Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#984451 Sep 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
medical care...
"Healthcare" is a political slogan.
People who come to the emergency room for minor illnesses (colds, etc.) should be turned away and told to take two aspirin and call their doctor in the morning.
Well ya see, this is how some people think....if you go to a doctor, and you have regular insurance, you have to pay your copay before you are treated. But if you go to the ER, even if it is for something minor that you should be going to your private doctor for, they have to treat you even if you don't pay your copay. I work in the ER, you wouldn't believe how many people tell us that this is exactly what they do.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#984452 Sep 17, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you say that in Russian? or how about this: you're a damn foolsky.
I'm not the one helping Al Qaeda take over a country. You are.
Who's the fool here?

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#984453 Sep 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
more likely Booker/Warren or Holder/Booker...
Two white candidates will not be allowed.
Wait a second, what happened to Wiener/Holder?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#984454 Sep 17, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
How is that different that what you posted?
Seemed to me you were using that source to argue global warming isn't a dead issue.

But your source agreed with mine.

Maybe you should go back and read both of them again?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#984455 Sep 17, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
"per capita" - look it up.
Something else you may consider. The local NOWCARE or PatientFirst is more capable of handling medicare care than most facilities over there. Thus it costs more. Within ten miles of this house is seven or eight hospitals and a lot of patient care facilities. How many do they have in the same area. The American people are over medicated but have the most technologically advanced medical system in the world. Per capita.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#984456 Sep 17, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt I agree with most of your post but I’m curious… Who should speak for the Unborn?
Galt is opposed to abortion after the fetus is viable. Before then the question is purely religious and not medical. Just don't try to impose your religion on others.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#984459 Sep 17, 2013
Hello everyone. What's the latest?

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#984460 Sep 17, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
So, how do we prevent these Democrats from committing mass murder?
Part of the security for the Navy Yard is the security clearance required.
How did this person get a security clearance? Obviously, he should not have.
But, if he didn't have a security clearance, he would have just killed a bunch of defenseless white people somewhere else.
Why are mass murderers attracted to the Democratic Party?
If we took all the guns away from Democrats, wouldn't that prevent all these mass murders?
The idiot O'bama and his liberal conspirators should start by admitting that while the government is looking at everything and everyone it is apparently seeing nothing. The surveillance state failed again. Possibly it could be, the liberals yelling 'racist' each time someone comments on a black guy. You know the saying "if you see something, say something?"--they need to add unless it is a black man you racist.

Orlando, FL

#984461 Sep 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Having a set of values and wanting the government to dictate decisions in your private life are two different things.
The demand for abortions is driven by poorly educated people who have sex like bunnies without regard to the consequences and nothing can change that.
Pretty sure I made my position clear. Maybe you just haven't read the recent responses yet.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#984462 Sep 17, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Probably because your mother was actually a mother and cooked every day. I never went to the doctor as a kid. No one did. Now these people are at the doctor 6 or 7 times a year for anything and everything you can think of. A sniffle qualifies for a doctor visit.
I work in a very large emergency room, you would be surprised what people come in for: bug bites, rashes, constipation, headaches, tooth pain, fussy baby, medication refills (mostly narcotics), stuffy nose, etc.....Many come by ambulance because they get a bed quicker that way. These are not rare occurrences, they happen every day.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#984463 Sep 17, 2013
Frost advisory tonight by me so according to Flack another ice age is imminent. Better batten down the hatches.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#984464 Sep 17, 2013
Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) supports restoring voting rights for convicted felons who have completed their sentences, the Courier-Journal reported Monday.

Speaking at Louisville's Plymouth Community Renewal Center, Paul said he would push for changes to legislation to make it easier for felons to restore their right to vote and own firearms upon completing their sentences. Under current Kentucky law, felons must petition the governor in order to regain these rights.

“I am in favor of letting people get their rights back, the right to vote ... Second Amendment rights, all your rights to come back," Paul said. "I know of one man who 30-some-odd years ago had pot plants in his closet in college, got a felony conviction in college, still can’t vote, and it’s plagued him his whole life trying to get work."

Paul linked felon voting rights to the problem of disenfranchisement in African-American communities.

"One in three young black males has been convicted of a felony and they’ve lost their voting rights. I think it dwarfs all other (election-related) issues," Paul said, according to WFPL.

Mandatory minimums have trapped a lot of people, made them felons, made it hard for them to get jobs, for non-violent crimes," Paul said, according to the Associated Press. "I would just as soon take some of these non-violent crimes and make them misdemeanors so you don't get in that trap."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/17/rand...

Nice!

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#984465 Sep 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Having a set of values and wanting the government to dictate decisions in your private life are two different things.
The demand for abortions is driven by poorly educated people who have sex like bunnies without regard to the consequences and nothing can change that.
is it really poorly educated or is it wrongly educated?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#984466 Sep 17, 2013
<quoted text>
So the person got one more day on deathrow? I think that company went bankrupt. Maybe Mitt gutted it!!
No, he got until Oct 1.

She pressured Scott to postpone it so they're both getting beat up in the media.

BTW, Crist is beginning to make the rounds of (D) gatherings__I'll be real surprised if he can become a serious challenger.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#984467 Sep 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Your second sentence is totally bull

Orlando, FL

#984468 Sep 17, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Present crisis? Hah, you've got bigger chip on your shoulder than the Navy Yard shooter did. Do you hear voices too?
I mean besides those on FOX.
Grab a newspaper. Things aren't as great as you seem to think on the homefront or abroad.

Start with Obamacare and only 30% of Americans saying they might have a clue what to expect. Or the rise in part-time jobs going off the charts.

Then we'll tackle something else. Like maybe the number of homes on real estate sites that are either in foreclosure or bank owned and short sales. Too many to count.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#984469 Sep 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Good luck trying to convince her of that; you are the voice of reason regarding this topic. Carol is a religious fanatic; the candidates know how to get to them using that issue and gay marriage; happens everytime. Gays, guns and God.
Constitutionally, until when life begins is defined and the guarantee of life is constitutionally mandated, it is each state's perogative. The federal government has no role in the matter, other than to guarantee those constitutionally mandated individual rights to every living person.

Originally, this was about access to contraception. The Supreme Court stepped way outside of its constitutional bounds when it forced every state to legalize abortion.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#984470 Sep 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would anybody believe that people who are too indifferent to have a family physician will suddenly become responsible and stop running to the emergency room just because they have insurance?
They will be running to ER's a lot more because a lot of docs are leaving medicine and they won't be able to find a family doc who will be able to accept new patients.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#984471 Sep 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you read my recent posts?
Think this topic has been adequately addressed.
(The horse is dead.)
No, it's not dead. It will be resurrected as it always is during elections; that's how your candidates control you; you are an issues voter based on religious conviction.

Orlando, FL

#984472 Sep 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt is opposed to abortion after the fetus is viable. Before then the question is purely religious and not medical. Just don't try to impose your religion on others.
Is a human heartbeat any indication of life in your opinion?

And would stopping that heartbeat be what you would deem killing a life?

I'd really like to know your opinions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 min JOEL 71,276
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 min Yumpin Yimminy 68,917
Chicago police stop black motorists more, ACLU ... 1 hr reality is a crutch 6
Chicagoa s 2014 murder total on track for anoth... 1 hr reality is a crutch 3
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 49,369
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr KiMerde 51,306
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Jacques Ottawa 182,195
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:28 am PST

NBC Sports11:28AM
Bears extend Roberto Garza through 2015
NBC Sports 7:32 AM
Full-blown Bears house-cleaning could be coming
Bleacher Report 6:10 PM
Could Cutler, Shanahan Reunion Work for Jets?
ESPN 7:12 AM
Sources: Some Bears coaches fear firings
Bleacher Report 8:22 AM
Chicago Bears vs. Minnesota Vikings: Live Chicago Score and Analysis