Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 45,229)

Showing posts 904,561 - 904,580 of1,033,782
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Patriot

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

The Banker 'elite' through their IRS are cracking down on tips – again. Why go after billionaires when you can squeeze more out of servers?

September 12, 2013

http://www.blacklistednews.com/The_IRS_is_cra...

“All Human Freedom began”

Since: May 10

Happy Pesach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think companies with minimum wage jobs, fill those positions & they all get advanced within that company.
You people keep telling me companies can't survive if the minimum wage is raised. Even though todays rate is far lower than it was 30 - 40 years ago in comparative dollars.
So certainly there must be a pile of minimum wage workers out there & they certainly aren't all getting promoted within two years.
So companies pay a wage that two wage earners in a family still don't make enough & we have to subsidize these people with food stamps & government programs - rent, heat, healthcare, school lunches, etc.
Earned Income Tax Credits was passed by Republicans to avoid a hike in the minimum wage. So tax payers pay instead of the employers. A subsidy.
I thought you free market" people were about no government help?
But here you are ( with or subsidized salary) telling us the government needs to subsidize the workers of companies that pay minimum wage.
So many of people working to get off welfare & make it on their own & you call them "worthless".
I am sitting here with above minimum wage jobs as in assistant manager and under management positions. There are 26 on my desk to be filled. These are not low level positions. But if no one applies for them- they don't get filled. The objectives are not hard. But even you have to admit, the people pool are a bunch of idiots. They try to tell me what they want to work, not what the job requires and then the best part is, how much does it pay? They could care less, 5 this week told me the job paid too much and was too many hours and they would lose their government benefits. So wTf. This is what liberalism has bred in the country. You can thank them. F*ck.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

September 12, 2013

Putin’s “Modern Love”

Posted by Andy Borowitz

TO: Jill Abramson, Executive Editor, the New York Times

Dear Jill,

Thanks for your kind words about my Op-Ed in today’s Times. I’ve been checking your Web site every five minutes and I see it’s the second most popular story, right after the Science Times article about middle-aged men and estrogen.

Since my writing seems to be such a big hit with your readers, I thought I’d submit a “Modern Love.” Let me know what you think!:)

Yours,
Vlad

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
This deal wouldn't be happening if Obama didn't show that he was willing to drop the hammer on Assad.
What?

You mean it wasn't Kerry's "gaffe" that saved Obama's world?

No one thought to offer this "gaffe" of foreign diplomacy (No missile strikes in exchange for Syria's WMD's) a month ago?

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/09/10/sy...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Modern Love
by Vladimir V. Putin

They say love is like a polar bear. If you want to take it in your arms and hug it, first you must be sure that it is properly drugged. Or perhaps love is like a tiger. If it escapes from the zoo and starts charging at you, you must shoot it with a tranquilizer dart. Whether it is a polar bear or a tiger, though, one thing is true: you must make love drop to the ground, preferably with some kind of drug, or it will maul you to death and eat you.

I was lonely, vulnerable. I had just come off a relationship that had seemed so promising, but now she was far away, in Siberia. It is true that I had sent her there, but the fact remained: I was alone.

Did I mention that love is like Siberia? I should have, because love can be quite cold sometimes. And it also can seem very far away, which Siberia is.(Unless you are in Siberia yourself.)

So there I was, lonely and vulnerable, the tranquilized polar bear of my heart lying in an unconscious white furry heap at my feet.
And that’s when I saw her. On TV.

I had never seen such a beautiful face, such a lithe and lissome frame. I had never seen such a delicate and precious creature as this, and I have hang-glided with endangered cranes.

I summoned my houseboy, Dmitri, who joined me in front of the TV. We watched in silent wonder for a minute or so, and then I asked him,“What is she doing?”

“I believe in America that is called ‘twerking.’&#8201;”

“I must have her.”

continued...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Days passed. With Dmitri’s aid I sought her out. We tried Twitter, Facebook, Instagram. I sent her a Vine video of me kickboxing a tranquilized shark. No response.

I went to St. Petersburg for the G20. All around me, people were speaking of Syria, but all I could think about was my goddess with the foot-long tongue.

Love is like a flock of endangered cranes. It will take you soaring into the clouds, but if you are not careful it will send you hang-gliding into the side of a mountain, your brains falling to the earth in tiny gray jelly bits.

I excused myself from the G20, saying that I was trying to solve the crisis in Syria. In actuality, I was calling Dmitri to see if she had Vined me back.

“Have you heard anything from her?” I asked.

“No, but I have some … discouraging news. From TMZ.”

“TMZ? What is TMZ?”

“It is like KGB. They seem to have information on everyone.”

continued...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Well?”

“It seems that she has a boyfriend. Someone named Liam.”

I put down the phone and looked out the window, at the gray skies of St. Petersburg. My heart suddenly felt like frozen tundra, and my love, a drugged polar bear, was about to fall to that tundra with the bear-like thud that bears make when they fall down suddenly. It was as if all the endangered cranes had suddenly tumbled from the sky, shot down by the antiballistic missiles of cruel fate. Love was a lot of things, it seemed to me, and all of them were pretty bad.

But then it occurred to me: a love such as the one I had for the one who twerked so majestically might come around only once in a lifetime. Who was I to give up on such a love? Who was this Liam to stand in my way?

I picked up the phone again and spoke to Dmitri.

“I want Liam shot with a tranquilizer dart.”

I put down the phone. Love is a lot of things, I have learned—bears, tigers, cranes—but why try to define it? When all is said and done, love means shooting at something and making it fall down. That, I have learned, is the most modern love of all.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
If I posted on facebook today that I'm going to have a party Friday, there would be more than twenty one people show up.
The muslims had every national network news program promote their Million Muslim March every evening for over two weeks.
Twenty one muslims showed up for the Million Muslim March.
... twenty one.
I don't think I've ever seen anything like this before.
The streets of DC were placed off limits for everyone else so the Million Muslim March could have them to theirselves, and only twenty one muslims showed up.
... Washington DC closed all traffic to the mall so twenty one muslims could march.
That is a HUGE news story. Don't you wonder why all the news networks are pretending it didn't happen?
Maybe they were scared the bikers were going to kill them
LCNLin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
September 12, 2013
Putin’s “Modern Love”
Posted by Andy Borowitz
TO: Jill Abramson, Executive Editor, the New York Times
Dear Jill,
Thanks for your kind words about my Op-Ed in today’s Times. I’ve been checking your Web site every five minutes and I see it’s the second most popular story, right after the Science Times article about middle-aged men and estrogen.
Since my writing seems to be such a big hit with your readers, I thought I’d submit a “Modern Love.” Let me know what you think!:)
Yours,
Vlad
Great post ... trolls still active
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>What? you don't know either--of course you don't. Exceptionalism in individuals is what made this country great. Are you on crack like O'bama?
oh sure, really great. unless you can't go to Europe because you're worried about.....

Bush cancels visit to Switzerland after arrest threat

http://dailycaller.com/2011/02/08/bush-cancel...

though that is exceptional.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>I am sitting here with above minimum wage jobs as in assistant manager and under management positions. There are 26 on my desk to be filled. These are not low level positions. But if no one applies for them- they don't get filled. The objectives are not hard. But even you have to admit, the people pool are a bunch of idiots. They try to tell me what they want to work, not what the job requires and then the best part is, how much does it pay? They could care less, 5 this week told me the job paid too much and was too many hours and they would lose their government benefits. So wTf. This is what liberalism has bred in the country. You can thank them. F*ck.
Liar; and, if you have a desk and a job; when do you go to it? you're here 24/7 you fking liar.
LCNLin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>I am sitting here with above minimum wage jobs as in assistant manager and under management positions. There are 26 on my desk to be filled. These are not low level positions. But if no one applies for them- they don't get filled. The objectives are not hard. But even you have to admit, the people pool are a bunch of idiots. They try to tell me what they want to work, not what the job requires and then the best part is, how much does it pay? They could care less, 5 this week told me the job paid too much and was too many hours and they would lose their government benefits. So wTf. This is what liberalism has bred in the country. You can thank them. F*ck.
somehow we do NOT believe you
LOL
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> So was Star Trek but it is amazing how much of their technology is real now. Your a moran!!!
lol! "...Your a moran!!! "

Boy, do you like rocks being tossed at glass houses!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Occupy-Chicago wrote:
25 Muslims wow and another 25 Christens as a counter protest good for them! With Over 2,000,000 Bickers. Do you think they will mind if we count 1 million bicker as Christens so the count would be 25 Muslims, 1,000,000 Bikers and another 1,000,025 Christens some of whom also own a Bike?
http://www.wnd.com/2013/09/2-million-bikers-r...
“Thank You”**Patriotic Bikers** God Bless :)
Thank you American Lady for the Post
http://www.topix.com/forum/us/TR4NO3GTFHLCF7J...
what's a bicker? and why are there some many of them?
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually just want to have a roof over my head before interest rates hit the roof...pardon the pun. They're rising as we speak.
So what did Obama do exactly to improve the housing market all by himself?
How do you know it wouldn't have improved long before now under Republican leadership over the past five years?
So... is CRA still in existence son?

Or was it repealed?
RUSH10ME

Tappahannock, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
Well?”
“It seems that she has a boyfriend. Someone named Liam.”
I put down the phone and looked out the window, at the gray skies of St. Petersburg. My heart suddenly felt like frozen tundra, and my love, a drugged polar bear, was about to fall to that tundra with the bear-like thud that bears make when they fall down suddenly. It was as if all the endangered cranes had suddenly tumbled from the sky, shot down by the antiballistic missiles of cruel fate. Love was a lot of things, it seemed to me, and all of them were pretty bad.
But then it occurred to me: a love such as the one I had for the one who twerked so majestically might come around only once in a lifetime. Who was I to give up on such a love? Who was this Liam to stand in my way?
I picked up the phone again and spoke to Dmitri.
“I want Liam shot with a tranquilizer dart.”
I put down the phone. Love is a lot of things, I have learned—bears, tigers, cranes—but why try to define it? When all is said and done, love means shooting at something and making it fall down. That, I have learned, is the most modern love of all.
Congradulations lily have been the drunkest lard ass in Boca for the last 1712 days in a row .
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

LoisLane59 wrote:
Obama, unlike Bush, likes dropping those drones like they're water balloons.
Obama's use of drones is off the charts compared to Bush.
So what do you liberals have to say about that?
lol! So is Obama's use of technology and the teleprompter son.

I'd still like to see you cons go back to campaigning off the back of a steam locomotive!

I'd also have to say he made better use of human lives too.
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a nice mixture of whites, blacks and Hispanics where I live. Everyone is courteous and friendly and it's a very quiet and clean neighborhood. Quite pleasant actually.
This kind of neighborhood is more the norm nowadays - especially in cities and surrounding residential areas.
I'm sure some of your neighbors are minorities too. Unless you live in an elitist all-white neighborhood.
Eitist all-white neighborhood--hahahahahehehehe
Down at the trailer park where loooosey lives there are all kinds and colors of people.
Problem is none of them stay long enough to make friends with looooosey. When the cops raid her place half her friends leave.
Loooosey is a fake muff diving teacher don't ya know.
Lives in a double wide with the wheels still on it--just in case she needs to leave quickly.
Everything about looooosey is fake.
Isn't that right dog face.
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we are talking about the Euro-zone which all but a few nations that had to take austerity measures.
Cherry picking is for the dishonest.
Greece should have been kicked at the Euro-zone and the INF is admitting giving this birth to death social give away country a loan was a BIG mistake.
So being the 'honest' person that you claim to be, have you found those declaration of wars son?

Or did you lie?

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever been to Spain
Have you?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 904,561 - 904,580 of1,033,782
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

64 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 min JOEL COOL DUDE 64,996
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 min RACE 4,023
Amy 4-17 9 min RACE 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min Linktv org 167,417
Abby 4-17 16 min RACE 4
World War O 44 min Washington Blog 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 48 min Brian_G 42,940
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Go Blue Forever 96,017
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance