Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 45,266)

Showing posts 905,301 - 905,320 of1,034,585
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Time to go watch some football/racing. I shall respond when I return.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us the logic that claims a use of military force is different from war?
"There is a difference between a limited punishment of Syria for breaking an international taboo on the use of chemical weapons and becoming involved in a civil war." The foreign policy risk behind the Arab revolutions http://wapo.st/17sysWe via @washingtonpost
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Okay folks here is what appears to be Obama's official line of excuse making

1)1) Rs call for strikes
2) Rs then oppose Obama's proposed strikes
3) Rs now oppose UN deal over its lack of force threat

1) McCain and Graham doesn't count
2) Just like the majority of Americans
3) You asked for use of force then reversed stance and agreed to removing threat of force

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Yes and what you fail to understand is they lost ground under Obama because you can't read. Nobody was talking about the wealthy(changing the question).
they've been losing ground since 1980...you and your alter ego whatever, claimed was that their incomes had been going up in the 80's, 90's and under bush. I just provided links that provided evidence that statement was not accurate.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

lol! Well, now that we know Stephen Moore is a political hack for the right wing nuts, it puts new light on the data he's interpreting!!!!!

"Stephen Moore
Editorial board member and senior economics writer, The Wall Street Journal.

Stephen Moore joined The Wall Street Journal as a member of the editorial board and senior economics writer on May 31, 2005. He splits his time between Washington and New York, focusing on economic issues, including budget, tax and monetary policy.

Stephen has been a frequent contributor to the Journal over the years, and is previously known as the founder and former president of the Club for Growth, which raises money for political candidates who favor free-market economic policies. He left that position in 2004. Just prior to coming to the Journal, Stephen was president of a new organization, the Free Enterprise Fund.

Over the years Stephen has served as a senior economist on the Congressional Joint Economic Committee, as a budget expert for the Heritage Foundation and as a senior economics fellow at the Cato Institute, where he published dozens of studies on federal and state tax and budget policy. He was a consultant to the National Economic Commission in l987, and research director for President Reagan's Commission on Privatization.

Stephen is the author of five books, most recently, "Bullish on Bush: How the Ownership Society Is Making America Richer." He graduated from the University of Illinois and holds a masters degree in economics from George Mason University."
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
dude, I don't dispute the fact that since the recession started in 2007, the income of middle class and poor Americans has gone down, my point was why just look at the last four years or so
The income of middle class and poor Americans has been steadily declining since 1980
those links showed both income and wealth, which are interconnected
lol! Don't worry. The 'source' they're ascribing to is a political right wing hack. He's simply interpreting data others need to purchase.

In other words, they're just parroting a source.

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
"Middle class" is a set of values, not an income level.
Make your arguments by referring to specific income levels.
Most people with middle class values are doing very well, or at least do not continually blame others for their problems.
Maybe for you it is, but for everyone else, it is related to income and wealth

"One plausible definition of "middle-class" is those households in the middle quintile of the income distribution, or between the 40th and 60th percentiles. Under this view, 0-20th percentile is lower class, 20th-40th is lower-middle class, 40th-60th is middle class, 60th-80th is upper middle class, and 80th to 99th is upper class. The lower classes make under $20,262, in this view, and the upper classes above $101,582, according to the latest Census data. How do the classes compare, then? Let's compare the five classes, as well as what we'll call the Romney/Obama upper class, defined as those making over $200,000 a year. Here's how much each group makes, on average:"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/...

here's the result of googling middle class definition

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>How could you possibly 'know' this?
Because it has done so under every president except two. FDR and Obama.

LATER!!!!

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
Okay folks here is what appears to be Obama's official line of excuse making
1)1) Rs call for strikes
2) Rs then oppose Obama's proposed strikes
3) Rs now oppose UN deal over its lack of force threat
1) McCain and Graham doesn't count
2) Just like the majority of Americans
3) You asked for use of force then reversed stance and agreed to removing threat of force
I did notice in the long run, when it comes to disarming Assad of his WMD's seems to be on the road towards MISSION ACCOMPLISHED without invading the country, the loss of a single American serviceman, the use of military force or arming questionable rebels

hard to argue with results
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the only confused about who was in office during those wars.
lol! Now, now son.

That's another lie of yours!

I haven't disputed that.

All I've asked for is the declaration of wars you claim exist. If you think about it (and clearly you haven't), just by proving that simple proof would make that claim of yours true.

So far, all you're proving is you want to duck, dodge, run and hide from your original point.

In other words, you lied! I'm simply trying to help you prove YOUR case son. I shouldn't have to but it seems you're having a lot of difficulty with yourself!

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Yes and what you fail to understand is they lost ground under Obama because you can't read. Nobody was talking about the wealthy(changing the question).
so income is unrelated to wealth. BTW, the data I presented was for both INCOME AND WEALTH.

WHAT A MAROON
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Because it has done so under every president except two. FDR and Obama.
LATER!!!!
This is what you claimed....

"....No I'm not saying that. Learn to read. The economy would be this bad or better if Obama had done absolutely NOTHING! Once all the deadwood was cut the job market stabilized."

Prove it then
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

The Annual Republican Crisis

The fiscal year is about to end, so the annual awakening of Tea Party Republicans in the House and Senate is about to begin. Most of the time they sit around and do virtually nothing but gripe (they have made the current Congress the least productive ever), but a new fiscal year finally gives them a chance to govern the only way they know how: by creating a false crisis in order to tear down a piece of the government.

This year, as has been the case so often in the past, their target is President Obama’s health care reform law. If it is not repealed or defunded or delayed or otherwise left bleeding in the public square, they will not pass a spending bill needed to keep the government open past Sept. 30. And if that doesn’t cripple the health law (which it won’t), they will resort to the far more serious threat of default, refusing to raise the nation’s debt ceiling, no matter the catastrophe that would cause.

It has been clear for months that House Republicans are not going to agree to the Senate’s reasonable spending plan for 2014, one that replaces the damage of the sequester with a mix of revenue increases and less-harmful cuts. The House budget, in fact, calls for cuts to below the sequester level. The best that can be hoped for is a stopgap measure, known as a continuing resolution, to keep the government running through mid-December at this year’s inadequate level.

But on Wednesday, with time running out, House leaders announced they couldn’t manage even something as simple as that. Speaker John Boehner and Eric Cantor, the majority leader, had come up with a far-fetched scheme to placate the radicals in their coalition by attaching a provision to the spending resolution that would force the Senate to vote on defunding health reform. The Senate would, of course, instantly reject the health care language, but it could then approve the spending measure to prevent a shutdown.

The Republican extremists killed the idea, leaving the scheme without enough votes. They are no longer interested in symbolic blows against the health law; there have already been scores of those votes. They actually think they can get the Senate, and ultimately the president, to approve the defunding of the health law — Mr. Obama’s most important achievement — by threatening to harm the nation and the economy.

This is pure delusion. Democrats are never going to undo the law, especially knowing the size of the self-inflicted wound Republicans would suffer if they really did force a shutdown or, far worse, a default. But the powerful forces on the right don’t care about reality. The Club for Growth, a conservative group, announced it would use its dreaded ratings system against any Republican who supported a continuing resolution that did not “defund Obamacare.”

According to the Senate Conservatives Fund, an activist group,“House Republican leaders have chickened out and decided to fund a program that will destroy our country.” The group, founded by former Senator Jim DeMint, promised to run primary challengers against those who don’t vote to destroy the law.

Mr. Boehner, too, bears responsibility for the chaos that engulfs him. On Thursday, he demanded health-law concessions from Democrats, even as he announced that “we’ll continue to do everything we can to repeal, dismantle and defund Obamacare.” This only raises expectations on the right that the impossible might be achieved, as Harry Reid, the Senate majority leader, put it,“in an alternative universe.”

What the speaker should be doing is the only thing that will spare the economy this unnecessary trauma: putting a clean spending bill and debt-ceiling increase before the full House for a vote, making it clear that the shrill voices of extremists have been silenced.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/15/opinion/sun...

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Here for the reading challenged and libtards. Whoops same thing.

Sentier Research provides access, interpretation, evaluation, and analysis of data on American households. Businesses and governments today are awash in a sea of data about the economy and consumers. These data are often biased, inaccurate, incomplete, and out-of-date. We can assist you in finding the best data and then help you understand them. Household income, demographics, discretionary spending, purchasing power, household forecasts, and taxes are topics that form the core of our capabilities.

Our most recent achievement is development of the first index to track changes in median household income on a monthly basis. This index, Household Income Index (HII) was first released in November 2011.
the good news

The new kid on the block so to speak is the American Community Survey (ACS). It replaces most of the detail we all used to get from the Decennial Census (actually has important the good newsadditions). The ACS produces data annually based on a sample of about about 3 million households. We specialize in using the ACS data.
the bad news

Easy access to detailed statistics from the ACS and other important surveys is seriously lacking. The only things available from the Census Bureau's website are very crude the bad news tabulations that are poorly labelled, and difficult to interpret. Do not be fooled into thinking that Census is the last stop for your data needs.

the best news

We provide services and software related to the ACS and, of course, other relevant hard hats required surveys that make the data easy to access. If you need anything from simple tabulations to detailed user directed tabulation systems we can create them fast. We also provide a lot of free advice so do not hesitate to contact us. If you can get what you need for free from us or from someplace else we will let you know.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Dong, do you squint-eyes eat breakfast?
Are you using this definition as a racist description son?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
dude, I don't dispute the fact that since the recession started in 2007, the income of middle class and poor Americans has gone down, my point was why just look at the last four years or so
The income of middle class and poor Americans has been steadily declining since 1980
those links showed both income and wealth, which are interconnected
Okay, I'm following

It is throwing money down a rabbit hole to try revive the past era of the industrial revolution using stimulus money.

Simply put, society needs to adjust to changing work force needs.

Our children need to excel in math and science which the US has been lagging behind in since Carter's Dept of Education began.

My second suggestion would be to stop over regulating industries that require technical workers as this is the industry with the most jobs to offer.
Bernard Forand

Lehigh Acres, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Dong, do you squint-eyes eat breakfast?
A Capitalist Adventure….
History has demonstrated how hazardous toxic waste was disposed of. One considered the “Dirty Way”. WWII , after the war U.S. disposed of these hazardous Toxic materials , in Germany dumped them into the Baltic Sea and Japan’s ended up in the Pacific. Two examples of hundreds of the “Dirty Way”.
Syria is being forced to dispose of their hazardous toxic waste in a very short amount of time. Leaving them with little options than to incorporate the “Dirty Way”.
USA has for the past 28 years, at a cost of $35 Billion, has developed a safer solution. Constructing of “Special Furnaces”. Infrastructure of scrubbers and chemical reactive agents neutralize or render the hazardous waste inert.
Presently the USA harbors 7 of these plants. To name a few; Johnston Atoll in the Pacific and the Aberdeen Proving Ground in Maryland, and it is in the process of building two more, at Richmond, Ky., and Pueblo, Colo. The private sector is as well contributing to erecting similar plants competing with the government to produce a profit.
Take it one step further and the question emerges as to why do we not have “Special Furnaces” with their infrastructures, to convert our land field waste,“Dirty Way”, into a profitable source of energy.
Perhaps other nations have questioned that and do have such plants. Sweden, Netherlands, Israel, etc. etc. All the while the USA prefers the “Dirty Way”.….There’s gold in them thar land fields..
You may be saying to yourself what has that got to do with what I said. Simple as it is with your callow big bad wolf nonsense, that has no substance, no facts and no value, just some foggy cloud drifting about consider this is just the tip of an iceberg of solid reality, that this fog has drifted up upon.

Frank

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Nat Turner wrote:
<quoted text>Can you blame them?
No one should be racist. You do not think that that every person on Earth today is responsible for the misdeeds of people that were here six generations ago or three thousand or five thousand years ago? People need to take personal responsibility and society needs to take social responsibility not vise versa.
Bernard Forand

Lehigh Acres, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Right wing nuts have no conception of the various shades of anything. They are colorblind to merely see only the shadows of extremes. Little wonder why they continuously stumble about.
It is well known that equality will not work. Just as has been proven that total inequality will not work. What does work is more equitable distribution of the laborers productivity.
Governments are limited by their use of force upon their constituents. A more prevailing force is the Liberal International Free Trade Markets. This force or motivating ideology is what sculptors the various sovereignties through out the world.
Various degrees of inequality within a sovereignty demonstrates their ability to exist securely with their competitors.
Presently USA’s inequality merits us more equivalent to sovereignties such as Iran and Turkey. Diminishing our strengths to the Free Trade Markets of our competitors.
http://neweconomy.net/content/wealth-inequali... video chart USA wealth Distributions..
For more precise information suggest reading a book,, on more specifics of internal inequality of economics and their results would be; Joseph E. Stiglitz One of his books just released “ The Price Of Inequality”. He is also has a history an economic advisor on the presidents councils. Nobel Prize in Economics.

Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Now, now son.
That's another lie of yours!
I haven't disputed that.
All I've asked for is the declaration of wars you claim exist. If you think about it (and clearly you haven't), just by proving that simple proof would make that claim of yours true.
So far, all you're proving is you want to duck, dodge, run and hide from your original point.
In other words, you lied! I'm simply trying to help you prove YOUR case son. I shouldn't have to but it seems you're having a lot of difficulty with yourself!
This is your most dumb ass post to date.

I stated they were in office when the wars started.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 905,301 - 905,320 of1,034,585
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

44 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min wojar 167,679
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min mdbuilder 43,022
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 7 min Eric 65,182
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 15 min jimtownhounddogsniffing 6,538
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr ScarletandOlive 96,151
Abby 4-20 1 hr cheluzal 10
Obama and Hillary's Just Dessert? 1 hr Buckeye 4
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE