Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#984430 Sep 17, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
What does it matter? He was a crazed killer and he's dead; let us be grateful that he is dead.
No one can predict when a person may snap; and, even if someone thought he was acting weird; the police can't pick up every whack job for acting weird. Otherwise all of you nutjobs would be locked up.
It was a terrible, heinous crime. If he didn't have a gun; maybe those people would be alive today.
May if the people that he shot had guns they could have killed him first.

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#984431 Sep 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is your source is wrong - according to the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
Which part
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#984432 Sep 17, 2013
<quoted text>
He is? What was he primarily known for? Anti gay marriage?
He looks like a closet queen to me; most of those anti gay guys are
Married for 26 years with four children makes him as gay as Obama....

Reed's role was to organize religious groups behind conservative candidates, rather than push issues.

Gettysburg, PA

#984433 Sep 17, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
If getting treatment for an existing condition isn't "health care", what is it? Do you know how many people come to the emergency room for routine and preventative medicine?
It is called treating a condition.

Healthcare is the overall well being.

I seriously doubt people stop into the Emergency Room for a check up.

Quit pretending the lack of health Insurance or the lack of money is not a deterrent top accessing the healthcare system. It makes you look stupid.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#984434 Sep 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Good luck trying to convince her of that; you are the voice of reason regarding this topic. Carol is a religious fanatic; the candidates know how to get to them using that issue and gay marriage; happens everytime. Gays, guns and God.
That is not to say that a conservative candidate should not oppose government funding of abortions....government staying out of our lives works both ways.

the gun issue is a loser for your side...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#984435 Sep 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
If that's the way you feel, then feel free to vote for the likes of Obama or Hillary.
Conservatism is not defined by the abortion issue...in fact, many conservatives, particularly women, will not vote for a strict anti-abortion candidate no matter how conservative on other issues.
Again, Galt, I think you're being too naïve to think most conservatives and many black democrats who are beginning to switch parties based just on the values the republican party holds would stand by a candidate who caved on those values.

But, as I said before, I would vote for almost anyone in this present crisis if they had real solutions to the problems at hand.

I would have voted for Giuliani in a heartbeat if he had been the GOP candidate. Many pro-life conservatives would have also done the same before voting for Obama or Hillary.

Perhaps we're both making too big an issue out of this? Roe v Wade isn't going to be overturned by any one candidate or any one election. I hope it will be a states' rights issue some day. But until then...
TSM

El Paso, TX

#984436 Sep 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
How about a candidate who just states that he is personally opposed to abortion but respects the rights of people to make their own decisions about their own lives free of government interference?
Or do you religious fundamentalists want the government making your decisions?
Galt I agree with most of your post but I’m curious… Who should speak for the Unborn?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#984437 Sep 17, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Clinton/Warren '16
more likely Booker/Warren or Holder/Booker...

Two white candidates will not be allowed.

Orlando, FL

#984438 Sep 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Super question Galt.
Pretty sure I gave a super answer too. See my post right below Galt's.

Gettysburg, PA

#984439 Sep 17, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
dumbass Dave earning his nick name.
so, dumbass Dave, if green house gas emissions are down, how does the co2 levels passing 400 ppm fit in with your man made global warming.
accumulative.

Look it up, dumbass

Eman thinks if he pours water into his glass at a certain rate then slows the flow rate, that the glass doesn't get any fuller.

Eman not too bright.

Orlando, FL

#984440 Sep 17, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I'm saying that Issa should send out the subpoenas and see what happens.
I think he should also send one to Paula Broadwell.
Apparently, he's going to. He's given the Secretary of State until September 24 and the subpoenas will be issued regardless of his and Obama's stonewalling.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#984441 Sep 17, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps, but he couldn't be a racist, only whites can be racist.
Of course! Deranged Dave can confirm that of course!

Go for it, Deranged Dave!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#984442 Sep 17, 2013
Benghazi, as seen from the grassy knoll

Why do people claim that the Benghazi scandal is “phony”?

To answer that, let’s check in with the people fanning the controversy. They assembled Monday morning at the Heritage Foundation, convened by a conservative group to listen to Rep. Frank Wolf (R-Va.) and several experts on the terrorist attack that killed four Americans in the Libyan city last year.

Some of those onstage posed questions about Benghazi that pointed to serious, if not scandalous, mistakes the government made before and during the attack. But those legitimate questions were undermined by other participants who rolled around the grassy knoll.

The lunacy began when Cliff Kincaid, a leader of Accuracy in Media, the group holding the gathering, suggested that the Obama administration is covering up events regarding Benghazi because the CIA operation there was secretly arming the enemy.“This administration has a policy of supporting al-Qaeda, the same people behind the deaths of nearly 3,000 Americans on 9/11,” he declared.

One of the panelists, former CIA officer Clare Lopez, picked up the theme.“Have we flipped our policy,” she asked,“to where we are placing the power, the influence, the might, diplomatic assets, military assets, intelligence assets, financial assets, at the service of al-Qaeda in the Middle East to bring to power forces of Islamic jihad?.&#8201;.&#8201; . Are we involved in the Middle East to help the forces of Islam, of al-Qaeda, of the Muslim Brotherhood, of jihad and sharia?”

Wolf’s reply:“I think Clare makes a very good point.” And this is the man leading the effort to create a “select committee” to investigate Benghazi.

So the Obama administration, which dispatched Osama bin Laden and decimated al-Qaeda with drone strikes, is now in cahoots with the terrorist network? Sorry, Congressman. I’ve got an appointment back on Earth.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/dana-m...

Gettysburg, PA

#984443 Sep 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Also, RealDave, and this is right out of your source...
Ice extent is still well above last year’s level. Open water was observed in the ice cover close to the North Pole, while in the Antarctic, sea ice has been at a record high the past few days.
Sea ice extent for August 2013 averaged 6.09 million square kilometers. This was 1.13 million square kilometers below the 1981 to 2010 average for August, but well above the level recorded last year.
Relatively cool conditions over the central Arctic Ocean continued, a pattern that has characterized this summer.
The opening near the pole highlights the complex interplay between the ice, atmosphere, and ocean. Such openings in the ice occur two ways: through winds pushing the ice apart or through melting. Both processes likely played a role in forming the current opening.
http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/
I'd say it's safe to stop believing Al Gore and Obama who use even the climate for political gain.
How is that different that what you posted?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#984444 Sep 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
If a candidate said something like that in this present crisis, I'd still vote for them. But I'd vote for just about any candidate who had some real solutions for a change.
But our party could possibly shoot itself in the foot if we lose our moral backbone considering there's a movement among black Christians to switch parties just because the Democrats no longer hold their same values. That could mean a lot of black votes over the course of the next two years.
Just sayin'.
Having a set of values and wanting the government to dictate decisions in your private life are two different things.

The demand for abortions is driven by poorly educated people who have sex like bunnies without regard to the consequences and nothing can change that.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#984445 Sep 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
If a candidate said something like that in this present crisis, I'd still vote for them. But I'd vote for just about any candidate who had some real solutions for a change.
But our party could possibly shoot itself in the foot if we lose our moral backbone considering there's a movement among black Christians to switch parties just because the Democrats no longer hold their same values. That could mean a lot of black votes over the course of the next two years.
Just sayin'.
Present crisis? Hah, you've got bigger chip on your shoulder than the Navy Yard shooter did. Do you hear voices too?

I mean besides those on FOX.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#984446 Sep 17, 2013
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
May if the people that he shot had guns they could have killed him first.
Big government leftists want only the clean-up squad (the cops) to have guns and are not concerned about the victims.

Gettysburg, PA

#984447 Sep 17, 2013
Probably similar to the effort required to get Galt to turn over in bed.

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nbc-news/5303175...

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#984448 Sep 17, 2013
<quoted text>
What a disaster; another lonely loser with a gun, sitting in his apartment playing video games and had to kill people to feel significant. Good thing he's dead. Idiot.
Other than the will to kill, you've just described 50% of Obama's fan base.

Orlando, FL

#984450 Sep 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Bingo! So, what you are saying is that anti abortion is your most compelling issue in voting.
Next: gay marriage
Did you read my recent posts?

Think this topic has been adequately addressed.

(The horse is dead.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
im single black hndsome 17 min ligolyser 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Guru 181,708
women are so shallow these days (Nov '11) 1 hr Silk 81
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 hr JOEL 70,988
CHICAGO BEARS ARE SHYT. Boycott them 7 hr Sublime1 19
Deat Abby 12-16 8 hr Mister Tonka 51
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 9 hr TRD 68,875
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web