Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
904,741 - 904,760 of 1,099,890 Comments Last updated 8 min ago

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#985111 Sep 18, 2013
flack wrote:
his might not be as big of a deal if the United States ever paid down its debt, but I can only find six years since 1929 where this actually occurred Ė 1930, 1947, 1948, 1951, 1956, and 1957. There is no chance of fiscal recovery with a president who, in the face of financial disaster, dares to submit a budget containing multi-trillion dollar per year deficits into the future. Until the right leadership is in place, you, I, our children and our grandchildren can look forward to living in a nation which basically owns us. Is this the same Republic that we inherited from our forefathers? I think, not.
Barack Obama has taken this nation in precisely the wrong direction; he has taken us beyond the point of no return. Yet there is still hope, but such hope, of necessity, lies beyond the realm of partisan politicians. Faith without works is dead. This isnít World War II. Itís time to dramatically reduce the federal governmentís footprint. Itís time to cut government spending. Itís time to lower (not raise) the debt ceiling. Tomorrow will be too late.
Oh please.

We were on the path to pay down our debt & what did you right whiners do? Vote for a man who ran on "giving it back".

The fact is you are too selfish & too greedy to want o support this country & vote based on who will cost your wallet the less today.

George Freakin Bush took us from that path to balanced budget to the worst recession in 80 years and you have the audacity to blame Obama?

Those trillion dollar deficits were the direct effect of the reduction of revenues & increase in needed government services. Not some outlandish spending.

I guess you would have slashed spending in 009? Really??? You would have plunged us into a depression.

But hey, UNFUNDED tax cuts, UNFUNDED expansion to Medicare, UNFUNDED record earmarks, UNFUNDED wars. Nope had nothing to do with anything.

It's all that Obama's fault.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#985112 Sep 18, 2013
Homer wrote:
So while on vacation I had to listen to some rightwing moron stating how Obama promised to close the base at Guantanamo yet his company was asked to provide a bid for more infrastructure.
Folks, Obama never said he wanted to close the base, he wanted to close the detention camp.
Also he was denied funding the closure of the camp by Congress, they would not fund this.
Also contrary to rightwing belief Obama is not a dictator so he cannot just close the camp on his own.
I gave him a pass as I was on vacation.
LOL, you can't get away from that same question even on vacation!
Where did you go?
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#985113 Sep 18, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, yeah, yeah, sure dyckhead, gfy
Yeah... lily tried to be normal once... Worst two minutes of her miserable life...

It's the culture..
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#985114 Sep 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes, and look who is their number one water carrier? I guess she's part of the 1%.
It has become like a police state here in Florida; we have undercover cops in plain cars cruising around watching everyone, pulling cars over for random bullshyt; they're the frontline salesmen fueling the criminal justice system by providing an endless supply of people to the private prison companies who put our governor in office. Creating more and more felons, so that they can never get a job, or an apartment, or a loan, or go to college; what do they expect these people to do?
Did Sambo get caught in a drug bust?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#985115 Sep 18, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>
We were actually doing ok debt-wise until the 1980's
http://zfacts.com/p/318.html
Look at this chart and remind me, who was president in 1980?
Obama has far outdistanced Reagan.

Graph is bogus because it charges Bush for Porkulus.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#985116 Sep 18, 2013
<quoted text>
In 1957, Romania legalized abortion, but in 1966, after a decline in the national birthrate, Nicolae Ceau&#351;escu approved Decree 770, which criminalized abortion and encouraged childbirth. As a result of this decree, women were forced to seek out illegal methods of abortion that caused the deaths of over 9,000 women and left countless unwanted children abandoned in orphanages. Abortion remained illegal until 1989, when the decree was overturned
Japan is known today worldwide for its acceptance of abortion.[84][88] It is estimated that two-thirds of Japanese women have an abortion by age forty, partially due to former government restrictions on contraceptive pills on 'public hygiene grounds'.[84]
The Eugenics Protection Law of 1948 made abortion on demand legal up to twenty-two weeks' gestation so long as the woman's health was endangered; in 1949, this law was extended to consider the risk the child's birth would place on a woman's economic welfare.[84][88] Originally, each case would have to be approved by a local eugenics council, but this law was removed from the law in 1952, making the decision a private one between a woman and her physician.[84][88]
In 1964, the creation of the conservative right-wing nationalist political lobbying group called Seicho-no-Ie brought about a strong opposition to the abortion laws.[84] This campaign reached its peak strength in the early 1980s, but ultimately failed in 1983
India enforced the Indian Penal Code from 1860 to 1971, criminalizing abortion and punishing both the practitioners and the women who sought out the procedure.[86] As a result, countless women died in an attempt to obtain illegal abortions from unqualified midwives and "doctors."[86] Abortion was made legal under specific circumstances in 1971, but as scholar S. Chandrasekhar notes, lower class women still find themselves at a greater risk of injury or death as a result of a botched abortion
I could go on, but, the point is this: women have the right over their own bodies and the right to safe abortion procedures. If it is outlawed, you will force them underground and they will die.
Abortion is the only thing slowing the march of the US toward becoming a Third World country....

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#985117 Sep 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes, and look who is their number one water carrier? I guess she's part of the 1%.
It has become like a police state here in Florida; we have undercover cops in plain cars cruising around watching everyone, pulling cars over for random bullshyt; they're the frontline salesmen fueling the criminal justice system by providing an endless supply of people to the private prison companies who put our governor in office. Creating more and more felons, so that they can never get a job, or an apartment, or a loan, or go to college; what do they expect these people to do?
Boy, Lily, you're paranoia and irrationality has no limit, does it?

So how do you feel about Russia and ex-KGB, Putin, who wants nothing more than to restore the old Russian Communist regime and include controlling the Middle East (and its oil) to take our place as the world leader? Thanks to the ineptness and naivety of our current leadership?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#985118 Sep 18, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>
Homer would have surrendered the Cold War to the Soviet Union. Clinton had the luck of being president after the collapse of the Cold War. I notice Obama's numbers are going up off the chart. But he's your guy so it's ok.

Orlando, FL

#985119 Sep 18, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please.
We were on the path to pay down our debt & what did you right whiners do? Vote for a man who ran on "giving it back".
The fact is you are too selfish & too greedy to want o support this country & vote based on who will cost your wallet the less today.
George Freakin Bush took us from that path to balanced budget to the worst recession in 80 years and you have the audacity to blame Obama?
Those trillion dollar deficits were the direct effect of the reduction of revenues & increase in needed government services. Not some outlandish spending.
I guess you would have slashed spending in 009? Really??? You would have plunged us into a depression.
But hey, UNFUNDED tax cuts, UNFUNDED expansion to Medicare, UNFUNDED record earmarks, UNFUNDED wars. Nope had nothing to do with anything.
It's all that Obama's fault.
Pay down our debt? Is that what Obama and your Democrats are doing by increasing the deficit by $6 trillion - and counting?

And we haven't even felt the fallout from Obamacare yet.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#985120 Sep 18, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> You want to kill your future go ahead but you saying that people trying to stop the killing of innocent babies is sick in the head is some very dark humor I must say.
Fetus does not = innocent babies
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#985121 Sep 18, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Homer sounds like Ross Perot...
If your charts and graphs tag Bush with the Porkulus spending, then they are completely bogus.
They do not tag Bush. They show the upswing in spending starting in 1980 that really never leveled off except briefly under Clinton. Come on JG at least don't deny the facts. I know you are a rightwinger but there must be some shred of decency buried somewhere deep inside, maybe it comes out on Sundays for a brief moment when you hold the church door open for some old lady before you all try and kill each other in the parking lot trying to leave afterwards but I digress...

Orlando, FL

#985122 Sep 18, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>
Looking back never lets you see where you're going.

Thought for the day, Homer.

But you really don't believe - deep down in your gut - the economy and jobs are going to improve when Obamacare really hits the fan? We're smelling the stench and it hasn't even gotten off the ground yet.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#985123 Sep 18, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama has far outdistanced Reagan.
Graph is bogus because it charges Bush for Porkulus.
Graph is right. Shows Democrats in charge of spending.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#985124 Sep 18, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, Lily, you're paranoia and irrationality has no limit, does it?
So how do you feel about Russia and ex-KGB, Putin, who wants nothing more than to restore the old Russian Communist regime and include controlling the Middle East (and its oil) to take our place as the world leader? Thanks to the ineptness and naivety of our current leadership?
Huh? I thought you republicans were loving Putin. I never trusted the Russians and that Putin is a murderer.
What are you trying to say? Bomb Syria?
barock_OBAMA

United States

#985125 Sep 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Make me, perkele
(MegaPhone)
JUMP OFF A CLIFF!

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#985126 Sep 18, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Fetus does not = innocent babies
What is it, a puppy? It's a human baby and you know it. That semantics game doesn't work with me. Hey, if you want to kill your future go right ahead. One less, most likely, I will have to feed.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#985127 Sep 18, 2013
<quoted text>
LOL, you can't get away from that same question even on vacation!
Where did you go?
The Atlantic Ocean.:)
I think the guy may have also been a closet gay as we were sitting on the beach with our wives and this guy came over chatting up a storm and seemed very interested in my friend and not at all interested in his wife "They were there for a weekend romantic getaway from Thursday to Sunday and he was already sick of all the closeness"(this was Thursday afternoon mind you)

The guy hung around for like 30 minutes and wouldn't shut up or go away hanging on my friend's every word, while his wife sat 50 feet away miserable reading her book. My wife and I contemplated drowning ourselves in the ocean to escape.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#985128 Sep 18, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pay down our debt? Is that what Obama and your Democrats are doing by increasing the deficit by $6 trillion - and counting?
And we haven't even felt the fallout from Obamacare yet.
What we wonder is how these people 'passed' simple math in grade school?
tell_it_like_it_ IS

United States

#985129 Sep 18, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>They do not tag Bush. They show the upswing in spending starting in 1980 that really never leveled off except briefly under Clinton. Come on JG at least don't deny the facts. I know you are a rightwinger but there must be some shred of decency buried somewhere deep inside, maybe it comes out on Sundays for a brief moment when you hold the church door open for some old lady before you all try and kill each other in the parking lot trying to leave afterwards but I digress...
All this mumbling from a man (?) who needs to be taught how to wash his scrotum....
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#985130 Sep 18, 2013
The mother of the man apparently responsible for killing 12 people at the Washington Navy Yard said that her "heart is broken" in an apology released Wednesday.

Cathleen Alexis, speaking from her home in Brooklyn, New York, lamented that she could not explain her son's horrific actions.

"I don't know why he did what what he did, and I'll never be able to ask him why," she said. "Aaron is now in a place where he can no longer do harm to anyone, and for that I am glad. To the families of the victims, I am so, so very sorry that this has happened."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 min edogxxx 97,918
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 7 min TRD 68,356
Abby 8-29 17 min edogxxx 1
Amy 8-29 21 min edogxxx 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 23 min SpaceBlues 46,295
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 30 min Donnie 177,357
Review: Anthony D S Grill (Jan '14) 44 min Aileen Rodriguez 6
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info