Six months of accidental shootings of children since NewtownBoy, 3, among 13 injured in Chicago park shooting
Thirteen people have been shot at a park on Chicago's southwest side, including a 3-year-old boy who was in critical condition, in what authorities say was a gang-related shooting...
Show me ghetto and I will show you liberal...
It's the culure
Of the 188 accidental shootings listed below:
* 76 resulted in the death of children and teens aged 18 and under
* 28 resulted in the death of children aged 7 or under -- the ages of the first-graders killed at Newtown
* in at least 25 of the fatal shootings, the shooter was aged 18 and under
* in at least 9 of the fatal shootings (news reports often omit the age of juvenile shooters), the shooter was aged 12 and under; 6 of the shooters were aged 8 and under
* in at least 12 of the fatal shootings, a sibling pulled the trigger
* in four fatal shootings, the father pulled the trigger (no mothers did, although plenty of guns owned by mothers were found by children who then shot themselves and/or others)
* 46 additional children aged 7 and under were shot and survived
* the youngest shooting victim was 10 months old
* three babies were shot -- a 14-month-old was shot by a neighbor, a 10-month-old was shot and killed by his father, and a 10-month-old was shot by his 3-year-old sister
Also not included are the number of adults who are accidentally killed by children, the most recent of which is the former Green Beret father who survived the Iraq War only to be shot dead by his 4-year-old son. The 4-year-old wasn't injured -- physically, at least. The psychological damage that he will suffer when he fully understands what happened to his father is another avoidable tragedy.
show me a child involved in an accidental shooting and i'll show you a conservative.