Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1263996 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#985390 Sep 18, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Where have you been SonicMoron? Are you always a day late and a dollar short?
Your Ministry of Propaganda just told you about this?
You Anti-American DemoKKK-RATs are always S - L - O - W.
you mean did i know that "it's a dumb idea, because you can't defund Obamacare"?

yes. i'm not the one who's still behind the 8-ball on that one. that would be you and Ted Cruz.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#985391 Sep 18, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
homophobe
Someone who repeatedly whines that homosexuals endanger family values and the sanctity of marriage, until outed as a closet case, desperately afraid of the gay person looking back in the mirror.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
though from what we've all been told you've already looked in the mirror.
While homosexuals vehemently reject being considered mentally ill, You sonicmoron have no problems regarding those who dislike your homosexuality as mentally ill...

It's the culture...

Since: Sep 13

Chicago, IL

#985393 Sep 18, 2013
what Curtis replied I cant believe that a person can earn $9877 in 1 month on the computer. did you read this link >>> JOBS75.com
tell_it_like_it_ is

Blanchard, OK

#985394 Sep 18, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
they came over on the Mayflower.
i think that explains it.
Darwinism...
or...
Your forefathers were not smart enough to win..
Sorry
Hood Rat

Waterbury, CT

#985395 Sep 18, 2013
Why do some people get upset when obama is called a kenyan thats what he is Kenyan and White American blacks cant change facts be mad
Hood Rat

Waterbury, CT

#985396 Sep 18, 2013
Did obama go to nursery school in america just a question what about his immunazation records say
Hood Rat

Waterbury, CT

#985397 Sep 18, 2013
tell_it_like_it_is wrote:
<quoted text>
Darwinism...
or...
Sorry
sonicfilth is white he is not Black.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#985398 Sep 18, 2013
Hey liars - Democrats.

How many AR-15's like your press on the left reported so quickly were used in the D.C. Shooting by your black Obama supporter who murdered 12 people?

Even Dick Durban jumped on the lie wagon?

Well, how many AR-15's NAZI Democrats?

How about you SonicMoron?

You Ghost (who now posts as Yeah)?

DumbDave?
Hood Rat

Waterbury, CT

#985399 Sep 18, 2013
russia didnt check america putin checked obama so here comes the punk who gets abloody nose runs home gets a gun and kill innocent bystanders thats what obama will do just watch
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#985400 Sep 18, 2013
clean_balls_4_Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
What is more idiotic:
Defunding obammycare
Or...
Defunding a program to teach African men how to wash his balls?
how do you defund a program when the money has already been spent?

and do you have any idea how much Bush spent on Africa?

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#985401 Sep 18, 2013
tell_it_like_it_is wrote:
<quoted text>
Darwinism...
or...
Sorry
my forefathers had been dealing with honorable people until you white folks showed up. call it moral gullibility.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#985403 Sep 18, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
No no no. You said cars blew up.
Are you running from that now? Just asking.
Just like Tesla, the Fisker is subject to "bricking."
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#985405 Sep 18, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The customer premium/cost whatever__about one half of Florida's 3.5 million uninsured could qualify for a silver plan through the ACA exchange for about $100 per month.
The story is appearing today in newspapers throughout Florida and apparently is also being broadcast in CA on KTLA.
You act as though your tripe is going to make a difference going forward__have you too lost your fkn mind?
They are lying to make the program seem more attractive.
tell_it_like_it_ is

Blanchard, OK

#985406 Sep 18, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
my forefathers had been dealing with honorable people until you white folks showed up. call it moral gullibility.
How do you prove you are Indian?
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#985408 Sep 18, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
how do you defund a program when the money has already been spent?
and do you have any idea how much Bush spent on Africa?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =YVQfzoX4xckXX
LOL... If you knew anything about the program or subject, You would have never said that sonicmoron...

The Unconscious Poison of Plantation Liberalism
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#985409 Sep 18, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>What I'm saying is that it's the law of the land and that you should get used to it.
LOL, I can remember when companies began dumping their pension plans in favor of 401K's__hah, the right wing loons were screaming that the fkn world was going to end.
Laws can be repealed, like Prohibition.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#985410 Sep 18, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>What I'm saying is that it's the law of the land and that you should get used to it.
LOL, I can remember when companies began dumping their pension plans in favor of 401K's__hah, the right wing loons were screaming that the fkn world was going to end.
The reason many companies dropped pension plans in the 1980s was because the plans were overfunded and that was the only way to recover the money. For the most part, the employees got screwed.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#985411 Sep 18, 2013
The Power of 218

If House Republicans can't hold together, they have no leverage at all.

Perhaps the only war strategizing more inept than President Obama's on Syria are GOP plans for the budget hostilities this autumn. Republicans are fracturing over tactics, and even over the nature of political reality, which may let Mr. Obama outwit them like a domestic Vladimir Putin.

In our view the GOP would be less confused if more House Members appreciated the power of 218. That's the number of votes that makes a majority and it is the only true "leverage" Republicans have while Democrats hold the Senate and a Presidential veto.

The latest GOP internal dispute is over a continuing resolution to fund the government at sequester-spending levels. The current CR runs out at the end of the month, and about 40 to 50 House Republicans (out of 233) want to attach a rider that either delays or defunds the Affordable Care Act for a year and leaves everything else running.

....If this works it would be the first time. The evidence going back to the Newt Gingrich Congress is that no party can govern from the House, and the Republican Party can't abide the outcry when flights are delayed, national parks close and direct deposits for military spouses stop. Sooner or later the GOP breaks.

This all-or-nothing posture also usually results in worse policy. The most recent example was the failure of Mr. Boehner's fiscal cliff "Plan B" in December 2012, which was the best the GOP could do because Mr. Obama had the whip hand of automatic tax increases. The fallback deal that was sealed in the Senate raised taxes by more and is now complicating the prospects for tax reform.

The backbenchers are heading into another box canyon now. Mr. Boehner is undermined because the other side knows he lacks 218 GOP votes, which empowers House and Senate Democrats. They want to reverse the modest spending discipline of the sequester, and if the House GOP can't hold together on the CR they will succeed. The only chance of any entitlement reform worth the name is if Mr. Boehner can hold his majority and negotiate from strength.

We've often supported backbenchers who want to push GOP leaders in a better policy direction, most recently on the farm bill. But it's something else entirely to sabotage any plan with a chance of succeeding and pretend to have "leverage" that exists only in the world of townhall applause lines and fundraising letters.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142412788...

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#985412 Sep 18, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Blow it out your tin ear, Massey. I choose to not cheapen my philanthropy by bragging about it.(Notice you ignored the fact that you go around insulting people who are down on their luck and think the "future" lies in having more babies with little or no chance of achieving a "good life" as long as you don't have to spend a dime on helping.)
You've got no room to talk, Leo? You've been a freeloader, oops 'teacher' in your 'career' and you talk about other people? Talk about 'tin ear', maybe you should pull out your ear horn? So you 'might' understand how someone is speaking?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#985413 Sep 18, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Obamacare requires doctors to ask about your personal sexual life!!
Can we get the Liberal government away from our bedroom?
Just tell them to f*ck off...both the doctors and the government...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 26 min Enter 194,637
News Fatal heat wave 20 years ago changed Chicago's ... 2 hr No8isClassic 8
Can't these people do better? 2 hr Magonigol 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr IBdaMann 54,333
The Messenger 4 hr DKTM 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr PEllen 100,286
amy august 2 4 hr PEllen 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages