Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Read more
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#985614 Sep 19, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
If a person went off the grid and dealt only with cash I suppose he could disappear. No bank accounts, credit cards, mortgages, leases. Live out in the woods or something.
Lose your nasty sock leosnana lily?

lily confesses her ignorance, sock leosnana provides it...

It's the culture..
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#985615 Sep 19, 2013
Freaky1Freaky wrote:
<quoted text>
Qualify any of these FACTS as lies please
leosnana is lily's sock...
Annie

New York, NY

#985616 Sep 19, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
needs to be repeated...
"President Clinton?
In 1993, Clinton issued an order banning guns from US military bases."
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2013/09/t...
Follow us:@AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook
While liberals have insisted on giving crazies more rights than they care about protecting the public.

There's been another mass shooting by a crazy person, and liberals still refuse to consider institutionalizing the dangerous mentally ill.

The man who shot up the Washington Navy Yard on Monday, Aaron Alexis, heard voices speaking to him through the walls. He thought people were following him. He believed microwave ovens were sending vibrations through his body. There are also reports that Alexis believed the Obamacare exchanges were ready to go.

Anyone see any bright red flags of paranoid schizophrenia?(Either that, or Obama's NSA is way better than we thought!)

But Alexis couldn't be institutionalized because the left has officially certified the mentally ill as "victims," and once you're a victim, all that matters is that you not be "stigmatized."

But here's the problem: Coddling the mentally ill isn't even helping the mentally ill. Ask the sisters of crazy homeless woman "Billie Boggs" how grateful they were to the ACLU for keeping Boggs living on the streets of New York City. Ask the parents of Aaron Alexis, James Holmes (Aurora, Colo., movie theater shooter), Jared Loughner (Tucson, Ariz., mall shooter) or Seung-Hui Cho (Virginia Tech shooter) how happy they are that their sons weren't institutionalized.

Tellingly, throughout the last three decades, the overall homicide rate has been in free fall, thanks to Republican crime policies, from 10 per 100,000 in 1980 to 4 per 100,00 today.(You might even call them "common sense" crime policies.)

But the number of mass shootings has skyrocketed from 4 per year, between 1900 and 1970, to 29 per year since then.

Something seems to have gone horribly wrong right around 1970. What could it be? Was it the introduction of bell-bottoms?

That date happens to correlate precisely with when the country began throwing the mentally ill out of institutions in 1969.

Your memory of there not being as many mass murders a few decades ago is correct.

Your memory of there not being as many homeless people a few decades ago is also correct.

But liberals won't allow the dangerous mentally ill to be committed to institutions against their will.(The threat of commitment is very persuasive in getting disturbed individuals to take their medicine.)

Something in liberals' genetic makeup compels them to attack civilization, for example, by defending the right of dangerous psychotics to refuse treatment and then representing them in court after they commit murder.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#985617 Sep 19, 2013
It's Talk Like a Pirate Day:

American worker: "Thanks to those greedy bastards on Wall Street, I may never get to retarrr!"
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#985618 Sep 19, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>How many times does this have to be debunked before you get the message, Bunky? You Grumpy Old Pricks just love spreading lies and manure in equal quantities.
The only Grumpy Old Prick I see here is you, libtard.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#985619 Sep 19, 2013
Ed Schultz: "Rush Limbaugh's a lowdown dirty larrr!"
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#985620 Sep 19, 2013
<quoted text>
These; or this, mental case seriously needs some new material.
It's the culture...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#985621 Sep 19, 2013
Under the Affordable Care Act, insurance plans offered in the new marketplaces will have to cover a core set of services called “essential health benefits.” Included on the list of 10 benefits are mental-health and substance-use disorder services, which include behavioral health treatment, counseling and psychotherapy. Specifically, as part of what’s considered preventive services, plans will also cover alcohol-misuse screening and counseling, depression screening for adults and adolescents, domestic and interpersonal violence screening for women, and behavioral assessments for children.
Here are two important points about mental-health coverage under Obamacare. First, the coverage for behavioral health services must be generally comparable with coverage for medical and surgical care. Second, plans offered in the marketplace have to cover preventive services without charging customers a co-payment or coinsurance even if you haven’t met your yearly deductible. But the services have to be delivered by a network provider.
Anyone who claims to want to improve mental health access as a response to gun violence AND opposes Obamacare is a lying weasel. Make that a hypocritical lying weasel.

http://www.dailykos.com/

Lois?
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#985622 Sep 19, 2013
It's Talk Like a Pirate Day:
American worker: "Thanks to those greedy bastards on Wall Street, I may never get to retarrr!"
Occupy Michael Moore: "Wall Street Has Their Man And His Name Is Barack Obama"...

It's the culture...

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#985623 Sep 19, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
I expect that'll be the rational of the post Obama neo - middle class. The soft coercion of subsidies and tax-credits to purchase exorbitantly priced health insurance for families earning less than $90,000 a year, along with already crippling taxes, will squeeze the resolve out of a lot of people. Obama is forcing formerly productive Americans to swallow their pride and get in line.
Whatever the logical reaction of a society cowed by its government may be, it isn't going to be pleasant.
For qualified families making under 90K unless you are telling me every family making 90K or less gets a subsidy.

Are you people just stupid?
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#985624 Sep 19, 2013
Ed Schultz: "Rush Limbaugh's a lowdown dirty larrr!"
Just let the idiot4life Ed Schultz whim and whine... Fuckhim4life... Hell Ed Schultz has nothing else.. but moron4life...

It's the culture...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#985625 Sep 19, 2013
There's been another plant explosion in Oklahoma. This one a chemical plant.

Is it just me or is anyone else seeing a pattern of plant explosions? Isn't this the third one in the past six months?

Maybe it's more of a common occurrence than I'm aware.
Annie

New York, NY

#985626 Sep 19, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
I expect that'll be the rational of the post Obama neo - middle class. The soft coercion of subsidies and tax-credits to purchase exorbitantly priced health insurance for families earning less than $90,000 a year, along with already crippling taxes, will squeeze the resolve out of a lot of people. Obama is forcing formerly productive Americans to swallow their pride and get in line.
Whatever the logical reaction of a society cowed by its government may be, it isn't going to be pleasant.
Currently in NYC it pays to stay home and collect welfare vs being a public school teacher at around $23 per hour.

I've heard the tipping point for working vs sponging regarding healthcare will be at about $50K per year for a family of four--2 non-smokers and 2 children.

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#985627 Sep 19, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
One word:
Fast & Furious
Counting not your string suit?
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#985628 Sep 19, 2013
Under the Affordable Care Act, insurance plans offered in the new marketplaces will have to cover a core set of services called “essential health benefits.” Included on the list of 10 benefits are mental-health and substance-use disorder services, which include behavioral health treatment, counseling and psychotherapy. Specifically, as part of what’s considered preventive services, plans will also cover alcohol-misuse screening and counseling, depression screening for adults and adolescents, domestic and interpersonal violence screening for women, and behavioral assessments for children.
Here are two important points about mental-health coverage under Obamacare. First, the coverage for behavioral health services must be generally comparable with coverage for medical and surgical care. Second, plans offered in the marketplace have to cover preventive services without charging customers a co-payment or coinsurance even if you haven’t met your yearly deductible. But the services have to be delivered by a network provider.
Anyone who claims to want to improve mental health access as a response to gun violence AND opposes Obamacare is a lying weasel. Make that a hypocritical lying weasel.
http://www.dailykos.com/
Lois?
No wonder you are an idiot lily...dailykos for losers...

It's the culture..

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#985629 Sep 19, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I about fell out of my chair when I heard him say that! The man is clueless.
Wonder why he thinks he has to raise the ceiling if it doesn't increase the debt? The ceiling would stay put otherwise.
Annie

New York, NY

#985630 Sep 19, 2013
Obama's O'Bysmal Record

The president has had an almost uniformly bad start to his second term.

Scandals

The woe-begotten implementation of his health law

A chaotic unraveling of the once-vaunted “Arab Spring”

The ascendancy of rival nations on the world stage and the intractable partisan standoff in Congress have left Americans skeptical of Obama’s election-year plea to “hold on” just a bit longer to let his agenda work

In survival mode and stripped of the political stars who helped the administration stay on offense for the first four years, Team Obama is looking bereft.

The result of the White House summit of former political aides who helped the president settle on trying to hang the Syria debacle around the necks of Congressional Republicans suggest that David Axelrod & Co. themselves have lost their chops whilst lolling in MSNBC green rooms and Hoovering up corporate cash on K Street.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#985631 Sep 19, 2013
The latest House Republican health care reform plan, unveiled Wednesday, with many of the party's favorite concepts, isn't going anywhere. The Senate won't pass it, and President Obama wouldn't sign it.

But if it did actually take the place of Obamacare, some experts say that it wouldn't do much to help America's poor and uninsured.

The plan, drawn up by the House Republican Study Committee, starts with repealing the 2010 health care reform law. It then aims to lower health care costs through a few mechanisms. Income and payroll tax deductions would be available to individuals ($7,500) and families ($20,000) for health coverage. Insurance plans could be sold across state lines. The federal government would pump $25 billion into state high-risk pools for people with preexisting conditions. Medical malpractice laws would be reformed to reduce doctors' risk of litigation.

If those ideas sound familiar, that's because they are, Tim Jost, a Washington and Lee professor who supports Obamacare, told TPM. They're proposals that conservatives have been pushing for a long time.

"There's nothing new in here," Jost said. "It's a repackaging of all the ideas that Republicans have been throwing out there for years and that don't address the problem."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/why-the-gop-s...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#985632 Sep 19, 2013
Boehner Caves to the Cruz Cabal’s Demands

House Speaker John Boehner confirmed Wednesday that he’s going along with the conservative activists’ demands to tie funding to the government to defunding Obamacare. Considering how unpopular that is with voters, it’s a breathtaking indication of how little Republicans have learned.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/09...
Annie

New York, NY

#985633 Sep 19, 2013
Obama's O'Bysmal Record

It seems like it has been 10 years, but in reality it has been less than 10 months since the president’s second inauguration.

And as President Obama tries to put Syria behind him, nothing on the domestic agenda looks promising. I don’t know what the opposite of the Midas Touch is, but that’s what Obama has…

Obama was also dealt an embarrassing blow this week as Larry Summers withdrew his name from consideration for Federal Reserve Chairman. I wasn’t even for Summers getting the job, but this was another telling sign that the president lacks any political capital on the Hill — among members of either party. If he wasn’t so weak, he might have gotten his pick for the Fed, but as it is, he must defer to the loud voices making demands.

The president does not have any influence with members of Congress now, and he isn’t going to have any going forward.

I think it’s safe to say he cannot take a leadership role in the looming debt ceiling and budget battles…

Good grief, even the weather won’t cooperate with the president:
A leaked copy of the Fifth Assessment Report of the U.N. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change states that,”there has been a 60 percent increase in the amount of ocean covered with ice” in the past year, with some scientists now even predicting an upcoming phase of global cooling. The melting ice cap was supposed to be the final canary in the coal mine. Well, the canary is bigger and stronger than ever.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min Earthling-1 52,232
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 hr Seymore 51,846
News Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 5 hr WelbyMD 54,566
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 5 hr SLY WEST 814
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 hr Jacques Ottawa 185,808
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 7 hr scirocco 69,288
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 7 hr scirocco 71,697
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]