Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#984382 Sep 17, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
"It is easier to fool someone than it is to convince them they have been fooled."
Mark Twain
Can you say that in Russian? or how about this: you're a damn foolsky.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#984384 Sep 17, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
This s what I love about you people. You see a tat & assume GW is over or fake.
Last year was a record low point. So this year is not a record low does not men everything is back to normal.
Sea ice extent for August 2013 averaged 6.09 million square kilometers (2.35 million square miles). This was 1.13 million square kilometers (398,000 square miles) below the 1981 to 2010 average for August, but well above the level recorded last year, which was the lowest September extent in the satellite record. Ice extent this August was similar to the years 2008 to 2010. These contrasts in ice extent from one year to the next highlight the year-to-year variability attending the overall, long-term decline in sea ice extent"
http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/
The difference is your source is wrong - according to the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#984385 Sep 17, 2013
This is what Obama’s 12th economic recovery? It’s like a’ Ghost’ you can’t see it but it sure is scary!!
Susanm

Emmaus, PA

#984387 Sep 17, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Want health care? Do these things:
1) Don't drop out of school.
2) Study something useful to the economy while you're in school.
3) Don't have children before you're married.
4) Get a job, and show up for work every day on time.
5) Do what you're paid to do while you're at work.
In what the United States used to be, doing the above would allow you to afford very good health care. My parents were semi-literate, and they afforded good enough health care for 5 kids by doing that.
Why isn't that true today?
Because they are just poor, helpless victims of society and they deserve everything for free. Oh wait, I forgot, many of them are ILLEGAL as well.
Susanm

Emmaus, PA

#984390 Sep 17, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
I didn't get a reaction from this statement:
The Washington Navy Yard shooter had a security clearance that very obviously should not have been given to him.
He was allowed to have a security clearance because he was black. Had he been white, there is no way in hell anyone with a background like that would have been given a clearance.
Why are the standards different for black people than for white people?
There are very many black people working in the Navy Yard. He didn't shoot any black people. He only shot defenseless white people.
I suppose this could be Obama's son, too.
Perhaps, but he couldn't be a racist, only whites can be racist.

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#984391 Sep 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that the fulfillment of one of his prophesized miracles?
Now all he has to do is perform a miracle in India and China.
You probably think the global warming issue being put to rest once and for all is another of his miracles.
Go ahead and just admit it.
Carol, you do realize that Global warming causes the sea levels to rise so reducing the greenhouse emissions to reduce the effects of global warming would lessen that sea level increase.

India & China are smart enough to know that Global Warming needs to be addresses. Too bad you are not.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#984392 Sep 17, 2013
Aaron Alexis was a practicing Buddhist who spoke Thai and hoped to one day move to Thailand.

His circle of friends was small, he perceived slights where there weren't any__he was basically nuts.

Not all the victims were white as one lying topix mofo offered earlier today__at least one was black and another was a Hindu Indian American. Not all the dead have been ID'd yet. None of the dead were active duty military most were older, one 73 yoa.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#984393 Sep 17, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You don't know enough about the subject to be taken seriously.
Numerous sites? LMAO
There were several state department employees who could be subpoenaed__the rest (approx 21) were CIA operatives and contractors.
Scott Smith was right there with Stevens and Smith when the main building was assaulted__where's he at?
Why won't Issa issue the subpoenas?
Let's see now...

Could it be this administration is stonewalling the investigations?

CNN (August 1, 2013)- After ignoring requests for months, the State Department has left no alternative but to issue subpoenas for documents relevant to our investigation,” Issa said in a statement.“State Department tactics to delay and impede accountability have exhausted the Committee’s patience. Further subpoenas may also be necessary if the Department is not forthcoming on other requests.

...or perhaps the State Department, a.k.a. John Kerry, is not willing to cooperate?

The Hill (September 10, 2013)- The chairman of the Oversight panel, which is leading the Benghazi investigation, threatened Tuesday to subpoena Americans wounded in the terror attack.

Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) wrote to Secretary of State John Kerry, giving him until Sept. 24 to make the witnesses available. The State Department has said it wouldn't force recalcitrant employees to talk to lawmakers but Issa pointed out that several have talked to media outlets and were interviewed by the State Department's independent panel investigation Benghazi last year.

...yes, I believe that's it.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#984394 Sep 17, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You don't know enough about the subject to be taken seriously.
Numerous sites? LMAO
There were several state department employees who could be subpoenaed__the rest (approx 21) were CIA operatives and contractors.
Scott Smith was right there with Stevens and Smith when the main building was assaulted__where's he at?
Why won't Issa issue the subpoenas?
Are you suggesting that CIA operatives and contractors cannot be subpoenaed?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#984395 Sep 17, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, can the free market can be regulated & still be a free market?
You said no.
That isn't what he said.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#984396 Sep 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Never said "half of the country" was exclusively the Tea Party. You did.
I said the majority now disapprove of Obama's leadership. Some of them are on your side of the fence.
i'm sure Bush did some things you weren't happy about.

and how is Congress looking in the polls?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#984397 Sep 17, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, can the free market can be regulated & still be a free market?
You said no.
A free market is still subject to laws regarding criminal activity.
Always Smile

Oswego, IL

#984398 Sep 17, 2013
This article sums up bo's administration!

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/358478/s...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#984399 Sep 17, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Scott Brown Named Consultant For Global Digital Solutions Inc., Small Arms Manufacturing Provider
The Boston Globe reported Tuesday that Brown has been hired as a consultant for Global Digital Solutions, Inc -- a company that describes itself as " a leader in providing small arms manufacturing, complementary security and technology solutions and knowledge-based, cyber-related, culturally attuned social consulting in unsettled areas."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/10/scot...
Lobbyist no doubt__sellout like our old congressman/AG Bill McCollum.

Oh, and speaking about AG's, how about that little hottie Pam Bondi postponing an execution so she could attend a fun fundraiser in Tampa.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#984400 Sep 17, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
You cant sign up for something non-existent.....:-)
Make sure they aim for the head; its the big pumpkin-sized thing on top of my shoulders (in case they're rippled-out)....
i live in a town of 2,000 in the most racist part of the country.

so even better.....moonshine.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#984401 Sep 17, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
PS; you have NEIGHBORS? Oy, neighbors are like muslim extremists: the only good one is a dead one.....:-)
an Arab muslim would last about 2 seconds in this town.

like i said...just say you're a liberal who wants all my guns.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#984402 Sep 17, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You're nuts, it's was GHWB that invited that lunatic Ralph Reed on share the convention stage with Barbara and the little brown ones.
There aren't enough tea party folks/right wing loons to win an election__the R's must rally the religious nutbags, abortion clowns and gun freaks to even keep it close.
another racist slur from Dumbass Dave's dumber brother...

Although Galt is not a fan, Ralph Reed was never known primarily for anti-abortion crusading.

Besides, Reed is yesterday's news, like you.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#984406 Sep 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you suggesting that CIA operatives and contractors cannot be subpoenaed?
I'm saying that Issa should send out the subpoenas and see what happens.

I think he should also send one to Paula Broadwell.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#984407 Sep 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then, if you want a candidate who never so much as utters they are pro-life even without elaborating, you're going to alienate a significant number of conservative voters.
If that's the way you feel, then feel free to vote for the likes of Obama or Hillary.

Conservatism is not defined by the abortion issue...in fact, many conservatives, particularly women, will not vote for a strict anti-abortion candidate no matter how conservative on other issues.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#984408 Sep 17, 2013
Realtime wrote:
Aaron Alexis was a practicing Buddhist who spoke Thai and hoped to one day move to Thailand.
His circle of friends was small, he perceived slights where there weren't any__he was basically nuts.
Not all the victims were white as one lying topix mofo offered earlier today__at least one was black and another was a Hindu Indian American. Not all the dead have been ID'd yet. None of the dead were active duty military most were older, one 73 yoa.
What a disaster; another lonely loser with a gun, sitting in his apartment playing video games and had to kill people to feel significant. Good thing he's dead. Idiot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 28 min TRD 68,880
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 51 min Jacques Ottawa 181,747
Deat Abby 12-16 1 hr cheluzal 71
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr cheluzal 98,834
Abby 12-18 1 hr RACE 6
Why do some cover for obumbler? 2 hr HolderjakdMyCock 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr auntiesemite 70,992
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:26 pm PST

NFL12:26PM
Trestman on Cutler benching: I think we need a spark
Yahoo! Sports12:48 PM
Jay Cutler wants to stay in Chicago, but will the Bears keep him?
NBC Sports 1:35 PM
Jimmy Clausen: 'Gained knowledge' since last start in 2010
NBC Sports 1:50 PM
Marc Trestman: 'I think we need a lift at quarterback'
ESPN 2:17 PM
Cutler: 'Crossed my mind' Bears tenure over