Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
904,101 - 904,120 of 1,098,710 Comments Last updated 18 min ago
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
You cant sign up for something non-existent.....:-)
Make sure they aim for the head; its the big pumpkin-sized thing on top of my shoulders (in case they're rippled-out)....
i live in a town of 2,000 in the most racist part of the country.

so even better.....moonshine.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
PS; you have NEIGHBORS? Oy, neighbors are like muslim extremists: the only good one is a dead one.....:-)
an Arab muslim would last about 2 seconds in this town.

like i said...just say you're a liberal who wants all my guns.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You're nuts, it's was GHWB that invited that lunatic Ralph Reed on share the convention stage with Barbara and the little brown ones.
There aren't enough tea party folks/right wing loons to win an election__the R's must rally the religious nutbags, abortion clowns and gun freaks to even keep it close.
another racist slur from Dumbass Dave's dumber brother...

Although Galt is not a fan, Ralph Reed was never known primarily for anti-abortion crusading.

Besides, Reed is yesterday's news, like you.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you suggesting that CIA operatives and contractors cannot be subpoenaed?
I'm saying that Issa should send out the subpoenas and see what happens.

I think he should also send one to Paula Broadwell.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then, if you want a candidate who never so much as utters they are pro-life even without elaborating, you're going to alienate a significant number of conservative voters.
If that's the way you feel, then feel free to vote for the likes of Obama or Hillary.

Conservatism is not defined by the abortion issue...in fact, many conservatives, particularly women, will not vote for a strict anti-abortion candidate no matter how conservative on other issues.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Realtime wrote:
Aaron Alexis was a practicing Buddhist who spoke Thai and hoped to one day move to Thailand.
His circle of friends was small, he perceived slights where there weren't any__he was basically nuts.
Not all the victims were white as one lying topix mofo offered earlier today__at least one was black and another was a Hindu Indian American. Not all the dead have been ID'd yet. None of the dead were active duty military most were older, one 73 yoa.
What a disaster; another lonely loser with a gun, sitting in his apartment playing video games and had to kill people to feel significant. Good thing he's dead. Idiot.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then, if you want a candidate who never so much as utters they are pro-life even without elaborating, you're going to alienate a significant number of conservative voters.
Because that question is going to come up in the debates every single election cycle.
Even black voters are switching parties in part because of this issue.
However, I agree with you that conservative candidates who are pro-life (and remember Giuliani was pro-choice) should be very cautious as to how much emphasis they allow the opposition to push this issue just to entrap them. But it's always going to be an issue. They just have to learn how to outsmart them without losing the higher ground.
But to label "fundamentalist Christians" as "anti-abortion radicals" is rather naÔve on your part. No offense, but it's more of a moral issue and many oppose it on both sides...fundamentalist Christians or not.
How about a candidate who just states that he is personally opposed to abortion but respects the rights of people to make their own decisions about their own lives free of government interference?

Or do you religious fundamentalists want the government making your decisions?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Lobbyist no doubt__sellout like our old congressman/AG Bill McCollum.
Oh, and speaking about AG's, how about that little hottie Pam Bondi postponing an execution so she could attend a fun fundraiser in Tampa.
So the person got one more day on deathrow? I think that company went bankrupt. Maybe Mitt gutted it!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Scott Brown Named Consultant For Global Digital Solutions Inc., Small Arms Manufacturing Provider
The Boston Globe reported Tuesday that Brown has been hired as a consultant for Global Digital Solutions, Inc -- a company that describes itself as " a leader in providing small arms manufacturing, complementary security and technology solutions and knowledge-based, cyber-related, culturally attuned social consulting in unsettled areas."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/10/scot...
Elizabeth Warren for President!

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> That isn't what he said.
Isn;t a regulation "holding a gin to your head" in that you have to follow it?

The problem with you idiots is that you don't understand what you post.

We have tons of regulation in the "free market" that tell participants what they can and can not do.

Just because you don't like one does not mean the end of a free market.

Is demanding a certain building code the end of the free market in construction? Doesn't the government tell builders what to do?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
another racist slur from Dumbass Dave's dumber brother...
Although Galt is not a fan, Ralph Reed was never known primarily for anti-abortion crusading.
Besides, Reed is yesterday's news, like you.
He is? What was he primarily known for? Anti gay marriage?
He looks like a closet queen to me; most of those anti gay guys are
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
If getting treatment for an existing condition isn't "health care", what is it? Do you know how many people come to the emergency room for routine and preventative medicine?
medical care...

"Healthcare" is a political slogan.

People who come to the emergency room for minor illnesses (colds, etc.) should be turned away and told to take two aspirin and call their doctor in the morning.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
If that's the way you feel, then feel free to vote for the likes of Obama or Hillary.
Conservatism is not defined by the abortion issue...in fact, many conservatives, particularly women, will not vote for a strict anti-abortion candidate no matter how conservative on other issues.
Good luck trying to convince her of that; you are the voice of reason regarding this topic. Carol is a religious fanatic; the candidates know how to get to them using that issue and gay marriage; happens everytime. Gays, guns and God.

Gettysburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Looks to me like he's a stoner. He didn't take into account that America's population is much larger than the others. Your prepaid medical care is far more expensive.
"per capita" - look it up.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Also, RealDave, and this is right out of your source...

Ice extent is still well above last yearís level. Open water was observed in the ice cover close to the North Pole, while in the Antarctic, sea ice has been at a record high the past few days.

Sea ice extent for August 2013 averaged 6.09 million square kilometers. This was 1.13 million square kilometers below the 1981 to 2010 average for August, but well above the level recorded last year.

Relatively cool conditions over the central Arctic Ocean continued, a pattern that has characterized this summer.

The opening near the pole highlights the complex interplay between the ice, atmosphere, and ocean. Such openings in the ice occur two ways: through winds pushing the ice apart or through melting. Both processes likely played a role in forming the current opening.

http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/

I'd say it's safe to stop believing Al Gore and Obama who use even the climate for political gain.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I'm saying that Issa should send out the subpoenas and see what happens.
I think he should also send one to Paula Broadwell.
Speaking of Darryl Issa; that nutjob that got arrested yesterday for lobbing fireworks over the White House fence; has a stronge resemblance to him!!

Maybe it was crazy Paul Izzo!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Lobbyist no doubt__sellout like our old congressman/AG Bill McCollum.
Oh, and speaking about AG's, how about that little hottie Pam Bondi postponing an execution so she could attend a fun fundraiser in Tampa.
sexist bigot....

Of course, nobody would ever call that old hag Hillary a hottie.

Gettysburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Elizabeth Warren for President!
Clinton/Warren '16
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol, you do realize that Global warming causes the sea levels to rise so reducing the greenhouse emissions to reduce the effects of global warming would lessen that sea level increase.
India & China are smart enough to know that Global Warming needs to be addresses. Too bad you are not.
You really should try to keep up, Deranged Dave:

"Top climate scientists have admitted that their global warming forecasts are wrong and world is not heating at the rate they claimed it was in a key report."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/...

Instead, your libatrds:

OMG, OMG - Glow Bull Warming.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
Your type probably thinks Debbie Wasserman-Test is a hottie.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 7 min TRD 68,323
Amy 8-27 8 min Community Disorga... 3
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min loose cannon 177,226
Abby 8-27 15 min Community Disorga... 3
Blood on All Our Hands 45 min Truth be told 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 55 min Patriot AKA Bozo 46,242
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr edogxxx 97,876
Amy 8-26 15 hr j_m_w 21

Search the Chicago Forum:
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE