and Lutherans hang out.
Same Same with the Muslim Brotherhood and other so called schemes to improve Islam.
* sometimes regarded as a way of life or instructions for life depending upon ones IQ.
So what? The Muslim Brotherhood is a terrorist group and you have yet to make such a connection to any Church-that is what you are missing.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Listen up dummy__Islam is a religion* as is Christianity.
Islam is an international terrorist conspiracy, not a religion.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Christie is an exceptionally likeable (R) politician but in no way conservative enough for FOX-TEA and others.
Christie in the White House would be akin to reelecting DaBammy to a third term.
BTW__UCLA is putting an azz whoopin on the Cornhuskers and that's always a beautiful thing.
WRONG.

CHRISTIE/Paul/Uncle Joe et al 2016!

Solid American Economics and REAL leadership FOR America again-NOT against it!

The T.E.A Party!
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Karma and Yeah this is for you -
Definition of war is a state of armed conflict between different nations or states or different groups within a nation or state.
An authorization for use of military force is a euphemism for war.
No constitutional scholar, that I am aware of, has ever claimed that a POTUS went illegally to war using "authorization for use of force..."
Have you ever had exceptional greek yogurt?
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Wait long enough....
... that'll change to all religions against secular people.
Naw...that's why the current pack of kiddies on the hill had to resort to race and class baiting (for LOSERS) for they campaign platforms.

"The 80's cawrled and they wants they fo'reen policy back".

(still CRINGING in embarrassment for MY generation on that ignopunk quip.)

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Hit a nerve with whatever eh?
That scumbag will be sittin up near the preacher manana
You seem to have great difficulty with opposing arguments. Is Obama's embarrassing presidency starting to take its toll on your patience?

Myself, the poster "Whatever", and most rational people would agree that radical Islam has nothing in common with fundamental Christianity where terrorism and violence is concerned.

Where does the left stand regarding Islam's "war" on women?
Lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I talked to you this morning because you were making some reasonable connections, now that you are back to acting like a clown-I am going to ignore you.
I'm sure he's devastated
Frank

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Are those terms now racist?
Today the term "Chicago politics" is considered racist as is the term "birth certificate" or 'identification',patriot and honorable.
Frank

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Are those terms now racist?
Today,using the word work or the word earn is considered racist as are standards.testing, or credentials.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama will still be blaming Bush when he gets dragged out of the White House on January 20, 2017.
I wonder who the next president will blame?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Today,using the word work or the word earn is considered racist as are standards.testing, or credentials.
Toss in personal responsibility, too.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder who the next president will blame?
The next 10 Presidents and and a whole slew of historians will be blaming the Assclown-In-Chief for the next 100 years.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 905,781 - 905,800 of1,033,782
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

63 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 min JOEL COOL DUDE 64,996
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 9 min RACE 4,023
Amy 4-17 11 min RACE 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min Linktv org 167,417
Abby 4-17 19 min RACE 4
World War O 47 min Washington Blog 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 51 min Brian_G 42,940
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Go Blue Forever 96,017
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance